• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Make a GOOD Sonic the Hedgehog game!

Agree with Me?

• This list is great, I wish SEGA was here to read this...

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • 06 was GREAT, you're crazy!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • We know, Sega's screwed up the hedgehog's name pretty bad. Mostly with 06 and a lot of people were mad with the were-hog. This is what SEGA should do to make a half-decent Sonic game. We need an 8 at least if the hedghog wants to live on. This is," How SEGA can make a GOOD Sonic the Hedgehog game!"

1- Get Rid of the Humans

Not the supporting cast, I like every character there is just get rid of the humans. The only humans that belong in the Sonic universe are Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, Dr. Gerald "Robutnik" Robotnik and maybe Maria. Elise and all those random people need to pick their buts and head back to Final Fantasy where they belong! If you want Sonic to have a romantic relasion ship could you at least make it with Amy? She's been trying to get Sonic for what, Fifteen Years? She deserves him more than some girl Sonic just met.

2- Stop Adding Members to the Cast (unless they are only for one or two games)

We have more than enough characters. I'm not saying we need to ditch them, I'm just saying we have enough. Silver himself was kinda pushing it already and they Chaotix could be brought back for another game if they need more characters. Just recycle some characters we don't need or want anymore

3- Take a the GOOD Things from Sonic Adventure, Adventure 2 and Heroes

Adventure was great, Adventure 2 was great, Heroes was kinda weird but still great. Sonic just screwed up in 06 (my opinion, I hated that game). Take the good controls and the dazzle of Sonic atmosphere from Adventure. Bring that pure speed and story from Adventure 2 and that non stop and humanless action from Heroes. That's all I truly ask.

4- Sonic Needs to go FAST!!

That's it. He just needs to go fast. He needs to use that Hedgehog engine to go FAST!! We want him to go FAST!! That's what made him unique!!

5- Quit expairementing SEGA, it's ruining him!

Every single character expairement SEGA has ever had (except Shadow and Rouge) has failed EPICLY!! Elise was an expairement and she failed. The were-hog was an expairement and it failed. What are they gonna do next? I don't even want to think about it! The FLUDD in Mario Sunshine was an expairement and it passed with flying colours and right into Brawl! Because it never defeated the whole purpose of Mario. It made him jump higher and therefore it passed. The Ring Boost was also an expairement in Sonic Rush and it passed because it made Sonic go faster. If your going to expairement, don't make it defeat the whole purpose of Sonic.

6- Perfect and Stick with Sonic's Design

Sonic has only had his design perfected in the Adventure series, Sonic Chronicles and Sonic X. Round belly is all we ask and make him 3 feet Tall. We Sonic short (or at least I do) and his limbs fairly long. Not human-like in the least.

7 (just something I'd like)- Chao Garden
    CHAO'S ARE SO CUTE!! They're the cutest things ever and truly belong in the Sonic universe. So just throw in a Chao garden, I wanna breed, raise and show off my Chao!

This is my opinion. Five ways SEGA can pull Sonic out the mud puddle he's in right now. Don't agree, tell me what I did wrong. Did I miss something? Tell me in the comments. I want the Hedgehog to live on. I grew up on blue Hedgehog. And he deserves to be up there right next to Mario! SEGA, QUIT SCREWING UP SONIC'S NAME!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The Sonic franchise just needs to die, IMO. :[

I'm not trolling or anything, I'm being honest. It's gone way too far.

Reactions: Zet

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • There was more to Sonic than speed. Those old games are platformers - the speed required you to think on your feet and stay alert. Its more than a run-fest

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I have no comment. I am neutral in where the Sega franchise is.

I mean, it's not bad, but not good either. I thought Sonic was about speed. But the werehog simply ruined it in SU.

If they make a decent game were Rose finally harrases and maybe does on Sonic I'd be a happy man.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    How about

Stop adding stupid things?
    Werehog was good for me, but i was like "this is going to suck, just because of him, right!?" but no.. he just got past. i found it fun. that is all i have to say.

Years
  • in my opinion.

Destroy characters that sucked.

no more adding characters and forms unless they know that they will sell big.

Bring back the classics like Chao Garden and stuff like that

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    They also need to go back to calling Eggman, Robotnik, because Eggman is a stupid name and ruins the charater, they also need to remove charaters that where not in the original games (Sonic,Sonic2,Sonic3,Sonic and Knuckels), maybe keep Shadow as a boss though not a playable charater, the games should be like New Super Mario Bros, 3D-ish 2D.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Hmph, I saw a VERY similar list like this on ign.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • They also need to go back to calling Eggman, Robotnik, because Eggman is a stupid name and ruins the charater, they also need to remove charaters that where not in the original games (Sonic,Sonic2,Sonic3,Sonic and Knuckels), maybe keep Shadow as a boss though not a playable charater, the games should be like New Super Mario Bros, 3D-ish 2D.
    But....his name is Eggman. Robotnik was something Sega of America came up with, but he was always Eggman in Japan. The just randomly decided to start calling him by his actual name here one day.

Just like how Princess Peach has always been Princess Peach in Japan. But Nintendo of America called her Princess Toadstool and then one day they started calling Peach, like Japan.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    But....his name is Eggman. Robotnik was something Sega of America came up with, but he was always Eggman in Japan. The just randomly decided to start calling him by his actual name here one day.

Just like how Princess Peach has always been Princess Peach in Japan. But Nintendo of America called her Princess Toadstool and then one day they started calling Peach, like Japan.

Not true, Ivo Robotnik is his Real name, Eggman is a nickname given to him by Sonic and Tails because of his shape, which ended up sticking with him in later games, but his real name is still Ivo Robotnik.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Cadet Falcon, I absolutely agree with you!

Especially with the character and chao thing! They really should bring back Team Chaotix. They were awesome and I was so happy when they appeared in Sonic Heroes again. We don't need Silver, Jet and whatever the stupid chars are called.

I dunno how many hours I spent in the Chao Garden on Sonic Adventure 2. (Also on SA)
    Such a great idea and I dont understand Sega why they didnt bring them back. I know almost everyone loved them.

I actually got back into Sonic just a few months ago. I had been a Sonic fan since Sonic 2 on Genesis but Shadow the Hedgehog put me off.
    I think that was the very first game they really screwed up. I couldnt believe how much Shadow had changed from SA2 til StH.
    I havent played Sonic Unleashed yet but the werehog thing doesnt appeal to me.

Sonic Chronicles was kinda good though. But it wasnt created by Sega lol

In the end all I can say is that Sega fairly did anything wrong.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Get the old guy who did sonic's voice back, also tails needs to grow up a bit, and yes PLEASE SEGA bring back the chao garden.....and the prinipale with the fake tash

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
  • Sonic will never die!!!

Anyway, I reckon Sonic should take a page out of New Super Mario Bros, and revisit the old, and good, Sonic games, mainly Sonic 2 as it was the best, or even Sonic and Knux but add a few new faces, Shadow, Tails, Amy, Chaotix, Blaze, but not Silver.

Sonic was saved because of SSBB i reckon, that is the only reason he is staying put on Nintendo's turf I believe, hopefully Sonic can recover from SU and make an impact for the 2nd Coming, and Hopefully the new Sonic, Sonic and the Black Knight.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yeah, Sonic is not going to be going anywhere, well at least untill Mario dies XD.

Anyway, I think sonic needs to go back to his days as a platformer, like Mario. However, I like the ideas of "Adventure," but wheres all the jumping and such.

Sonics design - i think they should continue using his Unleashed design because it gives him that anime edge as opposed to 06 where he looked to real.

Keep it cartoony - Many of the past Sonic games were way to serious and then unleashed reintroduced us back to the cartoony style of Sonic and thats all I want.

Well I want some of the humans to go, but then again they are on Earth so there has to be humans present. I just dont like how they introduce humans into the main cast
    e.g Elise and Prof Pickle.
    The only real human in the cast should be Eggman.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I just wish they would bring back classic characters like Mighty and Ray. They were awsome.

Hell yeah.

Stop introducing new characters. It's stupid.
    Bring back oldies!

Now, if you guys insist on making new characters, make it good! (Blaze. That was actually a somewhat decent character!)

And as everyone said, BRING BACK THE CHAO GARDEN!
    Okay, at least you can collect, trade, and use Chao in Chronicles......... but it's not the same >.>
    I want the Chao Gardens back! >.<

Years
  • We know, Sega's screwed up the hedgehog's name pretty bad. Mostly with 06 and a lot of people were mad with the were-hog. This is what SEGA should do to make a half-decent Sonic game. We need an 8 at least if the hedghog wants to live on. This is," How SEGA can make a GOOD Sonic the Hedgehog game!"

1- Get Rid of the Humans

*Stops reading and kills self*

You said get rid of the humans, right?

Anyway,
    I say only use original characters and Shadow from now on unless they have some bizarre party game.

They should include Super Sonic less and find a new enemy for Sonic.

Back