• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Bye Bye Butterfree" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss the final act of our favorite butterfly in "Bye Bye Butterfree."

My review to come forthwith.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    AAH. I cried!! First time I watched it and when I got the Indigo League boxset! It's so sad. I don't kow what else to say. Ash an co. doing their motto was funny, Starmie got killed by that hammer whoa o.O

Years
  • I didn't cry when I first viewed it, but I did get slightly emotional. Of course, back then, I was an emotionally stunted teenager, so there you go. Hah.

I didn't like how the rat was almost... happy to electrocute the Rockets and the slow-mo "it's going to shock us!" Very comedic, yet very disconcerting. I think it's the first time I viewed the rat as a sadist.

Special mentions go to Team Rocket's helicopter, as it was so badass.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh yeah, didn't the flag have something written on it in Japanese? Otherwise it was just a huge flag with their heads on XD

Daniel A.

PokePower!
    Years
  • I got emotional and sorta cried. I was real young. :D
    It made me feel so bad because it was the first time I'd ever seen something important get let go and I was like "you stupid ash, get that **** back!! get it!!"

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I was very young when I saw that episode. Tears filled my eyes when I saw Ash release butterfree. I was also angry towards Ash and his stupidity, but later I knew it was the right thing to do. It's perfectly natural to get emotional when watching the end of this episode. If you don't, then you're pretty stone-hearted, I guess...

What bugs me is that I think Ash said he would meet Butterfree again someday, but he never did...

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • I think the first time i saw it was when I had started to "become a woman" (no more detail than that needed!) and my emotions caused me to cry SO MUCH!
    Anyways- the butterfree that butterfree hooked up with was pink- was it like a shiney that existed before shinies actually existed or....?

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Mm.. Not one of my favorites. >< It's boring. D: Nothing exciting happened in that episode, it was like watching Brock telling off random facts about Butterfrees. ._. The only thing I did like about the episode though, when butterfree left Ash and Ash cried and everything... that was so funny! XDD

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • This is one of the saddest episodes I've seen. I just felt along with Ash. But I have to say. As much as the Butterfree facts were cool, They were annoying after awhile.

Back