• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • Okay so what was your first shiny (if you have one), where'd you get it and what game, and also if it has a strory behind getting it.
    if you dont have a shiny you can say if your searching for a shiny and what one or what shiny you want but cant get etc.

Mines Steelix on Diamond and at Victory road.
    I was just going to head to the E4 when I saw a Steelix. I was amazed that you could find Steelix's (the one I found first was NOT shiny) so I tried to catch it then failed. So I said "The next Steelix I find I am going to catch it" and the next one was shiny. :O

However dont say it if it was caught using Action Replay etc.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • My first shiny was on Fire-red. CHose chamramder and pretty much that is it. Although if that doesn't count my game was used and glitched. All the pidgeys in the game where shiny.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Mine was a Totodile on Gold or Silver as a starter, obviously. Unfortunately I was too young to even know what it was. So, I thought my game was messed up, restarted, and lost it forever.

Haven't seen a shiny on my own since.

Rye29

Oh what
    Years
  • My first shiny was on my Pearl. It's a Tentacruel. I was surfing around on one of the routes where the Zones are and I came across it by random luck.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    My first shiny was a Drowzee in Silver. I think I was looking for a Ditto and a pink and purple Drowzee appeared. I had no idea what was wrong with it, but luckily I caught it anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    my first shiny was a vaporen on leaf green... i didn't realise eevee was shiny till i evoled it ... i didn't know of shinys in gold crsytal so i might of had one ... and my the only other shiny was a pidey in leaf green... my brother deleted that game >_> both times ....=[ hmmm me thinks my leaf green has a lot of shinys *goes to find game*

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    i've never had a shiny in the earlier games, my first was a bidoof in the grass areas near twinleaf town route 201

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    My first shine ever was a i think was a sperrow not much use for it tho eh oh well

Years
  • my first shiny was persian on leaf green then i played fire red and seen a persian like that same week and then i didnt catch it bcuz i was soft setting my game 4 legendarys and i seen it agine when i did (really weird)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    It's REALLY DIFFICULT TO CATCH SHINY!
    HOW THE HELL SOME PEOPLE CAN CATCH THEM, UNLESS USING CHEATS!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    My first Shiny was a Shiny Camerupt in Pokemon Diamond(I caught it with a Quick Ball).
    I only want to catch a Slugma/Marcago for breeding and then I used the Pokéradar and I was gone in the first field and the a black-yellow Camerupt apeared.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Poke'd: Really I mean all the shiny's except the Red Gyrados in G/S/C and the Odd Egg Shiny Baby Pokemon in Crystal. Thanks for commenting anyway.

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Scratchmy post up thier my first ever shiny was a magikarp in Silver i had just ran
    away from the shiny garados and my ten year old self was looking for it again but
    then i found a gold magikarp i was like wtf and then i tried to catch it and the first
    ball didnt work so i tryed weaking it but as i found out hyper beam itsnt the best move
    to weaken a magikarp with so i after i killled i went searching for that again xD

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    Darn... I can't remember my first shiny. I distinctly remember catching one outside the daycare center in Pokemon Silver, but I can't for the life of me remember what Pokemon it was xD

Though other shinies I've caught include:

Whismur
    Rhyhorn
    Machoke
    Pachirisu

I'm sure I caught 2 in Silver but I can't remember what they were... ><;;

Suigin-Tou

1st. Doll
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2008
    My first shiny was a Bellsprout in Bellsprout Tower on Crystal Series
    It pops up with flash atack effect, and it was totally golden. ^-^