• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for a team to make pokemon worth playing again!

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    Dear users,

I would like to create a new pokemon world. I prefer a 2d world with the same pokémon, same adventures, same town names, same people.

The big idea is to make this game accessible for every player in the world that is interested in Pokémon.

This is just a single idea by me, but I would like a team to gather to make it possible to work.

Programmers
    Mappers
    Spriters
    Scripters

you are all welcome to help, if you feel you have what it takes , contact me.

The idea is to make this a free game for people that are interested in playing the game the normal way, people that want to catch very rare items or pokemon, or even find shiny pokemon, can get paid-access and have a higher ratio chance of getting luck by finding rare pokemons.
    This would eventually help us expand the server, and many more if needed.

Hope that people are interested in this

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Okay, this is just out of the question. First you can't get payed or sell a game unless you designed the software. Second specify the game maker you are using. If it is RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, Game Maker, or Sphere(And trust me, there are more) then you definately cannot sell or make profit off your game. These game makers were designed to make free games, though you do have to pay for RMXP, RMVX(I haven't tried the others).

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • What Luke128th said is true. The majority of 2-d game makers (gamer maker, sphere, rpg maker xp or vx) your not allowed to have people pay for. You could how ever develop your own system and everything through like c++ or some other type of languge and make it that way.

Or instead of paying you could have "give aways" just set up a community for the game and have it have a lottery every month or so and who ever wins gets what ever it was for that month.

RMXPokemaniac

Dreamweaver
    Years
  • Okay, this is just out of the question. First you can't get payed or sell a game unless you designed the software. Second specify the game maker you are using. If it is RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, Game Maker, or Sphere(And trust me, there are more) then you definately cannot sell or make profit off your game. These game makers were designed to make free games, though you do have to pay for RMXP, RMVX(I haven't tried the others).

He's not selling the game, he said it would be free. Plus, since when can you not make commercial games with free game makers? You're gonna have to point me to an EULA or something that says so. Also, all the RPG Makers cost money, and yes, you can sell games made with RPG Makers for money.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • the newest version of gamer makers (since yo yo took over) i dont feel like reading it all but it says you can't use it for commercials games. i do beleive 6.5 and under doesn't have that. i read on rmxp.org long time ago you couldnt sell your games.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You are allowed to sell RMXP/VX games - look at Aveyond.

What will get you into trouble is making profit off Pokémon, a copyrighted series.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    You're allowed to sell sphere games as well.

The creator of sphere says he'd prefer it if you don't, but you can if you wish, as long as you include a message stating that sphere itself is free and provide a link to where it can be downloaded.

But yeah, you'd need nintendo's permission to sell any pokemon stuff.

Making fan games that are free is probably slightly illegal actually, but as it's not hurting nintendo's profits they shouldn't mind, if you started charging for it though, they'd probably have you in court within minutes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    i can do mapping and scripting, although i like working on 3D games more i can do this for now

i can do mapping and scripting if u like.

Last edited:
    Back