• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Journey: Sinnoh Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
  • Rating: PG-13
    Categories: Manga.
    This fic is based on the Pokemon Sinnoh manga series and I will add my own twists and turns to it:)

I also got Turtleking approved of me using the chapters like his:)

(Damion just looks like the rival in the game I got as close as I could to him:))

Chapter List:
    Volume 1:

Chapter 1: Vs. Piplup

Chapter 2: Vs. Starly

Chapter 3: Vs. Mamoswine

Chapter 4: Vs. Turtwig

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years

• Chapter 1:​

VS. Piplup​

It was a warm summer's day. The sun was shining brightly with the Starly outside flapping around the town fountain for a cool drink of water. Today was a special day. Max, a young boy at the age of 12, was going to start his pokemon journey in the Sinnoh Region today. He rushed out of his very messy room, down his rikedy stairs, into his old kitchen.

"I'm going mom!" Max called grabbing his light backpack that he packed the day before.

"Ok honey. I'll see you later." Max's mom said pulling him to her and hugging him tightly.

"Ok mom. I got to go." Max said pulling away from her.

"Ok, but don't forget your letter." Max's mom said.

Max stopped in his tracks almost falling to the ground. He swiftly turned around and grabbed the crumpled letter off of the old wooden table and left. He closed the door ever so quietly and smelled the fresh air. Max looked down at Ken's pokeball. Ken was his first and most loyal pokemon, Poliwag. He caught Poliwag by saving him from a poacher in the forests near Twinleaf Town, his home town.​

Max looked over one house down waiting for Damion to come pounding out of his house. Damion and Max have been best friends since preschool and have been rivals since kindergarten too. Max's ultimate goal is to defeat Damion, but he wants Damion to put up a good fight.​

Damion soon came rushing out of his house with his letter neatly folded in his hand while Max's was all crumpled up in his palm. Max stood there waiting as Damion came up to Max.​

"Come on Max lets go." Damion said.​

Max nodded and they walked towards Sandgem Town. They walked quietly they both didn't talk much except for the occasional question as to why they wanted to start their journey and such. Max looked down at the pokeballs that Damion had. One of the round red and white spheres contained a Larvitar while the other five Damion carried had none. Max looked down at Ken and wanted to send him out, but Damion always made fun of Ken and how supposed weak Ken was.​

Max looked forward noticing that they were almost to Sandgem when he heard a faint cry. He looked back and so did Damion. There was a girl wearing a short dress that was pink, with buttons that made it look like a jacket, pink boots, a white hat, pink barrets, and a white scarf, and her hair was blue with brown eyes.​

"Help us please!" the girl cried.​

"What's wrong?" Max asked.​

"Professor Rowan fell into Lake Verity while doing research." the girl said panting heavily.​

"What?" the two boys said simutaneously.​

They looked at eachother with great caution and ran towards Lake Verity. They knew the route well for they played together along this route and at Lake Verity too. They soon came to the huge lake. It was beautiful with the sun reflecting off of it. Max ran to the lake first and dived in. He could hold his breath longer then Damion and looked all over the place for Professor Rowan. He picked up Ken's pokeball and called him out. Ken popped out of a blinding white flash.​

"Poli!" Ken said.​

Max looked at Ken knowing that Ken could tell what he wanted Ken to do from the expression on his face. Ken nodded and joined in the search to. Max could find no trase of the professor. He began losing air and quickly swam to the surface.​

"Did you find him Max?" Damion asked.​

"No not yet, but I've got Ken on the search to, and before you say anything about Ken we've got worse matters on our hands." Max said.​

Damion nodded and Max took another breath of water and dived underwater again.​

"Poli!" Ken said from somewhere.​

Max swam to the direction he heard Ken's voice and soon found the little pokemon. Rowan was sitting there contained by a bunch of Piplup and Prinplup. Max flinched and cautiosly swam towards Rowan. He stopped in front of him and slowly grabbed the proffessor. He then quickly pulled the professor to him and swam swiftly up. This angered one of the Pilups causing it to come after them. Max noticed this and swam even faster. He came above the water and got Rowan in the girl's hands with Damion. Max pulled himself onto land and got Ken out too.​

Max sighed and sat there. Then the Piplup jumped out of the water and surprised Max. Max fell on Ken's pokeball, causing Ken to return to his pokeball. Max got up accidently slapping Ken's pokeball into the lake.​

"Waah. Ken!" Max said.​

Max got up and ran to the lake. Pilup ran over and knocked Max to the ground and stood there angrily.​

"Ouch." Max said getting up.​

"Wait. Are you the two trainers who were supposed to get their pokemon today?" the girl asked.​

"Yes, they are. Now give the boy against Piplup, Chimchar." Professor Rowan said grunting.​

"Ok sir." the girl said.​

She opened up her backpack and pulled out a pokeball. She tossed it to Max who grabbed it.​

"Ok. Go, pokemon!" Max said throwing the pokeball in the air.​

A orange monkey with a flame for a tail appeared.​

"Chimchar!" it said.​

"A Chimchar." Max said "Ok. Use Scratch!"​

Chimchar ran over and scratched the Piplup's face with its sharp claws. Pilup covered its face and then ran over at the Chimchar. It hit its stomach causing Chimchar to fall to the ground temporarily cringing.​

"Chimchar get up and use Scratch again." Max said.​

Chimchar slowly got up and then ran at the Piplup. Chimchar first grabbed the Piplup's arm and then scratched it with full power. The Piplup cried out in pain and then disappeared in a red light engulfing it.​

Damion had thrown a pokeball at it to capture it! The pokeball wriggled left, then right, then left, and then finally stopped and clicked shut. Damion had caught the Pilup.​

"Thanks Max. I was going to choose Piplup anyway." Damion said retrieving the pokeball.​

"Well, anyway I guess those are the pokemon you wish to have?" Rowan asked.​

The two boys nodded and then Max remembered Ken.​

"Ken!" Max said scrambling over to the lake.​

He stuck his head underwater and saw the pokeball. He reached down and grabbed it. He came out and put the pokeball on his belt and then looked over at the Chimchar who was smiling rather big.​

"Well, I guess Hiroshi here should give you two you're surprises." Rowan said.​

Hiroshi nodded and then opened her bag again. She pulled out two red mechanical devices.​

"These are pokedexs. They record data on every single pokemon you meet. We want you two to record data on every single pokemon there is." Hiroshi said handing them the devices.​

Max nodded and looked at the Chimchar.​

"I think I'll call you... Firestar. You like it?" Max asked.​

The Chimchar jumped up and down clappin its hands.​

"Chimchar!" It said excitedly.​

Max smiled and started laughing.​

END​

(Next Chapter. Chapter 2. Vs. Starly)​

Last edited:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Your chapters are relatively short. Also, you have to branch out into your own style. I have no problem with you doing your chapters like mine, but other people won't approve of it and state that you lack originality. I advise you to do something on your own if you really want to be respected as an author. In a way, I can sense that your chapters are very similar to my early chapters and I'll admit that I'm slightly annoyed by it, but not that much. Just remember to come up with your own style and you'll be fine. :)

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Chapter 2:​

Vs. Starly

Max stood up ready to leave the area.​

"Hey Max. I want to have a race against you. First one to get their five badges first wins." Damion said.​

Max grinned and nodded. He was willing to face any battle Damion threw at him. Max picked the tired Fire star up and put him on his shoulder. Firestar yawned and quickly dozed off. Max smiled and then looked at Hiroshi. She was putting her stuff into her bag and was getting ready to leave when she noticed Max looking at her.​

"What?" she asked.​

"Oh. Uh. Nothing." Max said looking away.​

He left Lake Verity and came upon the route to Sandgem Town. He continued along the old dirt path. As he walked kicking up gritty dust. He came to were him and Damion met Hiroshi and stopped. He looked back but saw nobody. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders. He continued walking when a bird flew by and pecked his head.​

"Wah!" Max said.​

He rubbed his head and saw the pokemon. It was a Starly. He squinted his eyes and then woke Firestar up.​

"Come on. Lets teach this Starly a lesson." Max said.​

Firestar groggily nodded his head and jumped down in frotn of the Starly.​

"Firestar use Scratch!" Max said.​

Firestar ran at the Starly and jumped in midair. The Starly took flight and hit Fire star knocking him to the ground. Firestar got up swiftly and ran at the Starly. He scratched a few feathers off its right wing, causing it to fly staggering instead of normaly.​

"Firestar use Scratch again!" Max said.​

Starly dove at Firestar. Firestar waited until the last moment and then jumped onto Starlys back. He sat there for a few minutes, but when Starly started flying upside down Firestar Scratched the back of its neck. It fell to the ground hurt and Max stood there. The Starly then disappeared into a pokeball that professor Rowan threw! The pokeball didn't even move it just sat there.​

"Sorry Max, but this Starly was already mine. It escaped and I was chasing it when I fell into Lake Verity. Thank you for helping me get it back." Rowan said.​

Max sighed. "No problem."​

Max continued walking with Rowan and Hiroshi into Sandgem Town. Max waved good bye and then went to the begining of Route 202. He stood there in his tracks when he saw two men wearing what looked like space suits standing there whispering to eachother.​

END​

(Next Chapter. Chapter 3. Vs. Mamoswine!)​

(sorry this chapter is so short. It hopefully will not happen again.)​

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Chapter 3:

Vs. Mamoswine

The two men were whispering as quiet as a mouse skittering across the floor looking for food. Max couldn't even remotly make out what they were saying. He cautiously walked towards the two spacemen and quietly walked into some bushs seemingly unnoticed.​

"We need Commander Mars and her Crobat here soon." one said.​

"Yeah. She said she would be here soon." the other one said.​

Max slightly moved his foot to get positioned better and snapped a twig causing attention towards him.​

"I hate snot nosed little kids who spy on other people." one of the men said.​

He pulled out a pokeball and clicked the button in the middle, and in a white flash a huge wooly mammoth popped out.​

"Do whatever you want to the kid Mamoswine." the man said.​

The wooly mammoth soon spotted the hidden Max and charged at him. Max stood up quickly and dashed out of the way. The Mamoswine stopped and then chased Max. Max stummbled a few times and looked back alot. Max was truelly frightened. If Damion saw me like this he would never let me live it down. Max thought running as fast as he could.​

He came to a bunch of bushs and jumped head over heels into them. He landed in them to find out that they had millions upon millions of thorns in them. He struggled to get out and then stopped realizing the more he sruggled the more the spiky thorns would protrude his soft smooth skin.​

Max sat there for a while and then soon felt something towering over him. He lifted his neck, being scratched by thorns and saw the wooly mammoth. Max sat there motionless as the wooly mammoth, not knowing that Max was there, moved his leg directly against Max's right leg, which was protruding from the bush along with his other leg. The hair felt like a tarantula's spindly hair, but the hair was much warmer and much langer. Max shivered and felt the mammoth's leg tense up.​

Max sat there waiting for the mammoth to cruch his legs when something big and wet hit his head. He put his hand on it and it was all sticky and gross feeling. He turned his head around and looked up at the mammoth. It was drooling all over his head!​

"Ewwww." Max muttered to himself turning around.​

Then before Max knew it, another glob of drool hit his face. Max quickly opened his eyes and then shut them. They burned from the silivia and Max quickly tried rubbing it away. When he got as much of it as he could from his burning eyes he opened them again and could see.​

The mammoth dropped another glob onto Max's leg after stepped back a little, and Max was fed up with the drool now. Max deciding even though it would hurt it was the best choice, quickly pulled his legs closer and then stood up out of the bushs and dashed out. The thorns ripping, tearing, clawing, and gashing at his skin and clothes tore many cuts through his clothes and left many cuts in his unprotected skin.​

Max ran as fast as he could and dove into a forest of trees and soon lost the mammoth. He ran to a stream and sat there cleaning the cuts and wiping the drool from his pants and studdied the cuts through his clothes.​

"I hope these can be sowed back together." Max said to himself.​

He sat against a tree trying to recover his breath when the ground started shaking.​

"Swiiiine!" something yelled.​

Max sighed frustrated and looked to where the sound was coming from. In a matter of seconds the Mamoswine appeared and saw the resting Max. Max sat there as the Mamoswine charged at him because he was to exhausted from the tiring running to get up and run more. The Mamoswine came closer and closer, when Max heard it's stomach start growling.​

"It's hungry." Max realized.​

When the Mamoswine almost hit Max, he quickly spund down the hill towards the river and escaped being hit. He took his bag off and dug through it rapidly.​

"Man. Mom was right when she said my bag was a black hole. I specifically remember putting a candy bar in here this morning." Max said.​

He found it and started unrapping it. The candy bar's bag wouldn't open.​

"No." Max said trying to open it.​

The Mamoswine approached, but didn't charge. Finally the candy bar opened.​

"Ya want this boy? Ya want it? Well, go get it!" Max said throwing the piece of chocolate into the forest trees.​

The Mamoswine ran towards it and ran out of sight. Max smiled with relief and put his bag on. He truely was tired and rolled down the hill into the water and floated down the gentle stream. Max looked up and saw the white fluffly clouds in the sky and stretched his hands to one hoping that he could touch and feel its soft, fluffy, and smooth skin.​

Max, with the stream, soon drifted off into a deep slumber and dreamed about one day being able to fight off the Mamoswine with Ken or Flamestar or one of his other pokemon that he would catch, when Ken and Flamestar drifted off into sleep in their pokeballs too.​

END​

(Next Chapter. Chapter 4: Vs. Turtwig. Is in process of being written.)​

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Chapter 4:​

Vs. Turtwig

Max awoke on the wet grass right next to the enterance of the big and always glorious Jubilife City. Max sat up and violently shook his head.

"Where did Mamoswine go?" Max asked dazed. "Oh, that's right. I ditched him."

Max slowly stood up and rubbed his eyes full of sleep. Max grabbed his terribly angry stomach, he was starved.

"Man, I wish I hadn't thrown my stupid candy bar away." Max complained.

He looked to the North and saw the outlining of a skyscraper, most likely in Jubilife City. Max smirked like he was getting ready to win the Sinnoh League. He started heading towards Jubilife while he was ringing out his scarf which seemed to have an ocean in it.

He got onto the path and looked the opposite way. He squinted his eyes to make sure he saw what he saw...It was Hiroshi!

"Hiroshi?" Max asked as she came panting up.

"*Huh huh huh* Hey Max. *Huh huh huh* I was wondering if I could travel *huh huh huh* with ya." Hiroshi wondered.

Max stood there pondering what his answer should be. Hiroshi straightened after catching her breath and stood there waiting for an answer.

"No." Max said calmly.

"What? Why not!?" Hiroshi asked very firmly.

"Because. I don't travel with girls. And no I'm not prejudice I just don't want to have anything to do with em. Atleast not until I'm 15, and if ya haven't noticed I'm only 10." Max said.

Hiroshi stared at him coldly.

"You are such a jerk! Why can't you travel around with a girl?" Hiroshi asked.

"Cause." Max said.

Hiroshi started turning as red as a fire's flames.

"Battle me." Hiroshi said.

"Why?" Max said.

"To see if I can travel with you. I win and I get to, you win and you choose." Hiroshi said.

"Na. I don't wanna. I just wanna get to Jubilife." Max said turning around.

Hiroshi grabbed Max's arm tighter then ever.

"Gah." Max said turning his head around.

Hiroshi coldly stared at him.

"I told you. No!" Max yelled at her.

"Come on!" Hiroshi begged.

"Fine! If it'll shut you up!" Max yelled having enough of her blabber mouth.

"Yes." Hiroshi said.

They spread out and chose their pokeballs.

"Go, Ken!" Max said.

"Go, Forest." Hiroshi said.

Ken popped out of a blinding white light while a turtle with a sapling popping out of its head. Max pulled his pokedex out.

Turtiwg, the grass turtle pokemon. This pokemon, even though it's a grass type lives extremely close to water. The shell on the its back grows harder when water is absorbed and if it doesn't get enough water the leaf on its head will wilt.

"Ok Forest use Tackle." Hiroshi said.

"Ken use Bubble." Max said.

Forest ran at Ken with her head bent down. Ken jumped over Forest and sent a bunch ofbubbles flying at Forest. They all hit her, but it wasn't very affective.

"Use Tackle again."

Forest once again ran at Ken, but this time she knocked him to the ground.

"Ken use Bubble."

Ken shot bubbles at Forest causing her to fall off of Ken.

"Again Ken."

Ken shot bubbles at Forest again and Forest stepped back a few steps.

"Tackle."

Forest dashed at Ken at full power and hit him, causing Ken to fly into a tree.

"Ken!"

"Use Tackle Forest."

Forest ran and hit Ken crushing him into the tree. Ken couldn'y move an inch.

"Ok, Bubble."

Ken shot bubbles at Forest and Forest flipped in midair and then shot back down at Ken. She tackled Ken while he was in the tree and the tree broke ad landed on Ken.

"Ken get out from under there!" Max said.

"Forest Tackle."

"Ok. Bubble."

Forest ran at Ken, and Ken sent bubbles flying. Forest jumped above the ubbles and knocked the tree so it broke again and Forest hit Ken. Ken rolled over on its back knocked out.

"Yes! I get to travel with Max." Hiroshi said running and picking Forest up.

"Y-you mean...I actually l-lost?" Max said falling on his knees over Ken.

Hiroshi smiled and helped Max up.

"Don't worry. I'm not that bad." Hiroshi said.

Max smiled figuring that it couldn't be that bad and stood up. Then they walked towards Jubilife City unaware of the adventures that lay before them.

END

(Next chapter. Chapter 5: Vs. Piplup and Bidoof

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back