• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen why does this happen to me?

Years
  • last 3 raikous i have caught in fire red by playing again and again have super low ivs is it my rotten luck or is there something wrong in my game.has some1 else had the same problem?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    They are not programmed with low IVs. I have a Suicune with great IVs. Since you are without the benefit of breeding, the one-time Pokemon have an equal chance of getting any IV between 1 and 31. It is odds, nothing more.

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
  • It's just luck... I don't really care about Individual Values and Effort Values, I treat legendaries the way the are.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
  • I'm actually pretty sure that any of the 3 dogs you can catch in FR/LG are pre-programed to have two 0 IVs. The rest are random, but you will always have at least two 0 IVs, so they will always have 'bad' IVs. Sorry.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm actually pretty sure that any of the 3 dogs you can catch in FR/LG are pre-programed to have two 0 IVs. The rest are random, but you will always have at least two 0 IVs, so they will always have 'bad' IVs. Sorry.

I, however, am almost entirely sure that this statement is false. Sorry.

It's all random.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Nope!
    All of it is random, if you got all of your with 2x 0EV's, you are unlucky...
    I usually are too, but i actually got a Modest Latios with pretty strong EV's...

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
  • I, however, am almost entirely sure that this statement is false. Sorry.

It's all random.

Really? I've been told at least twice that the 3 Dogs (and only the 3 Dogs, not any other Legends/Pokemon) in FR/LG are not worth much because they always have at least two 0 IVs (supposedly they were programed by Nintendo to be that way). Do you know for a fact its not true (For example do you have a legit Legendary Dog caught in FR/LG that doesn't have at least two 0 IVs)? I've always just assumed that it was true, so if you have proof, I'd love to hear otherwise. Then I'd know it really was just bad luck for me, and not the programing.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, I would ask you where your proof is that Nintendo would actually have those three be the only Pokemon in the entire game to have specifically calculated IVs. Just doesn't make sense. I do have 6-12 of each dog, and if I was ambitious enough I would check them to prove this unsubstantiated rumor as false.

You would be surprised how many times I have been told that you cannot trade eggs, the spaceship in RSE has some relevance (besides counting the weeks you have played the game), and other silly crap like that. Unless someone has actual facts to support what they are trying to sell, I ain't buying.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
  • Actually, I would ask you where your proof is that Nintendo would actually have those three be the only Pokemon in the entire game to have specifically calculated IVs. Just doesn't make sense. I do have 6-12 of each dog, and if I was ambitious enough I would check them to prove this unsubstantiated rumor as false.

You would be surprised how many times I have been told that you cannot trade eggs, the spaceship in RSE has some relevance (besides counting the weeks you have played the game), and other silly crap like that. Unless someone has actual facts to support what they are trying to sell, I ain't buying.

Its true that it could quite easily be a rumor. I'm simply saying that I've been told that, and it hasn't been proven otherwise to me. I've seen several up for trade with two 0 IVs and the trade info in many stated that the person didn't want much for it because it had those two preset 0 IVs. I'll see if I can find them again, but the last one I remember seeing was awhile ago. Its much easier to find one of them that doesn't have those two IVs than prove that they all do, which is why I asked for proof. I'm hardly trying to say its true without proof, I'm just saying that it was told to me, and I haven't seen anything to the contrary yet. If someone has a legit FR/LG Legendary Dog that proves that wrong, then I'll happily except that proof, and admit that what I was told is simply a false rumor. But until then, I have seen no evidence proving otherwise.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is fair. I didn't mean to sound like I was coming down on you or anything. Please accept my apology if I did. I will have my son calculate IVs of all the dogs we have and post the results. I didn't mention it before because I am not able to verify it right now, but I am almost absolutely certain I have a Raikou without a single 0 IV.

No offense to you as you were just passing along information, but too many times people will post a rumor assuming it is true, then many other people read it (without doing the research themselves), assume it is true, and then spread it further. Sites like this one and serebii are filled with bad info, mainly by people who are really only meaning well.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
  • That is fair. I didn't mean to sound like I was coming down on you or anything. Please accept my apology if I did. I will have my son calculate IVs of all the dogs we have and post the results. I didn't mention it before because I am not able to verify it right now, but I am almost absolutely certain I have a Raikou without a single 0 IV.

No offense to you as you were just passing along information, but too many times people will post a rumor assuming it is true, then many other people read it (without doing the research themselves), assume it is true, and then spread it further. Sites like this one and serebii are filled with bad info, mainly by people who are really only meaning well.

No apology needed. I understand that rumors can become a problem, and if you have a Raikou caught in FR/LG without any 0 IVs, then my information is false, and I apologize form unintentionally spreading a rumor.

Then the bad IVs are just bad luck, sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Pingouin_7

There is a glitch in the programming that makes the Legendary dogs have all low IVs.

No matter how much you argue, it won't change. The only time they can have not low IVs is if you catch them in Colosseum.

[/thread]

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It is just pure luck, trust me nothing is wrong with your game...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    There is a glitch in the programming that makes the Legendary dogs have all low IVs.

No matter how much you argue, it won't change. The only time they can have not low IVs is if you catch them in Colosseum.

[/thread]
    Could you please provide any proof to your claim? I know about certain glitches in the game, but I have NEVER heard anything like this. Otherwise it is yet another unsubstantiated rumor.

Pingouin_7

Seriously, have you ever been out of your cave? Have you never tried to check other forums?

Back