• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas "Charity"

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
Years
  • I got inspired tonight when I went to do a bit of Christmas shopping with my Uncle and Mum.

There was a shopping trolley nearby with a notice saying about donations being made to a local kids charity. Inside the trolley was a teddy, a couple of face making games, jigsaws, box of truffles, and I was like...sure, why not help out?

So I looked around, and found some awesome stuff for great prices -

For a boy:

http://direct.asda.com/Battleships/000740692,default,pd.html

Only paid £2 for the one I picked up, quite a big thing too.

For a girl:

Can't find the picture, but for £2, I got a little pink horse, with wings and a horn, with accessories, such as 2 brushes, elastic bands to wrap the hair up with, and tonnes of clips.

Last year I did a Christmas Shoebox, which was hectic. I'm chuffed I've done this, because I know the kids they gave these too are going to love 'em. I totally wanted that pink pony >_> xD

So, basically, do you do any charity sort of stuff at this time of year? Like, stuff for old folks, donations for kids, etc etc. Or, even stuff like lending money to those who need it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • If I ever walk by, I would donate to the Salvation Army or something. They usually seem to be pretty common in Manhattan so that's mainly what I would do.

Not to those people who ask money on the train though. Except for that one time where it was an Army veteran.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've never ever done any charity stuff...donated a few pounds though, but it was for stuff like non-school uniform days and nothing to do with Christmas. Ouch, this makes me feel bad...

Years
  • I donate unused clothes and such to the orphanage every Christmas. And this year my youth group is shipping boxes of stuff to the soldiers in Iraq.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • I try to always donate to the Salvation Army and other charities with the buckets, usually in a couple dollars change, but I think I might try to donate at toy or two this year. If I can, I also try to donate some clothes, blankets, or food -- depending on the biggest need that year. I mean, I try to do something all year round, but especially during the holidays.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Last year with my Civics class I filled boxes with food and such for those less fortunate in our town (myself included *cries*)

Though this year my sisters will be doing it.

P.S. 1000th post!!!

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I have seen those kinda boxes around, or those that I see are collecting for Children that have parents that can't buy gifts for them because there parents are poor or don't have money.

In fact the tree that is put up in the mall is huges *And next to it there is a sign saying that when you put gifts under there they go to a donation "that is the donation for less fortunate children"* (Don't think the tree is real it's way to big) and it's always loaded with gifts is for those children's, so I guess people are generous where I live.

To be honest I have never donated to that cause, but I have raised money for the red cross, but my mom ones donated to that cause, and my grandma, she let me put the gift under the tree.

Back