• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ranch or Revolution?

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I was wondering what you guys think is better. I mean I would LOVE to have online 3D battles , but my pc boxes are full to bursting
    Ranch or Revolution?
    and I could really do with that mew you can get from Hayley, but then again you get Magmortar & Electivire on PBR. So which do you think is better?
    Also should I get one/both of them or are they not worth bothering about?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Honestly, if you're going to do any sort of collecting, go for Ranch but plan eventually for Platinum. The 1000-Pokemon storage is very useful, but being able to keep them on-hand is even more so.

TehQiGl

Feraligatr Mastah
    Years
  • I'd definitely choose Ranch over PBR, mostly because I have way too much fun with Ranch, and not enough of it with PBR. Plus, Mews are, overall, more useful than Electivire and Magmortar, as it has been rather hard to obtain a legit Mew in the past.

Plus, Ranch is much cheaper, and I continue to enjoy it, even after about 2 weeks of owning it.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • Well, in your case, you'd probably want My Pokemon Ranch, since you can have online battles on DP.

And, the Mew and extra storage can come pretty handy. (And you can see your Pokemon in Mii form!)

KingKombat

Intermediate Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    depends. you should get them both as you can see full 3D in PBR, but the storage is convenient for My Pokémon Ranch. But if you can only get one, MPR is ideal.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Another thing to note is that, according to some people, Magmortar and Electivire are not available in the english game without a special event code. It's not something you can just play through and get. At the same time, know that the Mew Hayley gives you isn't necessarily all that good. at least not the one I got, and as I understood it all event pokemon are exactly the same.

My honest opinion? get both, if you can. PBR can get you a surfing volt tackling light ball carrying female pikachu, at the very least, and random onlines are fun. Ranch gets you a hayley phoney and Mew, plus there's the extra storage, and the other pokemon she trades you, which are pretty nice as well. (Every pokemon she trades you is holding something valuable, whether it's a rare berry, or an evolution stone.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Another thing to note is that, according to some people, Magmortar and Electivire are not available in the english game without a special event code. It's not something you can just play through and get. At the same time, know that the Mew Hayley gives you isn't necessarily all that good. at least not the one I got, and as I understood it all event pokemon are exactly the same.

Just to clarify on this, yes you need a specific code for the Electivire & Magmortar, but that code is readily available on Serebii. Also, the idea that all the Pokemon of a certain event are the same is not quite accurate. While the nature, characteristic, and such can be set in stone at times, the IVs will still differ. In the case of Hayley's Mew, nothing about it is set in stone aside from the moveset, so it can vary a lot between owners.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Well then my Hayley's Mew sucked then, because it had a Hardy Nature. -.- It's IVs were also best suited for a defender than anything else.

Back