• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Life

Heartless33

Master Cloner
Years
  • Not very good with poems but I will give it a shot tell me what you think.

I live in a house nice a small
    I really don't have nothing at all
    I stay up day and night
    really can't enjoy a wounderful sight
    I really wish I can play without having to pay
    I wish I can enjoy my life without having to pay a price

So tell me how was it, it really didn't make any sense but I did try but I really am not good at poems so I understand if I did anything wrong.

Heartless33

Master Cloner
    Years
  • Lol I hope your teacher likes it because if not I might get an F and I don't want anymore of those. thanks for the comment it was my first poem actually. (phew thank goodness am not in school)

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Honestly, I don't really like it. It has quite a few issues that I feel should be addressed.

I live in a house nice a small

What is this, exactly? I can't really make a sentence out of this... one or more of the words needs to be moved/changed/removed.

I really don't have nothing at all

Double negative. I know it can work in some cases, but this isn't one of them.

I stay up day and night

Doesn't everyone?

really can't enjoy a wounderful sight

Hmm... a bit conversational, and the word "really" doesn't belong here. Maybe put a comma at the end of the last line, and remove really?

I really wish I can play without having to pay

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense, to be honest. There are some obvious grammar problems using the conditional tense here, as well. ('can' should be 'could')

I wish I can enjoy my life without having to pay a price

You broke the rhyme scheme, and I'm not certain why. Same problems with the conditional tense.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    I understand what Glitter Stain says, that the meter is all wrong and the language is poorly chosen. But I'd like to construe it in a different way. The writing reminds of the way some inner-city kids I once knew used to talk. You could interpret it to be a portrait of the desperation of children living in the cities used to endure during the early 20th century.
    I think this poem exemplifies the gray, mundane world in which the author, and many others live or lived.

Back