• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The real missingo!!!(or ?)

mjyoung

Normal Trainer
Years
  • Hello im Mark to tell you about my glitched fire red. I used to use game shark until mine broke. I used the cheat to catch suicune befor i had a pokemon. The whole journey went fine until when i was supposed to catch suicune. Instead a ? appeared and i caught it. Its usless except it allows me to clone any pokemonany amount of times on fire red but everytime i do i get 1 bad egg horray for me :(. Im wondering if i should release it or not. Please reply soon with experiments and/or what i should do with it p.s. I cant release it !!!!!!!!:(:(:( and whenever u look at its summary my game freezes.

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Well, first off, don't cheat.

When cheating you should expect these things, games freeze when you cheat because you're altering the original data. The only thing I can recommend is trading your party and other Pokemon to another game. Not any hacked Pokemon, if you don't want this to happen again. Then restart this one. Usually deleting the old saved data will fix the problem.

Things are so much more rewarding when you work for them, unless there isn't any other way to get a Pokemon.

mjyoung

Normal Trainer
    Years
  • k ill post later if the releasing thing is sucsessful

O-M-G missingo the ?? thing left me a surprise 3 boxes of bad eggs lets hope they dont make more missingos...lol btw is there a way to get rid of bad eggs...or do they stay in there FOREVER :(

Last edited:

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Eh, the bad eggs won't disappear unless you start over your game. I think. :/
    I knew you could exploit the cloning glitch and do it backwards to make the bad egg disappear instead of make a copy, but 3 boxes full of them? I'd rather start off fresh and new. Sorry. :(​

mjyoung

Normal Trainer
    Years
  • i think the release thing worked but now my gameboy sp has a green line down the center on every game i play :/ and i beat pretty much everything in the game except pokedex and its my frist pokemon game!!!:( wit my favorite pokemon-.-. So i dont wana start over . Also now when i look at some pokemon eggs summary my game freezes btw any way to get rid of bad eggs without reseting game on fire red please tell me :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Honestly, by the sound of it, you've dug yourself into one heck of a hole. I'd restart the game, and try to live with the green line. Hopefully, you've learned to not cheat. It's not worth the damage to the cartridge and the system. If you need a Poke, usually someone will just trade it to you :/.
    Sorry to hear about the game and SP.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, cheating (especially in the 3rd gen games) can wreck up a game pretty badly/specatularly, really. Starting over probably is your best and only bet. (But I am unsure on whether that green line is related to the game file, or whether it's just the SP getting old... should affect other games otherwise. =/)

But as for your '?' Pokemon that appeared... (unless it was two question marks... either one) - it is a placeholder Pokemon - a piece of data as a Pokemon that appears when you try to do something you shouldn't. I suppose instead of the Suicune, the game knew that it shouldn't appear until then and shoved that Pokemon in place instead. Other ways apparently involve using some 'walk-through-walls' cheat and trying to walk into the grass with no Pokemon - you instantly get one of those in your party.

http://trsrockin.com/dex_qmark.html and http://trsrockin.com/dex_qq.html have info on the 'One-question-mark-in-a-circle' and the 'Two-question-marks' placeholders respectively. The latter apparently only appears in RS though according to that link - and there is an interesting effect involving it - I have heard from people that trading that to Colosseum changes it to a Celebi - IMO it's probably due to them being placeholders with a 'hex vales' (programming stuff) next to Celebi's - so it turns into one according to how Colosseum reads the hex value.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Maybe. Not a legit Celebi, mind (given all events have set data and all, one could tell if it was fake), and I never tried it myself having no hacking devices. But it certainly is possible. Of course, its hex number is in-between Celebi's and Treecko's, so... and only for the two-question-mark one, apparently - don't know about the question-mark-in-a-circle.

Back