• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer, Breeder, Coordinator, and Ranger

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
Years
  • Okay, many pokemon Fans are getting tired of the same storyline in all of the past and future pokemon games. They've come out with being a pokemon master in most games, then they started to make games where you are a PKMN Ranger.
    What would you think if they made a game where you must become a top cooridnator/breeder instead? And in the game you must have to enter as many contests as possible that change on various days. And when you finally gain five ribbons you must enter the Grand Festival. Along the journey you must come up with great combinations and techniques along with training your pokemon to be in the best condition they could ever be in.
    What would you think of a new pokemon game like that???

Sir Matt

Ultimate Trainer of Dragons
    Years
  • Okay, many pokemon Fans are getting tired of the same storyline in all of the past and future pokemon games. They've come out with being a pokemon master in most games, then they started to make games where you are a PKMN Ranger.
    What would you think if they made a game where you must become a top cooridnator/breeder instead? And in the game you must have to enter as many contests as possible that change on various days. And when you finally gain five ribbons you must enter the Grand Festival. Along the journey you must come up with great combinations and techniques along with training your pokemon to be in the best condition they could ever be in.
    That would be so cool. Another cool one would be Ruin Hunter, and you would get to hunt down all the runes and legendary pokemon.

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
  • That sound like a pretty cool idea, although that has about enough chance of happening as a remake of pokemon gold and silver. Not saying it couldn't happen just saying it has a very slim chance.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • To tell you my honest opinion, I believe that is how Gamefreak and Nintendo plan to play out Johto; a spin-off game.
    I mean, Nintendo loves to make money off the Pokémon franchise in any possible way they can. The way I see it, a game all about Pokémon Coordination would be a perfect game for the audience they lack; females. Yes, the female fan base of Pokémon has increased dramatically over the recent years, however; I believe Nintendo is still trying to rake in that extra money by focusing on the cute factor that is Pocket Monsters. Pokémon Channel is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. If they made a Coordinator game, girls who idolize May and Dawn will flock to them.
    (Not saying that males wouldn't either. I would probably be waiting in line to get one as well. ;D)

People want a Johto remake, and I believe Nintendo and Gamefreak could play out the Coordinator game quite well in that region. Plus, it is widely known that May, and other "famous" coordinators, went off to Johto to compete in the festivals there. What a perfect setup if you ask me!

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • The idea would make a good game if it had some plot into it. What would be the motive for becoming the greatest coordinator? Would the challenge be only in winning the contests? Would it have any other significant characters than the one player is?
    Maybe, if the player was May or some other known character, the game could have visiting stars like Dawn, Misty or some male trainer from any of the games. And the archenemy of May could be this evil guy who wants to misuse his power and publicity as a top coordinator... There could also be a money price involved, so that May could stop this evil guy from getting the money for whatever purpose it is he wants to have it. The game could also have a minigame for catching new Pokémon, but not like the one in Pokémon Ranger, rather something that suits the concept more.

It could be done in 3D, too, like Battle Revolution and such games, and as Hiidoran said, it could really be a major cash magnet for Nintendo. So, why not?

Last edited:

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    That would be a rele cool idea/thought!!! but I doubt nintendo would do that or w/e... lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Okay, many pokemon Fans are getting tired of the same storyline in all of the past and future pokemon games. They've come out with being a pokemon master in most games, then they started to make games where you are a PKMN Ranger.

That would be great! I would soo buy that!^^
    Well along with Platinum.^~^

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
  • A game in the style of a fighting game. You control the Pokemon teams of famous characters from the manga and fight, the four controller buttons control the 4 Pokemon moves, they can be combined and controlled depending on how you use them...

For example lets take Hitmonchan. A could be "Fire Punch", performed with his left fist, B could be "Ice Punch" performed with his right fist. Pressing A,B,A and he'll do a little fire, ice, fire combo... Or forward forward A will do a powerful lunging Fire Punch attack... And yeah, anyone who's played a fighting game will understand how they work. I think it could be really fun combined with Pokemon.

Another idea would be an RPG style game set in a time before Pokemon Trainers, harnessing magic etc. The Pokemon aren't your allies they're your enemies.

Pokemon Hybrids! Humans and Pokemon fused into one :3 That would be so cool...

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I wouldn't be opposed to this idea, but I think if it had any chance of actually happening they'd have to totally redo the way contests work in the games. At the moment, contests are just kind of... boring, if you ask me. There isn't really anything about them that makes them draw me in time and time again. Now, if they would do the contests like they were done in the anime, that might be a different story. With an appeal round, and then two+ rounds of battles; that might actually be okay. But a game with just the current contest system... yeah, I don't know how that'd do.

And, like somebody mentioned above, I think a storyline would need to be incorporated, with the legendary pokemon for that region of course. And, as always, have appearances from the various villainous teams for each region appear as well.

+Golden Weavile+

Ev Trainer / Iv Breeder
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    Okay, many pokemon Fans are getting tired of the same storyline in all of the past and future pokemon games. They've come out with being a pokemon master in most games, then they started to make games where you are a PKMN Ranger.
    Thats A Pretty Good Idea
    I Hope They Do Make One Like That

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I always thought it would be fun to have a Pokémon variant on Harvest Moon. Where you're a breeder and pokémon act as livestock.

I'd probably buy any pokémon game that gave more insight to the pokémon world as long as it wasn't a cheap cash-in, i.e. Pokémon Dash.

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
  • Okay so what if the make this new coordinator game, but for the nintendo DS. With the touch screen you can create your appeal and the way it should look, like in the anime. Then the gather up the top four and have a contest battle in the game, with a set time of 5 minutes and the points you lose. What do you think of that???

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    A Game like that would be awesome,but they would have to revamp the current contests a bit.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Whats happening to my posts? I know I posted here but anyway, I would be a Coordinator/Trainer. Im good at both as well as breeding.

Back