• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet connection

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
  • What type of internet connection do you have?

I happen to have cable internet - the fastest plan (they have 3 options for speed where I live)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • (I use whatever speed my neighbours have because I tapped off of theirs. It's pretty darn fast) J/K
    I have the fastest DSL available. It's just as fast as cable,I can't remember the exact speed, but I can download a Gig of stuff in about a 30 min. Though if given the chance I'd love to have the speed of FiO

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    2Mb.

Pretty crummy considering how much torrenting I do.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Verizon Fios man. Wireless is 54 Mbps and wired is 100 Mbps. Much better than what I used to have which was AOL Dial Up 56k

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Verizon DSL. 768kbps down, 128kbps up.

Yeah, really sucky. I want to upgrade to the 3Mbps soon. >>

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • At the moment? Just regular ADSL, running at 512/128kbps.

In a few months I'll have ADSL2+, which will give me roughly 15mbps down, and 1mbps up.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • At school, we've got either a T1 or a T2 line. It's wicked fast but, alas, in the dorms there's a 500 MB per day limit, with a refill of 21mb/hour. No torrenting allowed. Baaaaw. T_T

Back at home, I thiiiink it's 3Mbps ADSL. :/ Sympatico keeps changing their freaking plans around so whenever I go to the site to see what it is we have, it's never there.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    A nice DSL connection with a 345gb monthly cap :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Time Warner, something or other.

I've had it for three years, and I haven't had one second of downtime.
    Speeds pretty good too

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Mine says 54Mbps, which strikes me as over ten-fold as fast as anyone else's here.

Grow a better connection, everyone. :P
    On a serious note though, it could just be the speed between this laptop and the router, in which case I think the actual interwebz is probably 2Mbps.

Last edited:
    Back