• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gasp!? A UFO Pokemon!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay today when I wa traing my Magnezon I was thinking. This thing is a U F O! I even named it that. .::. U F O. Its not just its looks either. Its ability Magnet Pull and many of its moves like Magnet Rise, Signal Beam, Flash Cannon and more. What do you guys think? Is this pokemon going to be in a future U F O episode or is it even based on UFOs?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Dunno but good eyes. I always thought it as a ufo pokemon. Too bad the anime ruined such an episode as we already had the lickylicky ufo episode.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Scientifically, an UFO usually is said to glide by a supreme power that defies the force of gravity, by which is not accomplishable by Magnetic force itself.

But the Magnet Pokemon are probably just DNA embedded into magnets. No biggy. I doubt that there will futher "Alien Conspiracies" besides Clefairy and Deoxys.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Magnezone was probably inspired by a UFO, but in all cases it's pretty much an extremely advanced machine. It hovers and moves by using magnetic energy, not space technology. Otherworldliness not included.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • What about Starmie?
    It's been said several times in the Pokedex that it may have something to do with outer space but nobody talks about it.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    What about Starmie?
    It's been said several times in the Pokedex that it may have something to do with outer space but nobody talks about it.
    Starmie doesn't exactly look like a UFO, and that is only mentioned in some entries. It doesn't look like it's from space, so people tend to forget it might be from space.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont think that it can be said that UFOs dont use some kind of magnetism unless one has been studied and Im not so sure one has

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Welcome to last year?

I dont think that it can be said that UFOs dont use some kind of magnetism unless one has been studied and Im not so sure one has

Magnetism in transport is rarely achievable in any form more complex than a monorail, it's perfectly viable that UFOs will have no use for it.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Wouldn't the magnetism need to have another source of magnetism to work? Assuming each planet has a big old magnet in the center and each UFO had a big old magnet in the center, how would a UFO get around being so far away from the opposite... poles, were they called? I don't know about magnetism. xD

Also. It can't be said that UFOs don't work on magnets, but it can't be said that they can, either.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I see we have a lot of aliens and weirdos here because everyone just knows huh. Anyway I just thoughtit would be a fun thing to bring up.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Starmie doesn't exactly look like a UFO, and that is only mentioned in some entries. It doesn't look like it's from space, so people tend to forget it might be from space.

I didn't mean UFO I just meant like a E.T. or something.

Also Clefairy doesn't have that many entries saying it's from space ether.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I never really thought of Meganezone being a UFO but now that I think of it, it actually does look like one...GOOD EYES!
    but I do not think it might be represented by a UFO episode since that was taken by lickylicky (spelling?)...
    but I do think it will be aired when Ash and CO. arrive to Sunyshore and they meet up with Jasmine from the Johto...that is when I think we'll see Magnezone in the anime...
    but cool, now everytime I see Magnezone I'll think of outerspace and UFOs...lol

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Eh I never realised that but it does share some characteristics! I think we need some scientists in to the lab and do some research!

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I can just imagine the scientist guys over in Switzerland scratching their heads at a picture of Magnezone :P.

But yeah, it shares some characteristics of a UFO, but it could just be a complete coincedence. Of course, i bet not ;). Quite interesting and good spot, by the way!

Back