PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Contest

hothead
April 24th, 2008, 09:11 PM
ME and my friend were talking on Msn about pokemon contest weather we like them or not she loves them in Gen 4 but i hate them there boring i try to avoid contest im a battler i prefer battling gyms and stuff like that what do u think

sirboulevard
April 24th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Personally I like them, but I enjoy challenges and the Contests really are hard in D/P. I prefer battles too, but contests are a nice change of pace once in a while.

Apathetic_Yen
April 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Should have put an inbetween choice on the poll cuz I don't like them but I dont hate them either. On the subject of contests, I know your mom can appear as your opponent but in what contest? I've done Master Rank numerous times before and I've yet to see her.

fade101
April 24th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Hmm... pokemon contest seems okay to me... i mean its a cool mini game/side quest whatever...

XaRhS
April 25th, 2008, 02:59 AM
i think contests is a simple thing but a tough one at the same time.although,i like them cuz i like tough things.

Shadowfaith
April 25th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I really don't like them, they annoy me and I knever knew why they added them in in the first place. I suppose its nice for those who like them, but I'm a battler, I avoid Pokemon Contests, I just can't be bothered with them XP

WaluigiRedclaw91
April 25th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I like contest cause even those who tend to be feminine can enjoy pokemon

Espeon Master
April 25th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Contests annoy me. It's a pain to raise Pokemon that are good at them (with the right moves and the poffins and everything) and there's no real guide on it. Not to mention you have to complete all the contests in master rank to get a star on your trainer card. It's was a cool idea to add something new to the game, but I just don't like how it was done.
I love contests in the anime though.

Moonlit Umbreon
April 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Well contests are great for having a break from battling, just a place to relax with pokemon and have a good time, so yeah, it would have to be on my likes list. =3

Ryden
April 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I've never really cared for them, and tend not to bother with them unless I've got nothing better to do and am a 100%completion kinda mood

EmpoleMew
April 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Personally, I feel that contests were better in Gen III than in Gen IV. D/P contests could've been so much better. For one reason, they decided to take out appeal combos, which completely ruins the appeal round. A battle round like in the anime would've been nice too. And, if there's Wi-Fi, why not have Wi-Fi contests?

Decypher
April 26th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I don't like them very much, mainly because I always lose them. xD

Toblerone
April 27th, 2008, 03:16 AM
If at first you don't succeed, try again. Just needs a little practice and the right moves! I personally like them, because i have good pokémon for all contests.