• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Message Deletion Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    The new feature that lets you see why messages were deleted, annoys me. It makes *threads*... look well... hideous. While it would be nice to know why SOME messages were deleted, it is quite annoying. People DELETE their messages for a reason. That is just my thought.. but yeah..

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • One good reason that it should stay is because people delete their post when the same person posted before and after them. With the new deletion system, they won't be reported for double posting. It doesn't matter if it looks ugly, it's efficient and handy so people won't get in trouble for reasons that someone else caused.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Yeah.. that is a good reason I suppose. It would be nice if it had a toggle function or someway for people that don't want to see it, don't have to see it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • If the function was indeed at hand then that would defeat the purpose of having it in a way. The people that toggle it off might report someone for double posting when actually there was a post in between. With the function toggled on, they could see that there was a post there and ignore it. If it was toggled off, some might report the user for double posting. It's better to just always have it on and just ignore it if you don't like it.

Ausudriel said:
    Wait wait, just to clarify, you aren't talking about the deleted threads, are you? O.o You're supposed to only be able to see deleted posts inside of threads. @_@

Lostt said:
    The new feature that lets you see why messages were deleted, annoys me. It makes forums... look well... hideous.
    No, it's about messages. In other words, posts.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • You can't see deleted threads anymore. It's only deleted posts now, and seeing deleted posts doesn't make it that cluttered.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Have you, or have you not read this post regarding why members can see deleted posts? If not, I suggest doing so.

Years
  • It takes up (at least on my theme) 86px (tall). Consider the amount of members that have 300-400px high signatures, it doesn't clog up the page, nor is it overly displeasing.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Yeah I guess I will.. just an over reaction I guess. Sorry, this can be closed now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back