• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few questions concerning PBR

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
Years
  • I'm debating whether or not to get the game. It is like $40 and I don't want to waste money.
    So, Question one.
    Is the game good? Is it worth the money?

Question two.
    When I use my Pokemon from Pearl on that game, are they permanently migrated there, and I can't get them back on the DS, or does it just copy the Pokemon Data? Cause I'm not about to get that game is I have to lose all my Pokemon on Pearl for it.

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • Sooooooooooo many thread answer your 2 questions but here:

1- Depend on people and if you enjoy battles, as you only do battle. Graphics are okay, but could had been better and the gameplay is really easy. The "storymode" is a little easy, but it's a good practice anyway. The real fun start when you go online over Wi-Fi... You can either battle random people, or use PBR FCs to battle friends you already knows...

2- Nope, you lose nothing. Your pokes are only copied onto your PBR file and you can update it whenever you want if your Pearl game had change ;)

Hope it helped you :)

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
  • Yes, that did help. ^^ I may get it.... I dunno.

And yes, I know there are other threads like this, but my stupid internet wouldn't load the freaking search engine. -_-

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • A1: It's awsome game! You can trade friend codes with people who have the game on here and battle them! And make new friends!

A2: No, they stay on your DS it "Copies" the pokemon from the DS to the Wii.

Dragunov

Oracle of Seasons
    Years
  • Yep, it's pretty awesome. I have it. The graphics are great, and there are a lot of different gyms to battle. The random matching for battles is fun, because you can't get that on the DS. It's fun to see all your Pokemon in 3D! Plus, some of the harder gyms are a challenge, so it doesn't get boring.

And yeah, looks like it's been said already, but you don't lose anything from transferring. It just copies stuff. That gets kind of annoying though, because every time you want to change an item your Pokemon is holding, you have to change it on the DS and reload everything. Other than that, great game!

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Glimpse Of PBR

Heres basically what I and other people think of the game as well as the features:
    [assistance=PBR]PBR is a fun game, however, most people think it's a waste of money since all you do is pretty much battle. Transfering Pokemon from Diamond and/or Pearl does not result in loss of data. It simply copies the moves, stats, abillities, and other characteristics in wich those Pokemon have. Instead of a storyline as like the other console games, it has a Coliseum Mode and a DS Battle Mode. The Coliseum Mode is similar to the gym concept in the RPG games. You battle lower rank trainers untill you reach the Coliseum leader. After beating him/her you unlock clothing, money (to buy MORE clothing), and more Coliseums. The DS Mode is played by two people and both are which using their DS to control their Pokemon's movements instead of a Wii Remote. You can also Customize your character's look and appearance with hats, gloves, bags, pants, shirts, etc.

To end this, to me, it is a great game, however, I suggest you look up more on it's features, modes, etc. just to make sure if you will like it.

*Online gameplay is great and lots of fun.
    [/assistance]

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • You also get a surfing volt tackling pikachu, while, not very good in OU, is still a fun little addition to anyone's team. Plus their are TMs, hold items, rare berries and the like you can purchase from the shop as you go. The items abide by the mystery gift rule of only one per game, though, and if a game doesn't accept the gift within a certain timelimit then it goes nowhere. Basically, make sure you haven't already bought something once befor before buying it again, because otherwise you don't get another and you've wasted your hard earned points. and they WILL be hard earned.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I suggest that you have Wi-fi if you do intend to buy it. My brother purchased this game, and has beaten all of the trainers in-game (at least that's his claim) and is now bored with the game. However, he lives in a setting where he has no access to Wi-fi, so perhaps that would have increased the lifespan of the game.

It's a good enough game with decent graphics, good awards, and an acceptable trainer customization system. But it's the Wi-fi that will increase the life of the game, and without it... it is just battling the same NPC's over again.

Ikeziu

Just face it: Maiden pwns you.
    Years
  • 1. If you like to only fight, yes.

2. The data is COPIED, which means that they will still be on your Pearl game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Well, 2's been answered enough, and there isn't any real room for improvement on it, unless no one mentioned you can get a few pokes and items transferred to the DS from PBR, but 1 is opinion, so I'll operate off of that. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't bother playing Pokemon anymore if I didn't have PBR. The one player is kinda boringish, but it's not too hard and you get costumes, prizes, and new stages for fighting out of it, so it's worth it. It's the only way to get a few items without AR or trading. It gives you a random online battle option that's good for testing your new guys out. Also, the online bit is just plain fun, and my main source of entertainment involving Pokemon. There's a DS battle mode where you can play against your friends in the same room. Sure you can do that already, but it's much more exciting on the big screen. Also, there's more rule customization in friend matches (online with friend codes or the same room thing) than on the DS. It's really the internet that makes it good though, so if you don't have wifi and can't connect your wii to a router, then it's definitely not worth it in any way. The biggest problems I see with the game is the wifi is down often enough to be annoying, and that's the key to the game. I think it's worth it for sure if you have wifi, especially if you can make someone else buy it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It is a good game, in my opinion and it only copies your DP PC data.

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
  • A1. A Very fun and addictiing game it is (I got mine for $99.95)

A2. Nope, It only copies your Pokemon so you won't be losing any Pokemon at all.

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • 1. Without WiFi it can get quite boring but I just battle my favourite colloseums over and over to get money to buy clothes to customise all my characters. That can be quite interesting and challenging. And when you get loads of custom passes test them out against each other to practice strategies that can help your Pearl.

2. I don't need to answer this because everyone else already has.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The game's crap and is a waste of money. You'll get tired of it after 5 minutes of playing. It's incredibly shallow beyond belief and it's just a 3D expansion for D/P with online capabilities.

If this was like 15 bucks, it'd be okay, but for $50? Hell no.

Back