• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Butterfree or Vespiquen?

What should I do?

• Total voters

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
  • I'm having a bit trouble in my game,
    but I finally got a female Combee.

Sadly, Butterfrees are the same type as it's evolution.
    I'm not quite sure if I should sack Butterfree.
    what's your guy's thoughts?

Choices:
    1. Sack Butterfree
    2. Sack Vespiquen
    3. Keep Both
    4. Sack Both
    5. Other...?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Vespiquen is bulkier; Butterfree has access to Compoundeyes, making it good at double statusing. Both fit separate roles on a team.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    They perform different roles. As blueberry said, vespiqueen is bulky while butterfree is more offensive

Ris

Wee.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    Vespiquen - Best for it's exclusive moves.

Attack Order, Heal Order, Defend Order.

Attack Order has 90 Power and 15 PP, and it's pretty strong. Vespiquen itself is pretty strong, and even if it is fighting one of it's weaknesses: It can take them on if it's moveset is strong.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I like Butterfree. Because of it's highly stats, defense and attacks. Also of it's Psychic type and Bug Type that it has a big advantage do defeat anything.

Years
  • i ment to say dump them both i hate all of thouse you should go with a dustox Dustox rocks
    Dustox PM

Berlitz

The Bewildered Summoner
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    I would keep both. Or just let Butterfree be happy in her box, as Vespiqueen is a lot more rare and has exclusive moves ,but you can see to it that they peform different roles as said by other people before me. It's your decision,really.

I laughed at the Beedrill comment. And Dustox and Beautifly are so unloved.

By the way, why did Jessie ditch hers like Ash did with Butterfree? They should have learned it became ridiculous by now . Or they have some racist thing with purple butterflies and moths , really.

Yours so badass that needed to catch a Silcoon to make a Beautifly (because my wurples just wanna go tropical-greenwinged,sigh ),

Berlitz Ojyou-sama. < 3

( In fact, Butterfree, Beedrill , Dustox , Beautifly,Vespiqueen (yeah,because I wanna add the extra e), Mothim. I could make a team with all six butterflies and their counterparts. (Generally bees. Mothim is a butterfliy that likes honey . Is that somewhat inovating or ...anyway ... )

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
  • They may be alike but they are in every way, different. I believe a strong trainer should see the uniqueness in each and every Pokemon, each have different abilities, types, stastics, and personality. Keep both. You never know if one or the other might be needed one day. =)

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Keep Butterfree! It's one of the original Pokémon that i can remember when i was sat playing my Game Boy Colour.. good times :)

Prynze Roserade

il principe senza regno
    Years
  • The choice is clearly dependent on the following:

* Whether you can afford to have two Bug-Flying types based on the other types in your team

* Whether you are looking for an annoyer that may get a fairly strong hit onc e or twice, or a tanky Bug good at stalling.

So what will it be? Butterfree is guaranteed to inflict status like crazy thanks to Compoundeyes, while Vespiquen will have things running out of PP like crazy if it's equipped with either Protect, Substitute and/or Defend Order and packing Leftovers+Roost.

Both are able to get strong hits in with Bug Buzz/Attack Order sometimes, but neither of them are stronger offensively than the other, since their base offense is 80, only that Butter runs special moves and Vespi runs physical ones (they don't have to, but generally it's best if they do).

So! The power is yours!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Vespiquen obviously rocks with all its high stats. Butterfree has an overall base of 385, while Vespiquen has an overall base stat of 475, with everything except speed better. So, that's pretty simple to decide which one is the strongest..huh..

Back