• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"As Clear As Crystal" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss the recharging secrets of a certain lake for Electric Pokémon in "As Clear As Crystal."

My review to come forthwith.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • Well, I remember this episode 5 years ago, and I say it's a very cool episode. But most of all, the woman who appear in this episode was outstanding. I have to say, I still inspire this episode and hopes for more female characters like the one who appeared in this episode.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Well this was an intresting episode. Teehehee Doing this one by memory. I am not sure but this would have been a good episode for a certain electric legendary to make an apperence but if I remember right, he didn't appear. Teeheehee

Kinda strange right? teeheehee

Years
  • Here's the episode comparison, nothing beyond a Rocket motto issue.

https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/jouto/ep244.html

Honestly, after the awesome "blink-and-you-miss-it" cameo by Raikou in "Houndoom's Special Delivery," I was expecting something more from the Kanto equivalent. It tried, but it wasn't as majestic as it could be, or that's just me.

I will say, I did like the character-of-the-day's design, which is rare, as I normally don't. I love them blue-haired explorer women types. Heh.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Oh yeah. It was Zapdos who appeared here. I have to sy it was kinda disappointing to see Zapdos really. I mean it other Legendary Bird friends got these coolies things like Moltres just appearing back in the Idigo Leauge torch and then Articuno getting her own arc. Then Zapdos just got like just this one little cameo and that was it. Nothing as coolie as it could have been really if you ask me.

Teeheehee Dogasu does bring up some good points. Yeppie.

Years
  • Oh yeah. It was Zapdos who appeared here. I have to sy it was kinda disappointing to see Zapdos really. I mean it other Legendary Bird friends got these coolies things like Moltres just appearing back in the Idigo Leauge torch and then Articuno getting her own arc. Then Zapdos just got like just this one little cameo and that was it. Nothing as coolie as it could have been really if you ask me.

Teeheehee Dogasu does bring up some good points. Yeppie.

Yeah, Zapdos' appearance smacks of lazy planning or a mad rush to include it because of omission. It isn't like Raikou, where you can pull off a "blink-and-you-miss-it" moment, because of Raikou's swift nature. If anything, Zapdos is majestic enough to encompass a whole episode, like the other two.

You could have substituted it for a PO'ed Electrabuzz here, and still get the same result.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, I remember this episode! It was boring. Something about saving the Pokemon in the lake and Zapdos comes.

Years
  • Oh, I remember this episode! It was boring. Something about saving the Pokemon in the lake and Zapdos comes.

I love your succinctness -- that sums up the episode perfectly. You'll hate the episodes of Raikou and Entei's first appearences by comparison (Entei, it's somewhat the same thing, and Raikou's was boring to the fandom at large).

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Su that is true. It wasn't the best of episodes. If they could have hold off on it and just add a random power plant in Jotho would have been better to show Zapdos. Teeheehee

Su. The Raikou was kinda better then this one and Dogasu said this episode best. It was really kinda simliar to the Raikou one really.

Years
  • Su that is true. It wasn't the best of episodes. If they could have hold off on it and just add a random power plant in Jotho would have been better to show Zapdos. Teeheehee

Su. The Raikou was kinda better then this one and Dogasu said this episode best. It was really kinda simliar to the Raikou one really.

Yeah, I wish they could have done the Power Plant back in Kanto, but spilled milk.

Actually, Raikou was funny, as it first appeared in "Houndoom's Special Delivery," which sucked, then came the Crystal Special, which was mega-awesome. Meanwhile, Zapdos kicked butt in the second movie, then this episode. So, the writers did the reverse, there. Go figure.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Su well didn't they do the Power Plant with all the Muk and Magnemites? It wasn't like the games but it did appear. Just not as we thought it would.

Also if you remember, Zapdos did appear in Island of the Giant Pokemon so really it was the first of the Legendary Birds to appear. Not a real one but kinda close.

I kinda found it cool when in appeared in Houndoom's Special Delivery and made me hope that he was going to recieve the same kind of treatment that Suicune was going to get. Su. Still I guess we know that the writers can't get it right all the time. Su.

Years
  • Su well didn't they do the Power Plant with all the Muk and Magnemites? It wasn't like the games but it did appear. Just not as we thought it would.

Also if you remember, Zapdos did appear in Island of the Giant Pokemon so really it was the first of the Legendary Birds to appear. Not a real one but kinda close.

I kinda found it cool when in appeared in Houndoom's Special Delivery and made me hope that he was going to recieve the same kind of treatment that Suicune was going to get. Su. Still I guess we know that the writers can't get it right all the time. Su.

Well, the power plant with the Muk/Magnemites was the right environment, but it wasn't the canon Power Plant, which is why I didn't say anything on that.

As for Zapdos in "Giant Pokemon," very true. But it wasn't an actual "proper" first appearance, so I don't quite count that, either. And don't forget P-Land's Moltres, too. Heh.

Indeed, Suicune got all the fun writing: dramatic irony first appearance, surprise cameo in Eusine's first episode, a decent role in the fourth movie, plus recently. Suicune must have one heck of a press agent.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, I wish they could have done the Power Plant back in Kanto, but spilled milk.

What I wish they had done in Kanto is Team Rocket taking over Silph Co. Why didn't they do it!? That would have been AMAZING!

Years
  • What I wish they had done in Kanto is Team Rocket taking over Silph Co. Why didn't they do it!? That would have been AMAZING!

It was the omitting the Rocket Game Corner that did it for me, in terms of the series obeying game canon. As for Silph, well, Pokemon Special did an interesting/well done take on it, so I'd recommend that.

And moving on, as we're on Johto. Heh. With all the crystal references, surprised the writers didn't poke at the Crystal System more than they did (which was one of Team Rocket's better devices). Yeah, they used a crystal instead of, say, Mount Quena, but an evil crystal would have been fun, too.

Back