• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Color Me Evil's ☆ Photog

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
  • Since I have a gallery for my tags and such, I figured I'd make one for my photographs. The black and white photos were taken for my Photography class. They were taken with a Pentax K1000 with B&W film. Developed and printed by yours truly. Enjoy.

Black and White

Photogram, assignment #1

King_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Kingdom Hearts action figure.

Point of View, assignment #2

Assignment was to take 24 exposures of one object in different points of view. No exposure could have the same angle.

Prodigal_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Beyond_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

North_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Throne_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Light and Shadow, assignment #3

Assignment was to capture natural light and shadows. Absolutely no artificial light.

Reflections_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Around_the_bend_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Recycling_Part_2_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

The_Best_Ball_in_Golf_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Portraits, assignment #5

Assignment was to capture people.

The_Ponderer_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Hold_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Scanned Negatives

Obstructed_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

From Light and Shadow, my teacher wouldn't let me crop negatives under the enlarger so my only choice was to scan the negative in.

Colored Photos

Painting With Light, assignment #4

Assignment was to be in a completely or nearly dark room and "paint" the exposure with light on a digital point and shoot camera. Set the camera to Night setting and moved the camera while exposing to get desired effect.

Morning_Rush_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

I probably should've focused on driving.

Controls_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Lightfall_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Keurig_by_crimsonxsun.jpg

Any and all comments would be appreciated!

Ryusheika

Hero of Time
    Years
  • These are all fantastic shots, CME! Are you planning on being a photographer in the future, because you're already well on your way to becoming a successful one. My favorite one is the first color photo with the swirling lights. It has wonderful contrast and it just looks amazing. Keep up the good work. ^_^

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Very nice photographs.
    With your black and white photographs, do you keep the negatives in a plastic sheet or special protector sleeve?
    I just want to ask because a lot of your shots have little white spots and scratches on the negative which may just be bad luck, or it may be that they are not being stored properly. You might want to look into it because if they get scratched a lot they won't be very good for printing again. Plus you want to keep your negatives in good shape so when you are older you can look back on your past work. :P

Very nice stuff, love the perspectives of the teddy bear the most.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • My negatives are kept in a special sleeve. The negatives are in nearly perfect condition, the scanner I used is always dusty and gets my prints icky. ):

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Ah, I'm interested in knowing why they're black and white. I actually rather like them this way. I think it captures the meaning instead of the color of the photograph and keeps any of the unsightly bright cyan, yellow, and magenta pigments in the photo. (The subject in assignment 2 is also an interesting choice; what made you choose it?)

However, I really think that the natural light series would have been better in a more serene setting; the point of those (at least I think) is to detach from technology spare your camera (which technically can't be seen anyway) and I think the houses and appliances are a bit off from the purpose.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • They're in black and white because that's the film our teacher gives us because we don't have the chemicals to develop color film. It IS actual film, not digital files desaturated. I chose the subject for assignment #2 because it was always my favorite stuffed animal. Still sleep with it today.

And no, the point of the light and shadow was to capture light and shadow. There's no undercover "detach-from-technology" voodoo crap.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    They're in black and white because that's the film our teacher gives us because we don't have the chemicals to develop color film. It IS actual film, not digital files desaturated. I chose the subject for assignment #2 because it was always my favorite stuffed animal. Still sleep with it today.

And no, the point of the light and shadow was to capture light and shadow. There's no undercover "detach-from-technology" voodoo crap.
    I know it's actual film, I read that in your first post. What I was saying was that photos taken in color tend to have unsightly shades closer to the light source.

Oh, and I wasn't sure about that assignment. I've never actually tinkered with any kind of BW film, and I'm not currently taking a photography course so I wasn't entirely sure about that assignment.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Maybe you should've asked about the assignment before making assumptions.
    Since when am I not allowed to make assumptions, especially when they're labelled as such?

Y'know, I'll just leave it alone. I don't want this to develop into one of those thread-lock arguments, cause then I'd have to leave. ;]

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Oh ok, cause I know in our photography class, some guys didn't use the sleeve and they got hair scratches, nicks and dirt marks from not protecting them.
    Oh well, maybe the scanner needs a good cleaning. ;)

Back