• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Starter Editor Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • Hello.
    linkandzelda here.

I have recently become a member of Pokespam so ive started to make tools.
    This is my first project a D/P Starter editor. It's my first ever tool ive made so it's nothing special.
    This is a Pokespam inc release.

Features

* The ability to change the starters (duh!)

* The ability to change the pokemon you battle after you receive your starter.

Screenshots

screenqw1.jpg

Note: Ignore the Apple theme. Thats just my visual theme.
    It does NOT run on MACS.

Credits

Made by Pokespam.
    Programmed by linkandzelda.
    Starter selection research by gamefreakfatty.
    Battle research by gabe_k

Download

Here

Years
  • linkandzelda, I'll be trying to get Starter Levels to you soon, although i'm quite sure all the starters have to be the same level :( i mean its kinda obv. but i still think there should be a way to edit, in a more complicated way, the stats of the pokemon >.< but i don't know anything about the ROMs, just the code, so meh

mac skinned screenshots = nub, u should take shots on my sextop :P

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • "The application failed to initialize properly. (0x0000cx) (Or something) Click OK To Terminate the program"Keep getting the same error. Can anyone help? I Don't want to revert to A-Starter where you can't even edit the level...

Penumbra

Years
  • the framework thing couldn't be installed because I had to install something else before installing that, and I needa pay for that something else O_O yea...

A-Starter it is -_-
    Oo A-Starter is leet! Level and item now!

Yours doesn't have item editor for the starter, does it?
    you really need to update yours to compete with the others...

Last edited:
    Years
  • the framework thing couldn't be installed because I had to install something else before installing that, and I needa pay for that something else O_O yea...

A-Starter it is -_-
    Oo A-Starter is leet! Level and item now!

Yours doesn't have item editor for the starter, does it?
    you really need to update yours to compete with the others...

lol shush u

linkandzelda is new, don't be too harsh on him, and really, don't blame him for your incompetence on the framework; you don't have to pay for .NET, idk wtf you're talking about... -_- what OS are you using, LMAO?

oh, and A-Starter isn't for Diamond and Pearl. like, srsly, k? get brains. nao.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Can you fix it so while choosing your starter, the sprites change too? The sprites are still Chimchar, Turtwig, and Piplup when I choose the starter. (In briefcase)

Years
  • If they were sprites they'd- gah. Use the word sprite if you want. After all, I could be wrong, but I severely doubt it. They're something else. Pseudo-sprites you could say.

We don't know how to edit those. Look in some .NARCs or something, we can't find it yet... We're working on it.

Penumbra

Years
  • Lmfao. you need to get your facts straight. I wasn't being too harsh. I was saying he needs to add more features if he want's this program to be considered better than other starter-editors.

and also, i downloaded framework, and it needed something else to run, and to get that i had to get some validation code just to paste it in and see that i have to pay 199$ for something.

I'm not using OS you spazmic kid, nor am I saying his program is crap. Neither did I go to harsh nor will I let up just because he's new. calm down.

Years
  • Lmfao. you need to get your facts straight. I wasn't being too harsh. I was saying he needs to add more features if he want's this program to be considered better than other starter-editors.

Did you even read the other part of my post? This is the best starter editor for Diamond and Pearl ever made. Well, most functional; maybe not most eloquent. But he just started programming! Name one starter editor that has the functions his has for Diamond and Pearl. Let me repeat the words Diamond and Pearl a few more times.

and also, i downloaded framework, and it needed something else to run, and to get that i had to get some validation code just to paste it in and see that i have to pay 199$ for something.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm not going to touch on how stupid you are even...

I'm not using OS you spazmic kid, nor am I saying his program is crap. Neither did I go to harsh nor will I let up just because he's new. calm down.

You're running no operating system? Good. That makes it a lot easier to pack up your computer and return it, because you have no idea what you're doing.

For your information, I was calm, prior to reading this post. I got a little irked at your comment about A-Starter, as that software isn't even for the same game- even so, I only responded with some badly written joking around... Now that you've insulted me, and announced to the entire forum you're a moron, I'm actually really angered. Completely not calm! Extremely- no, just kidding, I'm just slightly irked again.

It's you that should get your facts straight. There's a reason we program, and you use our programs. We know more about the games, and programming, and computers, than you do! That doesn't mean we're superior people, or some elitist crap that you're going to say I was pulling, it simply means you should respect us and we'll respect you.

Thanks.

Years

I hate to tell you that mike does have most of his facts straight. First thing is this does more then any starter editor for DP yet. Note I said DP, not GBA, DP is different, deal with it. Also, his program is not crap, your computer is just a steaming pile of ****.

They're not sprites, are they, they're tile stuff, just like Professor Birch is in that intro. >.<? Right? *confused*

No... They're sprites.

Nope sprites. The ones inside the briefcase. I need em to be Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur for my hack.

That's kinda too bad :/ We don't know how to, so your on your own.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back