PDA

View Full Version : Free Graphics Software

pokejungle
August 14th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I was thinking of downloading The Gimp, but are there any other free graphics programs?

Thomas
August 14th, 2004, 09:34 PM
The ultamate free GFX program is called....MS PAINT! I use it for every single thing that I do. I know that it has no special text features or special bgs. Well, at least it has a text feature. You have every possible color in the program. Also, if you want a special bg...search for one on google. They have a million of them! MS Paint, It will solve your basic GFX needs.

lighterhead2001
August 15th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Dude, I had the Gimp...It stinks badly..I figured it out but just download a free trial of something..or just use the ultimate ms paint

http://www.hhs.homewood.k12.al.us/edgewood/paint.html here is a good tutorial.

pokejungle
August 15th, 2004, 03:34 PM
MS paint????? NOOOOOOOO!

I use it for everything and it comes out badly! -_-

TRIFORCE89
August 15th, 2004, 05:20 PM
I use Microsoft Paint and CoffeeCup GIF Animator. I always save as Bitmaps, then use the GIF Animator to convert it to GIF (not always just animation). I also use ReaConverter Pro to convert to other formats, since Paints messes up the colour usually if you try to save as soemthing other than Bitmap.

^ All FREE! CoffeCup is a 14 day trial, but even after 14 days it still works. It'll say your trial expires in a negative amount of days. O_o

Sadly, I have nothing special (I have Maya. It's a 3D animation program, but I don't think that's what you want). I want Photoshop and a scanner and hopefully a tablet, but I've never gotten around to it.

Cool Cr@cker
August 15th, 2004, 05:50 PM
MS paint????? NOOOOOOOO!

I use it for everything and it comes out badly! -_-

What the heck!MS Paint is *Hot*HOT*HOT!And you can use it for everything except GIF Animating!!It's the best tool out there man.so try learning how to utilise it!
ANd the second best is Adobe Photoshop!

pokejungle
August 15th, 2004, 06:06 PM
MS paint is ok......but....you can't make image links on it!

Takuyas_Angel
August 15th, 2004, 06:11 PM
i agree cuz it is, i use it when i make my trainer cards! and if you want to have image links try http://photobucket.com/ you can add them there and get img links

pokejungle
August 15th, 2004, 06:28 PM
No, I mean you can't make parts of the image link to somewhere.....

Sakura and Espeon
August 16th, 2004, 06:37 AM
You can't make layers in Paint so it would make it harder. ^_^

pokejungle
August 16th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Ok, thanks ^_^

First thing I made:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/pokejungle/suta-raitoPJN-FINISHED.gif

What Did I do to it?
-Added text

Thanks suto-raito.com for the template!

Castrainer
August 16th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Cool Button, Jungle!
Suta-Raito have great templates =p

pokejungle
August 16th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Agreed!

Can you really make layouts on MS paint???

Castrainer
August 16th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Sure! Its not too easy but its not dificult either ^_^

Cool Cr@cker
August 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Well Pokejungle.Guess you are right!!!!That button's cool!!!!!
But many use only MS paint for their requirements!ANd can you give me the link to the suto-raito Site!ANd What all does it have!

pokejungle
August 17th, 2004, 06:44 AM
www.suto-raito.com

It's an AWESOME site ^_^ We got that Ralts from there, and I think the ledyba too [on the forum layout things]