• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Adventures of Yenic and Poochyena

Years
  • This is actually my RP stories so far or before posted in Pikalover10's New Hoenn RPG! Here are the Chapters so far!

Chapter 0 (The RP Sample): The Beginning

Chapter 1: Meeting Baltoy

Chapter 2: Showdown at the Oldale Corrall

Chapter 3: Having a Shadow Ball of a Time

Chapter 0: The Beginning
    "Poochyena, Stop!" Yenic laughed, running after his furry friend.

Poochyena was running all over the nice, calm Route 101 meadow, barking happily. It ws a game Yenic and Poochyena loved to play. Most of the time though, Poochyena won. He was always more agile than his Trainer.

"Alright Poochyena, I give up!" Yenic laughed, falling into the swaying grass beneath him. Poochyena ran over and jumped on him, lickily his face happily. Yenic rubbed Poochyena back, smiling. Then he looked into the golwing sun above him.

" Tomorrow, the adventure starts." He whispered. He closed his eyes, remembering that day, that time, that Pokemon…

It was eight years now. Eight long but quick years ago. He had just went to visit the Poochyena of Route 101 like ha always did, bringing them plates of ripe Oran Berries and Fresh Water from Lavridge Town. He loved seeing the poochyena's faces at the sight of the wonderous lunch. But that day, as he neared the small clearing where they ususally met, a huge, yellow canine-like Pokemon, jumped in front of him, sparkles flying from his fur. The plates dropped from his hands in awe. It wasn't any ordinary Pokemon . It was a Shiny Mightyena. Then, as soon as it came, it ran up the slope, towards Oldale Town. Yenic stood there as if frozen. He had just seen a Shiny Pokemon, the first one he had ever seen.

Yenic reopened his eyes, staring into Poochyena's cute but curious look. He gave a low bark and Yenic rubbed him gently on the head.

"Yes, I was thinking of him again. You believe I saw it, don't you?" he asked, smiling.
    Poochyena licked his face. That meant yes enough to Yenic. But his parents weren't so believable.

"It's O.K son. It was the sun in your eyes, nothing more." His father chuckled, siting in his armchair like he always did after a long day in the Lab of Professor Birch.

"He's right hon. Mightyena don't live in Route 101. It's just not possible. Even a shiny one." His mother added, stirring her famous Cinnabar Hot Chili.

"We'll prove them wrong, won't we?" Yenic asked Poochyena.
    Poochyena gave another lick. Another yes.Yenic stood up, looking up into the clear, blue sky.

"We will accomplish our destiny!" he smiled.

Chapter 2: Meeting Baltoy
    "O.K, it's time." Yenic said, rubbing Poochyena's head. That night, Yenic decided rather than just accepting Poochyena as a Pokemon of his, he would battle it with his first Pokemon from Prof. Birch's. He and Poochyena both decided on this. Yenic wanted to know that he caught Poochyena fair and square and not by just friendship.

" Are you ready bud?" Yenic asked.

Poochyena barked a competitive yes.

"Alright, let's go to the lab." he announced, flinging open a door. Poochyena was first to run out. He sniffed tha air curiously. Poochyena barked to Yenic. A low, nervous bark. Something was wrong at route 101, yenic could just tell by the way Poochyena looked at the route. Then something happened that ensured Yenic's fear. A loud cry. It was Prof. Birch! yenic quickly looked at Poochyena.

"Let's check it out". Yenic said. Poochyena had already started towards the noise. The twosome ran through bushes, trees and tall grass until they reached a huge rock where Prof. Birch was cornered by the biggest Zigzagoon Yenic had ever seen.

" Y-Y-you! Your yenic, Tom's boy, right?" the professor cried. Yenic nodded. Prof. birch quickly glanced over at a huge brown bag laying near Poochyena who was sniffing the contents.

"Your Pokemon is in their. It just came today from Oldale Town. I was just about to bring it to you when this Zigzagoon attacked. Use it to repel it!" he cried.

poochyena brought the bag over with no trouble at all, dropping it at Yenic's feet.

"Thanks pal!" Yenic nodded, picking up the bag. He opened it and searched for the Poke Ball.

"It's not in here!' Yenic cried.

"Check the front pouch!" the professor cried.

Yenic openend it up and found a small red and white ball.

"Got it!" Yenic cried, looking at it with glee. "Now, to activate it. Go, Poke-Ball!" Yenic yelled throwing it towards the zigzagoon. It bounced sereval times before it opened and let out a silver light. A small form was taking place. Then, within seconds, appeared a small, toy-like Ground_Type Pokemon.

"A Baltoy! Perfect!" Yenic yelled. "I know just the move to use! Baltoy! Use Psybeam!"

Baltoys small, red line-like eyes sparkled a weird purple and shot out a strong purple beam. It hit Zigzagoon right on the spot. it was a definate critical hit! Zigzagoon quickly scurried off. The professor walked towards Yanic as he sent Baltoy back into his Poke Ball.

"That was fantastic battling, Yenic! Here, these are for you." Prof. Birch said as he reached into his bag, pulling out five other small poke balls and a small device known as a Pokedex and handing them to him.

"Thanks!'" Yenic smiled, then looking at Poochyena.

"Ready to battle?" Yenic asked.

"Poochyena gave a loud bark, not taking a moment to consider.

"Alright then, Baltoy, come on out!" Yenic yelled.

Once again, Baltoy reappeared, ready to battle.

" Baltoy, Psybeam!" Yenic yelled.

Once again, Baltoy sent a strong beam hurtling towards Poochyena. But even though it hit, Poochyena took no damage.

"Oh yeah!" Yenic said. "Psychic moves don't affect Dark Types like Poochyena.

Before Yenic could call another attack, Poochyena jumped on Baltoy, sinking its teeth on the needle on its head. Baltoy flung Poochyena off but took major damage.

"O.K Baltoy, use Mud-Slap!" Yenic yelled.

Baltoy lowered itself into a muddy puddle and started spining wildly, sending mud all over Poocyhena. Poochyena was blinded by the earth!Yenic held up one of empty balls.

"Now, my friend, Poke Ball, let's go!" Yenic yelled, throwing the ball at Poochyena. The ball absorbed the dog in a sparkling, red light and sucked it in. The ball shook once, twice, even thrice! But it still shook. Everyone waited patiently and finally, after a few minutes the ball stopped. A Male, Brave Poochyena was caught!

Yenic picked up the Poke Ball and opened it, letting Poochyena out.

"Don't worry, for the rest of the run, you're staying out here with me." Yenic smiled. Poochyena gave him a small lick. The adventure had begun.

Chapter 2: Showdown at the Oldale Corrall
    "Remember to check in at the Pokemon Center when you reach Oldale Town. That way, you can fully restore your Pokemon!" Prof. Birch yelled to Yenic as he walked away.
    "I will!" Yenic called back as he walked towards a long winding path with his Poochyena right by him.
    "Well pal, the Map says our first stop will be Oldale Town, where they say things start off scarce." Yenic said to Poochyena.
    Poochyena cocked it's head in confusion, giving a small yelp.
    "Well, we aren't scarce, are we? We're all set!" Yenic laughed. "Hey, look! there's the bridge to Oldale Town, Poochyena!" Yenic said, pointing to a big, strong wooden bridge built over a fast running stream. Yenic walked halfway over the bridge and stopped.
    "As soon as I cross this bridge, it will be the first time I ever leave the Littleroot area. But I'm ready!" Yenic smiled. Together, Yenic and Poochyena walked over the bridge.
    "Well, there you go, we're in Oldale area now!" Yenic chuckled to Poochyena. Poochyena gave a big smile back.
    The twosome continued their way to Oldale Town with no trouble at all. The reached the little town by 5:00 p.m. The sun was already setting over the horizen. Yenic looked at the sun.
    "Looks like we won't be reaching Petalburg until tomorrow, Poochyena". Yenic sighed.
    "Hey! Are you a trainer?" A voice called. yenic spun around to see a girl around his age with long, blonde hair and sparkling green eyes staring at him. She wore an blue T_shirt and long, red jeans.
    "Uh, yeah." Yenic replied, wondering who she was. "Who are you?"
    "My name is Carlella, the future Gym Leader of Lilycove City!" she smiled.
    "Wait. I don't think Lilycove City actually has a Gym there. Are you mistaken." Yenic backfired at Carlella.
    "I know that, that's why I aim to beat the Elite Four and become the 9th Official Gym Leader in Hoenn! And my Gym will be full of Normal Types!" Carlella grinned
    "Hold on. The Petalburg Gym leader, Norman, is the Normal Gym Leader in Hoenn. You sure don't know much about the Hoenn Gyms, do ya?" Yenic laughed.
    "Who says there can't be two Normal Gyms? Norman's Gym if full of ugly Normal Types like Slakoth. My Gym will be full of cuties, like this one! Time to shine, Whismer!" Carlella laughed, throwing a shiny Poke-Ball towards Yenic. The ball popped open and out came a small, purple creature with huge airs and four dots for each of its eyes. It seemed to be mumbling but Yenic couldn't make out the words.
    "What is that?" Yenic asked, pulling out his Pokedex, the red device Prof. Birch gave to him. It electronically flipped open and beeped:
    "Whismer, the WHISPER Pokemon. Whismer tend to murmur unclear words to itself. It's said that anyone who can make out these words are it's true trainer."
    "So, can you make out the words, Carlella, making you it's true trainer?" Yenic asked smirking.
    "Uh, not yet, but I will soon because I am Whismer's true trainer and together, we will conquer the Elite Four. So let's battle!" Carlella said in a confident tone.
    "Alright Carlella, I will! Go, Poochyena!" Yenic replied, with Poochyena jumping in front of him growling.
    "A Poochyena? That's no trouble at all! Whismer, Growl!"
    Whismer let out a faint Growl, so low, no one could even hear it.
    "Oh boy, let me show you a true Growl! Poochyena, Growl!"
    Poochyena let out a huge bark, with huge sound waves echoing through the air. The very ground shook at the sound, but Whismer seemed to not even tremble or lose any Attack power.
    "Your foolish attack has been blocked!" Carlella sighed, smiling.
    "But why wasn't your Whismer's Attack power lowered?" Yenic gasped.
    "Simple, because of Whismer's Soundproof, an ability that's prevents it from being affected from all vocal attacks like your Growl." Carlella laughed."Now it's my turn! Whismer, Tackle!"
    Whismer suddenly started running towards Poochyena, slamming into it super hard. Poochyena went flying, landing in a bush.
    "Alright Carlella, playtime's over! Poochyena, use Bite!" Yenic yelled angrily.
    Poochyena jumped out of the bushes and landed on Whismur, biting one of it's ear. Suddenly, Whismur let out a loud cry, making Poochyena back-off.
    "Oh cool! Whismur learned Uproar!" Carlella squeled happily.
    "Uproar?" Yenic questioned.
    "Correct! Once Uproar has been used, the victim takes major damage. By the looks of it, one more Uproar and Poochyena's done." Carlella laughed.
    Yenic glanced over at Poochyena. Carlella was right. One more Uproar and Poochyena was done.
    'There has to be something around here I can use to help beat Whismur." Yenic thought, looking around at his surroundings. All he could see a piece of rope on the ground.
    "That's it!" he thought.
    "Whismur, finish it up with a final Uproar!" Carlella ordered. Whismur began sucking in air for the final attack.
    "I got different plans, Carlella! Poochyena! Tie whismur up with the rope behind you!" Yenic cried.
    Poochyena grabbed the rope in it's teeth and ran around Whismur in circles. Within seconds, Whismur was tied up and unable to perform Uproar.
    "Alright Poochyena. Finish her off with Bite!" Yenic smiled.
    Poochyena nodded and bit Whismur right on the ear. A critical hit! Whismur sank to the ground, out of energy.
    "We win!" Yenic cried, hugging Poochyena and Poochyena licking him back.
    "Oh no! Whismur!" Carlella ran over to Whismur, untying and hugging it. She then stood up and walked over to Yenic!
    "that was a great battle. I know it isn't much or official but here. You earned the first ever Heart Badge, made by yours truly." Carlella smiled, handing Yenic a small, copper heart.Yenic pinned it on to the inside of his jacket.
    "Thank you Carlella. We should take Whismur to the Pokemon Center know. It needs a good, long rest." Yenic nodded.
    "Agreed." Carlella nodded.
    The twosome ran to the Pokemon Center and healed their Pokemon. By that time it was already 8:00 p.m. So they stayed the night.
    The next morning, Carlella walked with Yenic to the Poke Mart to get more Potions and Full Heals.
    "Yenic, since me and you are both going to the Elite Four Challenge and since we don't have any badges, would you like..." Carlella began.
    "To go together? sure! It'd be more fun!" Yenic smiled. Poochyena barked in agreement.
    A beautiful friendship had begun.

Chapter 3: Having a Shadow Ball of a Time
    It was already Day 2 and Yenic had already made a new friend, the Normal Type fanatic Carlella and her only Pokemon, the cute and lovable Whismur. Yenic had won his first ever Trainer Battle with Poochyena and high hopes on the first gym of his quest, the Petalburg Gym.
    "Say Yenic, how about we train today at Route 103 and hit the Road for 102 tomorrow. I hear the Petalburg Gym's really tough." Carlella suggested that morning.
    "O.k. I was thinking the same thing." Yenic laughed
    "Yeah, sure you were." Carlella said under her breath as she watched Poochyena, Baltoy and Whismur munching on the food they had bought.
    "Where'd you get the Baltoy? Not that many of them now since the weather went all kablooie in the Desert Area." Carlella asked.
    'From Prof. Birch in Littleroot Town. I had Baltoy preordered a long time ago. But i never knew the weather in Hoenn was haywire."Yenic replied.
    "When I came here from Lilycove, I saw heard about lots of changes. Like for example, Dewford is easier to get to do to the drought. And they discovered this Sulfer Cave around the Slateport sea area. I can't explain it but I don't think this is all happening by luck. My Grandpa told me about a Pokemon of water, one of land and one of air that created the world. I bet that has something to do with this." Carlella explained.
    "I'd love to meet one of those Pokemon. Sounds as rare as the Shiny Mightyena I met when I was a child." Yenic said in a daze.
    "You saw a Shiny Pokemon?!? Did you catch it?" Carlella said in amazement.
    "I was too young to. But I have this." Yenic held out a long, ssparkling white fang he wore around his neck. "It left this before it left. I keep it to remember him and hopefully meet him again and perhaps even catch him." Yenic said softly.

Later that day, the twosome headed to Route 103. It was nice and peaceful but didn't seem to have any Pokemon.
    "Any luck?" Carlella called to Yenic.
    "Nope. Not a single one. Very perculiar" Yenic thought. Even poochyena was in the search, sniffing every rock and bush, but to no avail.
    Yenic and Carlella met back at a huge tree in the middle of the route.
    "Well, this sucks. Maybe we should just head to Route 102 and maybe Petalburg if we can." Carlella sighed.
    Suddenly, from the tree, a huge beetle-like Pokemon jumpd in front of them. It was brown and had a huge pinser, snapping wildly. Yenic and carlella fell to the ground in shock.
    "What is that?" Carlella shrieked.
    Yenic pulled out his Pokedex and it beeped:
    "Pinser, the STAG BEETLE Pokemon. One of the strongest Bug Type Pokemon discovered, Pinser like to grab foes in its big pinser and crush them. They should be approuched with extreme caution."
    "No wonder there are no other Pokemon. This thing must off scared them all off!" Carlella cried. "Exterminate that bug!"
    " I would of caught it, but it's just not my type, no matter how powerful it is. Poochyena, Bite!" Yenic yelled.
    Poochyena, gathering up all it's strength, gave a huge Bite on Pinser's pincer. But Pinser flung Poochyena like a feather. Poochyena was still in, but barely.
    "O.k, tough guy, let's see if you can fling this cutie. Whismur, go!" Carlella threw a poke Ball, sending out Whismur. Whimur quivered at the sight at the Pinser.
    "It's time to shine! Whismur, Uproar!" Carlella yelled.
    "Whismur gave a loud yell and sent Pinser a few feet. But it got back up, more angry. But also Confused.
    "Allow me, Carlella! Poochyena, Bite!" Yenic yelled. Poochyena gave a final Bite attack and Pinser ran away, deep into the forest of Route 103.
    "Great job everyone!" Carlella grinned.
    To their surprise, Pokemon of all types started to come out of hiding. Taillow, Wingull, Zigzagoon and a specific Pokemon Carlella took a liking to.
    "Look at that darling! I must have it!" Carlella clapped.
    It was a small, pink dog that looked as though it was a walking doll. Yenic pulled ot his Pokedex.
    " Snubull, the FAIRY Pokemon. Thinking only of itself, Snubbull repel any contact with other Pokemon and want complete attention. Due to this, Snubbull are very difficult to raise."
    "Are you sure you want a Pokemon like that, Carlella? Yenic asked.
    "Of course! it's a cutie and it's a Normal Type! Go, Poke Ball!" Carlella yelled, throwing a Poke Ball.
    "Wait! You should of weakened it first!" Yenic shouted, but it was too late. The Ball had already activated and sucked Snubbull in.
    "Oopsie!" Carlella moaned.
    Within seconds, the ball popped open and Snubbull reappeared, then fled into the forest.
    "NO! COME BACK!" Carlella shrieked, running after it.
    "Carlella, wait!" Yeinc called but Carlella didn't seem to hear him. So he and Poochyena followed them. Then they heard Carlella scream. Yenic ran faster. He stopped in his tracks and gasped. Pinser was back and had Carlella and Snubbull in his pinser.
    "What should I do?" Yenic thought. He had left Baltoy in his backpack in the clearing so he only had Poochyena but his Bite attack couldn't be used since it would also hurt Carlella and the Snubbull,. Too risky. Yenic sank to his feet then saw something sparkling on the ground. It was a flat, circular disc with the words "TM" on it. It was a Technical Machine, a move- teaching machine that could teach any Pokemon a soecific move. but some didn't work on all Pokemon.
    "Maybe that could help!" Yenic thought. He picked it up and saw the words "Shadow Ball". Yenic turned to Poochyena.
    "Want to try it, Poochyena?" Yenic asked. Poochyena gave a bark, meaning a definate yes.
    Pinser's grasp was growing tighter. He had to hurry!
    "T.M activate! Teach Poochyena the move "Shadow Ball"! yenic said in a loud voice. The T>M activated glowing in his hands. The T.M floated to Poochyena and circled it several times before breaking into a thousand pieces.
    "Oh No! It broke!" Carlella cried, staring at the broken pieces scattered on the ground.
    Had the T.M failed. Was all hope lost?
    "Let's hope it worked! Poochyena, Shadow Ball!" Yenic yelled.
    Poochyena opened it's mouth wide and a huge,murky sphere was taking place. Then, with great effort, Poochyena aimed the blast into Pinser's chest. A direct hit! Pinser fainted on the spot, dropping Carlella and Snubbull to the ground.
    Carlella ran over and hugged Yenic tightly.
    "You saved my life! Thank you." Carlella cried. Snubbull also hugged Yenic's leg.Yenic could only blush bright red.
    "I couldn't just leave you two with that guy." He said.
    Poochyena could only watch, wagging it's tail happily.

Back