• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBR Question

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • I battle a lot of people on PBR on Wi-Fi and they have tons of pokemon that don't seem legit to me. Like this one guy, Shiny Latios, knows Earthquake. Is that even possible? So, people get hacks through the system, even gts on d/p and I was wondering, if there was a certain way to tell weather a pokemon used on Wi-Fi is legit or not.

Please and Thank you

Dark_Aero

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    This belongs in the console games discussion. *Reports*

But yeah, it's possible. Latios learns earthquake via tm. Just check serebii if you're unsure of a pokes moveset.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • PBR blocks Pokémon only if they have illegal moves, or their EVs exceed 255 in a certain stat or 510 altogether. Event Pokémon such as Darkrai that have special moves have special flags that the game reads to ensure that they are legit. Same with the Movie Shaymin, since it knows Seed Flare at Lv. 50 when it naturally learns this move much higher.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Okay, I'll check the Serebii thing but my friend used his hacked pokemon on my PBR on my Wii, on my memory card and he got them through.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, Only unfair pokemon are not allowed on this game but gTS is a mystery to me.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Okay, I'll check the Serebii thing but my friend used his hacked pokemon on my PBR on my Wii, on my memory card and he got them through.

Like DD said, if it stays withing the bounds of possibility then it gets through. Your friend could have given it shininess, pokerus, max IVs, max EVs , PP maxes and an extremely hard to breed moveset and so on, but that is a plausible (If impossibly hard to obtain) pokemon so PBR cannot pick up on it.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Like DD said, if it stays withing the bounds of possibility then it gets through. Your friend could have given it shininess, pokerus, max IVs, max EVs , PP maxes and an extremely hard to breed moveset and so on, but that is a plausible (If impossibly hard to obtain) pokemon so PBR cannot pick up on it.

none of that, he used my pokemon modifier on my ar and got em through, both in masterballs, it was lvl100 Blazekin and lvl100 Sceptile

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • PBR blocks Pokémon only if they have illegal moves,

*Cough* Lvl 100 Starly with Explosion *Cough*

The thing about PBR is hackers who want to put their hacked Pokemon on WiFi and beat everyone up with them always make the Pokemon as powerful as physically legitimately possible. But it's possible to go further, some people don't realise that if you keep the EVs legit, the method of obtaining it reasonable and abilities correct you could occasionallly sneak the odd illegal move such as Thunderbolt on an electric type that can't normally learn it.

So, just be warned and always check the Serebii.net Pokedex just to check their moves and if it is illegal it's likely to be powerful so take the guy's friend pass.

Back