PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Advance Map Tutorial

+Sneasel™
November 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM
This will teach you how to use Advance map.

Open Advance map and open your rom (r/s/e or fr/lg)
(in this guide, I'm going to use Ruby)
Look to the left and you will see-By Header
By INI
Map Files

Double click By Header and you will see a list of numbers. Let's start with the first town, in r/s/e, Littleroot town.
To get there, double click 0 and then look for Littleroot town.
(in fr/lg, pallet town is located in the number 3)

You will then see Littleroot town.
Now, look right above the picture and you will see 5 bars

Map view, Movement permissions view, Events view, Wild Pokemon view, and Header view.
Right now we're in map view, which is what edits the maps. Look to the right in Mapview and you will see pictures of the things you can add to the game.
The thing as a whole is called the pallete and each picture is called a tile.

Find the big tree on the pallete and click on it (you may have to scroll down to find it). Click on it and place it anywhere in the map you would like.
You should relize that only a part of it shows up. The big tree is usually made up of 6 tiles. Just keep putting in different parts until it makes the whole tree.

Most are only 1 tile like plain grass, or flowers, and some house are made up of many, many tiles. That is why mapping can take a long time.

Now, click the bar movement permissions view and you will see the whole town covered in numbers/letters. And instead of the pallete, you will see numbers an letters. I know it looks very confusing, but it's actually not that hard.
What movement permissions view does is let you change what you can walk through and what you can't (e.g. - Can't walk through trees, can walk through grass.)
I'll tell you the most important ones.

1=not passable
C=passable
4=not passable unless you use surf
D=signpost
0=climbing ladders
If you don't know what number to put on a certain tile, look at other maps and copy what is on there.
Like the tips of trees count as a passable tile.
So, put 1 on the tree you put on the map except the tip of it.
Congratulations, you just edited the map! Now remeber, you can insert wayyyyyyyyyyy more than just a tree, so make your maps look good!

Now We'll talk about events:
Click the events view bar and you will either see people or wierd tiles that say things like S and W.
Well each of those weird tiles don't show up like that in the game.
The green S represents scripts
The orange S represents a sign
The purple W represents a warp
The light green P represents a person
The red F represent the flight position (where you land when you fly to that place).
Well since I don't script well at all, we will skip that part.
The orange S can be placed on any sign post and will say the message when you press A on it.
Wait..... What message?
Look on the bar to the right and you will see script offset with a $ and numbers.
You can change what it says in Advance text or script it, but once again, I can't script!
Each W you will find will either be on a door, a cave entrance, or stairs/ladders. They warp you to a certain place. Look at the one on your house. It says Map bank and map somewhere on those are the maps that on the left. Littleroot town is mapbank 0 map 9 (0.9). Click on the warp on your house and click follow warp. Then when inside, check the warp(s) at the doorway out. It will say Mapbank 0 map 9. Change it or move the warp around to change where you go.

Go to settings at the top of advance map (next to file) and select "show sprites"
You will see only sprites of people. You can change what they say in Advance text............or script it...I wish I could script *sob*
Each person has a list of things on the right. Sprite # changes the sprite, move type picks how that person moves, movement says how much steps he/she moves. To edit how much a trainer can see you from, change it's view range.
The flight position is as simple as moving it to where you want.
(Note... to make another warp on the map or a person or whatever you want, click one and look at the bottom of the list on the right. Change the numbers to the amount you want then press change events. You can't make another flight position. Then a pop up will come up that looks confusing. All you have to do is click the OK bar and another popup will come up saying
"five results found" Just click OK and double click the first set of numbers. then Click repoint. Go back and in the top left corner you will see what you want)

Next is wildpokemon view. This is the easiest of them all.
It's pretty much self explanatory. First off, if there is no wild pokemon in the area you wan't wild pokemon in, click the large button
Create New Wild Pokemon.
Check off where you wan't the pokemon to be (grass, water, fishing, etc...)
(If there already is pokemon in the area and you wan't to add water pokemon, click expand and do the same thing you did with adding a sprite).
The rest is really easy. Type tells you what pokemon go where (grass, water, etc...) Frequency index is the chances of running into a wild pokemon (the bigger the number, the bigger the chance of you running into a pokemon)

Then just add the pokemon you want, but make sure you fill in all the spaces. If you don't, missingno will appear. An easy way to fill it all in is the way the regular game does it. Look at route 1 and see that the same pokemon is listed twice or even three times just with a different level in the min/max.

Header view is the last part. Here you can change the name of the town, the music, the weather etc...

There is also a way to change the tile set. Take a look at the bottom of your pallete in Littleroot town. You will see a different bottom for every town. Go to Evergrand city and look at the bottom. It looks like the pokemon league doesn't it? To have that tileset, Check the header view of Evergrand city and look what the numbers are in "used tilesets"
Copy the numbers onto Littleroot town's "used tilesets" and go to the bottom of the pallete and there it is! some of the map may get messed up though, so do this before editing a map.

The map height and the map width are the size of the map. You can change it to as big or small as you like.

I hope this guide helped!
I also hope I can learn how to script soon...lol

Edit: Just thought i'd say this, i now can script very well :)!

cooley
November 27th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Offtopic: Scripting isn't hard. I learned in 2 days(GSC), and I learned in 1 month(Very advanced scripting for GBA).

Well, a mapping tutorial with no screens......:( This will be good for Noobs, very good. When you get 15 posts, you might want to post screens. ;)

D = Signpost
0 = Climbing ladders
14 = mountains(requires "0" for getting off)
F = sideways( \ )
|

axlefoley
November 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
D = Signpost
0 = Climbing ladders
14 = mountains(requires "0" for getting off)
F = sideways( \ )
|

What do you mean by that? Does that mean signposts have to be D? What are climbing ladders? why do mountains on all other maps I have seen use 1? What is sideways?

Dan13x
November 27th, 2007, 11:04 PM
What do you mean by that? Does that mean signposts have to be D? What are climbing ladders? why do mountains on all other maps I have seen use 1? What is sideways?

cooley IS right, D is a sign. I've seen 0 on stairs and some other parts of the map. With 14, you won't be able to pass it. But if you cross with a 0, you will be on a higher height. Finally, I never tried F before. But I should give it a try! :)

+Sneasel™
November 28th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I looked at some of the maps and cooley is right. I'll edit it but I don't know what you mean by sideways. I also don't know what you mean by 14 for a mountain and 0 to get off.

MegaPunch80
December 3rd, 2007, 07:10 AM
Hi!
I am MegaPunch80,
In Header View, the "Create New Name" is always cann't use. How I create a new map name?

EVIL DARK MEW
December 11th, 2007, 01:46 AM
it would be cool if someone could list all known movement permission squares
1,2,c,d etc with an explanation on how to use them .....

it would certainly benefit more then 10,000 scripting tutorials...
~just a thought~ :tired:

+Sneasel™
December 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I would do that but I have no clue what most of them mean.
I don't even think the game itself uses every movement permission.

loratus
January 25th, 2008, 09:39 AM
hey,

i got a problem with the program, it doesnt show the map border but strange things, like in my avater.

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
January 25th, 2008, 02:32 PM
The boader is in the top a four scrure (firkant)

loratus
January 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM
yeah i know where it is, but look at my avatar, at advance maps i made it look like black but in-game it looks like my avater, all kind of tiles, does someone know how to get rid of this?

greets loratus

ℜªℳ
January 26th, 2008, 04:07 PM
to the thread starter...
you have given information that seems helpful but what about when people need to open maps and they don't open like my emerald. In advance map 97% of the time(approximately) the map won't open and it will say file not specified(my map for mauville) than when I look in my game which was ok everything in mauville turns into all gray squares and the building and warps and roads, everything but ppl sprites are gone. can you help in any way???:\

+Sneasel™
January 26th, 2008, 05:58 PM
to the thread starter...
you have given information that seems helpful but what about when people need to open maps and they don't open like my emerald. In advance map 97% of the time(approximately) the map won't open and it will say file not specified(my map for mauville) than when I look in my game which was ok everything in mauville turns into all gray squares and the building and warps and roads, everything but ppl sprites are gone. can you help in any way???:\

All i can say is this: You have a bugged Emerald ROM

But, why did you hack emerald? Its the worst ROM to hack being incredibly unstable, i suggest FR/LG

ℜªℳ
January 26th, 2008, 06:39 PM
well it does have the most events and its the longest game in the r/s/e games along with the fact it has renewed crystal poke movement.

I am also doing a ruby hack because my emerald is as you say 'bugged'. If someone can tell me how to create a thread I can put up screenies and info on it.

+Sneasel™
January 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM
well it does have the most events and its the longest game in the r/s/e games along with the fact it has renewed crystal poke movement.

I am also doing a ruby hack because my emerald is as you say 'bugged'. If someone can tell me how to create a thread I can put up screenies and info on it.

???? You don't know how to create a thread? Go to the button new thread and press it, and for your hack, put it in the scrapbox.

Emerald may be the longest game, but its so unstable, its (almost) not even worth hacking.

cooley
January 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM
What I meant by Sideways is the houses that have a side top edge Like on most Triangle shaped houses.

I found out what everything was when A map got glitched and I looked into Movement permissions, ans It told me everything. Too bad I didn't bother to write it down.

3c = Going under a bridge
5 = (Look at Fuschia City)
10 = Height 3 [You use it in Caves or outsides, but mostly caves](EX. = You are the solid ground, that is height 2, You go up a stair, height 3) That is when you use 10 instead of 14.

CA_AB
January 31st, 2008, 03:54 PM
You know those ledges that you can't climb up but can jump down from on top? What do you mark them with in movement permission view?

+Sneasel™
January 31st, 2008, 03:59 PM
You know those ledges that you can't climb up but can jump down from on top? What do you mark them with in movement permission view?

1 should do it.
The jumping in the game happenes automatically.

CA_AB
January 31st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks, itman1234. We were having trouble with that.

Twinx
January 31st, 2008, 05:26 PM
How do you insert new maps?

I tried to insert a new map, it seems to work fine on advance map, but once you play the rom, the warp leads to a black screen.

Before you ask, yes the warps are correct, I'm sure, I've been having the same problem since forever...

CA_AB
February 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM
I tried putting 1 on the ledge but for som reason it only worked in some places when I tested it.

PlasticPokeball
February 2nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Umm..okay, I need to know a couple things.

1. How do you change where a map goes? For example, when you leave Pallet Town you go to Route 1, but how is this done? Can I change it so that a player can go from Pallet Town to somewhere like Celadon City? Warp?
2. How do you add more people/warps/signs to a map. In Pallet Town there are three people. How can I change that to six people, for example? Or 7 warps if only 3 are given?

+Sneasel™
February 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
Umm..okay, I need to know a couple things.

1. How do you change where a map goes? For example, when you leave Pallet Town you go to Route 1, but how is this done? Can I change it so that a player can go from Pallet Town to somewhere like Celadon City? Warp?
2. How do you add more people/warps/signs to a map. In Pallet Town there are three people. How can I change that to six people, for example? Or 7 warps if only 3 are given?

1. just make another warp, and fill in the map + bank.

2. go to events view, and select a person (or anything)
look on the right and on the bottom, it should say the numbers of what you have (person, script, etc...)
Change or lower the number to change it.

PlasticPokeball
February 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
2. go to events view, and select a person (or anything)
look on the right and on the bottom, it should say the numbers of what you have (person, script, etc...)
Change or lower the number to change it.

Yeah, I thought so, but I tried that. Every time I would change it, it would show a pop-up asking me for some kind of offset, and several offsets would be listed. I picked a few different ones and every time nothing would happen. Any advice on this?

Another thing. I think this is a real easy one, but because I'm already asking you, how do add maps? I know there's an insert map button. Do I make one, save it, open the ROM and import it back into the ROM so there's two?

Thanks for the help.

+Sneasel™
February 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I thought so, but I tried that. Every time I would change it, it would show a pop-up asking me for some kind of offset, and several offsets would be listed. I picked a few different ones and every time nothing would happen. Any advice on this?

Another thing. I think this is a real easy one, but because I'm already asking you, how do add maps? I know there's an insert map button. Do I make one, save it, open the ROM and import it back into the ROM so there's two?

Thanks for the help.

when that thing pops up, double click the first one, and then press ok (or whatever it says)

Then, go to the top left corner.
It should be there.

(if you don't see it, set it to no-show sprites.)

mistersmeargle
February 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
How do I alter battles? I'm hacking Ruby and I want to replace Groudon with Heatran.

+Sneasel™
February 4th, 2008, 12:24 PM
How do I alter battles? I'm hacking Ruby and I want to replace Groudon with Heatran.

Well, to change groudon to heatran, you'd have to use UNLZ gba, then edit its appearence in the wild pokemon view in advance map.

the almighty Zel fan
February 10th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I get what you mean, but every time I try to edit a pokemon, the original colors replace it XP!Like, lets say I'm editing PROF. OAK... if I select blue, the blue turns to purple when I put it on him.(cause of his purple shirt.)and umm....... I can't figure out how to edit scripts(the green S) in advance map.Like, lets say I wanted to make your rival battle you after you exit fuchsia city.(after beating the gym leader).so pliz tell me how!!!

+Sneasel™
February 10th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I get what you mean, but every time I try to edit a pokemon, the original colors replace it XP!Like, lets say I'm editing PROF. OAK... if I select blue, the blue turns to purple when I put it on him.(cause of his purple shirt.)and umm....... I can't figure out how to edit scripts(the green S) in advance map.Like, lets say I wanted to make your rival battle you after you exit fuchsia city.(after beating the gym leader).so pliz tell me how!!!

I can not answer how since this is an advance map tutorial.
There are many other tutorials that cover these questions.

Vegeta™
February 12th, 2008, 12:09 AM
most of the time i cant cant go inside a house that i made
i would just walk right thru it
So will you help me out please

Jack of Bl♠des
February 12th, 2008, 02:56 PM
most of the time i cant cant go inside a house that i made
i would just walk right thru it
So will you help me out please

Well, if you made the house from scratch, chances are that you need to add a Warp that will send you to a room inside the house.

mistersmeargle
February 13th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Me again, I'm hacking Fire Red and everytime I try to change the connections for Pallet Town this comes up:
I/O error 131.
Help anyone?

DeadlySplash
February 14th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Me again, I'm hacking Fire Red and everytime I try to change the connections for Pallet Town this comes up:
I/O error 131.
Help anyone?

I don't have that problem, I'm using the Japanese version tho'.
What language are you using? Maybe you should try other versions, AdvanceMap might not support some.
(because the hex will probably all be moved, with some words being longer in different languages and stuff)

mistersmeargle
February 14th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Well I'm using English, but it's OK, it's stopped.

akash
February 16th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Hey do we need a script to add a warp. Well, I put a house in my map n made another map for the house, then I put the warp and put the numbers i.e. map, bank etc. But then when I enter the house then the screen becomes black and nothing happens. Plz help. Another prob.. I downloaded a-map and i loaded pkmn ruby rom in it. Then when i loaded the pkmn Fire red rom all the towns and maps stayed just like it was in ruby. I closed a-map and loaded FR rom again but still i have the same prob.. Plz help. Thanks in advance.

Luck
February 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Akash you do not need a script to make a warp work.
Itman234 you forgot stuff like 3c 8 and a couple of others.
8 means a different height while 3C means you can cross under and over it like a wood bridge on R/S/E.
And noobs stop abusing itman234 for simple things like what does "0" mean and how do you edit tiles?

PokeManic77
February 19th, 2008, 01:08 AM
I can not load the rom to hack it i need help please.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

mschledy
February 19th, 2008, 01:30 PM
does anybody know where I can find something like this for a mac OS X?

Megiddo-san
February 19th, 2008, 06:20 PM
does anybody know where I can find something like this for a mac OS X? I believe that there currently isn't one for a mac. Virtual Chatot is working on one called Imap.

I can not load the rom to hack it i need help please.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Please be more specific.

Team Poison
February 23rd, 2008, 04:39 AM
In the new version of AdvanceMap how do you add extra flight positions for example I want to fly to Seafoam Island How do I do It, also I don't want to edit of delete any other flight positions.

wahwa
February 29th, 2008, 04:57 AM
In the new version of AdvanceMap how do you add extra flight positions for example I want to fly to Seafoam Island How do I do It, also I don't want to edit of delete any other flight positions.

You cannot add extra flight position.only 1 flight position per map.

+Sneasel™
February 29th, 2008, 02:20 PM

You can only move flight positions to other maps, but you can't create a new one.

ℜªℳ
February 29th, 2008, 04:50 PM
hey itman. I just downloaded a-map 1.9 and it looks awesome! problem is it still does the specified file not found and canvas doesn't allow drawing thing. I'm now using a stable fire red rom. I'm still having problems. It even says incorrect perimeter or something like that. Maybe you ca get me a link to a better rom you know? I'm just here to ask again how to avoid the problem or create warp posts like those when you step in gyms like that of the twins of r/s/e. The portal they have. How do you create those in a map like littleroot or pallet town where those aren't shown in the tileset that is seen in the right? thnx in advance and sorry for being a bother.

Qwerty-117
March 2nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
where can i download advance map?

wahwa
March 3rd, 2008, 02:18 AM
where can i download advance map?

You can find it at toolbox section.

Dark_Master
March 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I need help with somthing. i want to make a new biulding, but just making a new map puts it on your computer, not the rom. you can't move it, and if i use the option of making reserved space in a folder, and make the map through that it STILL saves in the map files. i know how to do all the warps and junk, and i already tried, you can't make a warp to somthing in the "map files" folder.

Dark_Master
March 15th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I need help with somthing. i want to make a new biulding, but just making a new map puts it on your computer, not the rom. you can't move it, and if i use the option of making reserved space in a folder, and make the map through that it STILL saves in the map files. i know how to do all the warps and junk, and i already tried, you can't make a warp to somthing in the "map files" folder.
i figured it out, so never mind

jayhova_l
March 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
For some reason, I edited a map and this keeps popping up, "AdvancedMapError(2): Can't read bytes behind end of file! Please contakt [email protected]" can anyone please help me???

hamzah123
April 16th, 2008, 01:14 PM
how do you put a warp in pokemon advance map

Tropical Sunlight
April 17th, 2008, 04:17 AM
AdvancedMapError(2): Can't read bytes behind end of file! Please contakt [email protected] ([email protected])

I have the same problem it crashed my game :(

cloudffvii2696
April 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Can somebody help me with scripts, changing the titlescreen picture and name of game, and
getting a pikachu to follow the main character sprite?

I'm attempting to make a remake of yellow version using a fire red rom

Jack of Bl♠des
April 28th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Can somebody help me with scripts, changing the titlescreen picture and name of game, and

This is an A-Map tutorial, not a scripting tutorial. Scripting, and everything you asked for can be found in Simple Questions or the Document/Tutorial forums. Also, unless you have the ability and patience to script every tile in the game, having Pikachu follow you is impossible.

NTA
April 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM

there are other tutorials about that

Beatenpollo
April 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
this may be a little off topic but im very desperate right now.
when i try to compile a script, the log thing pops with the message: file not found of user cancel
can anyone help me?
im sure i installed pokeScript and pkmadv correctly and now im lost

NTA
April 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
this may be a little off topic but im very desperate right now.
when i try to compile a script, the log thing pops with the message: file not found of user cancel
can anyone help me?
im sure i installed pokeScript and pkmadv correctly and now im lost

just pm me about it i dont have any thing else to do

duke daniel3
April 29th, 2008, 07:29 AM
it wont work for me but still you........................ROOOL

cloudffvii2696
April 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I don't know how to get events events to work(like when oak stops you from going to tall grass)
and when i add in a trainer, how do i edit what they say when they see you, what pokemon they have, how much money they give you, what they say when you beat them(still in battle screen) and what they say if you talk to them after battle.

Jack of Bl♠des
April 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I don't know how to get events events to work(like when oak stops you from going to tall grass)
and when i add in a trainer, how do i edit what they say when they see you, what pokemon they have, how much money they give you, what they say when you beat them(still in battle screen) and what they say if you talk to them after battle.

Well, in order to use an event tile, you'll have to make a script (which you can make with Pokescript). Scripts also can be used to edit what trainers can say, while PET can edit their pokemon (and I think money). Look in the toolbox thread for things such as those.

Gamidron
May 4th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Hello everubody I have a question and I hope you guys can help me:
I want to make a complete new Island on the map, but how do I do that? Because I can replace maps for new ones, but can't make new ones on different positions on the map.
Please help me

anyone who is (very) good with advancemap, or just knows a lot about it, PLZ send me a message, I need help and i've a lot of questions

Perfect_Palkia_10
May 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know how to put Fire Red tiles (Glitch Free) onto a Ruby rom. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

the almighty Zel fan
May 14th, 2008, 09:37 PM
pliz tell me u copied the bunny off of me! oh, god! thank u! never met someone who likes it before.

Aiedail
May 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Ok, I need a lot of help with advance map, and no tutorials I can find seem to have the answer. Almost every rom that I download doesn't even come up as a GBA rom file, and the picture for it looks like some text document. When I try to load these into advance map, about 20 error messages pop up saying that the basic things in the pokemon games could not be found, and then says to retry with a diferent rom. Only once did one actually show up as a GBA rom file, but error messages still popped up. When I loaded that rom, all of the tiles were blurry red and purple tiles and everything else said that it could not be found. I have unzipped all of them, and it says that the program is not a valid win.zip file almost every time. Help please.

kingrocker
May 23rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
How do you use the offsets for the map connections, without warping, I have tried everything to do this. It freezes when I try to go from route two to the first gym town I made, Which was made from sevii isle eight, using a firered rom

Please Reply to my message

ℜªℳ
May 24th, 2008, 06:11 AM
I'm having trouble with making my tiles work right. how do I make a tile invisible or transparent? not a sprite but a tile. sum1 help plz

ProtoAlex2006
May 26th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Very quick question.
How do I remove events?

Aiedail
May 27th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Ignore my very long question back there, for some reason I was trying to open an IPS file.

Also, when I create a new map, it has no wild pokemon data for it. Anyone know how to add wild pokemon data to it.

Very quick question.
How do I remove events?

You go to the events section and click on the event you want to delete. On the very right there should be something that says "delete event". Click on that

??????????
May 28th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Can someone help me? Whenever I use A-Text and I have to re point, I do, and when I play the hacked ROM, the lines run over each other where I had to re point. And when I add text to a new sprite on A-Map, when I play the ROM, ALL the lines run over each other. HELP!

Aiedail
May 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
When I make a new map, it doesn't show up anywhere on advance map the second time I open it. Does anyone know why.

smballer23
June 4th, 2008, 07:58 PM
this may be a VERY newbie question, but how do u delete and add events on advance map? i know about scripting but how do i take out events i dont want?

pretzel233
June 6th, 2008, 02:36 AM
when i click to change script... something like that ... it says no script editor defined. what does that mean? how to get an editor?????????????????????????????????????????????????

The-Fox
June 6th, 2008, 02:48 AM
this may be a VERY newbie question, but how do u delete and add events on advance map? i know about scripting but how do i take out events i dont want?

I would also be interested in hearing the answer to this question...?

mattattack
June 6th, 2008, 10:02 PM
yeah I got a question for block editor on advance map: how do you replace tiles of tiles you have?

Milnivri
June 7th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Can someone help me? Whenever I use A-Text and I have to re point, I do, and when I play the hacked ROM, the lines run over each other where I had to re point. And when I add text to a new sprite on A-Map, when I play the ROM, ALL the lines run over each other. HELP!

When you put in the text, make sure to put \n to represent a new line, and \p to represent a new box. So you have to make sure the number of characters on a line fits (as well as with boxes).

For example:

Technology is incredible!\pYou can now store and recall items\nand POKéMON as data via PC.

Or something like that. (that was taken from the guy outside Oak's lab)

And also make sure that the byte space is not taken up when you make the text for the new sprite. You can use Free Space Finder to find an offset to insert the text. (Maybe I'm wrong, I don't use Advance Text, but XSE)

when i click to change script... something like that ... it says no script editor defined. what does that mean? how to get an editor?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Go to Settings > Choose script editor. Then browse to the exe file of the script editor.

Very quick question.
How do I remove events?

Click the Events tab, then under Amount of Events, change the number of a certain kind of event you want. Then click Change Events.

If you decrease any number, it will automatically delete those events which have a higher ID than the value in the thing. You can change their ID at the top of the right pane (just under the Combobox where you can select the type of event). So if you want to delete an event which has a smaller ID number than an event you want to keep, just change both of their ID numbers.

If you increase the number, events will automatically appear at the top left hand corner of the screen.

v1tje
June 7th, 2008, 04:47 AM
How can i save a map. It best if i make a newe map and i saved it is removed. How can i save the map only.

DracoKnight
June 7th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Great job itman1234!!!!!! u did exellent!!! this really helped me!!!!

dragonfyre173
June 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Please help me (Don't worry, it's about AdvanceMap)
I have a couple probs:

1) Even though I selected English, the few menus are German
2) Most of the menus say stuff like [11 Menue].
3) I don't even know what I'm doing because there is no meaningful text that I understand. Every dropdown menu is like [112 Menue] and so on.
Please, how do I fix this?

v1tje
June 8th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Hello i'm a newb at this. But i want make a new floor on the lab how can i make it? Is there a tut or what?

twi1ight
June 9th, 2008, 06:14 AM
do you know how to make the border block bigger?

I have a couple probs:

3) I don't even know what I'm doing because there is no meaningful text that I understand. Every dropdown menu is like [112 Menue] and so on.

most of the time I just use the "from header" folder (this helps with warps) and I don't think there is a way to fix it unless some one makes an ini file.

Darthatron
June 9th, 2008, 06:35 AM
do you know how to make the border block bigger?
Goto "Professional Header View" and change the "Block Border Size" Data. :P It's not too hard if you look hard enough. :)

twi1ight
June 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Goto "Professional Header View" and change the "Block Border Size" Data. :P It's not too hard if you look hard enough. :)
thanks this will really help

Lord_Sesshoumaru
June 14th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Well, I know that that the A-Map has the World map Editor, now the question is, how can I change the appearance of the World map.......?

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
June 26th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I made a warp, but whenever I use it ingame, this message pops up:

Unsuppoted BIOS function c7 called from 020023fc. A BIOS file is
needed in order to get correct behaviour.

score_under
June 26th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I made a warp, but whenever I use it ingame, this message pops up:

Unsuppoted BIOS function c7 called from 020023fc. A BIOS file is
needed in order to get correct behaviour.
I think you need to touch up on your warping skills - VBA is executing some meaningless code somewhere and it's because of a badly-made warp (I'm guessing).

yomamathecableguy
June 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
hey everyone. i've been thinking about starting an emerald hack, so i started messing around with advance map. i wrote a few scripts, a couple mart scripts, etc., and inserted them. then i started messing with the map because i figured "well, it's not going to go too well if i just change what happens. i've got to change the look of it too." so i changed the home town around a lot, and i saved it, and it looks great when you're in the town, but when i go out to the first route, go out a few steps, and come back, it's all glitchy. any idea why this is happening??

Megiddo-san
June 26th, 2008, 04:36 PM
It must be the tileset you used for the town. Make the tileset of the route the same as the town and it should be fine.

yomamathecableguy
June 27th, 2008, 05:04 AM
ooohhhh i see. thanks lots

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
June 27th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I think you need to touch up on your warping skills - VBA is executing some meaningless code somewhere and it's because of a badly-made warp (I'm guessing).
no way. I have made dozens of warps, and about 10 are working on this particular map. I changed the warp location, worked fine. So I have no idea what the problem is.

Mutachu101
June 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Question!

I have the new version of "Adavnce Map" and I was playing around with the "wild pokemon view" When I play Fire Red I get the same type of pokemon over and over again and not the ones I've chosen along with that type. What's going on? Is it the rom that I'm using or.......What else?

P0tat0eboy
June 30th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Hello,

I was just making my own little hack for my Leaf Green, and so I made a new map, easy. I made the warps, works perfectly. So I had put legendary pokemon in my new map, works fine.

I TRIED to hide Master Balls, Rare Candies and Nuggets... Did not work as well.
Any help would be appreciated =)

Tropical Sunlight
June 30th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Hello,

I was just making my own little hack for my Leaf Green, and so I made a new map, easy. I made the warps, works perfectly. So I had put legendary pokemon in my new map, works fine.

If you want them invisible: Create a signpost and then select 'Hidden Item'. Now you just have to choose Master Balls, Nuggets and Rare Candies :)

If you want them to be inside Pokeballs, script of copy an offset from somewhere else :)

P0tat0eboy
July 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
If you want them invisible: Create a signpost and then select 'Hidden Item'. Now you just have to choose Master Balls, Nuggets and Rare Candies

Sorry for the late reply, I had to change computers and file transferring was slow.

Alright,

So I create a new Signpost, click on the item I want, and thats it ? I don't have to fill in the Talking Level, Unknown: , Hidden ID and Amount ? Or do I leave it to zero's ?

What if I would like to be able to pick the item up more than once ? Like, when I pick up the item, it would re-appear, forever ? Would it be possible ?

I appreciate all the help I get,

Thanks, =)

Greyson
July 8th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hi!
I've been having some problems with advance map.
its a really good program, only when I create new maps and insert them, it doesnt ask for an offset.
This is making it where every map I make is named PALLET TOWN.
When I try to change the name, it changes every other map with the name PALLET TOWN also. I have tried changing the hacked maps alone, the true PALLET TOWN alone, the hacked ones alone with all other folders closed and pallet town with all other folders closed. I've searched for free space, but it doesnt insert an offset. It may seem like a very minor problem, but it is esseintial for me to rename them because it is a very MAJOR part of my game. If anyone could help I would truly appreciate it.

heatransoul
July 9th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Here are some of the Movement Permissions I know:
0=Door, ANY Staircase
1=Cannot Walk Through
1C= 2nd Level of Mountain
1D=2nd level of mountain thet CANNOT be traversed through.
4=Cannot walk through without surf
5=Rock/obstacle at sea (replaces 1)
10=Bridge
14=1st Level of Mountain
24=3rd Level of Mountain
25=3rd Level of mountain that CANNOT be traversed through
C=Can Walk Through
D=Sign

n1cky
July 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
im also very internested in a way to change the name of the new maps i have created

hope someone can help with this.

ice_nine
July 11th, 2008, 12:29 PM
im also very internested in a way to change the name of the new maps i have created

hope someone can help with this.

Don't you just go to the header and change the map name in the "New Name" space?

Greyson
July 11th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Don't you just go to the header and change the map name in the "New Name" space?
I tried that , It changes every other map with the same name, which now is six names on my A-map.
EDIT: They are the ones that I made that have the same name, and pallet town

robie392
July 11th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Thankz for the guide it helped me remember a lot of things about advance map that i forgot when I fell asleep one day (I'm not joking)!

jamieboy30
July 12th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Nice guide, except i still have a problem...I have the starting town, then you walk down and go to a beach, I want them BOTH to connect to a route to the left, so I went on connections, but when i connect them all up, they get all messed up and misaligned in the game.

If you can help it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

invertedvertigo
July 14th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Ive kinda just picked up the advanced map a few days ago and ive figured out inserting /creating maps and how to "connect" a map but i have a little problem i have no clue how to fix. Whenever I create a map in advanced map and insert it to any map it is always added to the PALLET TOWN header on the left bar. I've only had a problem now when i was editing route 4 and connected a route above it (which I want to call ROUTE 26) whenever my character will walk through the threshold from rt 4 to rt 26 the little sign that pops up reads PALLET TOWN...I want that to read rt 26 but whenever I change it, it changes all the maps ive made to be RT 26 and also changes the PALLET TOWN maps to RT 26. Whenever I make a new make it automatically adds to this header and I dont know how to add new ones so that each map can have a different header.....It's confusing for me to explain as im new to this. I think I might be having the same problem as greyson. (also the create new name button is grayed out)

andy63
July 18th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hi all! I am new here and i got Advance map for my Fire Red ROM. But i have a problem. When i am going to pallet town(original size and everything)that i have modified some i get trapped. I go from route 1 too pallet, and then i walk into some house and then when i want to go back to route 1 i am trapped and se tilesets and stuff and cant get out. I saw somewhere i need too get the warps right but they are that now. so what should i do now? :S Thanks for help :)

robny12
July 22nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
sooo poketscript is da same as advance map? like what the numbers represent in advance map do they represent the same thing in poketscript? oh yea and what do you choose in poketscript to add a script to the rom? ,encode,decode,database,source decode? tell me what each thing does plz i aint no noob i understand everything in advance map warps and all but jus poketscript

Bishopk
July 29th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Let's see if I can answer these questions.
I have a couple probs:

Settings > Languages > English
I've had to do this every time I restarted A-Map.

Hello,

If you want them invisible: Create a signpost and then select 'Hidden Item'. Now you just have to choose Master Balls, Nuggets and Rare Candies :)

If you want them to be inside Pokeballs, script of copy an offset from somewhere else :)
Inside Pokéballs:
Create a person event, and use sprite 92 as the image of the Pokéball. Make the event so it will give you the item.

Sorry, I can't really help with any of the other questions.

alexk1995
July 30th, 2008, 09:37 AM
i think it would help to put screenies

Tom1057
August 2nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
this is off topic but i cant find the answer anywere when i go on events then choose a sprite and go on open script it says no script editor defined but i have advanced text what should i do

Iken
August 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Well quick question.

-Is there an undo button or hotkey? i'm getting a bit frusterated -_-"

please an thankyou ^^

Bishopk
August 7th, 2008, 05:11 PM
this is off topic but i cant find the answer anywere when i go on events then choose a sprite and go on open script it says no script editor defined but i have advanced text what should i do

In Settings, click Choose Script Editor and select your script editor. Advance Text is not a script editor, it only changes the words trainers say.
For a script editor, I would suggest PKSV (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116370)

Well quick question.

-Is there an undo button or hotkey? i'm getting a bit frusterated -_-"

please an thankyou ^^

No :( You just need to be careful with the mapping. Ctrl-Z goes to the events tab, for some reason.

TitanT30
August 8th, 2008, 12:18 PM
How come when I try to do warps I can go into the house, but when I come out it takes me out to the middle of the city, not outside of the entrance of the same house. Also sometimes it won't let me come out. How do I fix that?

Bishopk
August 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
How come when I try to do warps I can go into the house, but when I come out it takes me out to the middle of the city, not outside of the entrance of the same house. Also sometimes it won't let me come out. How do I fix that?

Make sure the warp you're linking to is:
a) the right warp. You can select which warp to go to, it will be numbered.
b) in the right place. Move it, if necessary.

V.L.
August 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I'm trying to add an event, and I can't. :S I've done it before, so I don't know why I can't now. Any suggestions?

litium
August 21st, 2008, 09:37 AM
Does anyone knows how to insert new names on Advanced Map, or any other way to insert new names?.

fleek
August 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM
Does anyone knows how to insert new names on Advanced Map, or any other way to insert new names?.

If you mean, change map names, I can help.

Go to HEADER, and then you'll see the name of the town/route/city at the top. Simply delete, and retype the name you want above the "Change Name" Button, and it will be renamed.

FlameShocker
September 8th, 2008, 03:11 PM
...how map connections work (actually, I just need to know how offsets work with map connections)? If you have an answer, please send me a PM.

Pokemon Professor
September 20th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Ok, I have a problem with renaming maps.

This is my problem:

I am using Fire Red. The ROM is completely compatible with all the hacking software. It works great in Advance Map. But, when I make a new bank, the maps take on other names.
That is, I was editing the Indigo Plateau map last. I save it and then go and make a new bank. Any new maps I make in it will then have the name Indigo Plateau.
If I change that in the header, though, it changes the name of the main Indigo Plateau as well - they're somehow connected. Is there a way to seperate them so I can have different names or at least give them different names?

knook
September 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Everytime I try to add a scipt (I'm using Trainer Editor to make the scripts) It says "No script editor defined"

ANARCHit3cht
September 21st, 2008, 03:04 PM
I need help Inserting New Maps... Everytime i Try to insert one it Links itself to Little Root... i dont want it linked to that... How do i change that?

Pokemon Professor
September 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Lostt, I have the same problem. It seems to link to the previous map you were in. You can remoe all linked warps and scripts etc. but changing the name changes both so they're still in some way linked.

Everytime I try to add a scipt (I'm using Trainer Editor to make the scripts) It says "No script editor defined"

You need to set your default script editor for AdvancedMap first. I recommend using Pokéscript as that is the best editor but since you use Notepad for that, you don't need to script edit in AdvancedMap. However, it's good to check your scripts still and you can change some existing ones so what you probably want is eXtreme Script Editor. Download it from Whack a Hack (google that if you're unsure of the website). Just go to Settings>Choose Script Editor in AdvancedMap, locate eXtreme Script Editor and you're done. If you want to use Trainer Editor, that's fine. Just do the same but choose Trainer Editor.

Now, for Pokéscript, you should be able to find a download somewhere on the Pokecommunity forums. If not, tell me and I'll send you a download link. Everyone complains about Version 1.2 but it works fine. You just need to save your notepad edited script in your "scripts" folder in your Pokescript folder (which is usually C:\Pokewitch but not necessarily. If the scripts folder doesn't exist, create one).

Hope this helps!

duturnocheese
October 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Ok, when I go to delete then save the connections to each map I get an Error:
"I/O error 131"
If anyone would be able to help I would greatly appreciate it.

Pokemon Professor
October 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Well, I'm not exactly sure but deleting and re-downloading (I suggest from Whack-a-Hack) AdvanceMap should fix your problem.

Korronensu
November 20th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Okay. I'm new to this whole thing, but I grew accustomed to Advance Map very quickly. There are three things that I can't get to work, though.

First, I cannot rename maps properly. I use the designated function in the header, and it does rename the map, but afterwards, the map is un-editable, and pretends not to exist as a map anymore. Specific help would be very appreciated.

Second, though I understand warps quite clearly now, I cannot get any warps to maps I inserted to work. I've been hammering at this problem for a day now, and would love if someone could tell me exactly how to get 100% original maps to work properly.

Lastly, I don't understand how to use the Person ID for Person Events. When trying to create new person events, I'm prone to copy-pasting the scripts, which seems to work, except for one thing... all of them become looping events. Example: In Veridian forest, I duplicated the person event that makes the pokeball with the antidote inside to the right side of the forest. Both existed, but the clone reappeared inifinitely if you just walked one step away from it. I want it to be a one-time event like the antidote it was cloned from, but it won't. Also, I can't get rock-smashable rocks to work. Any helps would be very appreicaited.

Thank you in advance.

Pokemon Professor
November 20th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Okay. I'm new to this whole thing, but I grew accustomed to Advance Map very quickly. There are three things that I can't get to work, though.

1) First, I cannot rename maps properly. I use the designated function in the header, and it does rename the map, but afterwards, the map is un-editable, and pretends not to exist as a map anymore. Specific help would be very appreciated.

2) Second, though I understand warps quite clearly now, I cannot get any warps to maps I inserted to work. I've been hammering at this problem for a day now, and would love if someone could tell me exactly how to get 100% original maps to work properly.

3) Lastly, I don't understand how to use the Person ID for Person Events. When trying to create new person events, I'm prone to copy-pasting the scripts, which seems to work, except for one thing... all of them become looping events. Example: In Veridian forest, I duplicated the person event that makes the pokeball with the antidote inside to the right side of the forest. Both existed, but the clone reappeared inifinitely if you just walked one step away from it. I want it to be a one-time event like the antidote it was cloned from, but it won't. Also, I can't get rock-smashable rocks to work. Any helps would be very appreicaited.

Thank you in advance.

Okay dude, I'm not fantastic with AM but let's see if I can help you.

For the sake of it, I've numbered your entries so I can refer to them easily. I'm not very good with 3 (but I'll do some research and test things - I learn quickly so I should be able to help you there) but #2 is easy yet I know what you mean - it's tricky to start.

1) When you change the name, make sure to change the name on the left hand side but also select in the drop down box YOUR MAP. If you have cloned a map to start a new one, possibly that it branches off, you need to select that new map (make sure that you are working on the new map so it's in the right map bank to select it). I just answered my own question as I had problems with this and have just worked it out. Hopefully this is helpful.

2) Okay, so this is pretty simple. What you want to do is for each new warp you want in a map, click the up arrow on Number of Warps. Click Change events. Your new warp(s) will appear in the top left corner so drag them to where you want them (when you touch them, you warp).

Next off, you need to set where they go to. Let's get an example in here. Say I'm editing Fire Red and I want a warp from Indigo Plateau to Pallet Town. Now, I am warping from outside the Indigo Plateau Pokemon Center to outside my house in Pallet Town. You'll need to create a warp in both places, unless you don't want to warp back (in which case, you'd send the one from Indigo Plateau to an already existing warp in Pallet Town which would not take you back to Indigo Plateau because it's linked to something else).

What you do is, next to the maps you're warping to and from, you'll see a number in brackets in the format (x.x) and that's what you need. The first number is the map bank and the second number is the map. So Indigo Plateau for me is (3.9) and Pallet Town is (3.0). From the Indigo Plateau warp, I change Map Bank to 3 and leave Map on 0. Now you need to select which warp you are going to in Pallet Town. Switch to that map (saving changes - it should prompt you to do so) and find the warp you want it to link to. Do the same if it's a new one as what you're doing for the first one (in this example, Indigo Plateau). Once you've clicked on the warp, you'll see right at the top that it says Warp (for the event) and No:. No: is the number warp it is. Remember that, go back to your first warp and change To warp no to that number.

Now, this is the trickiest and stupidest part. Unless you edit code, sprites play a HUGE part in this. You have to use door sprites for the warp to work. So, start editing the map and use a door sprite, a cave door sprite or whatever. Check that it works and if it doesn't, get a better sprite. Obviously this is limited but if you can get into Pokescript, you may be able to do a lot more.

3) Ouch. I've got this one pretty easy but I can tell you now, this is quite complicated. I hope you're ready to do some downloading and careful editing. Before you start, BACK UP YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY. If you stuff this up, you'll need to restore it to it's previous state or start again (I learnt the hard way - you should back up after every edit you do and write to the ROM and save EACH one. Don't overwrite your back-up each time).

Okay, you're going to need a few things. First of all, if you don't have it already, get eXtreme Script Editor. You can find it on Whack-a-Hack I believe but if you can't, go to pkmnhackersonline and their Tools section. I'm not going to paste the full URL so just Google it (they don't allow URLs, even for helping here.... Stupid).

Now, in Advanced Map, go to Settings>Choose Script Editor and XSE. Make your new person event - upping the number and clicking Change events.

Next, you'll need to download and install Pokescript. Go to pokehacks.dabomstew (not full URL again - just Google but it's pretty obvious what the ending of the URL is) and to their Downloads section. Get Pokescript there. Let it install to it's default. Find the default and I recommend copying the folder where it is installed and pasting a shortcut to it in your hack folder. Now, head on over to http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91510&page=5 to get a tutorial on how to use Pokescript. Generally, you're looking at Giveitem Scripts which is used in the beginning tutorial to explain how it's done. at the moment however it doesn't hurt to read from beginning to end and isn't really that hard.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81691&page=3 is the original page where IrishWitch (the creator of Pokescript) explains the whole lot and how to add it to a ROM.

Follow the instructions there in part 1. You really just want to look at 1.3 and 1.4 if you've looked at the other tutorial but the again, this is possibly a better tutorial all up. Simple stuff, really but it takes a few attempts to get it right hence why it's quite hard to start.

The reason I mentioned XSE is because you can use it later to open your scripts in Advanced Map and edit them so for example, if you have written a potion script into Advanced Map, you can select that event and open it's script. It'd open with XSE and then you can play around with it. For example, you could change the item from a Potion to a Super Potion by changing it's value. It may not be available any more so have a look around but in IrishWitch's thread that I linked you to above, there is a list of all the codes for different items etc.

Hope this helps.

Korronensu
November 20th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks much. You answered questoin 1 perfectly, though you told me in #2 that which I already knew. It's just not working for maps I made myself. For now, I've tied my warps to the different Chambers of the Tanoby ruins to act as rooms for me, and edited those, but there are a limited number of those before I run out and HAVE to make new rooms. Knowing how to get new rooms recognized as part of the game is what is messing me up, I think.

Anyways, Thank you so much for your in-depth response. I shall await the answer to the third, though I am currently still hammering away at the problem myself.

Okay, you're going to need a few things. First of all, if you don't have it already, get eXtreme Script Editor.
Next, you'll need to download and install Pokescript.

I use PKSVUI... It's the only one I've tried that doesn't fry my brain when I look at it. Do you know how to do it with this?

Pokemon Professor
November 24th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks much. You answered questoin 1 perfectly, though you told me in #2 that which I already knew. It's just not working for maps I made myself. For now, I've tied my warps to the different Chambers of the Tanoby ruins to act as rooms for me, and edited those, but there are a limited number of those before I run out and HAVE to make new rooms. Knowing how to get new rooms recognized as part of the game is what is messing me up, I think.

Anyways, Thank you so much for your in-depth response. I shall await the answer to the third, though I am currently still hammering away at the problem myself.

I use PKSVUI... It's the only one I've tried that doesn't fry my brain when I look at it. Do you know how to do it with this?

No I don't but Pokéscript is actually really good to use so I recommend using it. Plenty of tutorials on it. I have to say though, #2, I explained everything. It works for me. It could be the fact that you're not using door sprites/tiles but I could be wrong.

I don't know if you've got #1 nailed because I'm still having trouble making new maps that aren't linked to previous maps because I can only select one of the pre-made maps in the left drop-down box and changing the name changes the name of that map name. I'm going crazy just trying to make brand new, completely blank and unlinked maps and I don't know how to delete maps or import them either. Wow. Maybe you could help me with that? Hahaha, it's crazy. I can't find any straight-up tutorials on it though...

Aljam
November 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM
im pretty good at mapping but when i make connections and change tilesets then actually test the game and test the connection, i get weird bars when i go to the different map and when i go back, the original events from fr apear and im like wtf. also when i make a new cave i can warp in, but when i try to go out i can't . could ya help?

Pokemon Professor
November 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
im pretty good at mapping but when i make connections and change tilesets then actually test the game and test the connection, i get weird bars when i go to the different map and when i go back, the original events from fr apear and im like wtf. also when i make a new cave i can warp in, but when i try to go out i can't . could ya help?

The first thing... Yea, it's confusing. You should be able to just delete events though. Perhaps uncompiling the event's scripts in a script editor first such as XSE would help.

So far, with connections, only one of my maps has had a funny-looking tile when I move between two but when I come to the map with the funny tile from the other side that is connected, it is normal. Oh and I figured out creating maps. As far as I know, there is no way to make new map slots - you have to make a new map over top of an old one. I found that there are also lots of maps in there that aren't used. There's SEVII ISLAND maps #6-9 in Fire Red that aren't those actual maps - just tests or something that seem to have been left in. Also, when you create a new map and rename it, you need to select the drop-down box next to the name, choose the name of the map you're overwriting and then change the name. Else connections won't work properly. You have to save the map and then change the name though or you'll try changing the map and it'll ask you to save, then you go back in, change the name again and it works.

Confusing stuff.

The cave thing... Man, I have the same problem. I've even looked at other caves and copied how they work and my warp will not tale me back outside! I'm gonna try something else again later but... What a pain.

pokemon hacker id
December 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Quick question how do you delete maps them self

like say I want to get rid of veridian city

HackingSkillz101
December 9th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I have made new maps and i have seen no tutorials over my problem,
and the only place that mentioned it. The part where the maps names link together
and if you change the name, another maps name is also changed!
I would highly appriciate it if someone found the solution to this
annoying problem. Also, does any1 know how to delete new custom maps?

jadek061
January 3rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
i wnt 2 change the player sprite for in the Truck and litleroot but it just comes up with a new sprite and when u try 2 talk to it the game freezes plz help

can some one tell me if there is a DS version of Advance Map out that i can download

LightBender
January 11th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I need help creating a new map from scratch as a new dungeon add-on for navel rock...but every time i insert the map, it goes to the Pallet Town folder in the header!
I want to change the name without changing Pallet Town's name...how do i do that?!?

Goutye
January 14th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Hello, I would like to know if it was possible to add palettes to the tileset (to have more than 12 of it)?
I speak frensh ^^ and my english is bad... ;)
Thanks!

Tropical Sunlight
January 14th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hello, I would like to know if it was possible to add palettes to the tileset (to have more than 12 of it)?
I speak frensh ^^ and my english is bad... ;)
Thanks!
Nope, but if you canculate, 12x12 is A LOT (144, if I can still calculate) so... It's hard to fill all those colors, why inserting more?

diegoisawesome
March 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I need help creating a new map from scratch as a new dungeon add-on for navel rock...but every time i insert the map, it goes to the Pallet Town folder in the header!
I want to change the name without changing Pallet Town's name...how do i do that?!?
In the header view, select a new name from the drop-down box. Then save and reload the ROM. Go to the name you saved it under and change the name from there.

diegoisawesome
March 13th, 2009, 10:53 AM
For some reason, whenever I do somethings, a random I/O Error 32 pops up. When I try to exit out after getting that error, I get an I/O Error 103. I have to go into Task Manager, find the AdvanceMap.exe program in the processes, and close the program from there. Any help would be appreciated.

jonnO'brien
March 13th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Here's what i need help with,
I want to know how to add new tilesets into my Pokemon ruby Rom.
I go to block editor then i get lost,
And when someone sends me some tiles, I dont know what to do, can anyone help? D:

shippokirara
March 13th, 2009, 06:11 PM
i dont kno if this was answerd already, but i am trying to install legendary events into a map i made (I.E. deoxys) in my fire red game. how do i do this and if i need certian numbers what are they. i need them for all legendarys including events from ruby and sapphire if possible (i want to be able to have the event battle with groudon and kyoger if possible)

nofamenogame
March 22nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
can someone please answer this

say if someone posted a cool looking tile and it was in a attactchment and i downloaded it
how do i put it in advance map

kaspey
March 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Help does anyone know how to make a script event
please I dont get the var number and the var value :((

Live Update King
March 24th, 2009, 08:02 AM
The header view in firered looks weird

Arcobaleno
March 29th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Yea, I'm having the same problem with adding a new map.

onyx79
April 1st, 2009, 10:20 PM
At the wild pokemon's there is grass fishing water and tree,what tree means?

Sophidius
April 22nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
What do I do if there is no big "create Pokemon" button? I haven't inserted the maps yet (maybe it helps)

At the wild pokemon's there is grass fishing water and tree,what tree means?

It's a headbutt tree, but it's only in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald