• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.... In theaters?

Brittany

Back?
Years
  • Square Enix President Yoichi Wada told Impress Game Watch recently that Advent Children may also be making its way to customers via digital downloads or screened in movie theaters. It appears that the delays experienced in development may have given Square Enix the time to explore other avenues of distribution. Nomura, too, had expressed some time back that he would like to see Advent Children being screened in the theatres, if only for a short while.

1up said:
    By David Smith
    08/02/2004

A theatrical release for Final Fantasy VII Advent Children may not be entirely out of the question, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada told Impress Game Watch recently.

Alongside last week's announcement of the movie's screening at the Venice International Film Festival, Wada said that in addition to the already-announced DVD and UMD releases, Advent Children may also make its way to customers through digital downloads or in movie theaters.

Delays in the development of the computer-animated Final Fantasy VII sequel appear to have given Square Enix the time to explore other avenues of distribution. Originally planned for release on DVD in Japan this summer, the film's release is now simply scheduled for some time this year.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    Great this means it's going to take longer to get out on DVD and PSP -_-.
    I just want it on DVD and on PSP not in theatres. Oh well I might go see it (but I don't think so -_-).
    They want it in theaters, even if only for a short amount of time, so I don't think it will affect the release date much either.

And some interesting news, is that when the movie was screened at the festival, they didn't just show the first 30 minutes of it like expected. They had shown the movie from begining to end, but with less important parts cut out.

Does this mean that Square is holding back? They probably have most of the movie finished by now, but they just don't feel like getting it out to us until next year...

Anyways... Information about the movie time!

Spoilers (not bad ones though)
    ************************​
    At the begining of the movie, it shows how Gaia(the name of the planet, incase you don't know yet) is reforming after the meteor strike. Many people are dying from a disease known as Geostigma, aka Star Scar Syndrome. Tifa and Cloud work together giving orphans a home, but sadly most of the kids living with them are dying too.

Denzel, is a orphan that seems to have some key role in this movie, and he is also infected with the disease. Marlene and Denzel seem to have some kind of relationship together.

Anyways... one day Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo come along and kill Cloud. The end! ^_^
    Actually... They come to the orphanage, with no home for themselves, but they seem to want to help the children. If you have seen the e3 trailer, remember when the three silver haired men(SHM) talking to a group of children? Yea, thats it.

This speech seems to build some tension between Cloud, the orphans, and the SHM, and as devoted as they sound to the orphans... one day Kadaj gets really pissed and starts fighting Cloud.

Thats all I know... Oh yea heres a picture in case you haven't seen it yet.

Sig.jpg

Traitor!(thats the actual translation btw)​

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • The Weapons:

-Cloud is confirmed to use at least 6 different swords within the movie, which are all stored in the Fenrir(his motorcycle)

-Kadaj's weapon is a refined double sword, and it's translated name seems to be 'tricky'

-Yazoo's weapon is somewhat of a gunblade. It's name is 'Velvet Nightmare'

-Loz's weapon is is a sheild/gun, and it's translated name is 'Dual Hound'. His power lies moreof in his fists, and his gun is a more of a long range weapon.

-The function of Barret's mechanical arm has been confirmed to be changed. No word on if he will use a gun-arm though.

Other info:
    -The first known lines of Yuffie are "where is my materia?" meaning that materia will be in the movie.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • LittleFascistPanties16 said:
    They want it in theaters, even if only for a short amount of time, so I don't think it will affect the release date much either.
    Well I still don't like the idea of all the other members getting to see the movie before me :'(. j/k XD

Well I will keep out of the Spoilers and wait for the movie. XD

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I am definatly seeing it, in theaters or DVD or PSP. It looks so cool!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I think I saw him use the Apocalypse in one of the trailers. I hope so, since that sword was <3 for AP growth. For that matter I hope all six are real swords from VII.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I think I saw him use the Apocalypse in one of the trailers. I hope so, since that sword was <3 for AP growth. For that matter I hope all six are real swords from VII.

Well, we have seen the Buster Sword in almost all trailers(well it has some differences, but it looks alot like it):

Cloud_Duels2.jpg

Highway23.jpg

Then the tiny extension for the FFX-2:Intl+LM trailer shows Cloud getting that sword knocked out of hand and him pulling this sword out of his ***:
    Cloud_Duels10.jpg

Cloud_Duels11.jpg

Cloud_Duels12.jpg

Another sword(along with the other six inside of his bike):
    Forest_Race10.jpg

Last pic I have seen:
    Cloud_CG_Poster_hi.jpg

I got extremely new information. Nomura has mentioned that the movie may be 4 times as long as the Venice preview.

120 min movie? Lets hope.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    On the clip I saw with his bike, right there, I could swear I saw him pull out the apocalypse. Maybe I can get a screencap tomorrow~

Splashing Mew

PC's Poet Laureate
    Years
  • Ah 120 minutes?! I soooooo much hope so! When I originally heard 60 minutes I felt sad and cheated. But a possible 120 minutes? Now that will be something worth seeing.

PIMP PIMP!
    ~Splash

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • The biggest load of Spoilers you will ever find

Do you want spoilers?
    Don't blame me if the following information ruins the movie for you(it won't for me, but I'm just putting the warning out)
    Hmmm...

SPOILERS ARE HERE! MEANING THAT UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR MOVIE EXPERIANCE TO BE SCREWED, DONT READ THIS​

I'm going to be breif and just give a couple facts that are sufficient to ruining your experiance!

-Geostigma has another side effect... Mind control of the weak, by Kadaj. If you notice Kadaj's cat-like eyes, the same eyes come to any person that he controls.
    http://media.adventchildren.net/misc/Kadaj.gif

Ways of catching Geostigma?
    ~been drenched in the lifestream
    ~catch from an infected person
    ~having Jenova cells
    ~and to some extent... Kadaj can send it out into a person himself*

The meaning of Advent Children? The holy coming of Children.
    Children=weak
    weak=controlled
    hmm, do you see where this is leading?

If you dont get it...

At the end of the movie hundreds(or thousands) of children protect Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz. What is Cloud to do? Kill a bunch of kids? Confused? Read my next spoiler!

-Marlene seems to have caught Geostigma! Woohoo! Unless Cloud is planning on killing Marlene, then we have a problem! Heres an even worse problem:

-Cloud has caught Geostigma! He can't be controled by Kadaj, but he becomes noticeably weaker! Wanna know how he gets his strength back? Read the next spoiler!

-The scene with Cloud and Aerith is all in his mind(I think). When he is weak, he asks Aerith for help, and her healing power reaches even from death, and he regains his strength(mostly, but he is still a little weak)

-Yuffie comes from the sky out of nowhere(the Highwind maybe?)
    img07.jpg

-Vincint makes a transformation*

-Barret comes onto scene from out of nowhere too! He just starts shooting the **** out of a dragon, and when all **** is breaking loose, this is where the children come onto scene!

Barret's arm can 'morph' into a gun-arm, and it is shown when Bahamut comes onto scene:shocked:. It's not confirmed to be Bahamut himself, but it sure does look like him, and guess what!? The ****ed Dragon has cat-eyes!!!

RedXIII also comes, and he is starts fighting the Dragon on his own.

Coming onto scene
    img03.jpg

Jumping into the sky
    img04.jpg

Barret and Cid become Preoccupied with fighting all of these wierd things:
    img12.jpg

img02.jpg

It gets worse and worse, and when all hope is lost...(next spoiler)

LAST SPOILER, IF NOTHING HAS SPOILED YOU YET, THEN THIS DEFINETLY WILL. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Sephiroth comes onto scene, and right before he clashes swords with Cloud the screen flashes: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I cannot wait for the full version to be released!

In short:
    -Geostigma is gonna control a bunch of children
    -Geostigma makes Cloud weaker
    -There are a bunch of wierd scary creatures that come to kill them
    -Bahamut is controlled
    -Sephiroth is revived!

Heros vs 4Sephiroths, Bahamut, hundreds(or thousands of children), and a bunch of wierd thingys! I have a feeling Cloud or Vincint is gonna die at the end of them movie...

I'm currently working on giving the full story to you all, so it is more understandable(instead of all of these obviously confusing facts!)

Last edited:

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    This is making me want it more! One of those pics looks like he's using the Ultima sword!
    Forest_Race10.jpg

That one!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • I'm like always up to date on this information, so I'll always be here to keep you informed.;)

Anyways, did anyone hear about the trailer that is gonna be shown at this years TGS?
    A little over 4 minutes! That doesn't seem very long, but considering that all of the other trailers were less than two minutes(and half of it was just talking), this will be pretty long!

PlusleFanCloudy

Jesus Christ Superstar
    Years
  • Holy crap. I read 1up.com's preview of the film but they didn't have screenshots and HOLY CRAP.

This is gonna rule. I am soooo buying the DVD when it comes out. Orgasm inducing goodness.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • PlusleFanCloudy said:
    Holy crap. I read 1up.com's preview of the film but they didn't have screenshots and HOLY CRAP.

This is gonna rule. I am soooo buying the DVD when it comes out. Orgasm inducing goodness.
    They have a good review, but I got my info from a private source(will not tell ANYONE)

Usually Venice only accepts COMPLETE movies, but I guess they were dying to see this, lol.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • I found the first picture of what seems to be Cloud preparing his limit break.
    Low quality, but it's something. We can expect something in the TGS trailer ^_^

vj0917-01.jpg

It's from V-Jump, so somebody buy it and give us a better quality picture!

I just thought of something to discuss. Do you think a limit break was when someone actually broke "their limit", and started attacking with insane power, or do you consider it a special attack, and the only reason that the limit meter was made, was to limit the amount of times you could use it?

Post all opinions about it HERE

Back