• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Messed up iTunes?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    OK, on iTunes, it says that the song "This could be Anywhere in the World" By: Alexisonfire is an explicit song. I have always wondered why it was labeled that, so I just googled the lyrics and every set of lyrics for that song I find has NO swear words in it. My question is, am I missing something... or are there really no swear words in the song and iTunes messed up on its labeling. Thanks.

P.S.- http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/alexisonfire/thiscouldbeanywhereintheworld.html

That is the site that has the BEST lyrics that made the most sense.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I just listened to it... all I can say is; LOL ANGST MUSIC =D

According to wiki and some other places i read on Google the lyrics supposedly represents kids (ghosts) who are either homeless or stuck with divorced parents.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Oh, yeah. I wanted to buy Voltaire's 'When You're Evil' off of iTunes, and it was marked as explicit. And I swear, if they took out maybe one or two lines, it could be the villain's song in a Disney movie. It's not explicit. :|

I think sometimes if a song is on the same album as an explicit song, they'll mark every song on the album as explicit. Voltaire does have some songs with explicit lyrics, so I'm guessing that's what happened to me.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Some songs are marked explicit due to the nature of the topic of the song. Although i'm not sure why you thought the song was labeled Explicit, because I just looked it up on iTunes and it's clearly not labeled Explicit. (I'll even include a screen of my iTunes.)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    If one song on the album has the content to become considered "explicit", then all of the song on the album will be labeled explicit. :\
    It's really just laziness on Apple's part, but oh well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Well Gerri Shin, my song has the [Explicit] marking next to it. I guess they changed it after a while :). Thanks for your help anyways guys.

P.S.-I attached a pic of it for proof.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • If an album's CD version has Parental Advisory: Explicit Content label on it, then every song on that album on iTunes gets the label, too.

Back