• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Mapper for Java Based Game

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2008
I've been working on this game for a week or so, on and off, and ive got the mapping base done. Now I need someone to help me make the maps.
It is based on pokemon, so it will use the pokemon tileset, preferrably pokemon yellow.

Attatched is the game, what I have atm, which is basically the base of mapping. In the file:
./data/mapfiles/map0.dat
is instructions on how to make a map.

For the first map, I need a map from Pallet Town, to the exit of the rock town (cant remember name).

Rules:
- Each pic MUST be 18x18
- There is only 4 layers, 2 below the player, 2 above. Use them wisely.
- If you need the map bigger, tell me
- When you post the map, tell me the starting point (If I choose your map, I'll make the starting point that).

What you get:
- Not too sure yet, possibly a copy of the game to edit to your liking whe it is finished.

If you just want to test out my game, download it and have a play around. If you find anything wrong with it, post here.

If you decide to help me out here, you only need to edit two files, the map0.dat and the images.dat. Edit them to your liking, save and re-run the jar file and you should see the changes you made.

~ Budda

EDIT: Forgot to say you don't need to be good at gfx, only need to know how to cut and paste to 18x18. You can find pokemon tilesets on google.

EDIT2: You must extract the data folder and the jar file into the same folder for the images and map to load.
Note: This is made in java, so you must have Java installed to run the jar file. (Double-click the jar file to run.)

EDIT3: I've just had a look around these forums, and have noticed that a large amount of members here treat RPGMaker, and programs of the like as god. I would like to make a note that this game was made from scratch. That being a blank folder, with no files. No pre-made program was used.

Nobody wanting to help? If not, I shall take this elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Hey don't close this just yet. Iwould like to help but i want to know are the maps 18x18 tiles or are the tiles 18x18 pixels.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2008
The tiles are 18x18 pixels.

Latest version is at pokemorpg.silabsoft.org

Back