• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metal Gear Solid IV: Can i haz 90 minute cutscenes?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It's debunked. Typical of Kotaku, this is utter BS.

The earlier posted rumors of some cut-scenes in Metal Gear Solid 4 lasting up to 90 minutes was proven false by Sid Shuman.

The resident reporter of gaming magazine GamePro stated "Ninety-minute-long cinemas in MGS4 sounds like an exaggeration... But not a one, to my recollection, even approaches 90 minutes."

To quote in full: "I've completed the game twice, and am the author of the forthcoming [GamePro] review," Shuman said. "Ninety-minute-long cinemas in MGS4 sounds like an exaggeration. Like the other MGS games, MGS4 definitely has a cinematic quality.

And yes, some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy. But not a one, to my recollection, even approaches 90 minutes."

"I think it's safe to say that the '90 minute cinemas' claim is a pretty big exaggeration," he told GamePro News.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Most of what Kotaku post is shallow, uninformed and researched and largely sensationalized. Nothing can be gained by syndicating their news :\

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Badly MGS4 is the last game i will play of the series, you ask "but isn't that one supposed to be the last one?"

Answer is NO... Quoting from another web.

Though Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots may be the end of the line for Solid Snake, fans can rest assured that it won't be the last game they see with "Metal Gear" in the title. Speaking to MTV Multiplayer, associate producer Ryan Payton delivered the shocking revelation that a popular franchise would continue in the future. "I think there's been some misconceptions that this is the last 'Metal Gear,'"he said. "This is really just the last chapter of the saga of the Solid Snake story."

With Solid out of the way, what does the future hold for tactical espionage action? Metal Gear Meryl, the sneak-em-up with a softer touch? Or how about Metal Gear Soylent, the made-from-people masterpiece? Give us a clue, Ryan ... Ryan? RYAAAAAAAAAN!!

End of quote...

Do you know what this means? Take a quick look to the good games like final fantasy, pokemon and such... The same will happen >.< As long as people buy they will make even if all of them are epic fails. Not saying that MGS4 is but that the next Metal Gear games will be and mostly because this is the last one directed by Hideo Kojima and he's the one with the magic touch for this games xD. (God I gotta get outta the Other Games forum and quick =.=)

Oh, and to stay on topic, there's no way they will make a 90 frikken minutes cutescene, most of the people after about 5 minutes will go like "PRESS START AND SKIP IT QUICK!!!~"

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Oh, and to stay on topic, there's no way they will make a 90 frikken minutes cutescene, most of the people after about 5 minutes will go like "PRESS START AND SKIP IT QUICK!!!~"

I would be in the 0.1% of people who actually wouldn't do that, were the cutscenes in MGS4 really that long. I'm the kind of gamer who likes to go through a game completely, and watch all the scenes; as it should be. =X

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    This is nothing major really, all of the games have fairly long cut scenes. However I skip them!

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    ...why would you play a game series renowned for it's cinematic depth and quality and then skip the story?

Back