• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPhone 3g in the iHome

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Is it at all possible to use an iPhone in the iHome? I read somewhere that somebody tried and the touch screen stopped working. Of course they told it not to go into Airplane mode, so maybe as long as its in airplane mode it will work. My sister got an accessorie that works with iPhone but it says in the instructions that when the prompt comes up to put it in airplane mode. I currently use iHome with my iPod Nano 2g and it works perfectly, mmy iPod always charged now and I never have to worry about plugging it into my computer. Of course the iPhone comes with an Ac adapter so....

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • As far as I;ve read, as long as it's not in airplane mode, it should work just fine with it. however you may need a special adapter for the dock on the iHome.

Apple Inc.

Years
  • As far as I;ve read, as long as it's not in airplane mode, it should work just fine with it. however you may need a special adapter for the dock on the iHome.

Special adapter? Do you mean something that I plug into it then I put the iPhone on top of it. or something that ensures i dont put it in wrong and damage it

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • something like this
    230403800.jpg

that way, the iPhone sits in the connector easily, without risk of damage to the iPhone or the connector.

Apple Inc.

Years
  • Okay, that's what I thought, i'll see if any of the ones it came with will work well. Maybe the iPod Classic one....

Also, i'll be going to the Apple Store for the 1st time this Sunday as it's near my Aunt and I'll be staying for 2 weeks. I'll also be getting my iPhone there when my dad takes me home a week after the iPhone release. Hopefully the rush will be gone by then.

Back