• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journey to the Edge of the World

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • This is my second Fanfic as my first wasn't very good. Each chapter is one page on Microsoft Word and it isn't finished.
    Chapters:
    1. Beggining
    2. What is, is
    3. Holidays
    Others currently being writen up.

[FONT=&quot]Journey to the Edge of the World[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Beginning[/FONT]

"What's wrong with you? What's BLOODY WRONG WITH YOU!?!" Shouted Jamie. Samphire Frimn was playing football with Jamie, his second best friend who had black hair, freckles and blue eyes. Sam had been off school for a few days now while his Pokemon, Dratini was at the Pokemon centre after a serious injury during a battle. Sam had brown hair and hazel eyes. Sam wasn't a very popular boy but his friends he had, he cherished their friendship dearly. Sam was having a battle with the school bully after three years of being beaten up, have names called at him and was on the edge of a breakdown. Dratini was blue on the top and white on the bottom with no legs or arms and was shaped like a giant slug. The bullies name was Theo and had a Geodude. Geodude was like a rock with arms that hovered. It was nicknamed 'Hardy' which, in Sam's opinion, was a rather rubbish name. Geodude had been made stronger by a series of rough training exercises and was pushed to the very limits. Dratini however, was trained normally and had gained much strong but Geodude injured her side badly and Theo just laughed and said "What a load of rubbish!" But to Sam's likeness people just walled away and a few, mainly his friends, came to help.

Theo had been excluded from Pokemon battles for all his school life but was allowed to watch them. Sam knew he would interfere and help destroy Sam in every way. Now back at school, he kept on getting distracted and missing bits of information in class. He kept making a fool of himself and now was on the verge of being alone.

His only good friend was a girl called Mina and he cherished his friendship with her above all else. Mina lived on his street and was home taught. She learnt about one thing at a time. She had blonde hair, blue eyes and was home taught. Her mother who was called Cherin taught her. She had blonde hair like Mina and was currently teaching her about Pokemon that flew with or with wings and those of the Dragon type. Mina had asked for the subject when Dratini was injured. She was Sam's best friend but she wanted to be a bit more than that but just couldn't find the courage to tell him. She had talked about it to her mother and she had said just to take it one step at a time. Mina had a Chimchar that was female and Mina didn't want to evolve. Mina tried to help Sam whenever he was off.

[FONT=&quot]What is, is [/FONT]

Sam came home and slammed his front door. Mina was sitting in her tree outside and saw him come home. She was drawing some Starly eggs when he came home. She put her notepad down, lay her pencil on top and scrambled down catching her leggings on the tree branches. She ran to Sam's house and entered the back garden. Climbed through Sam's living room window, ran up the stairs quietly so as not to alert Sam's dad to her presence. She crept up to the door and opened it slowly and peered inside. She saw Sam lying with his head under his pillow. She heard him crying, she heard him saying
    "Bloody Jamie, Bloody everyone…" He stopped and just wept under his pillow. She sat down next to him and held his hand. He jumped, not stopping weeping but pulled his head out. She smiled at him and wiped his tears away. He didn't stop crying but just leaned on her as she supported him. He said to her
    "No-one understands what I'm going through. No-one."
    "I understand." Mina replied. "I understand."
    "You're the only friend I have left, Mina. My only friend. Jamie said that I worried too much on one Pokemon and that I could get a new one. He doesn't that that Pokemon was my partner, my invaluable partner and to lose her would be catastrophic, for me anyway."
    "I have a similar partner. One that learns with me, one that travels with me, my invaluable partner."
    He stopped crying and looked her in the eyes. He wanted to say 'I love you' but instead managed
    "Thank you" She held him close and said
    "You're not alone."

Then Sam's dad, Collin, entered the room saying
    "Sam…" but trailed off as he saw Mina holding him as he started crying again.
    "I didn't hear you come in Mina." He said. Then concentrated on Sam
    "What's the matter son?" Mina looked at him, then said to Sam
    "What is, is"
    "I left you in peace because I thought you might want it. Do you still?"

Holidays
    Sam sat in his room reading 'ELDEST' to remember what had happened before 'BRISINGR' came out by the author Christopher Paolini and his dragon Salamence nicknamed Saphira, which is only natural for the author of a book to name his Pokemon of the likeness of his favourite creature in the story to nickname it after that creature. Mina sat with him, comforting him, his only friend left. She loved him, he loved her although neither of them could be brave enough to say it.

Sam marked his page and put the book down and sighed. Mina looked at him, a smile just catching her lips, watching him she stood up and stretched. Sam did likewise. They looked each other in the eyes almost seeing the love in their eyes but them Mina turned away. She felt that the time was not now. It was later on in life, most probably with someone else she told herself. Sam and Mina were both sixteen, Sam being born in February and Mina in April. Mina suggested that he could go on holiday to distract himself.
    "I don't know… What if Dratini heals in that time and I'm not here? She'll think I've abandoned her." Sam said, worry getting ever more prominent in his voice.
    "Your dad could look after Dratini if that happens. I think you need the gataway as well. My mum actually suggested and I agreed, it would be good for you, get you away from everything that bothers you." She sat next to Sam and grasped his hand.
    "Okay… But, I would like to speak to dad once a week and ask on Dratini."
    "The idea was to get you away from this lifestyle, not check on it. Once every three weeks and keep a diary, how about that?"
    "That sounds okay."
    "Great! I'll go home and tell mum and you start packing, tell your dad and get a notepad. We'll leave on Saturday."

Comments please.

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
  • Oh sorry, I forgot to mention, it isn't finished.

There Edited

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • No offense, but I didn't mean LARGER text. But meh. It's only your 2nd, right? I have written about 10 fics and have had something wrong with all of them.

Circuit

Years
  • You posted while I was editing and I must of enlarged the text after your post. =) I meant to make it bigger so it was easier to read.

Circuit

Years
  • Okay, here's the next two chapters. Sorry for the delay.

Leaving behind your worries
    "Sam." Said Mina the next day. "There's something you must know before we leave. Things happen at the place where we are going. And all of them do really happen. Pokemon talk, you get missions from the ones that talk, it can be strange. That's why we decided to take you there. It makes you leave your worries behind."
    "What is, is." Replied Sam quietly. Mina smiled.
    "Dratini will recover. I just know it." Said Mina encouragingly. Mina got and started to lean forward, then thought the better of it, got up and left. Sam mulled over in his mind the things that had just happened. I'm going away with Mina and dad already knows, and approves, says it would be good for me. Yes. I will go. Apparently, if I've interpreted this right, strange things happen where we are going. Well, a good story might pop up while I'm there.
    The next day, Sam had packed his things and was waiting for Mina.
    Come on Come ON! Then the doorbell rang. Bing Bong! Went the bell.
    "Sam you're actually packed on time!" Exclaimed Mina. She hugged him.
    "Lets go! Mum's waiting." Sam looked back at dad.
    "Catch a good Poke, wont you?" Joked dad.
    "I'll stock up at the Pokemart." Mina took Sam's hand and they walked out to the car.
    "Any stops first?" Asked Carol.
    "Just one. I need stock up on Pokeballs at the Pokemart." Sam replied from the back seat where he sat with Mina who was reviewing her Pokedex.
    "I've never asked. Do you have a Pokenav?" asked Sam.
    "Yes. I'm bringing it with me. Do you have one?"
    "Yep." Popped Sam.
    Three hours passed. Four. Five. Sam was able to keep track of the time by the sun. Mina had taught him the hours by sun in summer and winter. Sam switched on his Pokedex and plugged in his earphones. He had installed the chronicles of Marowak on there that was the latest game. He had got it for Christmas the previous year and had completed it through twice. Mina slept. Sam turned it off after five minutes after getting bored and listened to Mina's slow steady pace of breathing. He smiled at the sound.
    "Now lets leave your worries behind." Said Carol. Sam looked forward and saw the vast twilight that covered the hills of dark blue the fields that were barren except for a few Cacnea and, as the Pokedex pointed out, Cacturne that escaped him because they looked just like cacti.
    Mystery from the start
    "Wow!" Gasped Sam.
    "Magnificent isn't it?" Said Mina. They arrived at a campsite that had more than five hundred people at it.
    "So how does this place get supplies then?" Asked Sam.
    "Pokemon. How else?" Oh right. I should have thought of that. They stopped and set up their own small tent.
    "Chimchar!" Mina threw up her Pokeball and a flash of red light materialized into what was Chimchar. It was an orange monkey shaped Pokemon. It had a smallish flame for a tail and a small tuft of hair on its head. It was a fire type Pokemon and shouted CHIMMMCHAR!
    "Chimchar, can you light us a fire?" CHIMCHARCHAR! Came the response.
    In a few seconds, Chimchar had lit a fire and Sam had begun reading 'ELDEST'. Mina shuffled next to him and Carol hung a pot of water over the fire. When the water was boiling, Mina's mum put in meat and vegetables and started making a stew. Sam marked his book and placed it in his bag. On the horizon he thought he saw a ghost. He shrugged it off and thought of all the people here.
    "How do they all live here?"
    "They want to cleanse their souls of all worries and go home completely refreshed" Said Carol. That night Sam slept better than he ever had before. That was until the sudden nightmares came drifting in. He woke up just as Mina was. He looked around and saw the ghostly shape he got dressed, as did Mina when he explained to her what had occurred. He went round to the ghostly shape. A huge figure stood, or hovered in front of them and chuckled. It was still twilight.
    "Hello, Sam." Sam gasped. How does it know my name?
    "I'm Dusknoir. You are wanted by the races above, below and in the middle. By each spirit race. I'm here to help you. But. There is a problem. There is a villain trying to destroy the spirit races. Weavile. She is trying to collect gears of the Portal device. It is a device that allows anyone to see the spirit race. Now you can help me in return for my help. Stop Weavile."
    "But I can't! I have no Pokemon."
    [FONT=&quot]"Then get one. I don't offer something for nothing. Oh the Portal device or Horizonal System." Dusknoir was a purple triangular shaped Pokemon, long end at the top. It had a yellow stripe down the middle and one eye shaded by a small head in the shape of an oval lying down. Its arms were quite muscular and it was around seven feet tall. It talked in a brisk manner and it sounded to Sam, quite evil.[/FONT]

Circuit

Years
  • close this please. Am going to make a better fanfic.

D_R_A

Back