• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Topaz

RotomVolt

Ghost Static
Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    Pokémon Topaz
    written by RotomVolt

Prolouge

The anticipation of a new Pokemon Journey is quite exciting especially for a young boy named Maxmillion, but Max for short. Max along with friends will set off on a long and dangerous journey aiming to become the best in the world. On their journey they will encounter evil syndicates, legendary Pokemon, and much more. In Pokemon Topaz you shall read of his journey through Sinnoh, Hoenn, Kanto, etc. I got my inspiration to write this story from many others such as family, friends, anime, etc. Comments and suggestions are welcome so please enjoy reading Pokemon Topaz!

Part 01 - Sinnoh
    Chapter 01 - The Breeze of a New Journey

A young soon-to-be trainer rested on his small mattress in his mess of a room. Clothes thrown on the floor, an odor could be smelt, and all of his materials out on the floor making a small pile. This messy room belongs to Max, a young boy hoping to become a trainer. At first he couldn't sleep during the night but then he slowly fell asleep. He was excited to finnally start a Pokemon Journey like his older brother Bryan has. Ever since Bryan had started his journey Max only waited and waited for the day he would become a trainer...

A ringing sound could be heard near Max, it was his alarm clock. Max heard the noise and streched his left arm out trying to turn off the alarm clock. It wouldn't turn off so he knocked it off onto the floor. It still wouldn't stop so he decided to get out of bed. Grunting, he took the clock and took out it's batteries. The ringing noise stopped as he threw the clock back onto his messy carpet floor. He rubbed his eyes reaching out towards the door knob. Max opened it and saw his mother standing in the way.

"I was going to tell you to get ready but it seems like you need to clean your room." she said looking around at the mess.

"Mom, I clean it when I get back." he said still rubbing his eyes.

"When will that be? Bryan still hasn't come back and he's been gone for two years!"

Max groaned stomping his foot. "But Mooommm!"

"No buts, your not going to Prof. Rowan's till this room is spotless." she said walking away with her arms crossed.

Max groaned again closing his wooden door. He wasn't going to wait so he put on a short-sleeved red shirt with a Pokeball symbol on it, navy blue jeans, white and black "TB" shoes, and a wristband on it hand with a red one on his left hand and a white one on his right hand. Max has long, light brown hair and blue eyes. He took a small green bag and held it with his right hand. Slowly opening the window he jumped out and landed onto the grass. Looking both ways, Max took off running towards Route 201.

A soft wind could be felt with Max running as fast as he could. He ran and ran till he came up to a sign. The text said "Route 201"Max knew that Route 201 was close to Sandgem Town where Prof. Rowan resides so he took off once again. As Max ran and ran he became more tired as time passed by. He looked up ahead and only saw more of the Route.

"Whew! I need to take a breather." Max said punting. He layed his back onto a tall tree. As he rested his body onto it a Wild Starly watched his every move in the tree he was laying on. The Starly started to become frustrated that someone was near it's nest so it flew down towards Max. Max looked up at the sky to see a charging starly heading towards him.

"Whoa!" he yelled jumping out of the way. The Starly shifted directions and flew towards him at a faster rate. "Ahh!!"

"Piplup, Ice Beam!"

A stranger stood before him as a Piplup hopped forward launching an Ice Beam.

"Star-Starlllyyy!"

The Wild Pokemon was frozen in a block of ice. Max opened his eyes and touched the structure of ice. He looked up at the man dressed in a white hoodie, light blue jeans, black shoes that said "Power House". He had coal black hair and light blue eyes. His Piplup jumped back to him and crossed it's arms.

"Let me guess, you were on your way to get a Pokemon when you were attacked by a Starly?" the man said not looking back.

"Ummmm.... yeah, how did you.."

"That's not important right now, just go now! Sandgem is close by so go."

Max nodded his head, grabbed his bag, and took off running once again. The man with Piplup was Fondo. He is Prof. Rowan's Assitant and a trainer. Fondo watched as Max dissapeared out of sight. He sighed and walked with his Piplup by his side back to Sandgem Town.

Meanwhile Max saw the entrance of Sandgem. He was reliefed so he ran quicker and quicker with the sun glowing brightly in the sky.

"There it is! Sandgem Town... whew.." Max said rubbing his head. As he entered the town he accidentally ran into a girl about his height. The girl dropped looked at Max with an angry look holding up her fist.

"What's the big idea? What's your problem?!!" she yelled.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I was just excited to get my Pokemon from Prof. Rowan."

The girl's face turned into a curious look.

"Oh, really? That's good news, Prof. Rowan will be delighted! Here follow me." she said taking Max's hand.

"By the way I'm Yuru and your..."

"I'm Maxmillion, but Max for short."

Yuru smiled as the duo ran towards Prof. Rowan's laboratory. What suprises await them? Read the next Chapter to find out!

Last edited:

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Better than most fics of this type, but still some flaws. It seems to be following the game plot a bit closely, but I'm sure you can turn that around with some plot twists. There's also some grammar errors but I'll let someone else get into that. Good luck and keep it up.

RotomVolt

Ghost Static
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    Better than most fics of this type, but still some flaws. It seems to be following the game plot a bit closely, but I'm sure you can turn that around with some plot twists. There's also some grammar errors but I'll let someone else get into that. Good luck and keep it up.
    I know it kinda seems like that but there'll be plot changes in the next chapter and from there on. Anyways thanks, I'll make the next chapter later.

RotomVolt

Ghost Static
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    Last time on Pokemon Topaz...

"Piplup, Ice Beam!"

A stranger stood before him as a Piplup hopped forward launching an Ice Beam.

"Star-Starlllyyy!"

The Wild Pokemon was frozen in a block of ice. Max opened his eyes and touched the structure of ice. He looked up at the man dressed in a white hoodie, light blue jeans, black shoes that said "Power House". He had coal black hair and light blue eyes. His Piplup jumped back to him and crossed it's arms.

"Let me guess, you were on your way to get a Pokemon when you were attacked by a Starly?" the man said not looking back.

_____

"There it is! Sandgem Town... whew.." Max said rubbing his head. As he entered the town he accidentally ran into a girl about his height. The girl dropped looked at Max with an angry look holding up her fist.

"What's the big idea? What's your problem?!!" she yelled.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I was just excited to get my Pokemon from Prof. Rowan."

The girl's face turned into a curious look.

"Oh, really? That's good news, Prof. Rowan will be delighted! Here follow me." she said taking Max's hand.

"By the way I'm Yuru and your..."

"I'm Maxmillion, but Max for short."

Yuru smiled as the duo ran towards Prof. Rowan's laboratory.

Part 01 - Sinnoh
    Chapter 02 - Chimchar Chase

Both Max and Yuru ran quickly up a small hill with the sun bright high in the skys with a few clouds rolling on by. Yuru was a bit ahead of Max. Yuru has long blue hair and hazel eyes. She wore a short-sleeved black shirt with white inlings and a red and green short skirt. Max couldn't help but to stare at Yuru. He started to blush and continued to stare at Yuru.

He stopped staring when he looked up ahead. A tall, broad man stood atop the hill looking at Yuru and Max. It was Prof. Rowan who was on his way to research on the habitats of the Shinx species.

"Hey Prof. Rowan!" Yuru yelled running up to him.

"Ah, Yuru! Who is the guest you have brought here?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, this is Max. He was wanting to get a Pokemon here so...."

Rowan started to think for a moment while looking at Max. Max looked back at Prof. Rowan for a while but it made him feel un-easy and he turned and looked to his left then right.

"Hmm yes I see. Alright then Maxmillion, follow me." Rowan said walking a few steps ahead. Max gulped and followed Yuru and Rowan to his laboratory. Rowan carried a brown leathered briefcase with him in his right hand. Yuru walked along with Max behind Rowan.

"Don't worry Max, Prof. Rowan's a nice guy so you don't have to worry." Yuru whispered.

Max nodded his head thinking that Rowan would turn and yell. Rowan streched his left arm out opening the steel door to his laboratory. They followed him inside. It was quite cold inside considering that there were air conditioners and ACs on. As they toured around scientists passed by them as well as some Pokemon that were being observed.

From room to room, they saw many computers and high tech technology. Max thought this was impressive while Yuru thought that it was alright since she had helped Prof. Rowan out with his research and work. Rowan stopped into a room with many glass windows and an open area. A table was set out with a Pokeball on top of it.

"I'm sorry Max but this is the last Starter Pokemon I have, it contains the Fire Pokemon called Chimchar."

"It's alright, anything is fine." Max said taking the Pokeball from Rowan.

"Now Max I need to ask you something..."

"Yeah, Rowan?"

"I want you as well as Yuru and my other assistant Fondo to help me obtain data on Pokemon all over Sinnoh, this will be greatly appreciated if you do."

Max without even thinking of it nodded his head.

"Yes. Yes, I will help you."

"Good Answer! Now I bid you farewell on your journeys. Here's your Pokedex and a gift from the Jubilife Poketch Company." Rowan said taking a Pokedex and a small box wrapped with a red ribbon. The box was yellow with light green dots. Max opened his Pokedex and turned it on.

'Register Name - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'

Max typed in his name and pressed enter. It switched to another screen and showed a 3D animation of a Pokeball.

'HELLO, Max. I'AM DEXTER YOUR POKEDEX GUIDE. I WILL GIVE ANY INFORMATION IF NEEDED.'

"Wow thats cool." Max said reading the text on his Pokedex. [Hehe, it rhymes]

"I wish you luck on your journey you two!" Prof. Rowan said watching them leave the laboratory. Rowan looked up at the sky through the tall glass window. He could only think of the time he started his journey long ago when he was a child.

Meanwhile both Max and Yuru started their way back down the small hill. Max stopped and pulled out his Pokeball. "Yuru wait."

Yuru turned around and looked at Max. "What is it?"

"I want to see what my Pokemon is like so go Chimchar!" Max yelled throwing the Pokeball out. A Chimchar hopped out from it. "Alright, time to look at it's data." Max said taking out his Pokedex. He flipped it open as a screen appeared on it showing a picture of Chimchar along with text.

'CHIMCHAR THE CHIMP POKEMON - IT AGILEY SCALES SHEER CLIFFS TO LIVE ATOP CRAGGY MOUNTAINS. IT'S FIRE IS PUT OUT WHEN IT SLEEPS.'

"Well Hi Chimchar, I'm Max."

Chimchar merely turned it's head with it's eyes closed and it's arms crossed.

"Umm... Chimchar?"

Chimchar looked at Max and threw an Ember attack at him. Max feel to the ground with his shirt burning. "Ah! Chimchar what's your problem?!!" Max yelled. The Chimchar ran down the hill and went out of sight.

"Max are you okay?" Yuru said looking at Max. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. "Yuru, what just happened?"

"Uh Chimchar attacked you then ran away duh?" Yuru said getting up then pulling Max up on his feet. "Come on Max we have to get Chimchar back."

Max looked at the road. "Why do you think Chimchar attacked and then ran away from me?" Max asked without turning to look at Yuru.

"Well by the looks of it, it kinda seemed that..."

"That Chimchar thinks you are too weak to be it's trainer." ; They both turned and saw Prof. Rowan standing behind them. "That Chimchar is too hard headed and will only go with the trainers who would be willing to risk their lives to win. That's why you must show Chimchar that you would go at any risk to rescue it."

"Ok, Thanks Prof. Rowan."

"Anytime Max, now take care you two."

They nodded their heads and ran down the hill. Will they find Chimchar? Will Max be able to get Chimchar's trust? Read the next Chapter of Pokemon Topaz to find out!

RotomVolt

Ghost Static
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    Last time on Pokemon Topaz...

"I'm sorry Max but this is the last Starter Pokemon I have, it contains the Fire Pokemon called Chimchar."

"It's alright, anything is fine." Max said taking the Pokeball from Rowan.

"Now Max I need to ask you something..."

"Yeah, Rowan?"

"I want you as well as Yuru and my other assistant Fondo to help me obtain data on Pokemon all over Sinnoh, this will be greatly appreciated if you do."

Max without even thinking of it nodded his head.

"Yes. Yes, I will help you."

"Good Answer! Now I bid you farewell on your journeys. Here's your Pokedex and a gift from the Jubilife Poketch Company." Rowan said taking a Pokedex and a small box wrapped with a red ribbon. The box was yellow with light green dots. Max opened his Pokedex and turned it on.
    _____

"Well Hi Chimchar, I'm Max."

Chimchar merely turned it's head with it's eyes closed and it's arms crossed.

"Umm... Chimchar?"

Chimchar looked at Max and threw an Ember attack at him. Max feel to the ground with his shirt burning. "Ah! Chimchar what's your problem?!!" Max yelled. The Chimchar ran down the hill and went out of sight.

"Max are you okay?" Yuru said looking at Max. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. "Yuru, what just happened?"

"Uh Chimchar attacked you then ran away duh?" Yuru said getting up then pulling Max up on his feet. "Come on Max we have to get Chimchar back."

Max looked at the road. "Why do you think Chimchar attacked and then ran away from me?" Max asked without turning to look at Yuru.

"Well by the looks of it, it kinda seemed that..."

"That Chimchar thinks you are too weak to be it's trainer." ; They both turned and saw Prof. Rowan standing behind them. "That Chimchar is too hard headed and will only go with the trainers who would be willing to risk their lives to win. That's why you must show Chimchar that you would go at any risk to rescue it."

Part 01 - Sinnoh
    Chapter 03 - The Stubborn Pokemon, Find Chimchar

Yuru and Max ran down the steep hill looking for Chimchar. Looking in every direction they continued their search. Leaves were blown away by the wind and the sun glowed brightly.

"Max I doubt Chimchar would be in the town, our best bets are somewhere in the forest." Yuru exclaimed.

"Yeah.... probably." he replied.

"We'll find Chimchar Max, don't worry."

_____

"Hmph! Think what you got what it takes to take me on!!" yelled a bald man holding a Pokeball and wearing a black shirt with black curoduoy pants.

"Yeah Whatever." Fondo replied pointing his finger towards the man. Piplup jumped in front of Fondo. It held it's thumb out upside down to the man that stood 8ft, 3inches away from them.

"Take this! Geodude!!" he yelled throwing the Pokeball as hard as he could. It opened releasing a small rock like Pokemon.

"Dexter, Pokedex Data.." Fondo said flipping his Pokedex open.

'GEODUDE THE ROCK POKEMON - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DISTINGUISH FROM ROCKS. IT SLAMS OTHERS IN A CONTEST OF HARDNESS.'

"This isn't going to be hard."

"Oh yeah smart guy, Geodude use Rollout!!"

"Ge-Geoddduudde!" ; Geodude rolled into a ball and began to spin. As it span the ground tore apart. It kept spinning and went off rolling at a fast rate towards Piplup.

"Piplup, Bubble." Fondo said holding his left hand out. Piplup obeyed and released many bubbles. It hit the Geodude but it wouldn't stop.

"Now Ice Beam."

Piplup leaped towards Geodude and used Ice Beam. It was frozen to the ground.

"What?!!" yelled the bald man.

"Now knock that pathetic Pokemon back to the loser."

Piplup took the frozen Geodude and threw it at the trainer. He was knocked down with Geodude fainted in a block of ice. Fondo and Piplup passed them by and continued on towards the Oreburgh Gate.

_____

"Chimchar!.... Chimcharrrrr!!" yelled Max and Yuru still searching for Chimchar. Both of them were in the forest but no sign of the Chimp Pokemon anywhere.

"Max.... this is harder that I thought.." Yuru punted holding on to Max. "It's like a game.... of hide and sneak."

"We will find it now come on." Max encouraged running ahead of Yuru.

"Wait Max, wait for me!!"

Both of them, Max and Yuru kept searching and searching. Looking in trees and in dark places but no sign of it. It was nearing nightfall and Max and Yuru are now resting in an wide open area of the forest.

"Max I can't take much more of this, I'm sorry but we can't find Chimchar."

"We have to! Or I'll never be able to start my journey..." Max said feeling depressed.

Yuru put her hand on his shoulder. "Maybe next year.." Yuru said softly getting up from the smooth grass. She began to walk away but Max kept his position and sat on the ground

"Max Look!" yelled Yuru stopping and pointing.

"What is it?" Max said looking back at Yuru. Max looked and saw Chimchar resting inside of an tall oak tree.

"See Max, I told you we could find him."

Max looked at Yuru with a weird face. "You said we would never find him and left.."

"Uh yeah... but things can change." Yuru replied.

Max ignored it and pulled out his Pokeball. He pushed the button on it against Chimchar's head and returned it to it's Pokeball. Max looked at the Pokeball then put it on his belt. Both Yuru and Max got up and continued on their path. What will happen next? Read the next Chapter of Pokemon Topaz to find out!

Back