• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh manga

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
  • This is whre to discuss the Yu-Gi-Oh! Manga instead of teh cartoons. Currenlty I'ves seen 5 volumes of the manga out, and I own Volumes 1-3. It is a pretty interesting Manga. It explains how Jonouchi(joey) Anzu(tea) and Honda(tristan) came to be friends with yugi(yugi :P). And it turns out when Kiaba first faced off with yugi he did not have three blue eues white dragons. And they use weapons, bad language, and all sorts of things in the manga. Anyone else own a volume of this fascinating material? :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The Yu-Gi-Oh! thread in here should also be used to discuss the manga, but... I'm gonna let this stay open. That one is mostly following the anime, and the both the manga and the anime are fairly different, so.... =\

I've got all the Shonen Jumps ('cept one @_@), so I get the english manga that way. I dislike how they translate the sound effects. <_< I've also got volume 23 in French. It's got Battle City in it... from the end of the Yuugi vs Jounouchi duel to the beginning of Yami Bakura vs Yami Yuugi. =o I understand most of it, w00t~ And lastly, I've got volumes 34 and 37 of it in Japanese. XD; It's basically got stuff from the Memory Arc. =o I'm getting the last volume (38) as soon as it comes in, too. ^^;

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I think out of the three I own, My favorite duel is the Digital Pet one. I think it was supposed to mean something. Yugi's pet generally looked like yugi, and Jonouchi's pet acted like Jonouchi. When data was shared and the two pets became friends, in a battle yugi's pet evolved and looked like Yami Yugi. I think that is supposed to mean something, because in the prior duel against Shadi, yami Yugi had defeated Shadi by trusting in Jonouchi, and he declared that the power of the Millenium Puzzle was the unity of his friends. It seems that teh unity that gave him power in reality is what gave his pet power in Virtual Reality. Did any one else notice that connection?

Back