PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Loki
December 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Roleplay Discussion Thread

What can I do here?
If you have any questions regarding Roleplay, post them here!
You can also solicit members for your roleplay in here, or gauge the level of interest in a potential plot idea.
Also, if you've any ideas for a plot and would like others to help you flesh out your idea, or if you want to suggest an idea, this is the place!

Just keep in mind...
Please keep all conversations on-topic and please do not post unnecessarily!
If you are advertising your roleplay, please keep 48 hours in-between your advertising posts.

(Members are encouraged to answer questions, but avoid mini-modding and nitpicking - it's safe to say that Skymin and Magic Fox are nearby.)

Konekodemon
December 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
does anyone have any newly made Inuyasha roleplays, I'd like to play Kagome please, I'm very good at playing her, all the other rps already have someone playing her

N-XIGE
December 17th, 2008, 12:33 PM
You should use the 'Search' Feature; it helps a lot...just search with the key word as 'Inuyasha' in the RP section.

Konekodemon
December 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM
i did and all the ones found already had Kagome being played by someone

Rii
December 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I have an Idea for a Fushigi Yugi rp. But it might be a little to complex to work. lol So I thought I'd ask to see if anyone would like to do a joint project.

It's called Fushigi Yugi: Preistess Wars. Basically this takes place 60 or so od years after Miaka's and Tamahome's efforts in the Universe of the Four Gods. The book was kept in Miaka's safekeeping for a long time. Then one day Yui was helping her friend clean some thing out of her home to move when the book was "accidently" lost. For 60 years no one has seen or heard anything of the book. Then one day into the future the book turns up at the house of an old lady who bought it at a book convention to give to her youngest grandaughter. The book turns out to be a dissapointment because there is no story, only a strange script written in Chinease and the words Pristess Wars written in bold under that.

I'd need 4 pristesses for this along with all of the warriors for each pristess. That's why I'm saying it may be too much. But I do really think a Fushigi Yugi rp would be fun, even if it's not my own idea.

Konekodemon
December 19th, 2008, 12:18 AM
that sounds like a fun idea

Blitzballer
December 23rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Here's what I was thinking!

Well...I like the world of "Spira", right? So I was thinking about doing a Final Fantasy X RP! Ta-da! Sounds amazing right?! Yeah, okay...back to the interesting idea.

Anyway, it would be set during the same time as Yuna and the gang, and it will involve another summoner's party. I was thinking though, about having two (count 'em TWO!) parties at the same time! One, the good group; the other, bad. They'll start out at two different places and have their own stories to work with, but it'll all happen in the same thread (or two?), and they'll both eventually meet down the RP's road. Does it sound like a workable idea? I like it, but I just wanted to get some feed-back first. I'll flesh out the story later!

Shadowfaith
December 25th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Kawaii: That actually sounds quite fun. I would join because of my love for Final Fantasy and it just sounds like your avarage, full of fun RPG to be honest with you. I would be up for that ^_^

Oh and if anyone has any ideas for an RPG where everyone can join in, I would love to hear them because I'm thinking of doing another one to bring a bit more life to ORPG section XD

Rabbit
December 25th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I think we need more roleplays with normal people...as in, no gods, no anime characters, and no powers. Granted, it might be a little more difficult to spice up the plot, but it would be a nice change from the usual.

Shadowfaith
December 27th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hmm, what did you have in mind? It would be a little hard to create something like that, but I kinda know what you mean. Were you thinking some sort of high school or something like that?

Also I was thinking we could bring the RPG awards back? We haven't ahd one in ages ^_^ x

DrazenHayato
December 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Still working on plot, but I might start a Zoids rp

Zimvee
January 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
You know what Role-Play I want to see. A Runaways role-play. (For those who don't know what that is, its a Marvel Comic series.) I'v been thinking about making one for awhile now but I don't know where to start. Any thoughts?

Konekodemon
January 11th, 2009, 10:30 AM
You should use the 'Search' Feature; it helps a lot...just search with the key word as 'Inuyasha' in the RP section.

I searched and every one of them was too old to post in.

parallelzero
March 3rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Hopefully this gets noticed here... XD

Prologue
Every story has a beginning, middle, and an end. Without these things, a story is nothing more than a bunch of words with absolutely no point. Well, this story has all of those things, and the beginning takes us as far back in time as World War II.

Constantine Leubast was a German man who had seen his fill of unpleasant things over the course of his life. When he was young, he did his part for his country and participated in the Second World War He lost everything during that time. Friends, family, everything was stripped from him while he was off fighting battles for reasons he didn’t believe in. By the time the war ended, he was already thirty-five, and he had nothing left. He spent the next ten years of his life wallowing in depression, not allowing himself to get close to anyone or anything. Constantine simply locked himself in his tiny apartment, making no contact with the outside world. He let himself go.

That all changed, one day, when he received word from his only remaining family, his Uncle, that he had met the perfect bride for Constantine, in Canada of all places. His Uncle had traveled there several months prior on business. According to the letter, this woman, Isolda, would be the perfect companion for Constantine. Curious, and intent on getting out of his rut, the man departed for the foreign country the next month, unaware of what type of woman this "Isolda" might be.

When Constantine was introduced to his predicted love interest sometime later, he was a little more than shocked. The woman, like himself, holed herself up in her apartment, not daring to go outside for any reason. Why? Simply because she had a lifestyle that most people could not accept. She liked the dark, the gothic, and the people around her could not acknowledge her interests. Constantine on the other hand, felt sympathy for the woman, a person who was all alone like himself and made a habit of going to visit her every day. It was that the two would fall in love and eventually marry.

When they had saved up enough money as a couple, Constantine and Isolda Leubast purchased the land to build a mansion out in the Canadian wilderness out of the dark designs of Isolda's mind. They moved in not long afterward, and lived happy lives together until things went astray.

Isolda eventually proposed the idea of wanting a child, a daughter, something Constantine had no interest in having. The wife pushed and pushed until her husband eventually snapped. It's probably worth mentioning here that Isolda, ever since the completion of the mansion, had been slowly losing strands of her sanity. As they were in the middle of nowhere, cut off from the rest of civilization, loneliness crept up on her and slowly ate away. She was often found before the mirror in the entrance hallway, talking to her non-existent child which was only her reflection. She talked endlessly about dressing them up in gothic lolita, a style that had recently become popular in Japan that she had seen pictures of.

Constantine eventually left Isolda without saying a word. He just up and disappeared, abandoning her lonely self in that huge mansion. It goes without saying that she committed suicide shortly after, in front of that wretched mirror. Her last words went to her imaginary child, wishing that they could watch over herself and the house. Rumor has it that her husband went back to collect some items from the home one day, but he never returned. The truth of the matter, as detectives eventually learned, was that he was ripped limb from limb, his body parts scattered in various parts of the mansion.

After that, Leubast mansion was left completely alone, until one raining day in 2006. A young man was unfortunate enough to run out of gas nearby the Leubast mansion. Curious, and hoping for some gas, the youth entered the house, only to be startled by his own reflection in the ominous mirror of the entrance hall. He laughed it off, but was overcome with a new horror when he noticed himself changing, taking on a form quite unlike his own. A curse transformed him, and a girl in Gothic Lolita attire stood in his place. She recognized herself as Annabel Lee Leubast, and the boy's memories were soon taken by the curse as well, replaced with the fake personality and memories of a girl that never existed in the first place.

Annabel Lee, "daughter" of Isolda Leubast, lived alone in that mansion for three years, over which period of time she learned her had unique gifts. She did not age, for one, and she seemed to have an unusual bond with the spiritual. Yet, as the destiny of all Leubast women seemed to be, she quickly grew lonely without anyone else around. So, imagine her luck when a group of unfortunate souls showed up at her front door in search of shelter from the rain...

Plot
I can imagine you know where this is going. You arrive at the Leubast Mansion after your car broke down on the way to a wedding with a bunch of friends. What's worse, you locked yourselves out and it started to rain! Clearly, going in the scary looking mansion was the best choice. Unluckily for you, the sole, supernatural resident of the mansion has been very lonely, and she really needs someone to keep her entertained.

Ooookay. So, just seeing if anyone is interested in the idea. It would be a horror RP based around curses, and here's the most interesting part: Anyone who gains approval to join the RP by me gets to submit a curse. When the RP is about to start, I will stick all the ideas in this (http://www.random.org/lists/) randomizer, and the curses will get assigned to different characters! Of course, you'd have to be willing to accept the curse you end up with, if that was the case. So, any takers?

Yuoaman
April 6th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I really like the idea for that horror RP, I would almost definitely play!

Now, my idea for an RP!

SHADOWS OF MAROÖRH

CHAPTER ONE

The Drakúran War… Forty years since that massive war, spanning eight generations, was ended in a single night… Many legends surround the events leading to the end of the war, but only a select few know the truth. But none of this matters to the average citizen of Maroörh… For Maroörh is experiencing a time of complete political turmoil, Rieszaine Targarin, only son of the Khair of Maroörh, is spending all the gold available to him, from his many business ventures, on building his own personal army. Rieszane’s army is purportedly for the safety of the nation, but many have begun suspecting that he plans to use it to forcefully take the Khairacy from his aging father.

While the Khair is trying his hardest to keep one step ahead of his son, the Targarin Council, advisors to the Khair for centuries, are plotting against the current ruling line, and attempting to crown a faceless man after the Khair and his son destroy each other. Though the Khair, and most of the population know nothing of this, they do see how it is negatively affecting all facets of life in

In this RP you'll play a citizen of of Maroörh, just an average citizen, with no special powers or whatnot, just trying to survive the political manoeuvrings that surround you.

So, what do you think?

JBCBlank
April 7th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I uploaded a Super Smash Brothers Rp some time last week I think; and even though a new post has showed up in the Check to see if your Roleplay has been accepted (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149368&page=4) I have no idea if I has been accepted or declined. Also, None of my past Rps which have been accepted have showed up there either.

Just something I wanted to throw out.

On a side note, I am working on a Sonic the Hedgehog Rp. Not to sure what kind of plot to use yet, but, something will come up.

Loki
April 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I uploaded a Super Smash Brothers Rp some time last week I think; and even though a new post has showed up in the Check to see if your Roleplay has been accepted (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149368&page=4) I have no idea if I has been accepted or declined. Also, None of my past Rps which have been accepted have showed up there either.

Just something I wanted to throw out.

That thread has nothing to do with Other Roleplay, FYI. It's just Pokemon Roleplay updates that are posted in there.

JBCBlank
April 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM
That thread has nothing to do with Other Roleplay, FYI. It's just Pokemon Roleplay updates that are posted in there.

Then you should make one and have it liked on Helpful links for Rpers... because it's linked there man.

Murder
May 11th, 2009, 06:37 PM
They don't need one here. It isn't as active, and your roleplay won't get buried. You will notice it if you check back.
-------------

Anyways, I want to know what kind of things people are interested in. I don't want to start a roleplay that no one likes.

Konekodemon
May 26th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I'd still like to be in a Inuyasha rp and play Kagome, please if someone would make one

Murder
May 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Konekodemon, you could always make one yourself. >.> It isn't that hard.

Konekodemon
May 26th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Yea right, I can't make one if I don't have a plot. I'll just leave the rp making to other people making rps and handling them is too hard for me.

Loki
May 26th, 2009, 02:33 PM
They don't need one here. It isn't as active, and your roleplay won't get buried. You will notice it if you check back.
-------------

Anyways, I want to know what kind of things people are interested in. I don't want to start a roleplay that no one likes.

I think most people around here are interested in fantasy stuff, but honestly...
Who's left? :/

I'm considering asking to have ORP merged with PRP into just one roleplaying section.
That might garner more attention for ORP, and it'd save the front page from a dead forum taking up space.
People who are left: What do you guys think? :/

Murder
May 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I agree. I haven seen how inactive this can get. I spent quite a a while at this site before I actually signed up. Most people don't bother to touch this section :<. There are a lot of great ideas that go unnoticed because not many people come here, whilst at the Pokemon side the majority of them are filled in a few days- the really good ones in a day or two. The ORP role plays take a while to fill, and when they do, they do not last very long. Lots of creators get flustered and angry because they took the time to make a role play that wasn't pokemon, but see it shot down because of the low activity. It will really help out the role play masters so that they didn't write the plot and ect for nothing. It would help other role players as well, as many of the PRP one's get filled fast. There would be more role plays and thus more to choose from and thus more people getting to participate.

The PRP gets more action. Why? Well, because more people frequent the Pokemon section. They should be merged so some of the more missed RPs get noticed. However, I believe, that some people will become frustrated as they will want a PRP and click on an ORP, and vice-versa. I think that the problem get be solved by the use of the of the prefix system. Like in the emulation section how it allows you to select what rom type, this should allow you to select what role play type it is so that every knows. So, if they strayed away from ORP because they only pokemon, they wouldn't have to waste their time in the thread, trying to figure out whether it is ORP or PRP.

I think it would be good idea, just iron out a few wrinkles such as the prefix thing. I couldn't really, at the moment, see that many problems arise from doing such an action. In fact, I think that if more problems were to arise there would be a solution. But, really other than what I pointed out, I don't see any other problems coming. It might be a bit confusing at times for some people, but I think that it could be done. This would really improve role play activity and would stop a lot of dead threads and what not. However, this would probably cause a more close moderation of threads being accepted, and all OOC threads would have to be moderated or none of them will be moderated. I personally think that it should be none of them, but I am sure that there are reasons that the PRP doesn't have the privelege of the ORP, which would cause for the need of moderation.

That is my seventy-three cents.

Loki
May 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Well... I don't think they'd get mixed up, since by "merging" the forums, I don't mean mashing them together, I mean making ORP a sub-forum of the general roleplay section, which would be PRP.

:I Which means they'd still be in different forums.

Glad you like the idea though.
This is as inactive as ORP has ever been since I came here. Dx [/But I'm pretty sure it was in the process of dying when I came.]

[/maybe it's me. ;A;]

xD Anyway, I'll see if I can't find twenty-seven cents from the other folks. ;D

Gummy
May 26th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I'm for the the idea as well, for reason that Murder already stated. I hope this extremely short post is worth twenty seven cents. :X

Murder
May 26th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Good point, Loki. I interpreted it wrong :>.

Chibi-chan
July 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I really miss slice of life RPs.

Jack O'Neill
July 26th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Slice of life is boring. Try RPing an entire nation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182733) on for size. However, my laziness, the sheer ambitiousness of the idea, and the very steep entry requirements I set up did that idea in for the time being.

Loki
July 26th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Slice of life is boring.

To you. :<

Slice of life is hard to coordinate on PC.
I think if anyone's gonna take another shot at it, we need to intertwine relationships more concretely. D:

Chibi-chan
July 26th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Well, to all of those fantasy lovers...maybe a slice of life RP sorta like Fate Stay Night? Happy during the day and battling at night?

Or maybe even a simple (go save princess) RP that's similar to FF1. I dunno. ORP has been very sleepy indeed u_u

Kivros
July 26th, 2009, 04:25 PM
ORP has been very sleepy indeed u_u
I'll have to agree with you there, but yeah... a slice of life RP sounds good to me...
...Maybe with a touch of fighting in here and there.

parallelzero
July 26th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Slice of life sounds good to me.

But I need to make time to post in these things.

Jack O'Neill
July 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Since my own pet project's dead in the water, I might commit to this one, depending on the exact premise.

In any case, you can have my gun and my knife when you pry them from my cold, dead hands...which may actually be more likely than anyone here thinks if this thing actually progresses past development hell.

Netta
July 29th, 2009, 01:41 AM
I have a bit of a question for everyone out there. It's not your normal rp, but I think it would be one to try out, but I'm afraid of creating one because I'm still not sure how to pull it off.

I was wanting to do a type of Wolf's Rain rp. It's not based on the Wolf's Rain itself, but very similar. We arn't looking for paradice, but more of a way to survive. I was thinking of having different roles in each pack. I like the idea that the wolves can allowed themselves to be seen as humans when needed for safety.

What do you guys think?

Vigilante
July 31st, 2009, 05:38 PM
Slice of life sounds just super. I'd do it.

Konekodemon
August 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
Can someone make a Marmalade Boy RPG please? I've been searching all over the web and haven't seen a single one. I would start one myself, but I have no idea how to go about making a Marmalade Boy RPG.

изм
August 7th, 2009, 01:42 AM
I wanted to ask you guys, first please do not get offended, but i've seen most roleplays to be like sci/fi and fantasy stuff, with world at peril and saviours saving things and all, i mean most of the RP's i come through on one way or the other have same genres, so isn't there anything that can be Practical..? i mean reality based RP, i know i myself won't be able to pull it off nicely but just asking, people do have great ideas for Other Roleplay Section, just no one creates it with the fear of it dying.

The Gaurdian
September 1st, 2009, 02:23 PM
I have an Idea that is based on Star Wars Knights of the OLD Republic...

Forgotton Knights of the Old Republic
Dark Tide Rising

Prolude
Four thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire, The Republic verges on collapse. After a long war against the Mandalorians, a war like race that brought death to new levels, the very heros of the Republic have fallen to the dark side. And with a massive fleet the new lord of the Sith, the Dark Lord Revan attacked the broken Republic, burning worlds and killing countless billions. But a Jedi strike team ambushed the dark lord and killed him...

Darth Malak, last surviving apprentice of the Dark Lord Revan, has unleashed an incincible Sith armada upon the unsuspecting galaxy. Crushing all resistance, Malak's war of conquest has left the Jedi Order scattered and vulnerable as countless Knights fall in battle, and many more swer allegiance to their new Sith Master. Malak hunts the Jedi Knight who killed his master, in fear that he will be next.

Two and a half years after the Sith launched their attack, In the skies above the outer rim world of Taris, A Jedi battle fleet engaged the forces of Darth Malak in a despreate effort to halt the Siths galactic domination, and the fate of the galaxy depends on the efforts of a republic soldier, his hardend officer, a young Jedi, as well as their companions...

But they are not the only parts to this story. No, left out are the stories of those that took on much harder challanges than the more known story of The Star Forge War. Many died to halt the sith invasion, and a few lived. But like clock work, everything was dependent on everything else...

Or I have another Idea... but I would rather wait and finish working on the Prolude for that before I contune... It is a WWII Idea based on a board game... sigh...

изм
September 1st, 2009, 09:36 PM
That's what i am saying, people have lot of ideas, but why does no one care to join then..? btw WWII can be great.

The Gaurdian
September 2nd, 2009, 04:17 AM
I want to get it so that you play one person in an army(dont know yet) but you go through the war and your squad(The players) are the only living squad to live out of your unit... DONT know what army to do though...

As for the strangly edited KotOR one, you arnt the heros, You play a side role that alters the rest of the game... If you dont know much about the game then that is what the cool scroll up thing is for.

изм
September 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
Kay.

But what will be the setting be like..? Fictional thingie..? Coz i'm much more into COD and stuff so i thought in that sense or likewise.

The Gaurdian
September 2nd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Uh, maybe something along the lines of COD WaW, but there is a large gap of time between the Russian campain levels(even if dates seam wrong.) So maybe something along the lines of Russian campain; what happens while your gone, Thingy... ugh... To much thinking without making a Prolude...

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/175.gif

King!
September 14th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi PC!

Well, I've never RP'ed here in ORP before, but a while back I had an idea. Why hasn't there been a Harry POtter RP?

I'm working on one right now, but I need something to make it diverse...I had a few ideas....

Setting: 30 years after Voldemort's downfall, at Hogwarts, of course.
I was thinking of having twelve RP'ers, three in each house. Of course, all the characters besides Neville, who teachs Herbology, and maybe Binns, who is dead and cannot retire, are different. There'd be Quidditch, the better the post, the better your score. Classes are included....

The twelve Hogwarts classes are:

Herbology
Ancient Runes
Astronomy
Arithmancy
Charms
Potions
Care of Magical Creatures
Transfiguration
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Divination
History of Magic
and Muggle Studies.

I would take out Arithmancy, Divination, Ancient Runes, and Astronomy, due to lack iof knowledge.

I would probably merge Potions and Traansfiguration, and make Uses of Magic, and another class called The Magical World, where everything else is covered. So....

Herbology
Magical World
Muggle Studies
Uses of Magic
Charms
History of Magic

Each person would take four classes, probably, but could pick more.

House Points given for completing homework, good posts, and other things.

Now, to make it more interesting, there could maybe be a Twelvwizard Tournament, instead of Triwizard, where three members of each house, reandomly chosen, do tasks?

What do you think of ideas? And, if possible, would you like to help by being a teacher or Head of house?

PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

drunk ¬_¬
September 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Hi PC!

Well, I've never RP'ed here in ORP before, but a while back I had an idea. Why hasn't there been a Harry POtter RP?

I'm working on one right now, but I need something to make it diverse...I had a few ideas....

Setting: 30 years after Voldemort's downfall, at Hogwarts, of course.
I was thinking of having twelve RP'ers, three in each house. Of course, all the characters besides Neville, who teachs Herbology, and maybe Binns, who is dead and cannot retire, are different. There'd be Quidditch, the better the post, the better your score. Classes are included....

The twelve Hogwarts classes are:

Herbology
Ancient Runes
Astronomy
Arithmancy
Charms
Potions
Transfiguration
Divination
History of Magic
and Muggle Studies.

I would take out Arithmancy, Divination, Ancient Runes, and Astronomy, due to lack iof knowledge.

I would probably merge Potions and Traansfiguration, and make Uses of Magic, and another class called The Magical World, where everything else is covered. So....

Herbology
Magical World
Muggle Studies
Uses of Magic
Charms
History of Magic

Each person would take four classes, probably, but could pick more.

House Points given for completing homework, good posts, and other things.

Now, to make it more interesting, there could maybe be a Twelvwizard Tournament, instead of Triwizard, where three members of each house, reandomly chosen, do tasks?

What do you think of ideas? And, if possible, would you like to help by being a teacher or Head of house?

PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

well, that does sound like a rather interesting concept, although it might be pretty hard to pull off... (i've had really bad luck when it comes to school-life rp's >3>)

anyways... if [after working more on the concept] you do post this up, i'd be more than happy of joining it :D

i'd recommend putting in duels as well :bandit:

King!
September 15th, 2009, 11:06 AM
OKay, cool. And yeah, duels aer good. I'm thinking maybe the better the posts, the more skill your chracter has, and the more effective their spells, maybe?

Cirrus
September 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
So. I've been thinking.

All the RPs have some sort of adventure carried with each of them; be it school life, as in the examples above, a journey to defeat evil, or a challenge of some sort, such as a contest. I can't recall any non-adventure-based RP recently. But, I have a somewhat interesting concept, different in basic nature.

What if the sole purpose of the RP was to develop your characters? Sure, you make a character for an RP, and usually not the other way around... but the possibilities are endless. I'm not ruling out adventure as part of the RP, nor dictating that character development doesn't happen in adventure RPs; I merely propose a shift of focus. This might even make people interested in their character more, and therefore extending the lifespan of an RP.

This is an interest post. Character development RP? Yes/No. And I'd like to write, if there were enough people, assorted things (and a brand new world if so desired) for it.

Post scriptum: Dibs on the idea, mmkay?

King!
October 5th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Okay, so, this is regarding my RP idea a couple posts above.

I need someone who is willing to help me with it...or, three peoples to be exact. You need to know and like Harry Potter, and you have to be active and responsible. More details will be given to anyone who wants to help!

Konekodemon
October 6th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Someone please make a Marmalade Boy RPG. PLEASE!

blazikem072
October 31st, 2009, 05:28 AM
me and your mom do it up the bum
pefect rp

Idiot!
November 14th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I am planning to make a Persona RP, based on the popular game by Shin Megami Tensei.

The Bringer!
November 18th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hey there PC role players and fellow lurkers =3

I'm fairly new to roleplayin' and shnazz, but have had a lot of fun wiht my experiences so far... but, I have entertained ideas of being an rp runner rather than "just" one of the role players. How would a run-of-the-mill fantasy rp sound, set in a lawless "wild west" sorta place? So far in this section I've just seen franchise based roleplays although I wouldn't mind a kirby one..., and have wanted to try something different. You think this would go over well?

Rabbit
November 25th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Hey there PC role players and fellow lurkers =3

I'm fairly new to roleplayin' and shnazz, but have had a lot of fun wiht my experiences so far... but, I have entertained ideas of being an rp runner rather than "just" one of the role players. How would a run-of-the-mill fantasy rp sound, set in a lawless "wild west" sorta place? So far in this section I've just seen franchise based roleplays although I wouldn't mind a kirby one..., and have wanted to try something different. You think this would go over well?

I'm cool with non-franchise roleplays because I have no interest in Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever they have going on down there. On the other hand, I'm not too savvy with historical roleplays. The Wild West wasn't taught in my history courses so I know next to nothing about it. You certainly don't want some doofus to put their character in a Japanese kimono and plastic eating utensils. You'd need to give the players a rundown of the historical setting and expectations.

The Bringer!
November 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I'm cool with non-franchise roleplays because I have no interest in Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever they have going on down there. On the other hand, I'm not too savvy with historical roleplays. The Wild West wasn't taught in my history courses so I know next to nothing about it. You certainly don't want some doofus to put their character in a Japanese kimono and plastic eating utensils. You'd need to give the players a rundown of the historical setting and expectations.

Well, I suppose that wasn't the best wording to use on my part...
I didn't really mean like set in the wild west ^^;
I meant that it was more like a lawless frontier setting xD

Lol but yeah, glad to see someone responded to the idea ^^

Rabbit
November 25th, 2009, 07:21 PM
In that case, OMG yes! Lawless frontier all the way. Even better if it's set in an unexplored, densely forested alien planet. >3< But maybe I'm asking for too much.

Frostbiteकर्म
December 27th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Would anyone seem interested in a Harry Potter RP that would go from years 1-7? Your character would basically be in Harry's year, so they would experience many things Harry would (such as the troll in the first book, the Triwizard Tournament in the fourth book, etc.) only it would be told from your character's POV. Obviously things would be exactly like Harry Potter, because your character wouldn't be there for some instances (seeing Sirius Black in the third book, battling Death Eaters in the fifth, etc.) So...does that interest anyone? I was thinking of making it a One on One RP, simply because of the length.

King!
December 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I tried to make a Harry Potter one, and it was so much work that I kind of gave up on the idea. However, this idea wasn't ariound Harry's time, so your idea might be a lot easier to carry out. Overall, I'd say go for it.

{Swan}
December 28th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I think it sounds awesome Fen, but you know how much I like Harry P...
xD

Rabbit
December 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Would anyone seem interested in a Harry Potter RP that would go from years 1-7? Your character would basically be in Harry's year, so they would experience many things Harry would (such as the troll in the first book, the Triwizard Tournament in the fourth book, etc.) only it would be told from your character's POV. Obviously things would be exactly like Harry Potter, because your character wouldn't be there for some instances (seeing Sirius Black in the third book, battling Death Eaters in the fifth, etc.) So...does that interest anyone? I was thinking of making it a One on One RP, simply because of the length.

So it would be like the books, but minus all of the action? Aside from hanging out with wizards, what do the characters get to do?

Frostbiteकर्म
December 28th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Luigi-a: I know, you adore HP XD

Rabbit: I wouldn't say all of the action necessarily. Your character could still be on the Quidditch team (should they tryout), they would experience when the Death Eaters take over Hogwarts, stuff like that. I was also thinking that maybe closer to the 5th year, your characters can befriend Harry and go on some of his adventures. Not all, just a couple like going to the Ministry and battling the Death Eaters...Just to add a bit more to the RP.

I could also incorporate a reason for the character's family/themselves to be on the hitlist as well. Or I guess I could just have a completely new time, make a new Dark Wizard, and make the two characters (or more, if I don't do a one on one) the main heroes. I was just thinking it would be a bit easier to do to make it in Harry's time, only telling from different POVs.

изм
January 11th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'm making an Devil Survivor RP based on Shin Megami Tensei series, it has spells, magic, demons and questions on religious morality, myths etc, and yeah with twists and all.

ArcanineOod
January 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM

Rabbit: I wouldn't say all of the action necessarily. Your character could still be on the Quidditch team (should they tryout), they would experience when the Death Eaters take over Hogwarts, stuff like that. I was also thinking that maybe closer to the 5th year, your characters can befriend Harry and go on some of his adventures. Not all, just a couple like going to the Ministry and battling the Death Eaters...Just to add a bit more to the RP.

I could also incorporate a reason for the character's family/themselves to be on the hitlist as well. Or I guess I could just have a completely new time, make a new Dark Wizard, and make the two characters (or more, if I don't do a one on one) the main heroes. I was just thinking it would be a bit easier to do to make it in Harry's time, only telling from different POVs.

Have you considered perhaps setting it after HP, when (don't open this if you haven't finished the Deathly Hallows)
Harry's group's children are in Hogwarts? Where Neville Longbottom is our character's Herbology Professor and stuff?
Where Voldy is long gone but a new threat is rising, and perhaps the Ministry is becoming corrupt and overbearing? I'd join a Harry Potter RP if it was good and I had enough time. =3
I'd probably join if it was Harry's time, too. Just an idea. ^_^

xX

Rabbit
January 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM

OR, if you respecting canon isn't your main goal, how running a House Sparklypoo (http://piratemonkeysinc.com/ms1.htm) roleplay? Sparklypoo is everyone's favourite house, even if they tell you they want to be Gryffindor. ;) Have all of the characters be ditzy Mary-Sues and load them with unrealistic challenges as a means to develop character! Yes indeedy.

ArcanineOod
January 12th, 2010, 01:02 PM
even if they tell you they want to be Gryffindor. ;)

Ha! Stuff that; I'm a Hufflepuff through and through, thanks!
I hereby totally claim a spot in Hufflepuff if there's going to be one in this possible RP. Oh yes, feel the Hufflepuff love.
A new house, eh? I've never even considered it! XD

xX

Frostbiteकर्म
January 12th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Ehh, I'm not much into the Sparklypoo Mary Sue stuff. I don't care if you have no idea what a Mary Sue is and then accidentally create one, 'cuz I did that myself, but if you do...I'm not going to purposefully have people make Mary Sues, because I can't stand them. And I have such a full RP schedule now (along with school), I don't think the RP will be up for a while, but I'm going to definitely keep it in mind.

изм
January 14th, 2010, 10:04 PM
My RP is up if anyone wants to have a look then over here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205337

The Jewel of Life
January 17th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Hey there everyone, I'm dropping in to the roleplay discussion thread with a little
something to say, so get ready to start reading~

Kay, so I have a very active imagination and have the ideas necessary to make essentially an entire new pokemon generation complete with new gym leaders, a new professor, new items, new pokemon, and more. However, I can't make games or hacks which leaves me with the choice of a forum text roleplay that I could use my ideas in. However, I'm not sure how many people would enjoy a chapter-based roleplay where you start from scratch and use fakemon, so I would like to hear the input of some of the active users visiting this thread on the subject. So, what'll it be, should I submit this new roleplay (although it may take a while for me to do so), or not? Please discuss.~

Rabbit
January 18th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Hey there everyone, I'm dropping in to the roleplay discussion thread with a little
something to say, so get ready to start reading~

Kay, so I have a very active imagination and have the ideas necessary to make essentially an entire new pokemon generation complete with new gym leaders, a new professor, new items, new pokemon, and more. However, I can't make games or hacks which leaves me with the choice of a forum text roleplay that I could use my ideas in. However, I'm not sure how many people would enjoy a chapter-based roleplay where you start from scratch and use fakemon, so I would like to hear the input of some of the active users visiting this thread on the subject. So, what'll it be, should I submit this new roleplay (although it may take a while for me to do so), or not? Please discuss.~

I think you've posted in the wrong discussion thread...this is for non-Pokemon roleplays.

Anyhow, I would not be excited to see a new journey RP, fakemon or not. I think they're boring as bread rolls. We need some new ideas, not a rehash of the games.

Why do you want to make the characters start from scratch and battle all the gyms? Why not create a completely unique plot?

killet513
February 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
I agree with Rabbit, make the RPers do sothing else instead of mak them play a new game, but typing it. So, all in all it's a bad idea sorry. If you would, please checl out my RP The Mystery of the Dragon.

XxAzaliaxX
March 15th, 2010, 02:21 AM
I'm a fairly new face around these parts : D but I have discovered the RP section of the PokeCommunity. I was overjoyed (of course) I decided on a whim.... that I would make a Fruits Basket RP.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...
Fruits Basket is a story about a girl finding a family that is under a very strange curse. This curse turns one of the Sohma's into one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Not everyone turns into an animal though. Thirteen "lucky" souls have the spirit of the zodiac living inside them (please note that the cursed can't speak to the zodiac spirit. It's the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Boar and Cat.

The Cat though is not included in the Zodiac as a member, because the Rat tricked the Cat into thinking that the banquet everyone was invited to was held on a different day. "God" then decided that The Cat would not participate in the Zodiac banquet again. "God" also cursed the cat with another transformation, when the beds from the previous cat were removed from his wrists, he would transform into a horrible monster.

In all there are 14 cursed Sohmas, including the God, and the Cat. The God though, cursed with the burden of carrying the weight of the curse, has very bad health. Some of the other Zodiac members also have bad health.

The Sohmas turn into their Zodiac animal (except God) when hugged by a person of the opposite gender, or when they're really weak.

Tohru befriends the Sohmas pretty easily, and through a series of events, she breaks them free from the curse. True Love is what breaks the curse.

In my RP, it would be a what if scenario What if the curse hadn't been broken and a new generation of Sohmas was cursed?

Anyways I wanted to know if anyone would be interested xD I don't want to make it, and it turns out that I get no one to join.

Vorteld
March 15th, 2010, 03:03 AM
The Voice of The North Wind is Re-vamped. I hope to run a Very Serious RP (words are courtesy of Rabbit, thank you) with lots of intense social interaction!

perfectmonster
March 15th, 2010, 03:09 AM
I'm a fairly new face around these parts : D but I have discovered the RP section of the PokeCommunity. I was overjoyed (of course) I decided on a whim.... that I would make a Fruits Basket RP.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...
Fruits Basket is a story about a girl finding a family that is under a very strange curse. This curse turns one of the Sohma's into one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Not everyone turns into an animal though. Thirteen "lucky" souls have the spirit of the zodiac living inside them (please note that the cursed can't speak to the zodiac spirit. It's the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Boar and Cat.

The Cat though is not included in the Zodiac as a member, because the Rat tricked the Cat into thinking that the banquet everyone was invited to was held on a different day. "God" then decided that The Cat would not participate in the Zodiac banquet again. "God" also cursed the cat with another transformation, when the beds from the previous cat were removed from his wrists, he would transform into a horrible monster.

In all there are 14 cursed Sohmas, including the God, and the Cat. The God though, cursed with the burden of carrying the weight of the curse, has very bad health. Some of the other Zodiac members also have bad health.

The Sohmas turn into their Zodiac animal (except God) when hugged by a person of the opposite gender, or when they're really weak.

Tohru befriends the Sohmas pretty easily, and through a series of events, she breaks them free from the curse. True Love is what breaks the curse.

In my RP, it would be a what if scenario What if the curse hadn't been broken and a new generation of Sohmas was cursed?

Anyways I wanted to know if anyone would be interested xD I don't want to make it, and it turns out that I get no one to join.

That would be pretty cool man! What would happen?

TurtleKing
March 15th, 2010, 06:45 AM
My Digimon RP hasn't been posted yet... is there a timeframe?

ArcanineOod
March 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Dunno, mate. Sorry!

I have an idea I want to chuck out there to see if anyone would like it. It's loosely based on some of the ideas present in the Percy Jackson series, but you need not have read the books to understand the RP. I haven't even finished reading Lightning Thief myself, so for now the only thing similar is that there's a camp place where the demigod children of the Olympic gods and mortals meet up to hone their skills and stuff. The RPers will play characters that either have only just found out that they're demigods, between the ages of fourteen and twenty-five (perhaps just 14-19. I'm not sure yet). The RP itself will be PG-15/16.
The plot'll probably be something to do with the evil characters from Ancient Greek Mythology banding together and rising up to take over the world and stuff. I'm not quite sure yet.
Obviously, at least decent knowledge of Ancient Greek Mythology will be preferable.

What do you lot think? Good? Bad? Something you'd be interested in?
xX

collie
March 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
I'd be really interested in the Percy Jackson-type RP. Of course, my views on Greek mythology are...well, I suppose you could say a little whacky. Haha, so that could be...awkward? Bad? I'm not sure...

I was thinking of making an RP loosely based off of X/1999...except it'd be focused on 2012 (ye gods, it hurts me to choose that date but it's good for...end of the world type dates nowadays). I was also going to incorporate some Aztec and Mexica spirituality that I've been learning about, as well as some Western magic. It'd be more focused on character development, though, and end up straying very far from the X/1999 series (I haven't finished the manga series, and the movie kills me...kills me).

The Magus
April 4th, 2010, 06:13 AM
should I post the roleplay OOC when I post the roleplay thread, or when it's accepted?

Meta-Morph
April 4th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I think after you turn in the RP.

The Magus
April 4th, 2010, 06:35 AM
thank you... I'm grateful for the help.

Editman
April 22nd, 2010, 03:31 AM
Anyone down for doing a Marvel Universe Type Rpg?

perfectmonster
April 22nd, 2010, 04:23 AM
What do you mean? Like we're all a superhero each? :3 I bags spiderman!

Editman
April 22nd, 2010, 07:13 AM
What do you mean? Like we're all a superhero each? :3 I bags spiderman!

Exactly, I'll more than likely base it off the Marvel Civil War, and then really we can just go from there

Strawbearry_PANDA
May 25th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I have a bit of a question for everyone out there. It's not your normal rp, but I think it would be one to try out, but I'm afraid of creating one because I'm still not sure how to pull it off.

I was wanting to do a type of Wolf's Rain rp. It's not based on the Wolf's Rain itself, but very similar. We arn't looking for paradice, but more of a way to survive. I was thinking of having different roles in each pack. I like the idea that the wolves can allowed themselves to be seen as humans when needed for safety.

What do you guys think?

I know I'm a bit late to post, but I would just love that. OwO

perfectmonster
May 30th, 2010, 04:01 AM
How would people feel about another Kingdom Hearts RP because the other one is going no-where?

Kon~
June 21st, 2010, 10:31 AM
Do you think there is much call for a His Dark Materials RP? I just really love that series, and I have a timeframe planned, the plot is nearly there and I want to know if there is enough interest to make it happen. :D

It would, of course, contain humans from any universe (but preferably the main two) and all manner of creatures (NPC, however), so there would be enough diversity for people's preferences - who hasn't wanted to RP a Ci'gazze child?! And I am working on the details for a plot that would move them all together (considering the canon of there being only one window left and the knife broken >.>).

So... any interest? :3

Konekodemon
July 20th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I don't know if it's been a month since the last reply or not, but would anyone like to rp Ranma 1/2 with me with the pairings being RanmaxShampoo and RyogaxOC?

Swolligator
July 31st, 2010, 12:58 AM
Anyone down for doing a Marvel Universe Type Rpg?

I would definitely like to RP a Marvel Universe type Rp, could be fun. you still interested?

EDIT: anyone interested in a marvel RP? ive got one sitting on my hard drive that i'll go ahead with unless someone wants to co-own?

Klippy
August 8th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I'm just wondering, before I take the time to make it, what the interest in a zombie, post-apocalyptic RP would be? I've got one stirring in my head, but I wouldn't want to jump into it without there being much of a desire for it here.

ANARCHit3cht
August 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I'm just wondering, before I take the time to make it, what the interest in a zombie, post-apocalyptic RP would be? I've got one stirring in my head, but I wouldn't want to jump into it without there being much of a desire for it here.

I would be interested, matter-of-fact, I was going to make one, but found myself too lazy to do so. xD

The warden
August 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
This idea has come up before but I would like to know how people feel about RPing an entire country. The setting would be a world with technology starting around that of WWI and advancing over the course of the RP. I intend to make it quite realistic with trade and other things, but I would need help setting it all up.

If you have any comments or idea just say so.

Hitsugiya
August 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM
are there any zombie rps out? i want to be in one SOOOOOOO bad

Swolligator
September 7th, 2010, 11:49 PM
If anyone wanted to join a Superhero RP, mine is up, its is called Monochromatic Stains, a kind of MMORPG-like RP where the world is your oyster. To be a superhero or Supervillain, its your choice.

Castiel
October 20th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Anyone have any interest in these ideas?

- A story set in the world of Final Fantasy, with chocobos, moogles, etc., etc. It would be my own story, kind of like a separate game.
- Are there ANY Fringe fans out there? I'd think of something involving cortexiphan.
- Something about the 7 sins. I'm still thinking.

Magma Grunt
October 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM
Although I have no idea what Fringe is, I would LOVE to join a ff rp that isn't really connected to any of the pre-existing games !

...so I guess that's one person interested? :U

Konekodemon
November 18th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I don't know if this thread's over a month old or not but here's my idea, an all OC Naruto rp with none of the characters from the anime in it. Not even Naruto. It is set about 100 years later after the show, so that means none of the cannons even older are in it. And no people related to the cannons either. This is to be an original Naruto RPG.

Masquerain
December 19th, 2010, 12:04 PM
It's a bit incredible how eerie this section has become. But it happens once in a while, I guess.

Also, since the Pokémon Roleplay Discussion thread was de-stickified, I guess all roleplay discussion (pokémon as well) goes here now?

Especially since this thread is reallllly eerie with about one month between replies.

Moogles
December 22nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
If this section has become eerie, the members should probably be making more effort to try and turn it into something that it once was. I was here... maybe it was in 2009? Yeah, pretty sure it was then, and it was so much busier than this. The community should probably just get together and make a fun project, or they should try and make this section look livelier so it could attract potential new roleplayers.

Meh, just my two cents.

Shen
December 22nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
It's a bit incredible how eerie this section has become. But it happens once in a while, I guess.

Also, since the Pokémon Roleplay Discussion thread was de-stickified, I guess all roleplay discussion (pokémon as well) goes here now?

Especially since this thread is reallllly eerie with about one month between replies.

De-stickied and deleted are two very different things. The Pokemon RP discussion is still there and alive. Honestly haven't seen the Other Roleplay discussion thread but I don't use it anyway :nervous:
Things will almost definitely pick up in a huge way when B/W comes to the West. Actually it's got some activity just from the holidays it seems.

Masquerain
December 24th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah, when people get off school, they have time to care about RP ^^ Good!

Eeveemaster9
December 24th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Would anyone like to rp? Add me at [email protected]

dragonite149
December 26th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Thoughts on a RP I am making?
Notes: Dragonite is considered Legendary.
Manaphy is part of the lake trio. It represents freedom.
The Lake Trio also control the seasons. Mesprit is Spring, Azelf is Summer, Uxie is Autunm and Manaphy Winter.
Articuno, Mew and Moltres are female, and Mewtwo, Zapdos and Dragonite are male.
Starters are the same types as the Eeveelutions (Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark)
The roleplay is set in Kanto, and the characters will get to Sinnoh to recruit the Lake Trio.
Johto pokemon are available too, as well as Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon that evolve into Kanto and Johto pokemon.
Leafeon and Glaceon don't get any roles.

Plot
About 300 years ago, the Kanto Legendaries secretly lived in peace, away from humans. They were practically unknown, only heard of in myths and fairytales. Mewtwo lived in Cerulean Cave, Moltres in Mt Silver, Zapdos in the abandoned Power Plant, Articuno in the Seafoam Islands (which were not known of at that time), Dragonite in a secret part of Victory Road, and Mew on a secret island. One day, two sailors found Mew's Island, beginning something bigger than anyone thought.

Those sailors had been travelling on the seas, when a strom whipped up. They were tossed upon stormy seas, all the way to Mew's Island. There, Mew found them. Mew offered to Teleport them home, if they never told anyone about her or her island. The sailors agreed, and they were Teleported home. There, they broke their promise by telling everyone about Mew and her island. All of the powerful trainers travelled to Mew's island, to try and convince Mew to come on their side. Mew disagreed, and so there was a fight. However, Mew managed to escape and tell the other Legendaries that her island was being invaded. Some trainers, on rapid Water and Flying Types, followed Mew and found out the locations of the other legendaries. Then, they reported them to the other trainers. Over the next month, the trainers prepared to fight the other legendaries to get them on their side.

The battles all happened simutaneously, and much blood was shed. The legendaries managed to escape dying, though. The battle came to a conclusion when Arceus saw it. He transformed the legendaries into charms, to prevent them from getting hurt. He also made the Eeveelutions to guard the charms in what was the legendary's home. Eevee for Dragonite, Vaporeon for Articuno, Jolteon for Zapdos, Flareon for Moltres, Espeon for Mew and Umbreon for Mewtwo. He told the Eeveelutions to guard the charms, and to pass them down to new generations so they can protect them. Arceus also cast a spell on the charms. They could only be transformed back into the legendaries when Arceus, the Season Foursome, and six trustworthy trainers were there. Many years passed, bringing us to the present day, were people can live on Mew's island.

You are a young trainer-to-be, and you live near one of the legendary charms. You have seen an Eeveelution prowling around the area the charm is in, guarding it and the charm. Also, you have recieved a letter from the 'Legendary Materialization Organization' or LMO for short. They want you to help find the legendary charms and turn them back into the legendaries. They will also give you a choice of special starters, to help you find the tokens easier. You decide to join them, but can they be trusted...?

Starters
Normal: Meowth, Teddiursa, Slakoth, Glameow
Fire: Vulpix, Growlithe, Slugma, Numel
Water: Horsea, Wooper, Wailmer, Finneon
Electric: Pichu, Mareep, Electrike, Shinx
Psychic: Abra, Natu, Spoink, Mime Jr.
Dark: Murkrow, Houndour, Sneasel, Stunky

So, thoughts?

Also, would anyone be interested in a OC Warrior Cats roleplay?

Eeveemaster9
December 26th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Dragonite@
Sounds interesting! I'd probably join ;o

dragonite149
December 27th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Dragonite@
Sounds interesting! I'd probably join ;o
I'm glad you like it. The Eeveelutions will be available, though you don't capture them as usual...

Eeveemaster9
December 30th, 2010, 01:36 AM
If you roleplay, comment saying what genres you enjoy doing, and ones you try to avoid!

Genre:
Fantasy
Horror
Mystery
Slice-Of-Life
Romance
Thriller
Sci-Fi
Tragedy
*Wanna add to the list? Make a suggestion!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personally, I love Fantasy/Mystery stuff. I tend to avoid BIG romance, but I can settle for a little blushing here an there and some touchy moments...Tragedies can be fun too~!

I'm really bored right now, so I decided to make this poll xD Anyone wanna RP? 8D *Murdered*

Shanghai Alice
December 30th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Hit
Miss
Genre:
Fantasy
Horror (I... I'm squeamish. MineCraft scares me like you wouldn't believe.)
Mystery
Slice-Of-Life
Romance
Thriller
Sci-Fi
Tragedy

I dunno. My roleplays never actually get outside of the "opening hijinks" stage.

Such as, you know, kidnapping a random tengu, and nearly having her executed for fun. :D

Tuxedo Clank
December 30th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I enjoy RPing most things but the one on the list I dislike is tragedy. I get enough of that in normal life so why would I want to RP it.

I would be happy to RP but only if you don't mind my posts being once or twice a week.

GrifSpark
December 30th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Fantasy
Gotta love this Genre, mainly because there is soooo much you can do with it. Want Orcs? Or maybe a wizard or two? What about a handful of Demons, hmm? Yeah, I love this Genre just because it can turn into absolutely anything, so that'll be a Hit!

Horror
Bleagh *shudders*. I'm not one for horror and what-not, so this probably wouldn't be for me. While I might enjoy it if it were interwined with another Genre, say... Sci-fi? Then it can spice up the plot a little, and generally make things more interesting, but I don't feel that it would be something I would have fun RPing in if it was purely horror, so for this Genre alone, I'm going to have to say Miss...

Mystery
It was Miss White... in the Dining Room... with the Electric Chainsaw!! I rather like Mystery based Roleplays, much like I do with books and films of a similar Genre. Well, I like them as long as the whole 'who-dunnit?' situation isn't too predictable. It is a good Genre, and unlike Horror, can work by itself, but still benefits from another Genre giving it back up. Hit!

Slice-Of-Life
In my honest opinion, I'd prefer not to take part in a Role-play like one of these. Ones which revolve around ordinary life tend to bore me a little, since I usually join RPGs because they give me a chance to do something different, and normal life is not one of those things. Miss...

Romance
I've never actually been in a Romance based Role-Play before, and thus I really have no say in this area. I'd be willing to try it, but as I've said, I've never been in one before. N/a

Thriller
Another good Genre to go by, whether the Thriller be action, pyschological, or... something else, it's a good Genre. Still wondering whether I'd rather have this than Fantansy, but I guess they can stay on equal terms... for now. Hit!

Sci-Fi
Yup, yup, *dodges spaceship*. Anywho, another good Genre in my opinion, and depending on how Sci-fi a specific RPG gets, it can work much like Fantasy, and have almost limitless capabilities. Hit!

Tragedy
Aww, darn it. Tux beat me to the desription! Nah, life's not too bad. But this Genre works for me in much the same way that Horror does, weaving in and out of other Genres, making it an important part of Roleplaying, but not being able to keep up by itself. Miss...

Shen
December 30th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Incoming opinionz!

Thoughts on a RP I am making?
Notes: Dragonite is considered Legendary.
Manaphy is part of the lake trio. It represents freedom.
The Lake Trio also control the seasons. Mesprit is Spring, Azelf is Summer, Uxie is Autunm and Manaphy Winter.
Articuno, Mew and Moltres are female, and Mewtwo, Zapdos and Dragonite are male.
Starters are the same types as the Eeveelutions (Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark)
The roleplay is set in Kanto, and the characters will get to Sinnoh to recruit the Lake Trio.
Johto pokemon are available too, as well as Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon that evolve into Kanto and Johto pokemon.
Leafeon and Glaceon don't get any roles.

Shy away from the Manaphy thing as it goes against canon. In general, you wouldn't list stuff like this. Weave it into the narrative.

Plot
About 300 years ago, the Kanto Legendaries secretly lived in peace, away from humans. They were practically unknown, only heard of in myths and fairytales. Mewtwo lived in Cerulean Cave, Moltres in Mt Silver, Zapdos in the abandoned Power Plant, Articuno in the Seafoam Islands (which were not known of at that time), Dragonite in a secret part of Victory Road, and Mew on a secret island. One day, two sailors found Mew's Island, beginning something bigger than anyone thought.300 years ago the Power Plant wouldn't have existed. Maybe make it atop Rock Tunnel or have the area it was be naturally filled with electromagnetic fields or what have you.

Those sailors had been travelling on the seas, when a strom whipped up. They were tossed upon stormy seas, all the way to Mew's Island. There, Mew found them. Mew offered to Teleport them home, if they never told anyone about her or her island. The sailors agreed, and they were Teleported home. There, they broke their promise by telling everyone about Mew and her island. All of the powerful trainers travelled to Mew's island, to try and convince Mew to come on their side. Mew disagreed, and so there was a fight. However, Mew managed to escape and tell the other Legendaries that her island was being invaded. Some trainers, on rapid Water and Flying Types, followed Mew and found out the locations of the other legendaries. Then, they reported them to the other trainers. Over the next month, the trainers prepared to fight the other legendaries to get them on their side.

The battles all happened simutaneously, and much blood was shed. The legendaries managed to escape dying, though. The battle came to a conclusion when Arceus saw it. He transformed the legendaries into charms, to prevent them from getting hurt. He also made the Eeveelutions to guard the charms in what was the legendary's home. Eevee for Dragonite, Vaporeon for Articuno, Jolteon for Zapdos, Flareon for Moltres, Espeon for Mew and Umbreon for Mewtwo. He told the Eeveelutions to guard the charms, and to pass them down to new generations so they can protect them. Arceus also cast a spell on the charms. They could only be transformed back into the legendaries when Arceus, the Season Foursome, and six trustworthy trainers were there. Many years passed, bringing us to the present day, were people can live on Mew's island.
Reread over this for a few mistakes and redundancies, but overall pretty good (if slightly cliche but now I'm just complaining).

You are a young trainer-to-be, and you live near one of the legendary charms. You have seen an Eeveelution prowling around the area the charm is in, guarding it and the charm. Also, you have recieved a letter from the 'Legendary Materialization Organization' or LMO for short. They want you to help find the legendary charms and turn them back into the legendaries. They will also give you a choice of special starters, to help you find the tokens easier. You decide to join them, but can they be trusted...?
Maybe section this part off into Your Role or something similar.

As for the poll...
Fantasy: duh, yes.
Horror: I have yet to read a piece of literature that has legitamitely scared me apart from the Dementors from Harry Potter and even then it only had that effect because of how startlingly out of place it was. I'd imagine it would work even less in an RP. Unless it's Call of the Cthulhu.
Mystery: :3
S-o-L: Depends heavily on what the plan is.
Romance: Sub-genre! But I really do like romance in these message board roleplays - makes great characters and conflicts and stories and...
Thriller: See also: Mystery.
Sci-Fi: Not so much hard sci-fi, but uncomplicated soft sci-fi is fun.
Tragedy: Again, sub-genre.

Dark Pulse94
January 1st, 2011, 10:54 PM
just a quick question on some roleplay terms (I'm a little new)

What are the connotations of:

"Bunnying" and
"God-modding"

I cant think of other terms I've heard but I don't want to post in the thread without fully understanding it's rules

jira-chan
January 3rd, 2011, 03:28 AM
To DarkPulse94...

If you read the RP rules, then you get the main idea of "god-modding"

"God-modding" is the same as powerplaying... or control of another person's character that isn't yours.

"Bunnying"... I think.. is fighting? I still don't know but I've seen this word.. Meh, it has a relevance to fighting.. what so ever.

----------------------------------

Opinions:

Fantasy - HIT!
> Of course this would be a hit~
Horror - MISS..
> I can't even dare myself to watch Paranormal activity.. Even though I want to! *^*
Mystery - HIT!
> I just love me a good mystery~
Slice-Of-Life - UNDECIDED.
> Well, I find these kinds boring, but still quite interesting if the storyline is unique.
Romance - UNDECIDED.
> I have absolutely no comment about this.
Thriller - HIT!
> Yeah, I guess I kinda do like this Genre.. But not much. (This is still way better than Horror.. *^*)
Sci-Fi - HIT!
> Yup! I love watching shows that have this genre! And I really wanted to roleplay it once.. Hehe
Tragedy - MISS...
> It's just the same as Horror.. T^T

Shen
January 3rd, 2011, 06:09 AM
Bunnying is the same as godmodding/character control. Just another term for it. Although I would be interested in hearing its etymology.

Apotheosis
January 7th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I'd like to see a fantasy RP that's easy enough to understand and move around in. Not a hardcore detailed game based on a game or a book.

Swolligator
January 7th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I know this is from Urban Dictionary, but it defines it.

Bunnying:

A term used in roleplaying, bunnying is taking control of characters other than your own in order to make the storyline go the way you want it to. Closely related to god modding

So and so hits someone over the head and pronounces them dead. (this is an example of both bunnying and god modding)

Godmodding:

"God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try.

-It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
-It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as
Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission.

The absolute worst is when they make out another character to be what they’re not, just to make their own character seem superior. They make others seem weak, screaming for help, when they’ve made it quite clear about their advantages and strengths. This is called power-play. It’s a strain of God-Modding, but instead of just being irritating, it’s offensive to boot.

This is a prime example of God Modding:

Player A: Punches Player B
Player B: Dodges attack, grabs Player A and throws him. Player A flies at Player B, who warps behind him and slashes Player A in the back.

Doctor Who
January 8th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Back on the topic of what roleplays we'd like to see here, I'm really missing a good old chapter-based trainer roleplay.
There's barely any up right now, and I know that there are tons of people, including me, who'd gladly join one. So frankly, I don't understand why there are so little!

NamelessGuy
January 8th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Fantasy
Who doesn't like fantasy? You can do anything with it. There are no boundaries or parameters to set. Not much to say beyond that. Hit.

Horror
Ah, horror... a genre I adore. Horror as a single genre may be a little redundant, but the frequent bouts of surprise and fear can be entertaining. With other genres, I find elements of horror to be essential. Hit.

Mystery
Probably one of the most satisfying genres, mystery-based roleplays never fail to impress. Like fantasy, you could take any scenario and turn it into a mystery, with many unanswered questions and clues to solve them. Hit.

Slice-Of-Life
Normality is one of my roleplaying no-no's. Miss.

Romance
Romance is a necessity in most roleplays, as long as it's not too lovey-dovey. That's just annoying. Undecided.

Thriller
You'd have to lead a pretty dull life to dislike thrillers. Action is the heartbeat of roleplaying, and without some thrilling aspects, a roleplay falls flat. Hit.

Sci-Fi
Urgh... I may get some serious negative feedback for this, but I'm a sci-fi hater. I attribute this to my brother forcing me to watch Star Wars (all six episodes) over and over again. I never liked them to begin with. The same applies to roleplaying. Spaceships and aliens don't sit well with my mind, or my stomach. Miss.

Tragedy
I'm a hardcore fan of tragedy in roleplays, providing it's not a recurring theme. Meaning everyone dies in the end. Hit.

Konekodemon
January 8th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Has anyone heard there are a few new ways to rp. There is Audio roleplaying, MMORPG which is video game rping where you make a online game and others join in. And lastly, manga roleplay where your post is drew out in a comic strip and the next person who posts draws there comic strip with there character interacting with yours. I think my favorite would be the audio rp as it's the easiest. If anyone would like to audio rp I've love to do it.

Zamorak
January 8th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Fantasy: Hiy
Horror: Depends, it can be both awesome or a complete disaster
Mystery: Hit
S-o-L: Don't like, Miss
Romance: Not as a stand alone, maybe as a sub but thats rarely, Miss
Thriller: Yes, Hit
Sci-Fi: YAY!!!! Hit
Tragedy: This can be awesome, although its hard to get started, if anyone notices a trend in my RP characters history it is that their life is tragedy. Hit

Also, to your siggy, Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Because their is a B in both and an N in neither.
Or
Poe wrote on both.

Eeveemaster9
January 8th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Fantasy
I always stay close to this genre....It's my husband *o* Hit

Horror
Adds spice to everything! Hit

Mystery
Heck yes *u* Hit

Slice-Of-Life
Hrm....Sorta boring, but I don't mind it... Norm

Romance
Kyaaa~ Not major sexual themes, but like, attraction and hugging? xD Hit

Thriller
Duh yes! Hit

Sci-Fi
Not a big futuristic rp fan, but I do like some futuristic books like the Shadow Children Series ;o Miss

Tragedy
When there's fantasy, there's tragedy ;D Hit

Apotheosis
January 12th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I'm thinking of posting a RP where the players are pokémon on one trainer's team. What do you think of that idea?

slls81
January 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I'm thinking of posting a RP where the players are pokémon on one trainer's team. What do you think of that idea?

I for one would be quite interested to see how it turned out. I toyed with a similar idea a couple of months ago, but couldn't find a way to make it work the way that I wanted it to. It would be interesting to see how you decided to run with the idea :)

Apotheosis
January 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Yeah, there are quite a lot of problems with that kind of RP. Like, how it would be fair.

I'd play the trainer, but do you think I should choose what pokémon to use when in battles, or should all players discuss upcoming battles in an OOC thread first?

Zamorak
January 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yay, my first RP got accepted!
Now just gotta wait for people to join it [Its the one called Crime & Punishment]
I'm nervous because its my first try at even starting an RP and it succeeded...
I'm afraid i'll mess it up somehow........

~Wind~
January 13th, 2011, 12:15 PM
So, if anyone's checked my RP (shreds of time) could tyhey tell me what they think of it?
Also, if you were accepted to it, could you pm or tell me here if you're still in?

Apotheosis
January 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Yay, my first RP got accepted!
Now just gotta wait for people to join it [Its the one called Crime & Punishment]
I'm nervous because its my first try at even starting an RP and it succeeded...
I'm afraid i'll mess it up somehow........

It's really dark. The system with giving the players jobs to perform sounds great. Like PMD but much more mature, eh? And the setting is interesting.

What do you mean with mess it up?

So, if anyone's checked my RP (shreds of time) could tyhey tell me what they think of it?
Also, if you were accepted to it, could you pm or tell me here if you're still in?

It's fun with new regions, as long as you describe the areas good enough so that people with not so vivid imagination feel they can RP easily enough. Also, the story really is shrouded... but I clicked all the spoilers xD If you really have a plot set up after what happens in the tower, it can be quite interesting I think :3

Zamorak
January 13th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Their are any number of ways for me to mess up, despite already having a half-made plot[leniency while still having something to follow] I might drive the story into a subplot I can't get out of.
Also for Shreds of Time i'm still ready for that, I have OCD about this site so check back about once every 4 to 6 hours when i'm awake and not at school.

Apotheosis
January 14th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Their are any number of ways for me to mess up, despite already having a half-made plot[leniency while still having something to follow] I might drive the story into a subplot I can't get out of.
Also for Shreds of Time i'm still ready for that, I have OCD about this site so check back about once every 4 to 6 hours when i'm awake and not at school.

If that happens, see it as a challenge for your imagination >:)

The warden
January 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
For a while now, since September I think, I've been planning a role play, as of yet I don't have a name for it. I have been scanning through this thread and it seams that a lot of RPers on the site don't like slice of life RPs it left me thinking about just how well my RP would go down, as it is it would be a long RP as it is set across four months, and most of it is simply day to day character interaction and development. Anyway This is what I have got so far, if any one has any advice or comments I would be very happy to hear them.

p.s. Seven Deadly Sins is kind of what I'm calling it at the moment but I don't think it is quite fitting. Also there will only be 7 6 slots one for each of the deadly sins, minus the slot reserved for myself. Also each character will be paired with one of the heavenly virtues, but not the one that is paired with their sin e.g. sloth and kindness is allowed but not envy and kindness.

Seven Deadly Sins

For months the atmosphere in your house has been tense, to say the least, after all you have applied for one of the most prestigious schools in the UK. Your parents are likely acting something like this, an over excited dad “Oh. I'm so proud of you son/daughter.” and a worried sick mum “How will you cope without us?” or “What if you haven't been accepted?”. Somewhere in the middle is where you are, a balance of stress and excitement as you look forward, to a life with out your neurotic parents.

But in the last few weeks you have begun to feel like a different person completely, firstly you seem to be having wired dreams, dreams where you are either an angel, or an evil creature and in many of the dreams you shape-shift back and forth between the two. Secondly you have felt your personality change, you feel a burning desire, like a darkness spreading over your heart and creeping through your veins but you also feel a willingness to do something to make a change to who you are and make you a better person. All of this however has gone unmentioned to you parents or to anyone else for that matter, as you have much bigger things to worry about at the moment.

And then it arrived, the day that would change your world, forever...

It probably started like any other day, but on that day a very important letter arrived addressed to you. It was the day that you had waited for for so long, if it wasn't you who had then it was definitely your pushy parents. The letter seemed like any other, it was a brown envelope with a first class stamp on the front and on the back was stamped a seal, the school logo of St. Jude's school. You had worked long and hard to prove that you were good enough to get into St. Jude's, weeks of revision followed by a grueling three hour entrance exam and an interview with a member of staff. It was said that an education at St. Jude's school could be life changing, but at the time you opened the envelope you didn't realize how much it would change yours...

Dear Student

We would like to congratulate you on your successful application to St. Jude's boarding school.

On behalf of the school I welcome all new and returning students, and would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the time table of the opening week.

Wednesday 5th September 11 am – School accommodation opened
Friday 7th September – Introductory speech
Monday 10th September – Lessons begin

All the other information that you will require is included in the following documents but should you have any inquires do not hesitate to email us at [email protected]

Yours Faithfully J. Kindle PhD MTh MEd (Headmaster)

Major themes

Character development
The main theme of the RP is character development. Most of the RP will be about friendships and interactions between the RPers and the NPCs. Another major plot point is temptation as I have already mentioned in the plot your character will have a desire, which will be one of the seven deadly sins, but your character also has one of the seven heavenly virtues. The story will revolve around the struggle between these two forces in each character.

Fantasy
Through out the RP you will encounter a beings ranging between angels and demons, werewolves and vampires. Some will want to help your character, others may want to kill them and at some points you will get into fights with them.

Horror
At points your character will find themselves in situations involving demons, monster, undead and a whole host of other vile creatures.

~Wind~
January 23rd, 2011, 05:04 AM
Just to check, we're only allowed in three roleplays at a time right?
Also, sounds good, Warden.
If we're allowed in more than 3 RP's, I'll definately join.

Apotheosis
January 23rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
I think you're allowed to be in as many RPs as you want :) As long as you stay active in all of them. People will get sad if you leave their RP for another one, probably.

~Wind~
January 23rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
Ah.
That's good, 'cus there's so many good RP's around now!

Apotheosis
January 31st, 2011, 09:02 AM
There are indeed many RPs around now. I've noticed most of them are RPs with one-liners (FORBIDDEN AAAAAAH *yanks Michaela's sleeve*) or at least one-paragraphs thrown forth and back between the players with a lot of personal interaction to get the story moving.

And at the same time, there's a decrease of those novel-length-post RPs (if there ever were many) like New Johto League or New Professor In Town. I'm hoping we're not moving in the direction towards the kind of RPs on Bulbagarden forums... they're nowhere near as organized and deep as PC's are, and I'm proud of our RP section even if I haven't been hanging around here for long ^^ (I've been stalkin and readin your RPs for much longaah than I've been postinnn @___@ )

But still, as long as we keep the system with threads having to be approved before visible, as well as enforcing the general RP rules, the faster, shorter-posts-RPs are a good thing for PC methinks. Because when I wasn't yet an oldie at PC (he's calling himself an oldie, SHOOT HIM *poff*) I was afraid of trying to RP here :B because it looked so advanced...

Now we've made room for some simpler RPs (I'm not saying they're not as enjoyable as the deeper, higher rated ones, mind you. We all like different things. ) that can let newer RPers train themselves as well as older RPers lean back and join an adventure that's not too demanding or exhausting for a change~

Don't you think? :3

Ash_Ketchum123
February 1st, 2011, 02:17 AM
Ace agrees with RHCP *place stamp of approval here*

Well, I'm not saying I'm a veteran in RPing, (I'm actually more of an advanced beginner or something...okay, just a beginner) it's just that when I first visited PC, I actually bumped into the RP corner by accident. I kind of read some, then I got interested and wanted to join one, but I was afraid to because almost all of them required high standards, something Ace thinks he cannot achieve. But now that we have short and simpler RPs, this would help the beginning RPers to practice their writing skills, and expand their imagination.

Allllthooouuuuugh....... I still prefer novel-length-post RPs simply because I love reading stories other people wrote.

Apotheosis
February 1st, 2011, 02:34 AM
Yeah, I love it when the GMs of novel-ish RPs make sure to let in serious, good RPers. Because even if you're not let in yourself, you can be sure there's good stories to read ^^ I rarely have patience or interest enough to read stories in the Fiction area on PC... But the RPs are different. More alive. n___n

Ash_Ketchum123
February 1st, 2011, 02:43 AM
I think it's because a bunch of people are actually working together to make a great story rather than thinking of one yourself. Different perspectives on one situation is one of the reasons I like novel-ish RPs. It's like when you're watching a concert on TV. At home, you can only see what the cameraman wants you to see, but when your backstage, it's a whole different thing ^^ (Not sure if I gave a correct example, though xD)

Apotheosis
February 1st, 2011, 02:51 AM
Yeah I understand where you're coming from. But still, novel RPs could get a bit lonesome because you don't interact as often with other players as in shorter posts RPs. Some GMs want you to write joint posts for that, and if you're doing it over PM it can take a while.

Plus, writing a post becomes a project, while in shorter posts RPs, you can go in and do your part once in a while ^^ Then again, in shortRPs people are more depending on you, if you're playing out something together, while in novelRPs you can pretty much go about your own pace.

There's clearly ups and downs to both, so it's probably good we have both here ^^ Although there's only 2 novelRPs atm I think, and no spots open... *makes evil plan*
Meh, I haven't got the time to GM an RP like that now, so someone else should maybe ^^

Ash_Ketchum123
February 1st, 2011, 03:02 AM
Really? Only two? Ace must convince someone to make one. To the thinking cha- wait. Nah. Maybe later. Thinking can wait.

Anyways, I can't GM one too, since I seriously suck at GMing RPs. My last RPdidn't go that well. It didn't even officially start as I expected. But I guess it's because I didn't think through the plan of making a Pokemon Ranger RP. Or it's because of me being such a bad GM... *insert extremely sad face here*

I suddenly have this crazy urge of making an Animorph RP... I know someone already made one, but I think it got shut down for some reason I can't remember...

Apotheosis
February 1st, 2011, 03:09 AM
Well, PC needs more non-pokémon RPs as well! *puts out chest* Or maybe not, since most aren't very successful => people don't want/need them xD But try :3

And if you think you "suck" at being a GM, what other way is there to improve than to try over and over again? And learn from each mistake. The first RP I ever created... well it was actually pretty successful xD (not on PC) but I was the one who pretty much dropped out :E I had reasons though! yeah, that's what all GMs say

But seriously. Trial and error is the way to go. And look at other RPs; what works and what fails, what do people like, what have never been tried before? And a large thing about making an RP successful, I guess... is picking your players carefully. The quality of the players = the quality of the RP. No exceptions.

And, since this thread (a long time ago xD) was used for advertising, I'll advertise a little~ Unless the 6th player of the CAPTURED Version RP shows up soon, there will be a spot open. In a matter of days at least. *tempts with cookies*

Ash_Ketchum123
February 1st, 2011, 03:22 AM
Maybe I'll try turning that Animorph RP idea to reality. But I'm afraid it would just die out like most of the non-Pokémon related RPs in PC. *ponders for a moment* What if they transformed into Pokémon instead? It's already been done before, but maybe I'll try bringing it back.

CAPTURED Version RP, you say? I actually wanted to join that one, but I guess I was too late *super-ultramagnetic sad face* I guess I'd try to sign-up if one spot opens (and I don't want to sound mean, but I'm hoping a spot does open soon :badsmile:)

Apotheosis
February 1st, 2011, 04:08 AM
xD Kiiiind of like the one I'm picking players for right now? Only mine is set in japanese feudal (medieval...) times, so it's a bit different I guess. I think they're usually pretty popular, pokémorph RPs.

In CAPTURED, we've been waiting for 3 or 4 days now for him to even show signs of life. And since it's only the start of the RP, I'm getting a bit impatient... we'll seeee. make your SU in advance 8D

Hm, actually, there are no general RP rules about how a GM must choose his participants, are there? So if I find a person who wants to be in a RP I've made, and I approve of him/her, then I can simply let him/her in if they put up a decent enough SU. Riiight? There shouldn't be anything stopping GMs from asking his friends, or in this thread even for interested players and choose from them.

Since there can be "private" roleplays on PC as well, I mean. It's not exactly open for any participants there.

Ash_Ketchum123
February 1st, 2011, 04:22 AM
*checks rulebook* Nope. *throws it at some cats*

I better get my SU ready then xD

Anyway, yeah, pokémorph RPs are getting popular. Although they are fun and really gets your creative juices going, I still like the normal "travel around the regions and beat gym leaders on the way" RPs. There's just something about them that never gets old. (Like Pokémon itself :D)

Apotheosis
February 1st, 2011, 04:45 AM
I agree 8D Which is why I'm trying not to drop the "road to pokémon master" RP. Akura just challenged you btw~

It doesn't matter how much some veteran RPers say a plot needs creativity and twists and new, different settings; the journey RPs will never grow old, there are always people who want to play them. *raises hand*

Doctor Who
February 1st, 2011, 05:36 AM
Just to join the conversation, I'm thinking of creating a second novel-length journey rp because really, there's far too little now. But first I shall have to resuscitate the first *sigh*

In any case I've been waiting for ages for someone to open a good journey roleplay, been itching to join one but none of them with spots are novel-length and I strictly believe in GM-ing my own roleplays ONLY. So I'm hoping that someone will, or I can at least help keep them going by creating another one.

Diamond1304
February 1st, 2011, 05:49 AM
*sigh* Nowadays, Pokemon RPs are becoming more and more dormant. I'm craving for virtual roleplaying action! Something to write about, something to brew up a horribly queer concoction of words! That's why I'm going around SU-ing up for spots in RPs, I need some adrenalin in my boring life. :/

Apotheosis
February 1st, 2011, 05:57 AM
Diamond, go play a gameboy game xD ;p No, RPs should let the players act much more vividly than a video game would. That's one of the main points (if not THE very main point) with RPing, right?

Doctor Who, would you rather create a new journey-novelRP, or join one someone else created?

Actually, the first RPs I joined were journey-novelRP ones. There, you don't have to interact with others right away and I found it easier to simply train my writing skills like that + make a joint post now and then.

Diamond1304
February 1st, 2011, 06:06 AM
Diamond, go play a gameboy game xD ;p No, RPs should let the players act much more vividly than a video game would. That's one of the main points (if not THE very main point) with RPing, right?
But I'm already playing my Emerald which I restarted and my Diamond while I'm not online at home. I must have something to write!!!! *craves for writing* Before I start using my hands to kill myself instead of typing or writing stories!! Ahh!!!! *cuts self* What did I just do? Oh well, who cares. X-)

But yeah, on a serious note, RPs are much better than video games as the player uses his imagination unlike in the game, it's just like this "A wild Suicune appeared! Go, (Pokemon's name)!" whereas in RPs, it's usually like this "I stepped forward in the direction of the rustling patch of knee-high grass. I felt the wind change direction to the north and a chilly breeze soothed the surroundings around me.
From my gaze on the ground, I looked up and saw the magnificent beast standing before me. Its presence calmed the waters, the wind traveled around it in a playful manner. The pale crystal blue eyes gazed at me, seeming to know something. Something hidden and innate, or was it an understanding?
I prepared to release my lead Pokemon to engage in the spectacular battle that was about to ensue and hopefully capture it with friendship and not just the mere enclosure of a sphere..." Oops, I got carried away, but that's what I mean. XD

Apotheosis
February 1st, 2011, 06:30 AM
Well, Diamond. Why not try to create an RP yourself? I find it stimulating to just imagine, think and then and write up a new thread, all the backgrounds and stories and rules and SU and all... even if I'm not posting it ^^ That's how I did with the CAPTURE RP *blush*

If you create a new thread without posting it, you can then copypaste the content to your personal notepad in the User CP on PC and then pick it up now and then to change something you've been thinking about. Eventually, maybe one of the RPs you've signed up for will die and you find yourself with more time on your hands again. Then you have a complete, refined RP set up to post right away :)

Doctor Who
February 1st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Either I suppose. I've really been in need of a good roleplay fix, and especially hosting my roleplay made me want it even more. But I also love hosting one and reading the posts marvelling at the creativity of my players, that's a really nice feeling (:

Diamond, if you need help creating or managing a roleplay don't be afraid to ask, there's tons of helpful people around here. Everyone's had to start somewhere. If it's a journey roleplay then I'd be more than happy to help, I've made my fair share of those (:

Apotheosis
February 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
MMmmroaarghw. I'm itching. To make another RP *shot'd*

Actually I've got time. I'm lurking around here too much when I could be doing other stuff. That will change *writes promise down*

And that means I can create a Journey RP. It will be a Kanto one. Why? Because although I'd LOVE to set a journey RP in Sinnoh, I don't know that region at all... I haven't played D/P/P. T____T Kanto, we all know and are bored of. I'll put in some nifty rules and even speed up the start by doing one radical thing nobody seem to have thought of before..... xD

But don't worry, it won't be a novelpostRP. I think :/ If not the players turn it into one *dies*

pokemongarnet
February 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
^^^Sweet Signature^^^ = SPAMZ!!!

Sorry. it really is, I've got two pokemon RP ideas one which I have been dweeling on the idea of since spring break and the other I thought of yesterday, I'll just give the titles because I have to go watch T.V.... that sounded bad. My shows on. Anyhow

Pokemecha: Pokemon mecha suits, kind of like Gundam+Pokemon.
-and-
Marked: this would be a series about a pokemon war and these "peacemakers" related to legendaries. Sweet Vagueness right guys.

Dwell on this. Ill be lurking all day tomorrow so ill right one of them based on what erybody thinks. or if anyone likes the ideas

Diamond1304
February 1st, 2011, 10:06 PM
@Doctor Who: Thanks, I''ll keep that in mind, as a matter of fact, I'm in the process of planning out my Journey RP. I'm thinking of city names, descriptions and I've already done the part for starters.

@RHCP(Mind if I call you that, it's quite long to type the whole thing >.<): I can help with Sinnoh, I play Diamond and completed the whole game long time ago. I've also done Kanto, but I don't like that region as it's quite a bore. The cities in Kanto are smaller than other regions' and the legendaries are quite rigid in character.

@pokemongarnet: Cool, I like those names. They tempt me to want to join! *beheaded for guilt* My PMD RP is titled "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Land and the Sea." That's all Imma give out. :P

I've an idea for my next RP chracter. It's either gonna be a mentally troubled boy, like the one in Sixth Sense but more personality tweaks, or an 'emo' zombie-like girl, like Kanna from Inuyasha. Mist likely I'll choose to be a girl for the 1st time, as I'm bored of always being a male.

インフェルノの津波
February 1st, 2011, 10:11 PM
Hello all, I've decided to get back into the RP world!

Submitted something called Pokemon Reality, where in 2112 Pokemon have destroyed the world, so you're selected along with 8 other people to go back to 2111 before the disaster strikes.

Not giving away much, just wanted to know if it sounded interesting.

Jack O'Neill
February 1st, 2011, 10:22 PM
Back in June '09, I had an idea: Why play with Pokémon when you can play with tanks, battleships, jet fighters, and (if you last long enough) nuclear weapons?

The initial response to my proposal was actually quite warm, though it eventually died a quiet death. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182733) If the RPing drought is that severe, I might consider tweaking and reintroducing that proposal. Give you people something far more challenging and interesting for you to play around with.

Diamond1304
February 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM

Submitted something called Pokemon Reality, where in 2112 Pokemon have destroyed the world, so you're selected along with 8 other people to go back to 2111 before the disaster strikes.

Sounds quite interesting. Would want to see it and give it a try. This is something like 2012. :)

Back in June '09, I had an idea: Why play with Pokémon when you can play with tanks, battleships, jet fighters, and (if you last long enough) nuclear weapons?

The initial response to my proposal was actually quite warm, though it eventually died a quiet death. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182733) If the RPing drought is that severe, I might consider tweaking and reintroducing that proposal. Give you people something far more challenging and interesting for you to play around with.
Well, it's a well-planned out idea and probably would attract several people, but not me. I'm not into war games and such and the details are massively large and hard to remember. I'll probably lose track at the start of the game. It depends, I'm not your directed audience, so sorry. I'm more into Pokemon, which is the main reason I'm here.

pokemongarnet
February 2nd, 2011, 07:27 AM

That sounds pretty cool I'll look into that once it's up.

@pokemongarnet: Cool, I like those names. They tempt me to want to join! *beheaded for guilt* My PMD RP is titled "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Land and the Sea." That's all Imma give out. :P

Thanks, but I don't know which I'd want to do... I wouldn't want to have 2. I'll write one up today though. But which one would you rather do? (That Q is directed towards everyone.

Apotheosis
February 2nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
^^^Sweet Signature^^^ = SPAMZ!!!

Sorry. it really is, I've got two pokemon RP ideas one which I have been dweeling on the idea of since spring break and the other I thought of yesterday, I'll just give the titles because I have to go watch T.V.... that sounded bad. My shows on. Anyhow

Pokemecha: Pokemon mecha suits, kind of like Gundam+Pokemon.
-and-
Marked: this would be a series about a pokemon war and these "peacemakers" related to legendaries. Sweet Vagueness right guys.

Dwell on this. Ill be lurking all day tomorrow so ill right one of them based on what erybody thinks. or if anyone likes the ideas

Pokémecha, that's my vote. Sounds awesome if you can come up with a cool background and good "game mechanics" for the RP!

@RHCP(Mind if I call you that, it's quite long to type the whole thing >.<): I can help with Sinnoh, I play Diamond and completed the whole game long time ago. I've also done Kanto, but I don't like that region as it's quite a bore. The cities in Kanto are smaller than other regions' and the legendaries are quite rigid in character.

I've an idea for my next RP chracter. It's either gonna be a mentally troubled boy, like the one in Sixth Sense but more personality tweaks, or an 'emo' zombie-like girl, like Kanna from Inuyasha. Mist likely I'll choose to be a girl for the 1st time, as I'm bored of always being a male.
Hm, maybe you could help me with that, yes. And Kanto is a bore... I love Johto with all its beautiful places and mystery and Hoenn is the most exciting region of the three, hmmmm. But I think I'll simply have to play D/P/P! I have Platinum on an emulator, is that a good version to get to know Sinnoh with?

And you should definitely make a girl for a change :) And mentally troubled characters are very common I can think, but you have to try and play as one at least once ^^

Well, it can be interesting, though what you're giving out now doesn't say much about what we can expect to be doing in the RP so I'm looking forward to hear more when you've planned more out, or when you're posting it ;)

Also with that journey RP I was sub-planning, there will be pokémon from all generations in it ^^ So Kanto won't be THAT boring ... but still. *goes to play Platinum* Oh wait, I have other things to do first :/ I gotta find time to really explore Sinnoh though.

Doctor Who
February 2nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
RHCP - Platinum is definitely the best of the three I think, better storyline and better assorment of Pokemon, so I'd say go for it. If you do Kanto or Sinnoh I'd definitely be excited if you host a roleplay (:

I definitely do like it that you're planing to mix Pokemon, I prefer that since the games usually don't give that great a selection, at least until you beat the elite xD I don't think I've ever really done a Kanto roleplay before, so it'd be fun to get to do that!

Same goes for you Diamond, though good luck naming the cities. Usually the games keep a kind of pattern and that might make naming the towns easier. A friend of mine once named all towns after gems and that worked out fine. If you're doing a new regions than that's definitely exciting!

As for the other suggested roleplays, they're not really up my alley, but I do like the sound of that 2112/2111 (2012 reference maybe? xD) roleplay, it sounds mighty interesting, might have to keep an eye on that then (:

Apotheosis
February 2nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Well, sharpen your SU pencil, Doctor. I'll post the RP. Because I've noticed I've got so much time to spend on PC so that I'm getting impatient in some RPs. I'm sorry for that, if anybody has gotten in the way of my impatience... I'll shape up.
You can write novel posts if you like there, Doctor :) But you don't have to.

Doctor Who
February 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Is sharping my tablet alright? xD If so then consider it sharpened!

Apotheosis
February 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Well, we'll have to wait for Michaela to accept it. She's a very active RP mod though so I doubt it'll take much time~ (I still haven't posted it though xD)

OH IMPORTANT QUESTION.

I'm including starters from different regions. What are most fun, Kanto starters or Johto starters? I feel like I haven't seen Bulbasaurs, Charmeleons and Blastoises in an RP lately, so I'm leaning towards Kanto. What do you think?

Doctor Who
February 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hm, well since it's Kanto it would probably be wise to use the old starters and then maybe mix some unconventional in between. How many spots do will you have?

Apotheosis
February 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Yes, I'm going with that then :) There will be 9 spots. I was going to have only 6 first... but then I was thinking I actually wouldn't mind a slightly crowded RP. There's a rigid enough background story and a lot of rules xD It will be a RP where you can go anywhere at anytime; I'm not giving you the routes or pokémon... but I give you links to an online map + pokédex where you can look up pokémon locations, evolutions and attacks (serebii.net is your friend, serebiiforums is not). It will probably seem complicated... but I hope somebody will agree on that it's a pretty elegant solution ^^

This way, the RP will be like a RPG video game, kind of. You can go anywhere and play along the set rules.

Diamond1304
February 2nd, 2011, 01:27 PM
@Doctor Who: Hmm, your friend has a goo didea, but I'm already half done with the names. I basically name them on the Gym types and thier most unique feature that separates each city from another.

@RHCP: Oh, you're making me drool over the excitement! (Wait, I SO do not drool) xP

Doctor Who
February 2nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
@RHCP: The best thing about crowded roleplays is that when one or two people aren't active you still have the rest xD
Hm it definitely sounds interesting, and sometimes a little change isn't bad. Bulbapedia is definitely the **** though!

Also I've not told you this yet but I find your username quite genius.

@Diamond: My friend's actually reposting that roleplay too xD so that's god me excited (: But I'm curious for yours now.

Apotheosis
February 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
I'd like very much to see a more organized PMD RP. No offense at all to the ones in existence now; the players seem to be enjoying themselves.

Yeah, that's one positive thing xD Bulpapedia is awesome, but my main source for detailed, organized facts on pokémon is serebii.net. It really has everything I need (unless i want an essay on something, then Bulpapedia is great ^^)

Oh thanks about the name :3 I haven't told you this, but I like your avatar a lot.

Diamond1304
February 2nd, 2011, 01:36 PM
@Doctor Who: Oh? Heehee, I've lots of surprise in store for the whole of RP kind. A little leak. I'm so sadistic in my games that I make gym leaders hard to beat. XP

Doctor Who
February 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
I just love all the additional information on Bulba, it really helps with roleplays. Get your facts right! B) I'm not a big fan of Serebii besides for news, their news page is incredibly well organized.

Well thank you too, I love the contrast between the tardis and the rest.

And Diamond, sadism isn't always a bad thing >.> It's fun to watch your roeplayers squirm >D

But if any of you need help, just drop me a VM (:

Diamond1304
February 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
@ Doctor Who:
So agree on that! But I seldom visit Serebii, other than using the Attackdex and Berrydex.
Heheh, the leaders aren't what you think, they cover up their weaknesses quite well. And they're probably EV trained their Pokemon. Oops, too much is going out. *alerts brain to control mouth and stop it from leaking secrets*

Doctor Who
February 2nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
I actually know nothing about EV-ing, don't know how it's done or what it does D: I just play my game people!
But they sound mighty interesting now, damnit you're activating my curiousity!

Apotheosis
February 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Sounds very interesting, Diamond :) Gym leaders aren't supposed to be pushovers!

Diamond1304
February 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
@Doctor Who:
Meheheh! I love the badges too! :P

@RHCP: Thanks for the compliment. They so should not. I get bored of defeating gym leaders in the game. :/

Oh dear! What do I do now? I just saw that there are some new Pokemon RPs and I would like to take part in one, but I can't have 6 RPs ongoing. I still have to wait and see whether my other 2 SUs are accepted, for the GMs are quite inactive. What a dilemma! :S

pokemongarnet
February 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Here is pokemecha please tell me what to improve.

PokéMecha
Introduction: I’ve never seen anything like this done so I decided to do it. What it is, is basically Pokémon just live peacefully on earth but are free to roam because Pokémon training is no longer effective. Now Pokémon are just researched. But the reason it’s like this is…

Background: In Earth Year (in this time it’s called that, or just EY) 3067, the regions on earth began expanding their reaches into space, for land expansion, the population was growing too quickly and there was too little living space. At first mars was colonized in 3070 where people from all regions could live, but it was noticed that It wouldn’t work out. This was because the legal policies a region had could not be in effect if it was not fully their land, so war broke out on Earth too settle land disputes over space. This began putting the regions in ruin. They had too fight in space… but with what? A Pokémon researcher from Kanto by the name of Cornelius Oak (a descendant of Professor Oak) Began developing a robot prototype based on the Pokémon Raichu. He collaborated with Silph Co. to make a final product. This project was unknown to the public. The robot was too be piloted by the human too fight in space. It could also deploy smaller forms from its center where the Cockpit lie. These smaller forms would be used for land travel, and combat. Soon this project was leaked and other regions began developing such robots based on the Pokémon specific to their region. These would be called Pokémechas. Battles then began too rage throughout space and the regions expanded their reaches to the ends of the universe.
The Nature of Pokémecha: They are big like Gundam. They use Pokémon attacks only they are in laser form if it’s a special attack. Stat Boosting attacks are just when the mecha channels its energy to either aid speed, attack, defense etc. Its “smaller forms” are their lower evolutionary forms (The highest form of a Pokémon is the only one that can go into space.). Pokémecha can only have four “attacks” at once, (this doesn’t include stat-boosts). Attacks are weapons attached to the mecha. Move pools still exist, a Pokémecha can only have weapons that are in its move pool. Stat decreasing moves don’t exist. They are most always piloted by humans.

Plot: It is currently Space Year (SY) 50 (3070 EY is the last year before space years). While the colonization of planets is happening in space, there are people who disagree with war. There is a certain group of people that try to solve it by fighting against the regions, even though they are citizens themselves. They work underground with scientists to build Pokémecha that will combat the regions. They are actually not yet formed though. You have been selected to be one of these. You are called the Pokémecha Kapina (rebellion in Finnish) or PK for short. You are going to assemble tomorrow in Cinnabar Island Mansion, to start this rebellion.
SU Form:
Name: (First, Last and any Nicknames)
Appearance: (Your character will also wear suits too pilot them so include what that’s like)
Personality: (Solid info, we want to have room for development too)
History: (Include why your character was chosen for the PK your character has to have experience with Pokémecha)
Pokémecha: (Which Pokémon is it based on and what weapons/attacks, try to make it somehow fit your characters personality. This is made for you by the scientists)
RP Sample: (could be original or from another RP)
Rules:

Don’t take control of other people’s characters without permission. You can a little though just for really small things.
Stay active please.
Inform me if you plan on leaving.
Try to interact with other people’s characters.
Follow these rules please.
I can boot you, but I only will if you break these severely.
Have FUN!
There will be 6 slots, reservations last 2 days, and the best SUs will get the spots

Diamond1304
February 2nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
@pokemongarnet: Sounds like fun and almost like a new spin-off game! It would be great if GF really made a game like that, who knows, they might. And if they do, be sure to claim your credits! xD But 6 people is a tad too little and may die out fast.

Apotheosis
February 2nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
@Doctor Who:
Meheheh! I love the badges too! :P

@RHCP: Thanks for the compliment. They so should not. I get bored of defeating gym leaders in the game. :/

Oh dear! What do I do now? I just saw that there are some new Pokemon RPs and I would like to take part in one, but I can't have 6 RPs ongoing. I still have to wait and see whether my other 2 SUs are accepted, for the GMs are quite inactive. What a dilemma! :S

If the GMs haven't evaluated yet, you could just delete your SU?

And I can't open the spoilers, >.<

Diamond1304
February 2nd, 2011, 10:49 PM
Ok, I'm thinking if they don't respond I'll delete mine from the Rue Champions RP. Anyway, that storyline scores the least interesting amounts the RPs I'm in. I'm now having a new life in the RP "Fight against evil". :)

インフェルノの津波
February 2nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Pokemongarnet, sounds interesting. Maybe you could have something like upgrades for when they "evolve"?

Maybe have the main characters being beginners(or at least not that experienced?) and so they learn and all that stuff?

Don't know, but loving the Gundam-esque plot.

Anyway I've just now noticed Pokemon Trainer's Academy.

Lol. Just lol at the dorm names.

Ash_Ketchum123
February 3rd, 2011, 02:36 AM
@pokemongarnet: Wow! I'd certainly try out for that RP. But don't you think 6 RPers is a little...well, little? What about 8? At least if some people drop out there'd be others more.

Anywho, now that RHCP has accepted me in his Sacred Jewel RP, (thanks :D) I am now a part of two RPs. *insert party here* I guess one more RP won't hurt. ;D

I was thinking of joining a PMD RP but those things are rarely organized. I think I saw someone saying something about making one. Well whoever that was, if you ever make that RP, I'd really like to try to get in xD

Apotheosis
February 3rd, 2011, 03:24 AM
I posted the RP I was speaking about earlier, last night. But I quickly changed my mind and asked Michaela to delete it. I want to focus on the 3 RPs I'm in now... but one is almost dead xD To bad, I was having fun ;__; *kicks it* Live again! *stares at the 6th player*

But if it really dies off, I guess I'll post the new one again.

Sounds like many would like to join an organized PMD xD Anyone care to create and maintain one? :3 Maybe it would be best if the GM didn't participate himself.

Ash_Ketchum123
February 3rd, 2011, 03:30 AM
Yeah. I have noticed that when GMs don't participate in their own RPs, the RP actually becomes successful. I can't really explain why that is, but it seems that it's just the best way to go. Anyone care to explain to me why? :3 'Cause Ace has no idea xD

Apotheosis
February 3rd, 2011, 03:36 AM
It's pretty easy to figure out. Most of the GMs who participate in their own RPs really want to play it themselves but can't find a suiting one. So they create it, and then their level of responsibility differs between different RPs and GMs, but some stop acting like a GM and only play along like any other player, because that's what they really wanted.

For the Shards RP... I really wanted to play it ^^ So I tried to come up with strict enough rules and a setting to base your adventures on, beforehand. So that I could pretty much lean back and play like the others.
But I've been thinking... maybe I should scrap my character and simply play the NPCs. That might turn the game into a better experience for you others. But I want to play... >.<

Ash_Ketchum123
February 3rd, 2011, 03:46 AM
You should play if you want to. Besides, it's your RP. No one can stop you from enjoying it yourself. Don't worry about us. The Shards RP is really enjoyable, even if the GM (in this case you) plays with the other characters. And another "besides," this is an InuYasha-Pokémon RP. It's like peanut butter and jelly. A long time ago, they would've thought it was inappropriate to put them together, but look at what has happened now. ;)

Apotheosis
February 3rd, 2011, 03:50 AM
Hahahha, I love your metaphor ^^ Thanks :) I'm not going to post again until someone else make a reaction on Kiyoshi's words. Then I want to make Kiyoshi notice that Tei has morphed :D He's eager to see what kinds of pokémon the others are... and he probably wants to battle. That might lead to an interesting situation/dialogue between Kiyoshi and Tei. Or maybe it'll just be uncomfortable for Tei xD

Well, I won't treat this thread like the OOC thread for that RP. I'm sorry for speaking about that too much. Here's the place for more general discussions, of course ^^

I think it can work with the GM playing along like the others, as long as there are clearly defined rules... or very imaginative people~

Ash_Ketchum123
February 3rd, 2011, 04:01 AM
Lol, thanks. That one just popped in my head when I thought of Aipom...don't ask. I have no idea either. Anyway, I agree. As long as there are clear rules or very imaginative RPers, I'm sure everything will be fine. Unless, of course a gigantic mutant monster pops up and destroys Canada! Nevermind that :D

Diamond1304
February 3rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
Just adding my 20 cents to the topic, I'm planning on just playing the NPCs of my PMD RP since I think of the role-play as a minigame or something like the idea. ;)

@RHCP: Which RP did you delete? O.o

I'm planning on making a Pokemon Ranger RP and have it like some Ranger academy but I can't think of the houses' names. I want them to be based on legendary trios and the only trios that survive my winnowing are the Beasts and Lake Guardians. Which ones should I have the houses originate from?? The lake guardians seem easier to write about each houses' characteristics.

Beechlgz
February 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
I'm confused about the forum organisation, where are the sign-up threads? I can't find any.

Doctor Who
February 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
There aren't any strict sign-up threads. For new threads the sign-ups are usually posted in the IC thread (though some may state they want you to post them in the OOC so read carefully). For those that are already started you can post in the OOC or VM the GM to ask if there are any spots open.

Apotheosis
February 4th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Sign Up threads aren't really necessary, but I know they have them on some other forums.

@ Diamond: A journey RP I'm gonna post some time in the future if there's a lack of good such ones.

Diamond1304
February 4th, 2011, 01:01 AM
@RHCP: Oh I see.

I've (surprisingly) finished all details of my PMD RP and I'm just making it neater by converting all the scribbled notes to non-paper Word document before posting it in PC. As of now, I'm writing 2 RPs-Journey and Ranger Academy. THe Ranger Academy idea sounds fascinating for me, I'm trying my best to make the houses of the school somewhat like HP's(Harry Potter if you didn't already knew that). The houses are Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. Each have their own characteristics of people. Enough said about that RP. The journey RP is going well....I guess. Earlier on today, I read the RP Rules 2011 thread and it said that RPs must have a plot and IIRC, they said Jorney RPs usually don't have good plots other than plot twists, but isn't challenging the Pokemon League of that region A PLOT? Anyways, I'm nearly done with the cities and landmarks. :)

Apotheosis
February 4th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Challenging the pokémon league is a qualified plot ;) Many RPs have gotten accepted with just that as a goal... but something that matters is background info/story and such, I believe.

Diamond1304
February 4th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I see now. Something like helping legendary Pokemon or defeating villainous teams you mean? I have my own villain team in my Journey RP and they aren't weaklings like Rocket or delusionals like Aqua and Magma. Muahahaha!!!

Doctor Who
February 4th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Journey roleplays do tend to have 'villain' plots, but if you look at slls' roleplay, it's just a journey (I think only in the Hoenn part did he add team Aqua/Magma but I'm not sure) without much sub-plot but it's been going for over two years now! Sometimes simplicity is the key.

I like to mix it up a little, sometimes I make it just a normal journey in a different setting, like I did with the New Johto League, having a post-war setting and all, and sometimes I like to torture my minions a little and have a nice dark plot. But both can work very nicely on their own.

Diamond1304
February 4th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Hmm, nice suggestion. I might try out something like that the next time I decide to have another Journey RP. :)

Apotheosis
February 4th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Seems I'm always thinking of a new RP to make xD But I won't post one for a while. I'll concentrate on the existing ones.

It'll be a journey RP, with the possibility to write as long posts as you'd like ^^ And it would be set in Kanto BUT the terrain and climate have changed a bit to make the plain Kanto areas more interesting and challenging, and there are foreign pokémon there, as well as one or two new towns. And professor Oak would have passed away since long, so there would be two new professors. And the plot would include an "evil team" as well as some legendaries.

Oh, and Diamond, I'm excited to see the PMD RP :D

Diamond1304
February 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Seems I'm always thinking of a new RP to make xD But I won't post one for a while. I'll concentrate on the existing ones.

It'll be a journey RP, with the possibility to write as long posts as you'd like ^^ And it would be set in Kanto BUT the terrain and climate have changed a bit to make the plain Kanto areas more interesting and challenging, and there are foreign pokémon there, as well as one or two new towns. And professor Oak would have passed away since long, so there would be two new professors. And the plot would include an "evil team" as well as some legendaries.

Oh, and Diamond, I'm excited to see the PMD RP :D

Haha, don't worry, it probably be up in 2 weeks or less. I'm much wanting to see yours too. Can't imagine how the region would be, unless you have a picture of it? Oh, but don't show me now, show it when you put up the RP. :P

I'm now so excited to do a Ranger RP. Do you think I should stick to the Lake Guardians trio as the houses or change them to be based on the Legendary Beasts? Come to think of it, House Uxie sounds weird. House Raikou sounds nicer than House Mesprit. T.T What to do now.....?

And also, can someone teach me how to create those type of region maps that enables the creator to place cities, landmarks and features wherever they want. I need one of those to put them in my Journey RP. Is there some program for me to do that or what? Thanks for the help in advanced.

Ash_Ketchum123
February 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
@Diamond1304: I personally like the Legendary Beasts more. House Entei just sounds simply awesome. Although, I think you should wait for more opinions. I'm not exactly the best guy to answer those kind of stuff.

A Ranger RP, eh? I dunno. I've made one before, and it didn't really turn out that well. But since you're making one, if you ever post it on PC, please tell me and I'd be ecstatic to try to join it ^^

Diamond1304
February 4th, 2011, 11:37 PM
@Diamond1304: I personally like the Legendary Beasts more. House Entei just sounds simply awesome. Although, I think you should wait for more opinions. I'm not exactly the best guy to answer those kind of stuff.

A Ranger RP, eh? I dunno. I've made one before, and it didn't really turn out that well. But since you're making one, if you ever post it on PC, please tell me and I'd be ecstatic to try to join it ^^
I thought so too. I'm trying to make the houses quite like the ones in HP, like Gryffindor, Ravenclaw etc. I'm giving each house their own unique characteristics that separate them from the other houses. E.g. House Entei emphasises the traits of courage, justice and strength. The emblematic Pokemon is Entei and the house colours are scarlet and gold.

Also, I am thinking of doing a InuYasha+Knights of Cygnus RP. But I have no ideas and I don't want to copy or plagiarize works. :(

Apotheosis
February 5th, 2011, 01:08 AM
What is Knights of Cygnus? :) As long as there's not a jewel broken in shards there, I'm all for it ;P

And the beasts are much more fitting for house mascots, I think~

Would Suicune be like Ravenclaw with cleverness and skill, while Raikou was like... Uh. Hufflepuff/Slytherin? ^^

Diamond1304
February 5th, 2011, 01:22 AM
What is Knights of Cygnus? :) As long as there's not a jewel broken in shards there, I'm all for it ;P

And the beasts are much more fitting for house mascots, I think~

Would Suicune be like Ravenclaw with cleverness and skill, while Raikou was like... Uh. Hufflepuff/Slytherin? ^^
Knights of Cygnus, aka KOC by the Maplers like me, are a class or elite adventurers that serve the Queen of the Maple World. Yes, I'm talking about MapleStory here. xD Here's more on them, if you're curious. http://www.maplewiki.net/index.php?title=Cygnus_Knights/Knights_Of_Cygnus

Raikou is unlike Hufflepuff or Slytherin as according to Bulbapedia, it's distrustful of humans and such, so the chracteristics of rangers sorted into Raikou would normally be somewhat similar to Ravenclaw as they consider options before making decisions and are hard to gain any Raikou ranger's trust. And since Raikou's form is based on a tiger, the house have traits and symbols of a tiger, like respect, royalty and power. So in a slight way, Raikou house is like Slytherin though its too evil for a house. xP

@RHCP: Slightly side-tracking form the current topic, jewel shards are absorbed and embodied into the body of whoever uses if you take it from the anime itself.

Apotheosis
February 5th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Ah, Maple Story. It's cute :3 Never played though.

Yeah, that's true ^^ Raikou House wouldn't have to be as mean as Slytherin though.

Oh, you mean about what I just wrote in that RP? I know that's how it works in InuYasha, but this RP isn't InuYasha. I only got the idea from there, and I want the shards to be visible ^^

Diamond1304
February 5th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Ah, Maple Story. It's cute :3 Never played though.

Yeah, that's true ^^ Raikou House wouldn't have to be as mean as Slytherin though.

Oh, you mean about what I just wrote in that RP? I know that's how it works in InuYasha, but this RP isn't InuYasha. I only got the idea from there, and I want the shards to be visible ^^
The shards are visible to Kagome, if you count that. XD Heheh, and everyone knows that Koga's shards are in his lower body.

Oh and another thing, does anyone know to draw your own region maps? Do I need to download a software for that?? 'Cos I really need one of those for moi Journey RP.

Apotheosis
February 5th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Well, yeah, but still it won't work the same in my RP ^^ You can just carry them around.

I'm eager to post the journey RP. But I posted the other RP only some days ago troubled Michaela with deleting it and all and I don't want to seem too annoying ^^' I'll just go and do my homework now.

But be sure to tell me when your PMD RP is up, or your own journey one! I'll maybe not join the latter one, but I will read stalk it :3

Beechlgz
February 5th, 2011, 02:12 AM
There aren't any strict sign-up threads. For new threads the sign-ups are usually posted in the IC thread (though some may state they want you to post them in the OOC so read carefully). For those that are already started you can post in the OOC or VM the GM to ask if there are any spots open.

Thanks. So, I guess it's a matter of surfing about and seeing what's open and what isn't. Sadly all the ones I liked are closed to new sign-ups. Oh well, it happens.

By the way I had an idea that I thought was quite fun, and I've submitted it for review. I don't know if the moderators will approve of it or not though. A little island adventure kind of thing, fairly simplistic, but the plot thickens as the story progresses and not all is as it seems. I won't give away too much obviously. I was wondering, for someone like myself who has only ever participated in failed RPs (like, ones that were abandoned by other players before the first page was finished, always disappointing when that happens), is it wise for me to start my own?

Would it have been better to join another RP, even if I wasn't too sure about the story or familiar with the themes? Or is it better to start your own when you can't find one you're comfortable with?

Also, just out of curiosity, or maybe a need to convince myself it's not my fault: does anyone here ever find themselves participating in failed RPs a lot? Does it ever get to you to the point that you wonder if you are the one putting the other players off for one reason or another? That you're essentially killing good RPs just because you took part? I know it's a crazy thought, but it's been bugging my mind lately. I wouldn't consider myself a bad writer with a bad imagination, but it seems as soon as I join an RP it just dies before I even get a chance to get my foot very far in the door.

Apotheosis
February 5th, 2011, 03:13 AM
@ Beechlgz - You seem to be a person who can write good enough posts. I'm sure you're not the reason for the RPs to fail :)

Rather, you should be picky when you choose what RPs to sign up for. If the GM doesn't seem to be very active, or didn't bother typing up a proper first post for the RP, then maybe he'll disappear after a while when he gets bored with it. Seems to happen a lot. But sometimes it's of course the players who make it stop. Perhaps the plot isn't clear enough for the players to bother writing on, or they grow tired of the RP themselves.

So, don't just join any RP. Join the ones that look good; not visually since that's not what matters even if I think it's fun to write up visually nice looking first posts ^^' But the ones with a plot that sounds like the GM have actually given it some thought and come up with a game mechanics that will allow the players to live out their imagination in that world.

Regarding joining vs starting... I've discovered I'm doing better if I'm not participating in my own RP. I might try again sometime, but for now I'm concentrating on being GM.

But if you have a really good idea, and have given it a lot of thought, by all means post it and see how it works out for the players. If it does work out good, then maybe someone else gets inspired and makes a similar RP, which you can join ;) Or you can, of course, be a player in your own RP. It works for many.

Diamond1304
February 5th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Well, yeah, but still it won't work the same in my RP ^^ You can just carry them around.

I'm eager to post the journey RP. But I posted the other RP only some days ago troubled Michaela with deleting it and all and I don't want to seem too annoying ^^' I'll just go and do my homework now.

But be sure to tell me when your PMD RP is up, or your own journey one! I'll maybe not join the latter one, but I will read stalk it :3
Heehee, I read stalk your Pokemorph too, so I think that's kinda fair. xP

Good luck with your homework! I have mine to do too but the deadline's just 3 days away and I'm nearly finished with it so I'm not bugged by it..for now. xD

@Beechlgz: I don't think your the cause for people dropping out, there are few reasons:
1. They are inactive or lazy to post.
2. They have no stamina. (linked to aforementioned.)
3. The GM is inactive and therefore give up no ever continuing the RP, since there's no one in control.

Yup, same as what RHCP said, if your RP is good, then of course people would come and you gotta have a certain level of standard for the RPs you wanna take part in. I have pulled my SU out of some RPs cos the GM was just....extinct. For my RPs-to-be, I plan on having an inactivity rule. That one must post at least once a week, if not, they will be expelled from the RP. I'm currently in a dormant RP, but I'm holding on since the creator already notified us of his absence, so that's still reasonable. :/

Cirrus
February 5th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I'm a little sad that not a lot of people are interested in non-Pokemon RPs, but this is reasonable, given this is a Pokemon forum and everything... > : Unfortunately though, this also means that a lot of high-fantasy (or whatever) RP ideas never see the light of day (due to lack of interest), and I don't really find Pokemon RPs extremely fun any more (most of them anyway... there are some that are genuinely interesting), as most of them just focus around "go on journey, beat gyms, get stronger". To me that plot isn't extremely exciting. The ones that aren't that focus around something like "save world from threat", but the threat in question isn't even very realistic... Somehow the heroes manage to beat the threat easily, every time, and the leaders of the threat don't even seem evil (I mean if I were a villain, I would do, you know, more terrifying things). Of course I'm generalizing a bit here, but it seems so unrealistic sometimes... So much so that I have basically lost the will to RP significantly and stick to writing instead.

This is probably Pokemon and its premise's fault, and perhaps I am too demanding (I only consider myself a "mediocre" RPer at best... I have a lot to learn), but those are my thoughts on some of the things happening.

pokemongarnet
February 5th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I agree with you that it's not the most fun when the threat is beat easily, but it's mostly up to the RPers to decide how that goes. so maybe if people decided to lose now and again...

インフェルノの津波
February 5th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah I agree Cirrus.

Which is precisly why I'm doing more of a "realistic plot" in mine, but seriously how seriously can you get with a series that isn't meant to be taken seriously?

Do you realize that most Pokemon can destroy countries single-handedly?

pokemongarnet
February 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
It doesn't seem like to many people are taking interest in my RP. Awwww Well.

The pokecommunity RP section as a whole seems to be getting alot of new RPers (which is Great) but the SUs are so Lacking in alot of stuff, aswell as the posts. I mean everyone's a begginer at some time, but people don't seem to care as much.

EDIT: I forgot to ask. What is the proper way to RP? First Person Third Person with Limited knowledge, Or third person omniscent?

Diamond1304
February 5th, 2011, 11:41 PM
@pokemongarnet:
First person would be good, however saying 'I did this', 'I did that' all the time can be tedious. I tend to do third person perspective, saying my character's name or replacing it with the appropriate status(i.e. the boy or in PMDs, the [Pokemon species]).

Apotheosis
February 6th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I prefer third person. First person gets a bit annoying, if you want to read the RP like a story. I was thinking of banning first person posts in my RPs, but some people really feel better with that, so I'm letting them.

Oh, and omniscient. Third person that can hear the characters thoughts AND see things the character doesn't, like "But little did he know a giant zombie was waiting for him just around the corner..." That's what I prefer because that's the style that resembles a written story the best.

Though it's interesting to read the "limited knowledge" style too, if I interpret your meaning correctly.

When I'm writing NPCs in my RPs, I try not to get too personal... though sometimes it's necessary, to give out info the players would benefit from knowing, even though their characters don't.

I think Michaela is going to do some kind of SU help thread ^^ Would be much needed, I'd link to it when rejecting bad SUs xD

Diamond1304
February 6th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Good thing! I'll probably read it to brush up on my SU-ing skills. :)

Apotheosis
February 6th, 2011, 04:41 AM
I'm writing a SU now, and I think it's becoming too long xD It's honestly a novel itself. I normally don't write SUs long like this one, but I just got so deep into the character and can't stop myself...

This is a good thing, most often. If you can't write a pretty long SU about your character, then it's probably not fun to play with.

Though, if you write too much, there's not much room for personal development xD

Diamond1304
February 6th, 2011, 04:48 AM
I'm writing a SU now, and I think it's becoming too long xD It's honestly a novel itself. I normally don't write SUs long like this one, but I just got so deep into the character and can't stop myself...

This is a good thing, most often. If you can't write a pretty long SU about your character, then it's probably not fun to play with.

Though, if you write too much, there's not much room for personal development xD
Yes, very true about the last point you stated. I can't help it sometimes too, especially when I've an idea I want to grow it so much. xD

pokemongarnet
February 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I usually write SUs that are from what I see medium/long length. It gives room for development aswell as having alot to the character.

@ Red's Hawt Chibi Pellipers: do you change your avatar everyday or something?

Mute608
February 6th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Here's a Question: Does anyone here ever get tired of just a classical Kanto RP. You know, the simple "Get your first pokemon and Collect all the Kanto Gym Badges" plot. I personally love a simple rp like this and was thinking about just starting one of those as I get back into rping at Pokecommunity, while writing one out that is a tad more complex... what is everyone's opinion?

Apotheosis
February 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I love those, personally. I'll never grow tired of them ^^ although I'd really like to see a Sinnoh one; Kanto is the most common. I just started one myself as a Game Master, since the one I was a player in seems to be dying. The GM hasn't been on in a while.

Only thing is, there are many of this kind of RPs already. For your RP to get accepted by the moderator, it will have to have some kind of special storyline or background and plot twists.

Mute608
February 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Mmm maybe I'll start a Hoenn or Sinnoh one then. I've been looking at the rp's and there does seem to be a lot of Kanto and Johto ones. I don't think I'll change the plot too much...otherwise it wouldn't be a "simple" rp, but I might add some little twists and sidequests here and there. I'll think about it the next couple of days.

EDIT: Actually think I'm going to try getting a Hoenn one started tonight

pokemongarnet
February 6th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Pokemon+FMA? Anyone? It's going to be called "Marked". and it's not really the same though.

インフェルノの津波
February 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Oh my god.

Please..no. Please, just no.

I've seen something like that go down.

It died a slow, painful death.

pokemongarnet
February 6th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Really? What was it? And what happened, the only way I know of RP's dying is people losing interest.

Please Elaborate.

インフェルノの津波
February 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM
It was going along nicely, really. It was about 2 years ago. It was later deleted.

But still it was too...how may I say it...copy and pasted. It's like all they did was add Pokemon, which made no sense to the law of equivalent exchange. They did have some interesting concepts, such as how making a Pokemon evolve forcibly isn't such a good idea, but really it sucked.

Now, if you want to merge or make a new series out of something, try something out of history.

Like the ice age. Or the Renaissance. It's up to you really.

But Pokemon + Manga isn't usually good.

Feign
February 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I'm wondering if I should do a 2.0 of one of my first RPs that I started here. It had a good premise too.

pokemongarnet
February 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
It was going along nicely, really. It was about 2 years ago. It was later deleted.

But still it was too...how may I say it...copy and pasted. It's like all they did was add Pokemon, which made no sense to the law of equivalent exchange. They did have some interesting concepts, such as how making a Pokemon evolve forcibly isn't such a good idea, but really it sucked.

Now, if you want to merge or make a new series out of something, try something out of history.

Like the ice age. Or the Renaissance. It's up to you really.

But Pokemon + Manga isn't usually good.

Well It's actually a stretch from FMA just relating to the Laws of Alchemy, not at all copy pasted. It's like this, There's a war, not like the FMA one, and there's like 16? of these people who have a marking on them that relates to a legendary pokemon, these people try to stop the war. That mark is like a transmutation circle that transorms whatever part the marking is on into part of a legendary pokemon basically, they also gain there powers. And there would also be Alchemy regularly, but the "Marked" people wouldn't own pokemon.

I'm wondering if I should do a 2.0 of one of my first RPs that I started here. It had a good premise too.

Would that perchance be the same one called Alter Ipse Amicus? I was in that for the brief time that it lasted and I liked it for the 3 posts that I got in before it ended.

Feign
February 6th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Would that perchance be the same one called Alter Ipse Amicus? I was in that for the brief time that it lasted and I liked it for the 3 posts that I got in before it ended.

You were in it, and it was Latin, but by a different name.

インフェルノの津波
February 6th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I have an idea!

How about we do Kings and Queens! Like, we're all Kings and Queens and trying to destroy each other's kingdoms!

Feign
February 6th, 2011, 07:53 PM
This was the thread I spoke of. It was a good, darkly themed RP:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=213581

Diamond1304
February 6th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I love those, personally. I'll never grow tired of them ^^ although I'd really like to see a Sinnoh one; Kanto is the most common. I just started one myself as a Game Master, since the one I was a player in seems to be dying. The GM hasn't been on in a while.

Only thing is, there are many of this kind of RPs already. For your RP to get accepted by the moderator, it will have to have some kind of special storyline or background and plot twists.
Just to let you, and everyone else for that matter, that my Journey RP is based on a region that was inspired by Sinnoh, so you can mostly find Sinnoh natives there, with a mix of exotic Johto and Hoenn Pokemon. ;D

EDIT: I submitted my PMD RO thread a while ago for validation. Hopefllu it gets accepted! Wish me luck! :) *crosses fingers*

No one has answered my question so I'll ask it again. Does anyone know where to get region maps? I need one for my Journey RP as I need to show the cities' names and layout etc. Please tell me if you know a good way. Thanks!

Feign
February 7th, 2011, 01:16 PM
If I do do an 2.0 of the rp, I think I will change a few things to make it more open, and more organized. Perhaps even chaptered. I guess it would also depend on the level of interest.

pokemongarnet
February 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM
the first time SUs filled up in like a day didn't they? the interest level will probably be really high again.

Feign
February 7th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah :3

Part of it is because I allowed for such freedom, I mean I would allow high level pokemon, if the person's history legitimized it. Though that doesn't mean it would make the challenges any easier.

I've already ammended some of the old rules and tweaked other things I had on the original post.

Perhaps the most difficult thing at this point is the person's inventory. I might try to set a limit on it to some extent.

pokemongarnet
February 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah, with he inventory thing, half of some people's SU's were there inventory, haha, I just put basic stuff i could think of like a sleeping bag. Some people had stuff like: A collapsable two- story tent with a balcony. Not really though.

Feign
February 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I think I will write something like:

Everyone will have a tent and sleeping bag (and other necessities) and then leave them with 30 open spots for pokemon related supplies for fairness and ease.

pokemongarnet
February 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
That sounds balanced. The one thing I didn't like about it though, was that The characters were really far apart and I think character reaction would've been fun in that RP.

Feign
February 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I could certainly include that in a challenge. Like "meet up with x player at y location to do z task". And I'd still of course allow for people to travel together.

Two reasons why I had them far apart at first was because I wanted people to RP the result of being isolated (aside from being with pokemon) and also because it allows them the freedom of RPing without having to wait for the other person (at least at first)

I'm almost done fixing it up, so I hope it works, plus I've integrated questions asked after I had posted it too.

pokemongarnet
February 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Cool, I'll definitely post an SU once that's up.

Feign
February 7th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Okay now it is waiting approval :)

I'm unsure if I'll participate though, perhaps only act as a narrator of sorts.

I'll still make people having to write unconventional things though XD

インフェルノの津波
February 7th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Eh...I've got another idea..but I'm stumped.

It's called [Marked]. It's basically about 10 teens who've been marked by these eternal, divine beings known as the Saviour (neither have a gender, but each can be masculine and feminine I guess), and the Pure, last of their kind. They worked together to defeat the great evil known as Calamity. They won, and so they sealed up Calamity for trillions of years. They've watched worlds go by, saddened by the foolishness of each one, but didn't interfere, even when they all died out. They've seen countless destructions and creations of worlds. The one we know now is #11019.

But they've started to notice something: Calamity is back. Oh crap. Saviour and Pure aren't in the best shape, so they've done something they'd rather had not done: seek help. Even though they don't want help, they've noticied humans and Pokemon are an interesting creation, genetic flukes, and the sheer fact they're still alive with all their flaws and stuff is amazing.

Now each Mark has it's own ability, and their users have 3 abilities as well. hey all grow over time.

Now I want to implement an idea into this, like say if you have a fully evolved Pokemon, and one of the Marks makes that Pokemon into an Exceed, which means it's something that's exceeded it's own limits. Like say Rhyperior was the subject, it would have drills in it's hand-holes, it's tail is a drill, it can dig into the center of the Earth, and it's power is amazing.

So, what do you think?

Feign
February 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
It seems a little muddled, and you'd have to certainly explain what things like Exceeds and Marks are (etc).

It does make sense in what you want it to be though, bad guy is gone, but not truly and now is back and powerful beings get humans with pokemon to stop the threat with the use of their own power to boot.

インフェルノの津波
February 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Well, that's why I came here before making a fool of myself! XD.

But Exceeds are really just upgraded forms of the fully evolved Pokemon.

The Marks are I guess what you called "Access to Ultimate Power", the users at first aren't really sure what to do with them, but as they go along they learn what the real power of their Mark is.

And yeah that's kind of the plot. Though towards the days of finalization I might change it to bad guy is actually a pawn, real bad guy is much, much worse.

Feign
February 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Perhaps the best hint in doing anything in concerns to writing is that what might make sense to you in your head, might not make sense to the reader if they were to read it to themselves.

Writers of any sort of experience can make this mistake, so as long as you have a skeleton of a plot and an idea of what you want your RPers to do then you're on your way to being set.

Beechlgz
February 8th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I'm just a little curious about something. Who here tends to play a character that is the same sex as themselves? For girls, does it bother you to play a male character or are you okay with it, and for boys, does it bother you to play as a female or are you okay with it?

I find myself, personally not really taking sex into consideration that much, and that during development of the character, it doesn't bother me if he turns out to be a male, or if she ends up being female, and if I end up playing as a male or female. I assume this is probably the case for most people here, but there might be some with a preference?

Diamond1304
February 8th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I'm just a little curious about something. Who here tends to play a character that is the same sex as themselves? For girls, does it bother you to play a male character or are you okay with it, and for boys, does it bother you to play as a female or are you okay with it?

I find myself, personally not really taking sex into consideration that much, and that during development of the character, it doesn't bother me if he turns out to be a male, or if she ends up being female, and if I end up playing as a male or female. I assume this is probably the case for most people here, but there might be some with a preference?
Hmm....well, I played as the male most of the time but in RHCP's latest RP, I took a switch to be an opposite sex. I don't really care about the genders but I think that sometimes gender plays a huge role in certain aspects of character development. :>

Ash_Ketchum123
February 8th, 2011, 03:50 AM
As for me, I just can't get myself to RP as a girl xP And I agree with Diamond. Gender has a lot to do with the character's development ^^

Doctor Who
February 8th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I usually play as a girl because I find them more fun to play with though I do occasionally play as a male and have little problems doing so. For PC I've gotten in the habit of playing girls because there are far more people playing as boys so I try to even it out a little.

Though RDCP's roleplay ended up with only girls xD

Diamond1304
February 8th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Anyone knows an estimated time for a RP to be validated? I submitted mine yesterday. I'm thinking it'll be a few days? Will I receive some sort of notification if the RP is validated or not? O.o

slls81
February 8th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Anyone knows an estimated time for a RP to be validated? I submitted mine yesterday. I'm thinking it'll be a few days? Will I receive some sort of notification if the RP is validated or not? O.o

It honestly depends on how active the mod is. The new mod seems to be quite active, so it shouldn't be more than a few days at most.

You don't receive a notification to say that the RP has been accepted unfortunately, although that would be a useful addition. You just have to keep an eye out to see when it appears. I tend to 'subscribe' to my RP's when I post them, so that if someone does post in it when it's accepted, I receive a notification that way.

Beechlgz
February 8th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Have to agree. Males and females sometimes have different attitudes and behaviours. Even if males and females aren't too different, especially nowadays in Western society, there are certain subtle differences.

Well, I've only submitted one. It took only a couple of days and there was no notification. Just have to keep checking back, really.

Diamond1304
February 8th, 2011, 04:39 AM
It honestly depends on how active the mod is. The new mod seems to be quite active, so it shouldn't be more than a few days at most.

You don't receive a notification to say that the RP has been accepted unfortunately, although that would be a useful addition. You just have to keep an eye out to see when it appears. I tend to 'subscribe' to my RP's when I post them, so that if someone does post in it when it's accepted, I receive a notification that way.

Well, I've only submitted one. It took only a couple of days and there was no notification. Just have to keep checking back, really.
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I too do subscribe with the setting too. :)

Apotheosis
February 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM

I have no preference, actually. I find it equally easy/difficult to play as a girl as it is to play as a boy. It depends more on the personality you give the character than on the gender, I think.

I usually play as a girl because I find them more fun to play with though I do occasionally play as a male and have little problems doing so. For PC I've gotten in the habit of playing girls because there are far more people playing as boys so I try to even it out a little.

Though RDCP's roleplay ended up with only girls xD

Yeah, I loved it xD unusual. Though, I think Ash_Ketchum's character is a boy? Oh, I have to go accept him *tiptoes away*

Diamond1304
February 9th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I'm so very worried and anxious. :S I'm all jittery and nervous. It's already the 3rd day since I submitted my RP and I've a feeling it was rejected. >.< I hope it's just my imagination, but what I see gives evidence that my RP was killed before it had its first breath. :( I saw on Michaela's VM page and Michaela was talking to someone and a line in the conversation caught my attention. It said, "There are already quite a few Mystery Dungeon RPs already out there." Oh dear, this is a bad omen. D:

Doctor Who
February 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Just a little bit of advertising don't mind me xD

My roleplay Johto's New League has six open spots due to inactivity, please check out the OOC (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238889) thread and post your sign-ups there if interested (:

--

Diamond I'm sure it's fine, I don't think any new roleplays have been accepted the past few days and as long as your Mystery Dungeon roleplay has a solid plot there's no reason for it to be rejected (:

Apotheosis
February 9th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Diamond, if your RP was rejected, Michaela would have told you. She's probably busy. (though, I've noticed it might help poking her with a VM... jk don't do that xD I get the feeling she thinks that's annoying.)

Also, Doctor, I've asked for you to reserve me a spot ;)