• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Wanna Be The Guy

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2008
    ok, this is a freeware game that is famous for being ridiculously difficult
    i have beaten it, and i wanted to know if anyone else on here has beaten it,... has played it for themselves

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Care to explain what it's about?

Wikipedia Article said:
    IWBTG is made up of several stages split up into many screens, which are usually pastiches of well known NES games like Tetris, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Zelda and Metroid. At the end of each stage is an oversized boss who must be defeated in order to progress. These bosses are generally rather humorous hybrids of traditional boss characters such as Mike Tyson, Dracula, and Mother Brain. The player must defeat each of the six bosses to advance to the final level of the game, and completion of the game unlocks a boss rush mode.

The player controls "The Kid", whose sprite is tiny compared to the objects in the game. The controls are simple, and are limited to left/right movement, jumping (and jumping a second time midair), and shooting. Non-boss enemies are very rare, and thus shooting is rarely used outside of boss fights. The focus of the game's controls is precision in moving and jumping.

I, myself, haven't played it, nor do I plan to. Especially since it seems to require a full download to play.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2008
    there are many youtube walkthroughs, and there is a demo available for download...
    as for what its about; you are a kid who left home on his 15 birthday on a quest to become "the guy", and yeah... its pretty random, it somehow goes from fighting mike tyson, to ghosts n goblins
    but its a fun game, ... despite the difficulty >_<

Nashua

lovely, isn't she? :D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    I haven't beaten it, but I'm playing it. There are so many moments that I felt like smashing my laptop [spike corridor comes to mind here], but I'm managing to keep my cool - somewhat. My current location is at the start of the Castlevania area. I know, I haven't seen nothing yet compared to the later levels.

I would play the demo to the sequel, but I have to finish this one first.

Back