• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemanga

Years
  • Ay um I dnt kno if diz Pokemon manga all linkz up.Bt iz da Poke manga da same? Lik u kno uh wit Red, nd Blue u kno all dem charcterz. Iz dat really da Pokemon mangaz or madeup one'z? O nd can u really make ur own Pokemon manga, iz it legal?????

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    If you mean that all of the mangas are all linked, then yes they are...well the Pokemon Special mangas are. They all take place in the same world with the same timeline. I'm just guessing, your grammar is terrible and I have hardly any idea what your trying to ask here.

Years
  • Oh my bad it's called text talk.I know how to type correctly, it's just that I been, on well I don't want to say where because someone might close this thread because of advertising. But it start with a M you guys know what I'm talking about. But yeah whenever I'm on Pokecommunity, I'll type correctly.

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • Yeah, please do not use any text talk in the forum, there isn't a character limit you have to worry about and far too difficult to understand people in a forum when talking like that.

Also in regards to making a manga, there are tons of fan-comics call doujinshi, while it somewhat isn't legal, Japanese companies don't mind it and allow fan-comics to be created and even sold.

Years
  • Yeah, please do not use any text talk in the forum, there isn't a character limit you have to worry about and far too difficult to understand people in a forum when talking like that.

Also in regards to making a manga, there are tons of fan-comics call doujinshi, while it somewhat isn't legal, Japanese companies don't mind it and allow fan-comics to be created and even sold.
    Okay I won't use text talk anymore at the Pokecommunity lol. But that is cool that Japanese companys actually let people do that lol.I guess I might make my own manga and go to Japan lol. And probably make a fortune. And I can finally buy my momma's dream house lol.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Side note, but...

If you mean that all of the mangas are all linked, then yes they are...well the Pokemon Special mangas are.

Emphasis on this.

There's multiple official Pokémon manga out there (as in, with Nintendo's blessing, not doujinshi), not just Special. This includes The Electric Tale of Pikachu (which in a sense is an AU anime manga rather than a manga based on the game), How I Became a Pokémon Card (which doesn't seem to take place in any continuum besides its own), and Pokémon PiPiPi Adventures (also doesn't seem to take place in any continuum besides its own). You can find a list of the more well-known titles here.

So, please be careful when you say the phrases "every manga" or "all of the mangas." Not every one is related to Special. It's just that Special is the most popular and longest-running out of any Pokémon manga series.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yes, but isn't Special the main one?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Yes, but isn't Special the main one?

In the sense of most popular and longest-running, yes, but it's not the only manga with Nintendo's official seal. (Nor, if I recall correctly, is it considered to be "the" Pokémon manga by anyone other than the fans. If it is, feel free to point me to a publisher or official page that states it is.)

So, really, when you say "the manga," you could be referring to any Pokémon manga. It's just usually assumed Special because either some people think the only manga in existence is Special (see below comment on what my first post was referring to) or, which is usually the case, fans shrug off the existence of the others.

Not to mention my comment was in reference to the use of the phrase "every manga" and "all of the mangas" -- which implies every Pokémon manga out there, not just Special.

Years
  • In the sense of most popular and longest-running, yes, but it's not the only manga with Nintendo's official seal. (Nor, if I recall correctly, is it considered to be "the" Pokémon manga by anyone other than the fans. If it is, feel free to point me to a publisher or official page that states it is.)

So, really, when you say "the manga," you could be referring to any Pokémon manga. It's just usually assumed Special because either some people think the only manga in existence is Special (see below comment on what my first post was referring to) or, which is usually the case, fans shrug off the existence of the others.

Not to mention my comment was in reference to the use of the phrase "every manga" and "all of the mangas" -- which implies every Pokémon manga out there, not just Special.
    Well is the Pokemon special the one's with Red and Blue and Silver you know all them charcters?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Well is the Pokemon special the one's with Red and Blue and Silver you know all them charcters?

It is.

I apologize for the argument. I was just saying there's more than one official manga out there to clear up possible confusion over the matter (and to prevent people from thinking there's really only one, which has always been a pet peeve of mine because I really do prefer Electric Tale), but yes, the specific one you're looking for is Special.

Years
  • It is.

I apologize for the argument. I was just saying there's more than one official manga out there to clear up possible confusion over the matter (and to prevent people from thinking there's really only one, which has always been a pet peeve of mine because I really do prefer Electric Tale), but yes, the specific one you're looking for is Special.
    Alright thanks, I'm going on to Serebii and read them today.

Leeky

I herd u liek mudkipz
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    Anyone have a link to read the manga online?

Back