• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game theoretics 101

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Have you ever wondered about the mysteries of games like the pit o doom ala mario or infinite ammo? Well im goin to take a realistic take and talk about em!
Warning: if you think mass walls of scientific boring chat is a dull and usless thing turn around. Otherwise have fun if its the opposite!

Pit o doom,getting hurt and losing lives as a cause:
Ok its not a big explanation/rant as the infinte ammo but hey its worth it. Ok first in a game like mario you get hurt or fall down a pit to lose a life/ But wait humans only have one life! True but take it like this. Everytime you lose a life its more of a countdown to the period where you just commit suicide. I mean after falling all those holes or gting a spike in the but wouldnt you? So yeah i explain it like that. Its a hole not an inifinte black hole and lives are really a countdown to suicide.

Infinite ammo:
This one is really intresting how i came up with it. Playing portal i got bored and thought:
If i send a bullet in wouldnt it come out and hit me in the back? So then it hit me! You got a teleporting system working with a cloning device inside the little pistol or big submachine gun. I mean your in a world with great technology wouldnt that explain it?

SO yeah thats all i got and more will come. Just let me play more games with stuff that can be explained with realism or post some ideas and well debate! So im through with this post to see the critisism flow through.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Here's a theory.

The character in the game is actually in an artificially created world, or Cosmosphere. Thousands of years ago, an ancient and advanced race (even by the character's standards) got very bored and decided to create these worlds with their supra-advanced technology. Over time, the worlds were populated with people, animals, and various creatures.

Each world was gifted with a guardian to watch over it, but never to interfere. These Guardians are all artificial beings that manipulate and control certain aspects of the worlds. In order to prevent malfunctions, the Ancients coded key words that could be spoken from anywhere on the planet or in the artificial environs. Each word was coded to a different function and reason.

Later, the Ancients were destroyed in a cataclysmic war, leaving only the worlds they created behind, which proceeded to descend into barbarism, and much of the technology was eventually forgotten and lost.

God Mode

By speaking the proper word, a shield surrounds the user. This was originally designed as a defense mechanism against the enemies of the Ancients, which could be activated in any place that came under attack.

Infinite Ammo

This code taps into any nearby stockpile of the appropriate ammunition and causes ammo to constantly teleport to the user, as long as his or her life force is detected by the system, or until the code is deactivated or the threat expires.

Pits

Pits are pits. Though some were traps designed to keep the enemies of the Ancients off the Cosmospheres. These are usually the ones that are bottomless.

Three Lives

All beings on the Cosmosphere can be cloned and teleported to a safe area close to where they died. The memories of the deceased are inputted into the new clone, as if the clone had experienced those events first hand.

Power Ups (Fire Flower, Mushroom, Mario Stuff)

More defense mechanisms. The Ancients probably figured that their enemies would devise a way past the God Mode shield, so these weapons were installed to be used in that case.

Back