• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Requesting a team for online Pokemon MMORPG! Using GM.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Hello all. I was working on a project before but I wasn't very handy with Game Maker. Now I know more things about it and would love to give it another shot. I need quite a few jobs done and anybody can join if they have the skill.
    I NEED:
    Spriters(as many as it takes to complete the sprites I need.)
    Idea Creater(Someone to create ideas for the game as I will be working on it whenever I can.)
    Mappers(Not sure if needed but it would be helpful)
    You(whatever you can do is a big help)

If you have any questions ask me.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • I have an idea!!! How about you get to design your character, like select available clothes, and maybe you could unlock more from missions, or battles!

Tentacruel13

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    I have an idea!!! How about you get to design your character, like select available clothes, and maybe you could unlock more from missions, or battles!

Hmm......that would be quite difficult to do though. If anything your clothes would be in an inventory and you could drag and drop them. Good idea, don't think it will make it into the game though. Any other ideas?

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    I'm very good at coming up with ideas. I can help there. I also know a little bit about programming, although I am learning more, so I can help there too. As for mapping, isn't just a point and click interface for Game Maker? Seems pretty simple to me, but how do you plan making an MMORPG with Game Maker?

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I have a question. What would be your role in this project? as you didn't mentioned it i am kinda curious to know it

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Love the idea : ). Send me a pm when it's done. But, anyway, ideas. I agree with OblivionMew, you should be able to choose your clothes and quests would be a great asset, it would be better than following a set storyline and there could be many rewards, to make the game more exciting.

Tentacruel13

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    MY role in the game will be the game developer. I will also do everything else I can too. I hope that answers your question.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    Not really, no. I still want to know how it's possible to make a MMORPG using Game Maker. I've never heard of such a thing! No, if you were to use a program like Realm Crafter, that would sound more believable, but Game Maker?

Tentacruel13

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Not really, no. I still want to know how it's possible to make a MMORPG using Game Maker. I've never heard of such a thing! No, if you were to use a program like Realm Crafter, that would sound more believable, but Game Maker?

Well, for one reason, when you still have GM Lite it says "In the Pro edition there are ways to make online multiplayer games" or something like that. You're probally just one of many who don't know all of GM's abilities, and that's ok.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    True to the max. :) I don't know that much about Game Maker, but I will soon enough.

But there IS a problem. I'm using Game Maker lite, so I suppose it won't be possible for me to do much for the project, is there? :(

Tentacruel13

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    True to the max. :) I don't know that much about Game Maker, but I will soon enough.

But there IS a problem. I'm using Game Maker lite, so I suppose it won't be possible for me to do much for the project, is there? :(

That depends on what you're doing. You said you were going to map so I don't think you will need Pro. I do recommend that you buy Pro as it is only $20.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    I don't know...I'll need to get familiar with GM first, and I'll be learning it's coding language in addition to that.

Back