• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MissingNo

Castrainer

Banned
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    I've seen lots of people talking about MissingNo Rumours or "What is it?" Threads... Now, to the truth...

MissingNo
    missingno.png

Thanks JKaizer for the Picture

MissingNo is a glitch at R/B (Yellow not Included) that makes the Item at yar 6th Slot Multiplied. People usually use this on Master Balls and Rare Candies.
    To find MissingNo, Fly/Go to Veridian City, and aim to that Old Man that shows ya how to capture a Pok?mon (He uses Weedle as an example).
    Talk to him. Than answer "No". He will show ya a battle against a Weedle.
    Now Fly to Cinnabar and start Surfing at the Right edge of the Island. (It looks like yar surfing in the Ground XD)
    Than ya will find some wild Pok?mon like Lv. 228 Snorlaxes and etc (DONT Catch Them!) until ya find MissingNo. Run from the battle (Dont battle and dont capture MissingNo, because something bad can happen to yar Save File)
    After running from him, look at yar bag! Ya will have a strange synbol next to the Item in the 6th Slot! Now, abuse of this XD

But for G/S/C, the things are diferent. MissingNo IS there, but ya cant find it =p
    Unless yar using a Code Breaker/Action Replay/Game Shark, theres no way to find it there. The ONLY way is to take a risk and catch it at R/B, than send it to that Version. Not a big deal, really, because ya dont get yar itens multiplied XD

At Ru/Sa, ya need a Cheat Device to get it. Use the "Pass by Walls" Code, than pass the Link Battle Door, and fight it there. Still not a big deal =p

At Fr/Lg... Theres no way o.0;;
    MissingNo was a Glitch at R/B, and Fr/Lg is out of those Glitches so dont waste yar time :P

The Meaning of "MissingNo":

MissingNo means "Missing Number", yah. Now lets me explain it. Everytime ya find a Pkmn, the screen flashes right? Well, in that time, the game CPU tries to find the number of the Pkmn, and put it there, to ya figth/capture etc...
    This happens everytime ya fight a Pkmn. The MissingNo glitch, works based on that way. That place next to Cinnabar is the real glitch. When ya goes to any grass, and find a Pkmn, that number will be "saved temporaly". Well, like I said before, the Cinnabar Glitch uses the numbers ya last saw. Example: Go to the route 2, fight some Pkmn, than go to the place where ya find MissingNo. Ya will find Pidgeys and Rattatas there. Its because the "saved numbers" will be reproduced there. Now, when ya talks with that old man, ya starts a battle with a Weedle. But that Weedle has a diferent number than the others, so when ya go to the Cinnabar Glitch, the CPU cant find the number, and its makes it a "Missing Number" aka "MissingNo". And thats why Missing Number, MissingNo, is there.

The Crystal Fact: (A fact lived by me and friends!)
    I was watching two friends battle (both with Crystal Versions), I was laughing out loud with that battle, and we all were having fun when one if the cables disconected. One of my friends was stupendly figthing against Lv. 500 Golducks and Lv. 256 Miltanks, while the other was figthing against Lv. 0 Eggs O__o They turned off theyre GBCs, and than everything was back to normal. Well, ya must be asking "WTH? How did that happen?!" Well, lets get back to the "Missing Numbers", hehe. When the cable disconnected, the CPU was sending the numbers by the cable, but it was not there, so again, random numbers were sended, because the number it was sending couldnt be found. Welcome back, "Missing Number" XD And now lets think: Pkmn Crystal had 251 numbers, for the 251 Pkmn right? It was probably sending numbers like 45878, that was a Lv. 500 Golduck and etc. And thats what Gameshark do, it "manage" the numbers.

I hope this helps all of those who doenst know whats/who is MissingNo.
    Any comment or thing I said wrong at this thread, feel free to comment ^_^

Last edited:

Jolty-kun

Years
  • Great Casty!, do you know i caught MissingNo? XD, me is naughty!!! XD, i battled with him until i realeased him, 2 days later, the game was back to normal, also, wait, what i did was a dont try this at home XD, missingno has these moves:

Water gun
    Water gun
    Sky attack
    (summut else, i forgot)

Hopefully ill comewith a few screenshots for ya'all

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • The items aren't infinate, it's just over 100. It's like... 125 or something.

*did the Rare Candy cheat and had to duplicate it many many times*

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    JKaizer said:
    The items aren't infinate, it's just over 100. It's like... 125 or something.

*did the Rare Candy cheat and had to duplicate it many many times*

Okay! Thanks JKai!
    *Edits*

Cant we get this tickied? o.O;;

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • mmm I have heard of MissingNo b4, but never actually tried it..... i have a question though....
    Do you think it will work on the Italian version of Pokemon Blue?? Because I heard there was a specific version to use too :\

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    NiNGi said:
    mmm I have heard of MissingNo b4, but never actually tried it..... i have a question though....
    Do you think it will work on the Italian version of Pokemon Blue?? Because I heard there was a specific version to use too :\

Yah. It works in every version of Blue and Red ^^;

And dark_espeon... Maybe ya got tired of cheats? XD

JKaizer - Ohh... I though ya was a mod here XD

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    to find missingno you talk to the dude who teaches you to catch pokemon (weedle) in vermileon city.
    then you fly immediatly to cinnibar and surf up and down the right side of the island. does anybody know if this works in firered/leafgreen?

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    rsgh5 said:
    to find missingno you talk to the dude who teaches you to catch pokemon (weedle) in vermileon city.
    then you fly immediatly to cinnibar and surf up and down the right side of the island. does anybody know if this works in firered/leafgreen?

Correction... Ya have to answer 2 times Yes and one time No.
    (I read that in 4 Different Websites o.O)
    (And I already told how to find it at my first post :P)

And of course this doesnt work at Fr/Lg.
    MissingNo was a glitch, and for the heaven's sake, it was taken out of Fr/Lg ^^;

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    JKaizer said:
    XD

Silly silly Casty... what I mod is in my sig. ;D

...and there is a sticky in RBY ya know.

*looks*
    o.O;;
    Is that -really- needed? XD

Yah. But those thread come so recently to this Forum, so I decided to make this thread o.O;;

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Is that -really- needed? XD
    Of course it is, it shows JA that I have 5x the power than her. =3~~

Yah. But those thread come so recently to this Forum, so I decided to make this thread o.O;;
    You could've PMed me and asked me to copy the thread over here. >_>

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    JKaizer said:
    Of course it is, it shows JA that I have 5x the power than her. =3~~

You could've PMed me and asked me to copy the thread over here. >_>

Im not talking about the quote XD

I didnt knew ya was a mod at R/B/Y XD
    Anyways, here I say things about the G/S/C and Ru/Sa too, so I dun think that thread could help more than this one XD

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Castrainer said:
    Yah. It works in every version of Blue and Red ^^;

And dark_espeon... Maybe ya got tired of cheats? XD

JKaizer - Ohh... I though ya was a mod here XD

mmm alright... well, ill go try it out myself then =P i just hope its not going to corrupt my save data because I would lose (again) all of my miriads of lv100 pokemon X| in that case i would suicide! lmao XD

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    NiNGi said:
    mmm alright... well, ill go try it out myself then =P i just hope its not going to corrupt my save data because I would lose (again) all of my miriads of lv100 pokemon X| in that case i would suicide! lmao XD

It wont ^^;
    Just be sure dont catch him or any Ultra-Leveled Pok?mon XD
    And be sure to put the item ya want to multiplicate at the 6th Slot!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Castrainer said:
    Correction... Ya have to answer 2 times Yes and one time No.
    (I read that in 4 Different Websites o.O)
    (And I already told how to find it at my first post :P)

And of course this doesnt work at Fr/Lg.
    MissingNo was a glitch, and for the heaven's sake, it was taken out of Fr/Lg ^^;

hold the phone! i have a correction for you. you don't need to do any of this answering stuff. you can just say no and go. beleive me, i did it often.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    rsgh5 said:
    hold the phone! i have a correction for you. you don't need to do any of this answering stuff. you can just say no and go. beleive me, i did it often.

*Holds a Phone* Hu?! XD
    Okay so.... *edits*

Back