• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keep real animals?

What would you do?

• Keep real animals

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Only Pokemon

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Hazuki

delenda est.
Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Hmm well having Pokemon would be cool because I can like, you know, fly, surf, and all that stuff. But I don't want to lose animals either... ^^;

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Only Pokemon.

1. They have powers and can pwn bad people.
    2. They're not edible. Which means humans eat only vegetables. Also it takes out some fatty illness.
    3. Every Pokemon is friendly to humans.
    4. Pokemon can build their own Ecosystem easily.
    5. Pokemon can understand the human's feelings and emotion.

See. Animals in this world are very opposite to Pokemon.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Only Pokemon.

2. They're not edible. Which means humans eat only vegetables. Also it takes out some fatty illness.

1. Like any other being such powers can be used for both good and ill. never forget that.
    2. Farfetch'd is at least. There are anime references to that. Plus humans are not meant just to eat vegetables. I won't go into detail why because I might (further) offend vegans and vegetarians.
    3. In your "utopia" maybe.
    4. Some can change the environment, but ecosystems aren't really "built"
    5. Some animals can too.

In the end, animal and Pokemon aren't as different as you may think.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
  • Pokemon would probably drive out many wild forms of animal anyway with their power. I can't see a lion matching up to something that can breathe fire, or freeze things, or can utilise water in a way that can cause injury.

However, I'd still keep animals. Domesticated and farmed ones could still survive, and some could still be kept in zoos. Just, I imagine most of the wild ones will be driven to extinction.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    1. Like any other being such powers can be used for both good and ill. never forget that.
    2. Farfetch'd is at least. There are anime references to that. Plus humans are not meant just to eat vegetables. I won't go into detail why because I might (further) offend vegans and vegetarians.
    3. In your "utopia" maybe.
    4. Some can change the environment, but ecosystems aren't really "built"
    5. Some animals can too.

In the end, animal and Pokemon aren't as different as you may think.

i guess she used irony to make that same point

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I'd LOVE to only have Pokémon, as they are loyal and, yeah, you could go fly to the shops, surf somewhere else.. that would be nice..

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well I always thought that the animals in real life now will turn into a pokemon form looking like a pocket monster, (pokemon) so then they will look like that animal, but different shape or size. ;]

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Pokemon or animals? Probably animals. I mean, let's face it, if Pokemon were to exist in the world right now, we would be faced with Legendaries and loads of other strong beasts that could destroy all civilisation as we have no way of controlling the Pokemon in the present.

Unless, of course, you're saying we have Poke Balls and all of the things we need to make sure no one gets horribly injured, then, yeah, kill off animals any day.

#Gecko#

Alert: Tacos Rule
    Years
  • I guess I'll keep both, but animals won't survive as much since they don't got powers.
    EDIT: One choice only?! Fine, I'll pick the Pokemon. At least trhey can save the world somehow.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Only Pokemon.

Chu think nobody is going to try eating a miltank?
    :P

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
  • I'd have only Pokemon, but only if all the animals turned into their Pokemon counterparts, you know, dogs into Houndour, Growlithe, and Poochyena, Horses into Ponyta and so on in that vein.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • lol. I guess so. Who would want to massacre a cute little Miltank? Also a useless Magikarp, but has a powerful evolution? :P

I think cows are cute, but we eat them!
    How bad would it suck if you were gunna cut up a magikarp, and it suddenly evolved.

- You'd be screwed

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • Pokemon really existing, eh? No, that wouldn't work... why? Well, let me tell ya; xD

First off, Pokemon is based off of a Television series. In this television series, Pokemon and humans live in a perfect world. A prefect world where everyone gets along, for some reason, most wild Pokemon don't try to harm humans, even when the human is tormenting it with a red and white ball being constantly hurled at it's head, and the only people in the "Pokemon Utopia" to do evil are either Team Rocket, Team Aqua/Magma or Team Galactic.

In the real world, everyone does not get along! Do you know how much more dangerous a school yard would be if Pokemon came into the picture? Two kids get into a fight, one sends out his Scyther and bam! The other kid is in the hospital being treated for severe injuries if not dead.

Also in the world we live in, a lot of people "do evil things". How about all the thieves, etc. Would it not be easier for a thief to steal something from a store if he had a Pokemon? Sure, it would be easier for the police to catch him too, but it wouldn't be worth it.

And how unfair would it be if you accidentally tripped over a Geodude, who then decides that he's had a bad day, and he's going to take it out on you. I wouldn't be too impressed (as I held the ice packs up to my black eye and swollen lip!)

Anyway, I'd definitely stick to animals, for all the reasons above...Sure, I guess animals could assist humans with robbery, fights and what not, but the fact that animals don't breathe fire out their noses, or can summon a massive tidal wave at the wave of their hand helps, too. '-.-

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    1. And that can also pwn good people... makes me think they'd end up replacing guns in war.
    2. The theory stands with many people that they are the eaten-animal equivilents of the Pokemon world, but for obvious reasons, with it being a show for all ages, that is not made apparent. An entirely vegetarian diet leads to malnutrition by the way.
    3. Every real-world animal, if tamed, potentially is.
    4. I doubt they could do it without error or imbalance in this world though.
    5. I take it you've never owned a dog then, they can understand body language well enough; perhaps not in a sapient manner, but still...

Now, of the topic: Only Pokemanz, for the lulz. :D
    I'll keep a Furret as a pet, and go Pidgey shooting. :)

Last edited:

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • This is a reason why I support a larger number of pokemon, so just like in the real world, we can have variety. I want more to be exposed to us, and I want them in this plane of existance, DAMNIT!

Back