• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Brawl Movie

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
Years
  • If you own Super Smash Bros. Brawl chances are you've gotten through the Subspace Emissary. The graphics throughout the Subspace Emissary were awesome were they not?

Now my question is this; If they made a Super Smash Bros. movie with those graphics, would you go see it and what should the plot be?

Personally I would like to see the Subspace Emissary again, but with voice actors and a longer story to it.

Years
  • It could ruin it with them talking, will need too many actors aswell, it would also be rather long so I dont think it would be a good idea.

By the way I havent completed SSE yet (70%, UK, Great Maze is boring after a while...).

Tenbinza

Master of the Mighty Harisen!
    Years
  • Really, the Subspace Emissary mode reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, but with Nintendo (as well as one Konami and Sega) characters. Seeing the characters make a gesture or show an experession is rather refreashing from just seeing two characters standing around mouthing each other off.

So in reponse to the above question, I'd say no. If the characters were talking, I'd think the film would be too much like Final Fantasy. Plus, the trouble of finding good voice actors for all the fighters plus the baddies.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yeah, I tend to look at the cutscenes animeish as well as the Phantom Hourglass. Some of the stuff that happened you wouldnt see anywhere but an anime. I think having people talk throughout the whole thing would be boring, I rather like to here a few grunts or cries here and there, but no talking.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • a movie? a movie? a Movie? A MOVIE? sory but not for me.......I'd still see it anyway, like that fake zelda movie from ign.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    It would never happen... But if it did, it would be hillarious. Imagine it. Think the Subspace Emissary had plot holes and confusion? Imagine two whole hours of that with no decent gameplay or entertaining levels in-between. And if the characters had voice-actors... Well, we'd have to hope to whatever god we believe in they'd keep some characters mute; Olimar and Ice Climbers actually talking would scare the crud out of me.

The plot would likely be made longer, and find room to include Wolf, Jiggly, and ToonLink. The Subspace Emissary's plot seems "keepable", by Nintendo standards at least. They'd just lengthen it, fill it with more illogical nonsense, and perhaps add in a few extra plot-holes for viewers to ignore.

No matter what, though, I would watch it, and probably with a Brawl-playing friend as well. Why? Half the scenes in the SSE <coughlucascough> made me almost literally ROTFL; this would be ten times better to make fun of!

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • I don't think it would happen. Even if it did, and Even with it's awesome graphics, It would be pretty weird going to a movie based on a game that used to have absoloutely no story.

Back