• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you save yourself? Or do you save the other one?

Do you save yourself?

• Yes, screw the other guy

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No, I'll let the other guy live

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • I'll just go eat some apricots...

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Let's say your in some position where you and one other close friend/family member are both traped and only one of you can be saved. Do you save yourself and deal with the guilt, or save the other and be vanquished?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Depends on who the other person is.. I'd probably let my best friend or brother live but if it's someone else like in my parents or relatives, I'd save myself. It's not because I don't like them less, it's just that I'm younger. I wouldn't live with guilt (sorrow and grief, yes) because I think that was the best decision to choose and they'd want me to live to see my future.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • By instincts, everyone would try to save their own lives first. Normally, saving the other one means you think it'd be better if he or she lived instead of you, which means you think your life is not worth. Those who want to leave their families, please don't be afraid to say it. It's normal. And it's not selfish because you can't do much for them. If only one will survive, it's your decision, and, as I said, the average person would prefer his or her own life.

I'm not going to answer, though. I'm not thinking about what I'd do in that situation. I'll just let it happen when I get there.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    So you said you'd just eat some apricots? xD. I'd probably save the other person. I'd have way to much guilt if I left them there.

Years
  • Depends - if its my little brother or my boyfriend, then I would not be able to live with the guilt of knowing I put my life before theirs, so I would let them live. (my little brother wouldn't mind, but my boyfriend would probably be thinking the same thing as me and would be rebelling against my descision...)

If its some older member of my family, such as my mum, then I'm afraid, my survival is of most importance.

EDIT: They would let me live? O_o major typo

Last edited:

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • In most cases I would sacrifice myself for any of my close friends. I love them all dearly, it would be worth it. If it was me or my parents, I think I would save myself. Not for selfish reasons. Just, it's what they would want. They didn't spend all this time raising me to go die. And we both know they won't be around forever. I think it's the right decision.

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Like some people have already said, it depends who the other is and whether they want you to live or not. I would take into consideration what the other person wants. If it was someone like my brother, then I'd let him live. Same with my best friends, the only problem is that they'd probably do the same.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I've thought about this question before and my answer will always be the same. Of course myself. Why? Because if I sacrifice myself for the other person, I wouldn't have the feeling of being a "hero" anyway since I'm dead. And sure, I can live with guilt. So screw the other person.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Whoo another silly question, which would probably never happen anyway... Pass me the apricots please. ¬_¬

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Depends on who it is, really.

But.. I want some apricots. D: Screw this.

Years
  • Apricots tried to kidnap you too eh??

mm, depends on their age and their willingness. I`d probabley save myself, stop come back save him and then the Director`d yell CUT!!

totally.

But if they're was NO WAY both of us could live, I would let them live. That's how I wanted to die after all, die while saving someone else's life, especially if it was my friend/family.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I would save the other guy if he was better than me and had a better thing to live for. Or I would live for myself

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    It depends,

If was my friend, then the hell with me, I would die. I love all my friends to death. I would sacrifice myself. If my family member was there, I would kill them. Like what the people said above, It would be their wish, to let me live to see my future and make something out of myself.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    ...If it really is someone I was close to in my family, this would..realy be something I would need to think about..

This question sucks T_T

As a first impulse, I would probably try to get the other person safe first =/

Back