• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Lugia

Soulweaver

a mirage
Years
  • 1) Buy a Pokémon XD and complete it. If you don't own a GameCube, go to a friend or buy one. Buy also a GBA-GC cable.
    2) Gameshark it.
    3) Gameshark or get somewhere the ticket that brings you to the island where Ho-Oh and Lugia reside.

Well, good luck to you.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • The legit way to get Lugia is to get the Mystery Gift and go to an event to get Lugia at an island called Navel Rock

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    There are 3 ways

1. Receive a ticket to Navel Rock, but you have to go to an Event
    2. Complete Pokemon XD and transer it
    3. Hack one

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
  • Oh, there is a fourth way...

4) Trade one from your friend if he has one. Try also stealing the cartridge if he refuses.

Just kidding.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    i ment thats what im going to try. (i don't have emerald but im going to get it
    Good luck with that, since no matter what you try, you can't trade from Second Generation to Third Generation. So even though you already have Lugia/Ho-Oh on your Gold version, it's stuck on there. You have to catch it all over again for the Third or Fourth Generation games.

To transfer over Lugia from XD, you need to have entered the Hall of Fame and receive the National Pokedex in Emerald. (Nothing special to receive that. Just have to defeat the Elite Four.) So you will be spending time with Emerald first before you have to worry about Lugia from XD.

The event to get the Rainbow Ticket was a one-time thing, and the items are nontransferable, so the only chance to get one is to hack it.

Or maybe perhaps you can find someone who is willing to do a trade/trade back with you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2008
    trade from GSC to FR then to emerald thats the only way i no

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
  • trade from GSC to FR then to emerald thats the only way i no

No. There is absolutely no linking possibility with GSC and any of the 3rd Gen games, no matter what you're saying. Fire Red and Leaf Green do not make any exception.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2008
    you can trade from normal red/blue/yellow to fire red i done it soo..

trade to red/blue/yellow form GSC then to FR LG then to RSE

it can be done

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
  • you can trade from normal red/blue/yellow to fire red i done it soo..

trade to red/blue/yellow form GSC then to FR LG then to RSE

it can be done

Then your games have to be hacked. If you use legal versions, it is not possible. End of story. I doubt someone'd have that kind of hacking skills, though.

Back