View Full Version : Would you save yourself? Or do you save the other one?

November 21st, 2007, 7:11 PM
Let's say your in some position where you and one other close friend/family member are both traped and only one of you can be saved. Do you save yourself and deal with the guilt, or save the other and be vanquished?

November 21st, 2007, 7:17 PM
I'm thinking, but right now, I'd say: Screw that loser. Most of my family sucks and barely have any friends and any friends I have are just selfish jerks.

November 21st, 2007, 7:21 PM
Depends on who the other person is.. I'd probably let my best friend or brother live but if it's someone else like in my parents or relatives, I'd save myself. It's not because I don't like them less, it's just that I'm younger. I wouldn't live with guilt (sorrow and grief, yes) because I think that was the best decision to choose and they'd want me to live to see my future.

Shiny Umbreon
November 21st, 2007, 7:54 PM
By instincts, everyone would try to save their own lives first. Normally, saving the other one means you think it'd be better if he or she lived instead of you, which means you think your life is not worth. Those who want to leave their families, please don't be afraid to say it. It's normal. And it's not selfish because you can't do much for them. If only one will survive, it's your decision, and, as I said, the average person would prefer his or her own life.

I'm not going to answer, though. I'm not thinking about what I'd do in that situation. I'll just let it happen when I get there.

November 21st, 2007, 8:45 PM
So you said you'd just eat some apricots? xD. I'd probably save the other person. I'd have way to much guilt if I left them there.

November 21st, 2007, 8:51 PM
i'll go eat some apricots and think about this. speaking of which why is every poll that you make have apricots?

November 21st, 2007, 9:44 PM
Apricots tried to kidnap you too eh??

mm, depends on their age and their willingness. I`d probabley save myself, stop come back save him and then the Director`d yell CUT!!

November 21st, 2007, 11:45 PM
Depends - if its my little brother or my boyfriend, then I would not be able to live with the guilt of knowing I put my life before theirs, so I would let them live. (my little brother wouldn't mind, but my boyfriend would probably be thinking the same thing as me and would be rebelling against my descision...)

If its some older member of my family, such as my mum, then I'm afraid, my survival is of most importance.

EDIT: They would let me live? O_o major typo

viridian doubletongue
November 22nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
In most cases I would sacrifice myself for any of my close friends. I love them all dearly, it would be worth it. If it was me or my parents, I think I would save myself. Not for selfish reasons. Just, it's what they would want. They didn't spend all this time raising me to go die. And we both know they won't be around forever. I think it's the right decision.

Inept Prodigy
November 22nd, 2007, 1:15 AM
Like some people have already said, it depends who the other is and whether they want you to live or not. I would take into consideration what the other person wants. If it was someone like my brother, then I'd let him live. Same with my best friends, the only problem is that they'd probably do the same.

November 22nd, 2007, 1:25 AM
Hmm, This is a tough one.
Normally I would save myself, but the right thing to do is save the other guy.
Maybe I'll just eat some apricot.

November 22nd, 2007, 3:03 AM
I've thought about this question before and my answer will always be the same. Of course myself. Why? Because if I sacrifice myself for the other person, I wouldn't have the feeling of being a "hero" anyway since I'm dead. And sure, I can live with guilt. So screw the other person.

November 22nd, 2007, 4:55 AM
Whoo another silly question, which would probably never happen anyway... Pass me the apricots please. ¬_¬

November 22nd, 2007, 5:02 AM
Whoo another silly question, which would probably never happen anyway... Pass me the apricots please. ¬_¬

I was just going to say the same thing lol leave some for me aswell please =P

EDIT: Fine...I'll stick to topic

Depends on who the other person is..
Nuff said

November 22nd, 2007, 6:10 AM
Depends on who it is, really.

But.. I want some apricots. D: Screw this.

November 22nd, 2007, 6:22 AM
Apricots tried to kidnap you too eh??

mm, depends on their age and their willingness. I`d probabley save myself, stop come back save him and then the Director`d yell CUT!!

But if they're was NO WAY both of us could live, I would let them live. That's how I wanted to die after all, die while saving someone else's life, especially if it was my friend/family.

November 22nd, 2007, 7:38 AM
I would save the other guy if he was better than me and had a better thing to live for. Or I would live for myself

November 22nd, 2007, 10:29 AM
It depends,

If was my friend, then the hell with me, I would die. I love all my friends to death. I would sacrifice myself. If my family member was there, I would kill them. Like what the people said above, It would be their wish, to let me live to see my future and make something out of myself.

Loyal Arcanine
November 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
I see people saying they'd leave their parents but I really wouldn't be able to live with that. My father maybe, but I definitely wouldn't let my mother get killed.

November 22nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
...If it really is someone I was close to in my family, this would..realy be something I would need to think about..

This question sucks T_T

As a first impulse, I would probably try to get the other person safe first =/

November 22nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
You know.. I think this is one of those questions that nobody (at least me for sure) can't answer for certain until they're in that position, and there's a good chance that most of us never will.

However, I can state what I THINK I would do. :B As most people who replied have said, I think it would depend on who... I mean, there are several people who come to mind that I would value the life of over mine, while others probably less.

As a passing thought (and an out-there example), say I had a seat on a buss out of a city that was set to, like, explode, and I saw a lady with a baby who had no place on the buss. I would give up my seat for her and her baby in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

November 22nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
My life sucks enough. I'll just let the other one live.

~ Azonic

Short Bus Mafia
November 22nd, 2007, 1:25 PM
It depends on the situation for me.
I think that I'd want to let them die.
I know, it sounds kind of heartless, but let me explain.
I wouldn't want someone I care about go through seeing me die.
That would just suck for them.
No, I'd much rather go through the grief of their death than them having to go through the grief of mine.

November 22nd, 2007, 2:39 PM
Depends when it happened. I mean, what if it was right after a big fight with them, which might have clouded my judgment? By instinct, like Shiny Umbreon said, I'd probably save myself. But I'm selfish. >_>

November 22nd, 2007, 7:30 PM
Apricots <3

I'd probably give up my life for the other person; But hey,I'd probably turn selfish right at the last minute,so depends on the scenario ereally e3e;

November 22nd, 2007, 7:32 PM
I'm to cool to die, so I'll save the other guy, and still live...

November 23rd, 2007, 6:21 AM
I would save my mum sister or Gf if it was one of them. But if it was my dad or his fiance I would let them die. Providing it was after my dads fiance has given birth to my new half brother/sister.

November 23rd, 2007, 6:24 AM
If it were my family I'd save myself, if it were my partner I'd save them

November 23rd, 2007, 6:27 AM
For me it depends on who the other person is. Because some of my close family members aren't realy close. So I'll go for the apricots.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 23rd, 2007, 7:46 AM
now this is a question that is very hard to answer, it depends on the person. I'm not sure, family now I can't stand my family but this is a puzzling question

November 23rd, 2007, 9:25 AM
It would depend on who it was, really. If it was my little brother or one of my friends, I would want to save them in a heart beat. :3

November 23rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
I'd save myself, tough choice, but I'm not dying.

November 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Depends on the person. =P I have some ''friends'' that I simply get along with and don't value too highly and I have some that I would at least want to save even at the cost of my life. However, we all have a survival instinct and whether we like it or not, in such a situation, it can easily get the better of us. So yeah, I would like to save the other person, but I have no idea what I'd actually do in the situation.

November 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM
i would probably let me live soon as my best friend is a suisideal emo anyway and so is my brother but anyone else in my family and i would save them

November 27th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Why waste your life?
Shoot the killer.

November 27th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Depends, if it was my brother, then screw him, if it was one of my friends, then screw me, O_o but I am really not scared of dieing.

Dogar The Brave
November 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I amn't scared of dying - I just dont want to - but yeah - id save my friend.

Hell, I'd even save you scythe - thats saying something.

November 27th, 2007, 1:18 PM
I'd rather save my own arse. x0

November 27th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I'd probably try to save both of us or die trying, in which case the other person would live.

November 28th, 2007, 11:24 AM
id save the other person