• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Legend of Gaowan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    This Roleplay is based on a fanfic I started writing ages ago, although it is quite different storywise.

Plot: There has been a huge war between dozens of sides. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh have all banded together to defeat Team Galactic, which plans to create a new universe, just like last time. But this time, Cyrus has wisely chosen his allies. Now, Teams Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic have all joined forces. Alongside them, smaller groups of people have also joined their ranks. These Teams are known as Storm, Forest, Beast, Mind and Shadow.

However, not everything is as it seems. The team leaders of Rocket, Aqua and Magma secretly work for the regions. They would have defeated Cyrus long ago, had it not been for the smaller teams, as well a rebellion in the ranks, which caused Giovanni, Archie and Maxie to escape, along with their admins and a handful of Grunts still loyal to the original leaders.

Through a long struggle, the battle lead to Spear Pillar, where one last conflict emerged.

The Teams faced off an army of trainers hired by the regions to defeat these enemies, once and for all. At the head of the army, Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Sliver, Crystal, Brendan, May, Wally, Steven, Lucas, Dawn, Tyson (D/P rival) Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, all the regional professors, gym leaders and Elite Four groups stood. A huge battle raged, and it seemed as though it would be the end of the crimelords' reign. Before they were about to lose, however, Cyrus unleased the power of the Red Chain, and Palkia and Dialga appeared. Their unity summoned Giratina from the beyond, in turn creating a giantic portal, one which summoned the Azure Flute. Reaching for the Flute, Cyrus smirked, and grabbed the object. With one blow, Arceus appeared, and started creating a new universe.

The event caused such a strong effect on the world, it summoned the rest of the legendaries. Mesprit, Alzelf and Uxie attempted to stop the creation of the new universe, but failed.

But something was wrong. Instead of destroying the old universe, it simply sucked in everyone at the event. Thousands of trainers were tossed into a portal, along with the legendary Pokemon.

Blasted into a new world, which you have called Gaowan, you must defeat the evil teams, and colonize this world. If you find a way home, well, that's just a bonus.

But, before we begin, there is something you must know. Unlike the previous world, Gaowan is different. Gaowan is... alive. You would do well not to anger it.

To Sign up, just fill in this simple form in a post. However, I will have a player cap of seven people for the moment. If there are seven people playing, and you wish to play, just PM me, and I'll let you in, or raise the character cap.

Name:
    Pokemon: (If any. No particulary large amount of strong Pokemon. Quality or quantity, you're going to have to choose.)
    Items: (If any. No Master Balls, no more than one of any particulary special items. Pokeballs are not needed, although they will come in handy.)
    Personality:
    History: (Not required.)

Pokemon Info (Only needed if you have pokemon)

Species:
    Nickname: (Not required)
    Attacks:
    Personality:
    Item held: (If any)

Players and their stats will be shown here:

User: FrostFlame
    Name: Maro Sasuke
    Pokemon: None
    Items: Two Potions, Three Pokeballs, ??? Egg.
    Personality: Active and energetic
    History: Unlike most of the people on that fateful day, Maro wasn't a trainer. He was simply there to assist in the victory for the regions by lending support through items, such as Revives. As the battle raged onward, Maro used most of his items, causing him to be in the process of using his last Full Heal as Cyrus used the Red Chain, which indirectly summoned Arceus. Without any Pokemon, Maro can be an easy target in fights, so it would be advised for him to be protected before charging into battles of any large scale.

--------------------------------------

User: blackhayate-x1000
    Name: Sora Kinamoto
    Pokemon: Charmeleon, Riolu, Pidgeotto
    Items: 10 Pokeballs, 10 Super Potions, ??? Egg x2
    Personality: An active boy. Ready to fight at any time, yet relaxed and sincere. Has a bit of an anger issue.
    History: Unknown for now.

Sora's Pokemon

Species: Charmeleon
    Nickname: Kaji
    Level: 21
    Attacks: Flamethrower, Slash, Swords Dance, Brick Break
    Personality: His fighting spirit drives him, but he's nice to Sora, and can be kind to others.
    Item held: Scope Lens

Species: Riolu
    Nickname: Takeshii
    Level: 18
    Attacks:Force Palm, Endure, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut
    Personality: Hyperactive and nice. Is friendly to many other Pokemon, but can hold his own in battle, if need be.
    Item held: Muscle Band

Species: Pidgeotto
    Nickname: Hawkeye
    Level: 20
    Attacks: Aerial Ace, Fly, Feather Dance, Roost
    Personality: A hard worker; Focuses on nothing but the task at hand. Only really warm to Sora and his Pokemon.
    Item held: Sharp Beak

--------------------------------------

User: Pikalover10
    Name:Brandon Scott
    Pokemon: Pikachu,Magmar,Noctowl
    Items: 2potions and 3 pokeballs
    Personality:adventuring. Brandon isn't afraid of basically anything his friends almost always see him running into danger head on.
    History:Brandon didn't actually participate as a trainer before the portal opened although he did have pokemon. His mom was to scared that he was going to get hurt so he stayed and helped his mom with healing the pokemon.

Pokemon info-----

Species: Pikachu
    Nickname: Sparky
    Level:25
    Attacks:Thunder,quick attack, iron tail, and tackle
    Personality:loves going on adventures and rushing into danger like Brandon

Species:Magmar
    Nickname:---
    level:24
    Attacks:Fire Punch,Flamethrower,Smog, and Smokescreen
    Personality:Unlike Sparky and Brandon Magmar doesn't go rushing into battle he likes to play it smart and he thinks his plans out and does them without hesitation

Species:Noctowl
    Nickname:---
    Level:24
    Attacks:Hypnosis,Wing attack, Quick attack, and Steel wing
    Personality:Unlike all of Brandons other pokemon Noctowl doesn't like conflict over land and territory. He likes peace and quite. Noctowl will only fight for sport and fun. He will also fight if he has to.

------------------------

User: The Silent Pidgeot
    Name: Damion
    Pokemon: Raichu(Shox),Ninetales(Blazer),Tropius(Solar)
    Items: Great Ball x3,Revive x2,Super Potion x4
    Personality: Damion Is Very Energetic And Loves To Battle. He Is Very Mischevious, And Gets Into Fights Often.

History: Damion Has No Memory Of His Past Other Then Things Related To Him Being A Trainer. After Losing Almost All his Memory,Damion Had Put Blue Collars On All His Pokemon So He Could Tell Them Apart From Other Pokemon.
    -
    Pokemon Info-

Species: Raichu
    Nickname: Shox
    Level: 29

Attacks:
    Dig,
    Charge,
    Focus Punch,
    Volt Tackle

Personality: Shox Is Very Much Like Damion,Except He Is Less Mischevious. Shox Was Damions First Pokemon,And Was Befriended As A Pichu When Damion Was Taking A Walk.

Item held: Zoom Lens

-

Species: Ninetales
    Nickname: Blazer
    Level: 30

Attacks:
    Flamethrower
    Bite
    Curse
    Fox Fire (Explained In RPG If Anybody Asks)

Personality: Blazer Is Very Majestic,But Still Loves To Fight. Usually Blazer Would Attack Anything Or Anyone Who Asks About Her Fox Fire Attack,But She Has Been Acting Wierdly Scince Damion Lost His Memory.

Item held: Charcoal Or Rawst Berry(Switches Occasionally)

-

Species: Tropius
    Nickname: Solar
    Level: 31

Attacks:
    SolarBeam
    Sunny Day
    Leaf Storm
    Rain Dance

Personality: Solar Is Very Proud Of His Power. But Even For A High Level He cant Beat Sparky. After The Battle Against Shox he has Been Much More Calm. He Can usually Get Heated Up In Battle.

Item held: Miracle Seed

------------------------

User: Serginho
    Name:Sergio dos Santos A.K.A chubby
    Pokemon: eevee,quilava,staravia
    Items: 5 great ball,5 super potion,1 ??? eggs
    Personality:Sergio is really gentle and likes to have fun he always laughs even while there are serious times he does not know to concentrate and laughs.When someone is smarter than he is he does not hold him self in and starts raging and shouting at them
    History: When Sergio was 10 he started his journey in kanto with an eevee and he tried to catch a lot of pokemon but did not know where to start later he heard about johto and he left his eevee which already evolved in to a jolteon and left only with an egg of the jolteon.Soon the egg hatched and the eevee came out of it it battled a cyndaquil and Sergio managed to catch it.Sergio started to get fed up of the johto region and went to the sinnoh region let's say he was at the wrong place at the wrong time he came there and everything seemed to some ok Sergio even caught a starly but not everything was as it seemed he went to the spear pillar and there he saw the whole thing happen the trainers the battle the summoning the new world everything and now....

Pokemon Info

Species: Eevee
    Nickname: shine
    Level:31
    Attacks: iron tail ,shadow ball , bite and quick attack
    Personality:he likes his trainer and is his best pal he is always outside of his pokeball and whenever it gets irritated to Sergio he bites him
    Item held: quick claw

Species: Cyndaquil
    Nickname: blaze
    Level: 28
    Attacks:flame wheel ,flamethrower ,swift ,quick attack
    Personality:He is energetic and would do anything for a bit of training he always tries to get his flame wheel better.
    Item held: charcoal

Species: Starly
    Nickname: birdy
    Level:23
    Attacks:wing attack ,fly ,brave bird ,steel wing
    Personality:This is the shiest member of the team but it is okay she is also the one with the best moveset (and the only one without quick attack)
    Item held: sharp beak

Last edited:

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Name:Sora Kinamoto
    Pokemon: Charmeleon, Riolu, Pidgeotto
    Items:10 Pokeballs, 10 Superpotions
    Personality:An active boy. Ready to fight at any time, yet relaxed and sincere. Has a bit of an anger issue.
    History:-To be revealed...eventually.-

Pokemon Info-------------

Species:Charmeleon
    Nickname:Kaji
    Level:21
    Attacks:Flamethrower, Slash, Swords Dance, Brick Break(Are we limited to only four? If not, I'll add more.)
    Personality:His fighting spirit drives him, but he's nice to Sora, and can be kind to others.
    Item held:Scope Lens

Species:Riolu
    Nickname:Takeshii
    Level:18
    Attacks:Force Palm, Endure, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut
    Personality:Hyperactive and nice. Is friendly to many other Pokemon, but can hold his own in battle, if need be.

Species: Pidgeotto
    Nickname:Hawkeye
    Level:20
    Attacks:Aerial Ace, Fly, Feather Dance, Roost
    Personality:A hard worker; Focuses on nothing but the task at hand. Only really warm to Sora and his Pokemon.
    Item held:
    Sharp Beak

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Great! Welcome to Legend of Gaowan! But first, I need to clear up a couple of things...

Attacks:Flamethrower, Slash, Swords Dance, Brick Break(Are we limited to only four? If not, I'll add more.)

Of course not! But it would be preferable if you would keep to a reasonable amount of attacks for the moment. Not than, say six or seven.

Umm... I don't know what the Muscle Band does, as I don't one. You see, I haven't had Pokemon Diamond all that long, so I don't know what it does. Can you tell me?

Apart from that, everything's perfect! Welcome! I'll put your character on the first post A.S.A.P.

Oh, and one more thing. There will be alot of unexpected elements in this game, so I hope you don't mind random stuff happening, such as new Pokemon, new Attacks, and People getting certain... Abilites. I'll say no more for now.

Anyway, we can start playing now. If anybody wants to join in, they can. But keep in mind, I'll only accept about... seven people at the moment. But if anyone wants to join in, all they have to do is ask. I'd let them in, player cap or no.

Without furthur ado, let the game begin!

--------------------------------

"Ugh."

Maro fell to the ground. He could feel the grass up against his face.

Wait. Grass?

He got up slowly. This was absolutely not Spear Pillar.

Looking around, he realised that Arceus had created another universe. But the Red Chain was not nearly strong enough to contain the mighty deity. Therefore, not all of Cyrus' demands had been achived, and he did not have the time to dispose of his enemies.

He finally noticed where he was. A large plain spread out before him. He could see a long, snaking river, and a large lake only fifteen miles away. Off into the distance, he saw a huge mountain, which went so high, that it touched the clouds. Maro felt drawn to it, as if it was a sort of magnet.

He saw one of the trainers he had met just before the battle. He walked towards the person, and attempted to revive them.

"Hey. Wake up."

Last edited:

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Muscle Band increases Physical Attack Strength.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sora slowly moved around and sat up. He quickly noticed that he wasn't in the Spear Pillar anymore, followed by a startled scream.

"Wah! Where...where am I?!"

He noticed the grass under him, and picked some of it out of the ground.

"Huh...It seems normal enough."

He checked the Pokeballs on the back of his belt. Once he was sure they were all there, he got up, finally noticing your existance.

"Hi! I...uh...don't suppose you know where we are, by chance?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    "I haven't the slightest idea at all. I guess we should just remain here and revive everyone we can."

A strange noise sounded, a sort of mix between a trumpet fanfare and the sound of a firework going off. It came from nearby, although it was hidden from view.

"Or we could investigate that freaky sound."

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    "Maro Sasuke at your service. I think it would be best if we joined forces for now."

The trainer that Maro attempted to revive groaned, and slowly stood up. He thanked Maro, and started to awaken another trainer.

"I think that he can take care of everyone else. How about we set out for the source of the noise? I think it came from over here."

Maro walked off, towards a large rock, which was stuck in the hillside.

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Sora turned to Maro, after waking up a trainer himself.

"Yeah, that would be our best option right now. Come on, Takeshii!"

The Riolu quickly trailed after his trainer, and picked up the pace as Sora rushed over to his new found ally.

"So, what do you think it could have been...?"

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Thread Warning 1

(Already?!)

You guys, sentences like this that end before even taking up half of the screen are totally not okay.

They can't even be counted as a single paragraph.

Please improve the quality of your posts. :| I mean, add something about their surroundings, or something.

Their emotions? Reactions? Expressions? Body Language? There's so much more you could; and should, say.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Thread Warning 1

(Already?!)

You guys, sentences like this that end before even taking up half of the screen are totally not okay.

They can't even be counted as a single paragraph.

Please improve the quality of your posts. :| I mean, add something about their surroundings, or something.

Their emotions? Reactions? Expressions? Body Language? There's so much more you could; and should, say.

I understand. I will make sure that in the future, I'll make sure to add more detail and make sure to improve my posts quality. Thankyou for advising me.

----------------------------

Maro made his way towards the rock. As he approached, he noted that the rock was not altogether... normal, as he could see specks of different colours throughout the stone. When he finally reached the rock, he touched it, and his hand went straight through the "stone".

After coming to grips with the fact that the rock was not what it seemed, Maro attempted to walk right though the rock. He was sucessful, and he managed to enter the rock completely, before falling down into a cavern, which held all the legendary Pokemon, all knocked out and badly injured, their bodies randomly placed about the cavern floor. Maro tensed himself, wondered why the legendaries were in such a state, and waited for Sora and Takeshii to appear.

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Sora watched as Maro walked thru the rock, his hands flying to his mouth quickly, and with a yelp of suprise, realized that Takeshii and himself should follow. He quickly ran into the rock, and, startled by the sudden fall, screamed at a very hich pitch.

"WAAAAAAAAAA~AAAAHHHH!!!!!"

He hit the ground with a lod thud, Takeshii landing on his head safely soon after. He then looked up, and, seeing Maro tense and the strewn-out bodies of the Legendaries, gasped. He quickly stood up, and clenched his fists.

"What is the meaning of this!?", He demanded suddenly, as if expecting an answer from the void.

And, when nothing responded, he looked at Maro, with a questioning look, yet at the same time, still trying to assess what could have possibly happened. He started to say something, but trailed off before even really starting a word. He then grabbed the other two Pokeballs, and threw them down.

"Kaji! Hawkeye! Search the area for anything suspicious!", he commanded, then turned to Maro again. "What do you think could have happened to them? Do you think they'll be okay?"

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Maro ignored Sora for a moment, still all tensed up from the recent turn of events. Taking a few steps forward, he knelt down and touched a nearby legendary, Entei. "I... I don't know. Already, within just a few minutes of entering this world... Remarkable..." murmered Maro, not altogether listening or thinking about what Sora was talking about. He closed his eyes, trying to think about what to do.

Entei groaned. Maro's eyes shot open, and he noticed a shining white light. The light cascaded upon the legendaries, making them seem to be nothing more than white models of themselves. Not a single legendary remained. Among the ranks of the legendaries, other shapes, ones that Maro had never seen until the last moment before the legendaries were lifted up into the sky, exploded in another cascade of light, and formed themselves into eggs, and were blasted across Gaowan.

Maro turned to Sora. "What do you think that was?" He said with a nervous grin on his face. Then, another bright light appeared, and the cavern disapeared. Maro, Sora, Takeshii, Kaji and Hawkeye were left on the hillside. "Okay, this is really getting weird."

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Sora quickly responded to what had happened, at the same time checking that all his pokemon were unscathed.

"What the...What just happened!? Why are we on the hillside again!? Argh, this is all so...so...confusing!"

Sora returned his pokemon to their balls, and began to look around the area, as if he was looking for answers. He began to check the ground, looking for some trace of evidence of what could have possibly happened.

"Wait.", Sora uttered. "I think...someone is controlling this area. That's...what I'm getting from this. There'sgot to be someone, somewhere, messing with our heads..."

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    "That's right, but who would have that kind of power? Without the legends, Cyrus has no power like this. Hmmm... We should get over to the other trainers, and quickly!" With that, Maro sprinted up the hill, thinking about everything that had just happened in general. Meanwhile, ontop of the hill, most of the trainers where up, and organising themselves.

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Sora grabbed his head in pain. He had a massive headache suddenly, and began to think; he'd had the same thing happen right before they had warped in the first place.
    "Ugh...this is...It's painful..."
    Sora didn't know what was going on, but he intended to find out.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Thread Warning 2

One paragraph minimum per in-character post.

At least make your posts this long:

Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Maro finally made his way to the top of the hill. There, trainers were all gathered around, talking to each other. Then, Tyson walked up to the front of the group, and asked for silence. The talking drained itself into a murmur, and then into nothing. Tyson began to speak. He talked about the need for finding a way out of this world, and to find a way back home. He declared that it would be best that a town would be established, and that people would have to work that for that to be done. After a mass agreement, everyone left, searching for things that could be used to make houses. A wood, about a kilometre away, would contain all the materials needed to build shelter. Do you agree to go to the wood?

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Sora nodded as Tyson spoke, wondering himself how his family was, and how he was going to get back to the ones he left behind. He looked up at the sky. 'How deep and wondrous', he thaught to himself, remembering what he had been doing just before the trip to the Spear Pillar. Sora then looked around the area. It was...like how the world was, before civilization. No buildings or streets, no hubbub of the passing citizens. It was peaceful. Sora enjoyed that, and took a breath of the fresh, crisp air.

"I'm all for it., Sora agreed, finally coming back to consiousness. "Let's go!"

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Maro ran to the forest, being the energetic kid he is. He soon found himself in the middle of an overgrown forest. Waiting for Sora to catch up, he saw a clearing ahead. Over there, there was a stream with something yellow floating down it, a small tree with something orange ontop of it, and a small patch of loamy soil. Still waiting, and out of breath, Maro sat down in the clearing, hoping that Sora would come soon. He quickly dozed off. (Here, you can investigate the clearing, and look around at the things here. Other things will come later, but it would be advised to observe everything here at the moment.)

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Sora followed quickly, and the first thing he noticed was the soil. He responded to his sight with a quick laugh, and ran to the soil, planting a beat-up Sitrus Berry, in hopes that it would plant. He released Kaji, and told him to watch it. The Charmeleon was suddenly adamant in his job. Sora ran then to the river, to see what that yellow object was, sending out Hawkeye as he ran.

"Hawkeye! Go see what that orange thing ontop of the tree is!", he commanded, athority slightly present in his voice.

Hawkeye nodded, and then soared up to the treetop, and began watching the orange object. Sora decided to take this chance, while closely watching whatever the yellow thing was, to soak his aching feet. He took off his shoes and socks, and dipped his feet in, followed by a sigh of relief and comfort.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back