• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My computer keeps crashing....

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
  • That appears if you restarted without doing Start > Shut down most of the time... just means that Microsoft wants you to send the details of the problem.

You dun have to, if you dun want to.

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
  • If Windows XP thinks it's a device failure that caused the error, then it probably is. Do other games produce the same problem? Have they ever crashed on you?

I had a similar problem with C+C Generals Zero Hour and Counter-Strike... the game tended to crash, but I noticed many of the textures in the game started messing up... appearantly my video card was defective so perhaps you may have to replace your video card...

aaaaaa

First you want to take care of the simplest fix, and see if it helps.
    Microsoft thinks your graphics driver is borked, so you can go someway to helping that by replacing it with the most up to date version.
    Head on over to Here, select your Operating System from the drop down menu, and download the new driver.
    Let me know if that helps.

Sakura and Espeon

Hates being hacked. ;-;
    Years
  • Optic said:
    If Windows XP thinks it's a device failure that caused the error, then it probably is. Do other games produce the same problem? Have they ever crashed on you?

I had a similar problem with C+C Generals Zero Hour and Counter-Strike... the game tended to crash, but I noticed many of the textures in the game started messing up... appearantly my video card was defective so perhaps you may have to replace your video card...
    My graphics card is intergrated. To replace it, I have to go out and buy a video card for a expanition slot. >_>

aaaaaa

Windows thinks a device DRIVER caused the error, not the device itself.
    Like I said, try a driver update

Back