• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what attracted you to pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2007
    I'd say the squirtle. he was soo cute lol. and the little music when you walked .

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Ash Ketchum. I liked him as a character as soon as I saw him for reasons I can't remember. Maybe it was just the fact that he was a little amusing to my ten-year-old self back in the first season.

Lycoris

Teh Sexeh Lexieh
    Years
  • Just the idea of it, when I was like 4 pokemon can to Wb11 and I was just mezmorized by the idea and pikachu sounded so awesome back then.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I don't know what did but one day I was bored and I started to watch Pokemon when I was bored, when they were showing the 3rd episode of Pokemon and I liked it and I'm still sticking to it

:t354:TG

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I don't know what attracted me originally to Pokemon. All I remember is asking for Pokemon Red and a Game Boy Color for my birthday, and playing from there. I don't think it was a real addiction back then, at least not as much as now. But I did buy Gold, both Stadiums, and Snap (which I can't seem to find now).

However, things changed when I got Ruby. I said, "This is the same crap I've already played". And so, I gave up Pokemon FOREVER.

Then my friend told me that he started playing Diamond. After blatantly insulting him a few times, I broke down and got Pearl. I played it a bit, then got bored, and it sat on my dresser, unplayed, for a few months.

Then I heard about competitive battling, and I've been playing obsessively since.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • My friend introduced me to it, I think. He had a huge poster of Ash with Pikachu sitting on his head. I asked him what it was, and he explained it all to me, and forced me to watch the TV show.

And so, because I didn't have a GameBoy, I bought Stadium for N64 and a copy of Red, and we played it from there. That Red cart has been in the washing machine at least five times, and it's still going strong.

Then, when I went on holiday to America, my brother and I bought ourselves a Gameboy Colour each, alongside which he bought Yellow and I bought Blue. I still have all three original carts, and they're still in full working order.

AlexPokemon

o noez.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2008
    People were collecting the cards at my school and I bought some and eventually got blue from Amazon

....So it is told

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Well, I first got attracted to the games, when one of my friends decided he didn't want it anymore and just gave it to me. XP From there, I started watching the show, getting more games, and just addicted to it.

BlueLunarAngel

Borg Queen In-Training
    Years
  • I was big into anime at the time, and I happened to catch the show on weekday afternoons after school. Soon after, I picked up Pokemon Yellow and nicknamed it "Neo Giga Pets". Pretty cute if you ask me.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I had a gameboy. Red/Blue became popular and I became pulled into the game and the show.

Enjoyed it ever since.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The idea of it, and all the cute little creatures.
    Looking through them, the first one that ever really caught my interest was Ninetails.
    Second to that was Pikachu, who has been my favorite since I started liking it really.

I found out about Pokemon from a coloring book at the house of best friend (who was Japanese), and I started looking through it. I knew then that I would eventually be very interested in it, because I was drawn to the 'animals', but little did I know that it would be become popular world-wide.. Or that I would still like it when I was 20. >__o

Anyhoo, thats getting slightly off-topic.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • I'd say the squirtle. he was soo cute lol. and the little music when you walked .

hmm for me it was the anime, then i got yellow and for christams the same year i got gold i forgot to bring my gameboy to my grandmas house (were i originaly go tit) so i flipped out adn the next day i played for hours then when the advanced series started in the anime and misty left and may came, i wuz dissapointed I hated may and left the anime and i've been gamin gevur since...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Well, my brother and his friend used to have Gameboys, and everyone in the street would play together on someone's doorstep, comparing Pokemon, whilst I played with Pokemon Cards, Handbooks, and the anime merchandise (I had all 151 Pokemon Original Toys). One day, my brother, who had Silver, bought Red cheap off the market, and got a GameBoy Advance for his birthday. I picked up Silver, and our blue GameBoy Color, and played ever since. I did miss out on the R/S/E years mainly because I lost interest, and moved away to a Pokemon-free zone. However, I bought LeafGreen from eBay, and Diamond from there too. I've been re-hooked. :)

Years
  • I heard about it at school all the time and I always used to watch my neighbour play the games. What really got me into it was when I received Red for easter, it got me addicted immediately^^
    I started watching the anime some time later, I liked the cute Pokemon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Everyone was talking about it at school for a while, and then I would watch this guy in my class playing Pokémon Red and from then on I knew I HAD to beg my parents for a Gameboy so I could play it. 8D THANK YOU EVAN, WHEREVER YOU ARE AND IF THAT'S EVEN YOUR NAME.

From then on, it was the character designs that drew me in and mostly why I'm still here today. I love collecting and learning about the creatures. They're fun to draw and they're so creative (...on the whole).

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • The battles and random explosions! I love it when a flamethrower attack meets a thunderbolt and explodes, you ever notice that?

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    The Charmander evolution line is what did it for me, causing me to purchase Pokemon Red and my first Game Boy Color!! Good old memories!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back