• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Reputation-giving

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • I probably know the answer to this already, but I'll ask just incase: Are you supposed to be able to see who gives you good/bad rep? If not, why? Also, what's stopping people from writing their name in their comment when they give rep?

Just curious.

Zet

Years
  • when people write there names in rep, I guess it's that they want you to know who gave you it. Now as for members, supporters and moderators(not sure about super moderators and assistant administrators) they can't see who gave you rep unless that person writes their name in the comment. I think the reason as to why we can't see who gave us rep is because if it was bad rep, you'd probably go flaming the person(not that I'm judging you or anything)

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • when people write there names in rep, I guess it's that they want you to know who gave you it. Now as for members, supporters and moderators(not sure about super moderators and assistant administrators) they can't see who gave you rep unless that person writes their name in the comment. I think the reason as to why we can't see who gave us rep is because if it was bad rep, you'd probably go flaming the person(not that I'm judging you or anything)

Lol, no...I was just asking out of pure curiosity. I always knew you could never see the name of whoever gave you rep, I just never knew why.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Mods can see who gave them rep, btw. And so can the rest of staff.

We don't have it enabled for you to see because if you get negative rep (Not you, specifically) then most people would be upset that they had just received bad reputation and it can lead to flaming and just fighting in general. Obviously we staff can see who gave them rep because we're trusted enough not to go and flame the member for giving us negative rep. Some of the newer members and easily angered ones too will cause a fight though, because it's not fun to get negative rep, especially when it's not a big deal. >;

So, there you go.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Mods can see who gave them rep, btw. And so can the rest of staff.

We don't have it enabled for you to see because if you get negative rep (Not you, specifically) then most people would be upset that they had just received bad reputation and it can lead to flaming and just fighting in general. Obviously we staff can see who gave them rep because we're trusted enough not to go and flame the member for giving us negative rep. Some of the newer members and easily angered ones too will cause a fight though, because it's not fun to get negative rep, especially when it's not a big deal. >;

So, there you go.

Thank you Feiku.

A mod can close this if he or she wishes.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I actually have another question regarding this. With reputation points, I've given some to tons of different people. It then tells me I have to "spread some rep around" before I give it to the same person again. When it says this, I'm confused, how many people must I rep before I can rep the same again? Obviously I understand this prevents users from giving friends endless reputation points, but quite honestly I do it in moderation. When a fellow member/friend does something awesome that they deserve it for, I'd like to give it to them.

But of course, I'm just wondering how much the "spread around" calls for. :P

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • That's not too bad. I just lost track of how many people I rep'd for good things in the last month, I just knew it was a lot. So then I go to rep a friend for something different and it gave me that message, so I was like "Jeez, what it is, 50-100 or something?"

Thank you, good Admin. ^_^

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • It's pointless hiding the name of positive reputation full stop, but hiding the name of negative reputation is also pointless because it's usually bleedingly obvious who did it anyway.
    * Score_Under grumbles about people he won't name

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • We can't turn on the name for just positive rep or just negative rep anyway. It's names on for all or none. :/ We just think it's a lot better with none.

Back