• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newsletter?

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
Years
  • I was wondering if we could have a monthly email newsletter. Maybe we could let members submit articles? Just sayin.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well that's a good Idea, best before a Pumpkin Pie eating contest.

But it would probably be unlikely, I saw a few months ago some member making a thread in some other section trying to make Pokecommunity Magazine, but it was an Epic Closage :\.

If this is accepted and then actually paid me for it, I'd be Bill Gates anyways.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I like this idea:D, I hope I will get a article in this newsletter like I did in the one on FS this month, earning me a vip spot:D.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like this idea:D, I hope I will get a article in this newsletter like I did in the one on PE this month, earning me a vip spot:D.

Wait you want to write an article so you get a position at PC? Wtf.

Zet

Years
  • well for starters, you'd need to find people willingly enough to take more time out of their life and write a few paragraphs containing a few hundred words and such and secondly, it would probably die fast

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Wait you want to write an article so you get a position at PC? Wtf.
    No I want to write a Article to get it into the newsletter,

The thing is this idea is not original and this idea was made on a Forum called finalsmash about a 7-14 days ago (and I know the user that made this idea is familiar with that forum;)), and I entered a article on there and it got published and picked article of the month, so I got into a rank called New's contributor, I was merely bragging about that,

Years
  • Guys, nobody's getting Modded for writing an article. :D Angela, congrats anyway.
    It actually sounds like a good idea, though. Maybe just a monthly thread in Announcements, explaining any events on PC and a general update of every section. it would help people that have been absent to get a decent idea of any changes. I'm all for it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • It doesn't sound too good to me. I may actually read it if it was a newsletter specifically based on Pokemon news but if it's about PC news, I imagine it'd be very biased on which people get featured and there'd be a lot of complaining.

I think the topic creator should elaborate. ._____.

Years
  • It doesn't sound too good to me. I may actually read it if it was a newsletter specifically based on Pokemon news but if it's about PC news, I imagine it'd be very biased on which people get featured and there'd be a lot of complaining.

I think the topic creator should elaborate. ._____.
    Hey, look, we can always give it a trial, if it doesn't work, then discontinue it.

Keep in mind that all media is biased to a degree, although there can be factual information in there as well as interpretive. Eg:
    Newsletter said:
    This week on the Pokecommunity:
    News:
    ~Member X won Tournament Y
    ~Member Green won Signature of the Week
    ~Member Face won MotM (Link to results)
    ~Please welcome Troll666 as a new Moderator for Other Chat

Articles:
    ~Guide on Signature Making in Art Gallery
    ~Discussion of PC's past
    ~Pokemon Platinum was released today - Details
    ~Summary of Anime Characters

Something like this is what I had in mind, the Higher Staff would have to approve it, so there'd be minimal problems, if it did make it.

Back