• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something that bothers me a little.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Something that bothers a me is when users create/change their user names to something very similar to someone else's, usually someone popular. I have seen many of these around the forum. Do you guys want the accidental attention that people may give you thinking you are the other famous person. Being a regular member, I think it's kind of stupid and rude.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • ..Um what? o_O

If people give other people attention because they think that person is the real celebrity that's... lol. :|

It's just a name really, and it could also mean it's that person's interest too. I don't really get how it bothers you.

Years
  • I'd imagine that admins who intend to perform username changes will reject any that are similar to existing, established members. Something like ".Lightning" would no doubt be rejected for being too similar to Lightning's username, though nothing can be done if they sign up with that username. =/

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've only seen one [RukarioX, or somthing like that]
    But ya, it is against the rules to change your name to a preivous username of an admin I think.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    yeah i kind of agree with you...lots of people do have the same names (kinda)

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    There are many many example of this. Mostly copying people like zel, staff member(s), etc.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Very Similar username changes are reviewed on a case by case basis.

Although I would suggest using a good rule of thumb and actually looking at the user before assuming its another user.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I was placing an opinion on those kinds of people.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    There's no actual rule against it, actually. It's just that we admins are usually smart enough to register fake accounts with our old usernames when we change our real account's name, that way nobody can steal it. XD;

But yeah, it's not really that big of a deal, it's impossible to register an account with the exact same name, and obviously in the case of staff members we have different colored usernames. Like, obviously "--zel" isn't actually zel, and "Lightening" isn't actually Lightning. It's kinda rude, but it'd be stupid to try and create a rule like "sorry, but you aren't allowed to have a username at all similar to anyone elses'" >_<

I'm assuming you were the one who preregistered the name Audy.

Back