• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ten years on

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • WARNING! This may contain upsetting or bloody scenes. If you are faint hearted you should not read this!

Right, this a continuum of the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini.

1. Ten Years on
    2. Flight for three

Here those two are. There are only two because it has taken a long time to think of what is going to happen. The third is on the way.

Ten Years On
    Eragon sat eating his breakfast of bread and butter while Elves and Humans alike scurried around. It was ten years after the defeat of Galbatorix and Eragon and his sapphire coloured, fully grown dragon Saphira were no longer servers of the Varden, they were servers of the new ruler of Alagaësia. All of Alagaësia was ruled under one person. Nasuada. She had led the Varden, a band of warriors who rebelled against the mad king Galbatorix and his twisted dragon Shruikan, to an amazing victory. However, peace had yet to come. The last seven years had been used trying to kill the last of Galbatorix'es servants, two being Murtagh and Thorn, a dragon and rider who had been force by Galbatorix to swear in the ancient language, a powerful language that could let you use magic if you had the strength mentally and physically, to serve his evil wants, long after his death. That worried Eragon no more. After killing Galbatorix, Eragon knew he had the strength to kill his half brother. After he finished eating, Eragon stood up stretched and, at the same time, Saphira yawned. Saphira had sapphire coloured scales that shone in the sun and could dazzle you very easily. Though their mental link,
    What troubles you little one? Saphira asked.
    Is just, it's been the same boring routine for almost eight years and I'm just so fed up with it.

It'll be over soon. Murtagh and his devil dragon have been found south of here.
    I hope your right.
    So do I.
    Just then, Nasuada came though the door to Eragon and Saphira's quarters.
    "Ah you two, I've been searching for you."
    "Yes?" came a hoarse reply from Eragon.
    What is it my lady?

"We need you two to go south and try to kill or at least capture that beast that's been hiding south. Murtagh and Thorn have been spotted."
    So you were right Saphira.
    Yes. Never doubt me, as I've told you before. And my sources are secret.
    Was it Solembum?
    ……… Yes.
    Aha!
    "You two will need to go south of Melian, past the forest south of it. Ok?"
    "I suppose." Replied Eragon.
    "What troubles you Eragon?"
    He is fed up with the routine Saphira replied before Eragon could even open his mouth.
    "If you kill or capture Murtagh and Thorn, then it will be over, Eragon."
    "Mmh."
    "Well I have to go. I expect you gone by lunch." And with that, she turned and left.
    "Solembum? Well, I suppose it would be obvious for you Saphira."
    Ha! If you think I have a tight bond with Solembum then you are sadly mistaken. We're just friends.

Just friends! Ha!

Hmf.
    Eragon started to pack Saphira's saddlebags with the supplies they would need for the flight to Melian.
    "Not too far then eh?" Eragon said. Then Eragon brushed something round and hard in her saddlebags. Eragon unwrapped it and there in his hands was Glaedr's Eldunarí. Eragon felt tears in his eyes and he heard Saphira crying both mentally and physically. Eragon started crying then as he knew his old teachers, Oromis and Glaedr, were dead. Then Eragon felt out with his mind to Glaedr.
    Yes?

Master.
    What troubles you Eragon?
    I'm just upset because master Oromis is dead and that I will never speak to him again.
    Eragon… Then Eragon heard the golden dragon crying as well.
    Master. Said Saphira.
    Yes, Saphira

Master, we are going away soon, will you be coming? Sniffed Saphira.
    To fight Thorn and Murtagh, anything to get revenge for what they did to Oromis.
    Ok master. Came Eragon's voice.
    Stay linked with me you two. Then Eragon, still keeping his mental link with Glaedr, wrapped him back up and put his Eldunarí in the saddlebags.
    Shall we go then, Saphira, to kill that beast of a brother of mine?

We shall go, Eragon.

Flight for three

Eragon sat on Saphira pondering what they would do when they reached Melian.
    Should we ferret them out or wait for them to come to us Saphira?

I think we should wait then if they don't show up then go search for them.
    Right.
    They arrived at Furnost and started to walk towards the gate. When it didn't open Eragon surveyed the gate. No one was manning the gate so it wouldn't open.
    Why is there no one at the gateposts?

I don't know.
    Can you fly me over?
    I wont answer that. What do you think?
    I take that as a yes. He sat back on Saphira, and with three flaps of her giant velvety wings she was over the gate. Eragon jumped off and before he saw anything else he felt shock and dizziness.
    What do you think happened?

I…I don't know. They started walking forward, Eragon spreading his mind out to see if he could find the source of the attack or any survivors. Almost instantly he felt a great size of being and immediately withdrew. About two seconds after, Murtagh and Thorn rushed out from hiding. Eragon struggled to get his sword out and ready his stance. Saphira rose with flaps of her wings and got herself higher than Thorn. She struck Thorn in the ribs and broke three of them. She was struck by Thorn in her leg and lost height. She struck Thorn in the neck, and he let out a sharp cry. He fell quite a way and struggled to regain his balance. Eragon meanwhile was exchanging blows with Murtagh and had hit him on the arm and sliced his leg. Murtagh almost fell of his saddle as Eragon threw a great force of wind at him through the use of magic. Eragon then jumped on Thorn and pushed Murtagh completely off and jumped back. Murtagh however had grasped hold of Thorn's saddle and survived. Eragon now was becoming extremely impatient and was fighting faster than he had ever dared, taking every opportunity to kill Murtagh. Sweat was running down Eragon's face as he started to tire. Murtagh sat back on his saddle and Thorn shot a blast of fire from his mouth. As Saphira flinched Thorn flapped his giant wings and flew away.
    "Barzuln!" Eragon exclaimed.
    Eragon, we tried but he still evaded us. Is he still gaining Eldunarí from somewhere?

I don't know.
    Eragon mumbled to himself. Saphira flapped her wings and headed north towards Uru'baen. On the way he thought he saw a green, dragon shaped creature with someone down below, walking towards Furnost. Saphira saw it as well and had already turned and was flying down towards it. Saphira landed with two great flaps of her wings, startling the wanderer. When Eragon got off he immediately observed the small dragon walking alongside the person. It was a deep Emerald green and was as small as the person's arm. It had silver coloured spikes on its back, all the way down to the tip of its tail. It had a pointed snout and small, sharp fangs. It was basically, a smaller, Emerald coloured version of Saphira.
    "You must be Eragon." Said the stranger.
    "Yes. Who are you and why do you have a dragon?"
    "I'm Aiden, and this is my dragon, Nature."
    Pleased to meet you Aiden and Nature. Said Saphira through her mind.
    "We were told to come and seek training from you. We have to start immediately. Those are orders of Lady Nasuada."
    "Ok. Let me just cover something with Saphira."
    "Of course."
    We can't disobey Nasuada. She is queen. But we also can't be back late for the Blood oath celebration.
    You mean the, ten years after beating Galbatorix celebration. They haven't found a name yet.
    Hmm.
    Yes, we should walk with them.
    Ok. It'll take about three weeks though.
    I don't care. They need us, plus I would like to befriend this dragon.
    "Come on then. Lets start walking. I'll talk to you on the way."

Post your comments. Thanks.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • Awesome, i really like the plot, but i seems everything happens so fast.

Pick up the eldunari and immediatly start crying
    Walk in a city and murtagh attacks without a word.

Just my opinion, gj

Circuit

Years
  • I'm just doing the next part so I'll take that into acount. Thanks.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Hey not bad, not quite the style of Paolini but its still goos :) I cant wait to read more :)
    I see you included yourself in it (Nature the green dragon so I presume its yours)

Circuit

Years
  • Hey not bad, not quite the style of Paolini but its still goos :) I cant wait to read more :)
    I see you included yourself in it (Nature the green dragon so I presume its yours)

Yep. >.<

Next chapter is here:

Aiden

"So, what is your name?"
    "Aiden. Nature hatched for me yesterday."
    "Wait. Did you say Aiden?"
    "Yes."
    "That is a powerful name. Guard it with your life. It means, Chosen one according to the Elves, but not in the ancient language."
    "Wow. I didn't know that. Nasuada ordered me to come here."
    "That was a dangerous decision. There was Murtagh."
    "Who is he?"
    "A mercenary of Galbatorix. How old are you?"
    "Twelve. I have wanted to be a dragon rider since I was born. I am ready to learn with you and the elves."
    "Good."

As they walked on Eragon found that Aiden was one of the people that had escaped with Roran on his Barge when he escaped the Ra'zac in Carvahall. He fled the barge on the Burning Plains and fought among the other soldiers of the Varden on that battle. He had also watched Eragon fight Murtagh for moments before a soldier cut him on the arm. In turn Aiden learnt that the Elves used to have their cities hidden in the forest of Du Weldenvarden but that had come out of hiding after the defeat of Galbatorix. He learnt that Elves were the most beautiful creatures, according to Eragon.

After a short walk Saphira settled down with Eragon and shared with him what she had learnt.
    He is a dream. He likes everything I like. He was also born at the same time as me.
    But you are bigger.
    Yes, well he will grow.
    Saphira, do you think we could accelerate his growth?
    We could, like what Galbatorix did with Murtagh?
    Yes.
    We could. But we shall not.
    Actually, I don't think we should either.
    Hmm.

What did you think about your name being powerful?
    Cool actually. I'm tired, and want some sleep. Good night Nature.
    Good night Aiden.

In the morning Eragon spoke to Nasuada about going straight to the Elves' ceremony.
    "If you must. But, be back within the next week or so, Christmas is near, and you can't miss that." She had said.
    "I wouldn't dream of it." Eragon replied, a hint of slyness in his voice.

Aiden opened his tent just as Eragon ended his conversation.
    "Good morning" Aiden yawned.
    Good morning all of you.
    Saphira greeted them. Nature is in the tree behind me, in a hole hunting the mice and squirrels in there.
    What? Why?
    Aiden questioned
    We need to eat Aiden, and he needs his practice at catching things. I am showing him how I first practised.
    How?
    Like this.
    In a flash, thousands of images of what Saphira planned to teach him and Nature briefly before disappearing again.
    Wow!
    Aiden exclaimed. How do you do that?
    Just think up the picture.
    Can I try?
    Yes, but with me, Nature's busy.
    Almost instantly, images of Aiden's home and family appeared in Saphira's head for a few moments, but she couldn't grasp any information before they disappeared.
    Very good. You catch on quick.

Last edited:
    Back