• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Continuity? 0_o

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Heya,
    so two things really bugging me in one episode, Holiday Hi-Jynx.
    In a prior episode, for starters, Misty leaves Starmie with her sisters.
    But quite obviously she uses it to pull the raft in this episode.
    Even worse is when Ash decides to try and catch Jynx, he sends out Charmander.
    Not Charizard.
    Charmander.
    I dunno, it just really annoys me. >_>

Heck, for that matter he uses Charmander in the next episode, Snow Way Out.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    In the dub some of the earlier episodes were aired extremely out of order, for different reasons.

I remember 'Snow Way Out' airing in 2000, when it should've aired mid '99, if it would've stayed true to the episode order. All of those episodes had reasons for their setbacks, but I don't remember now what they were. :x

There are some fansites that still have info on that, though.

Years
  • If I remember correctly what I read a while ago those episodes were delayed in japan when the Porygon seizure incident happened and thus aired out of order (I think they were suppose to air not long after the Porygon episode). When it came to english it stayed out of order unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    The airdates in English were really, really out of order. As for the Japanese version, it would've made sense since they were in order. So it's just a case of the usual 4Kids screw-up.​

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You know what I never noticed this...but when I look back I see what you mean...

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • wasn't that the episode that was banned because Jynx 'represented' black slaves in some way?

were do people find these connections?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Some episodes were aired that way for strange reasons but they don't change much of the series. It does bother me though when I rewatch these episodes.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    It was the same with Jessie's Lickitung, in Ep.49 "So Near Yet So Farfetch'd" Jessie is, to everyones surprise, shown with a Licktung which isn't seen again for two episodes and then Ep.52 "Princess Vs Princess" Jessie captures a Lickitung, another is Ep.35 "The Legend of Dratini" which never aired in English due to TR pointing a gun at a Safari Park worker, which happened to co-inside with an increase in US gun crime, so the episode was pulled, which left us all wondering how Ash managed to catch an entire heard of Tauros, so yeah there are many messed up areas in the anime, we just all learned to deal with it, but if your interested im sure there must be somewhere out there that knows the order they should have aired in.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • Yeah. I remember noticing gaps and plot holes. I always blamed the (innocent) Irish television for airing them out of order or showing the wrong episodes. I now firmly blame the dub.

I mean, the fact a child in primary noticed straight away when a lot of episodes were out of order/cut shows 4kids aren't fooling anyone. ¬¬ Anyways, you could always read episode comparisons if you see something blatantly suspicious.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • 4kid....... [no comment]

Tsk. This is just another problem when one thing collapses. This was probably due to that Porygon episode...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It was the whole "is jynx a racial slur?" incident. They couldn't air it during all that palaver, so it had to be aired later.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Was the order messed up in Japan, or just the dubbed countries?
    What about that herd of Tauros that Ash seemed to have obtained out of nowhere? Oh, thats right, they eliminated that episode because of a gun ¬¬.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I thought the holiday hi-jynx episode was a x-mas special and somehow people in other countries thought why the episode where in the cave of ice where they got sick was jynx looks like a female african with the thick lips big breast black skin they thought that it was banned cuz nintendo was mocking african women

Back